April 18, 2014 | 1931 users online

Lip Treatments - Chapstick - Cherry

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 10/3/2010 8:21:00 PM More reviews by CLAWZGALAW

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Chapstick ... can't go wrong ... nuff said.

Of course I will purchase again .... and again .... and again .... and probably will for the rest of my life. C'mon, it's a CLASSIC! <3

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2010 2:10:00 PM More reviews by BeagleLab

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Thanks to a recommendation in InStyle and the wonderful reviews, I bought a couple of these. My lips look wonderful. They are fairly full, so I do not want to have screaming color on them, just enough to brighten up my face and look polished. Cheap too. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2010 10:00:00 PM More reviews by kitsha88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Can't complain about this product as it does almost everything my ideal lip chap would do...
Inexpensive, has SPF protection, adds a very slight tint of reddish pink to my lips that looks natural yet cute, some sheen without looking too greasy/oily, goes on smoothly, smells good (sweet cherries), good year round lip mositurizer.
It may not pack enough power for those with very chapped lips but as a regualar lip protectant it works great.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2010 8:39:00 PM More reviews by CharleyCrescent

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I think we may have all romanticized Cherry ChapStick a bit because of Katy Perry’s song “I Kissed A Girl”, in which she belts that she kissed a girl and liked it because of the taste of her cherry chapstick. True, the first thing I will say is that Cherry ChapStick holds a taste very well. Unlike several flavors of Bonne Bell’s gloppy LipSmacker, cherry ChapStick goes on smooth, retains its cherry cough drop flavor indefinitely, and smells great.

It also colors my lips a bit, which is nice because I don’t need to have fire engines screaming on my face all day, but it gives them a red sheen, like I just ran a few miles.

ChapStick is also the original brand of lip balm, invented by Charles Browne Fleet in the late 1800’s. It has an unexpected history to it as well. During the Watergate scandal, microphones had been stuffed into ChapStick tubes, which were used as evidence in the 1972 trial of Nixon and his associates. You can fact-check this information on http://www.chapstick.com/lifestyle.aspx.

I find some other variations of ChapStick to be pretty unappealing, like the Medicated, which tastes like soap. I like the Original, which smells good and kind of tingles on my lips. I can see the point of the trendier products, like True Shimmer, although I think ChapStick should try to stick with the more basic products, lest they be seen as competitors to BonneBell. In which case they will lose.

Like Levi's jeans, ChapStick is a brand that sells a specific old-fashioned product, and needs no further ornamentation.

5 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2010 11:15:00 PM More reviews by owaimommy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I use this everyday..I really dont like glosses and lipsticks..most shades look really bad on me no matter if they are meant for women with my coloring,my lips have nice pigment to them already this leaves them nice and supple with a hint of tint

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2010 11:17:00 PM More reviews by mlboik

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

A must for people like me who have big lips and when wearing most gloss, lipstick, or even heavily tinted lip balms I look like bozo lips. I love how this perks up my pout with a hint of pink (my lips are already pretty pigmented, so can't speak too much about how much pink this little baby conveys). I love how it makes my lips glisten. In doubt? Swatch it on your skin and you'll see how shiny/pearly it is without any frost to make your lips look old. If you're looking for a color punch, this won't be it. If you're hoping not to look washed out and have a problem with a lot of lip products, this might do the trick. It moisturizes well too. My only worry is I think the rumor that it does strip your lips of their natural oils may be true because if it wears off, while my lips still feel soft to the touch when I run my finger along them, they do look wrinkly.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2010 4:18:00 PM More reviews by PMKarabel

I'm not a huge lipstick fan. I just don't like it. Cherry ChapStick has been my go to lip color since I was 12. I love how it smells and feels and looks. The problem with my lips is that they're completely skin-toned. The color of a lipstick will show up as that exact color on my lips. This sounds good, except most lipsticks are made for people with pink or blue or yellow tinted lips. Cherry ChapStick never lets me down.
PROS: It leaves a nice pinky color, it lasts, it's silky feeling and it's not overbearing on my lips.
CONS: I always peel off the wrapper so it's just a white tube because the wrap peels and chips off.
OVERALL: It won't let you down. Buy it over and over again!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2010 2:48:00 AM More reviews by JessiWho

oldie but goodie.
this product can't letcha down! (:
smooth when it goes on, stays on, feels like it isn't there, moisturizes. alot.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2010 9:59:00 PM More reviews by youdroppedabalmonme2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I went through an insane lip-balm craze about 5 years ago--found LipMedic online and went bananas (and vanilla, and mango, and mint...) trying every high- and low-end lip balm, tinted and not tinted. The craze ended, but guess what stayed in my makeup bag, and guess what gets repurchased a few times a year? Cherry ChapStick!

It's just right for me, especially since I don't have especially dry lips (probably because I don't compulsively apply lip balm or gloss every 10 minutes as I used to). This is not a curative product for cracked or peeling lips, but works well for minor dryness. It's light, but creamy and feels soft rather than waxy-- hello, Burt's Bees candle lips! I LOVE the smell personally, as it reminds me of the cherry lozenges I'd get as a child when I had the flu. And there is definitely a natural rosy tint that appears when I swipe the tube several times. It's perfect when I'm wearing dramatic eye makeup and don't want an opaque lip color. My 4-year-old daughter loves it, too, and at $4 for a 3-pack, who cares if she practically eats it?

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2010 7:16:00 PM More reviews by taybear96

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

An essentail in my beauty bag, whats not to love about a moisturizing, light, slightly lip tinting classic?