October 22, 2014 | 2014 users online

Lip Treatments - Chapstick - Cherry

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2011 12:25:00 PM More reviews by zee81

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It works for me, I like that it is cheap enough to have them everywhere around the house, office, car... It lasts and definitely conditions.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2010 8:56:00 PM More reviews by nicolegryne

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

I used to use this product when I was younger. I thought it would work for me again. Boy was I wrong. the product moisturized my lips, but left them with a slight rash. I later learned I am allergic to products with sunscreen. If your lips are sensitive like mine, I encourage you: Do NOT purchase!!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2010 2:06:00 AM More reviews by gorbe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

First: Dear Katy Perry: Thanks, I will forever associate this product with "I kissed a girl". It's okay, I think you are totally hot and appear to have natural, perfect breasts. Good for you!

Review: This product is decent. Provides temporary (though not lasting) moisture, for me. Has a very slight red tint and a fake cherry-ish smell, which are the two things about it that I don't like and make me not want to repurchase it. If you want a reddish tinted lip balm and don't mind the fake-cherry scent (think cold medicine), you might like this. Note: I am weird, I am giving the packaging a 4/5 just because I have seen it so many times, the familiarity/unchagning-ness of it is comforting somehow..

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2010 10:14:00 PM More reviews by BrownEyes01

Currently my favorite lip balm product. I also like Rosebud Minted Salve but the Cherry Chapstick is coming out ahead because it is in a tube for instead of a tin so that makes it easier to apply. I also love the smell of the cherry chapstick!! Makes my lips so smooth!! You do have to apply often but that doesn't bother me.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/3/2010 8:21:00 PM More reviews by CLAWZGALAW

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Chapstick ... can't go wrong ... nuff said.

Of course I will purchase again .... and again .... and again .... and probably will for the rest of my life. C'mon, it's a CLASSIC! <3

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2010 2:10:00 PM More reviews by BeagleLab

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Thanks to a recommendation in InStyle and the wonderful reviews, I bought a couple of these. My lips look wonderful. They are fairly full, so I do not want to have screaming color on them, just enough to brighten up my face and look polished. Cheap too. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2010 10:00:00 PM More reviews by kitsha88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Can't complain about this product as it does almost everything my ideal lip chap would do...
Inexpensive, has SPF protection, adds a very slight tint of reddish pink to my lips that looks natural yet cute, some sheen without looking too greasy/oily, goes on smoothly, smells good (sweet cherries), good year round lip mositurizer.
It may not pack enough power for those with very chapped lips but as a regualar lip protectant it works great.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2010 8:39:00 PM More reviews by CharleyCrescent

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I think we may have all romanticized Cherry ChapStick a bit because of Katy Perry’s song “I Kissed A Girl”, in which she belts that she kissed a girl and liked it because of the taste of her cherry chapstick. True, the first thing I will say is that Cherry ChapStick holds a taste very well. Unlike several flavors of Bonne Bell’s gloppy LipSmacker, cherry ChapStick goes on smooth, retains its cherry cough drop flavor indefinitely, and smells great.

It also colors my lips a bit, which is nice because I don’t need to have fire engines screaming on my face all day, but it gives them a red sheen, like I just ran a few miles.

ChapStick is also the original brand of lip balm, invented by Charles Browne Fleet in the late 1800’s. It has an unexpected history to it as well. During the Watergate scandal, microphones had been stuffed into ChapStick tubes, which were used as evidence in the 1972 trial of Nixon and his associates. You can fact-check this information on http://www.chapstick.com/lifestyle.aspx.

I find some other variations of ChapStick to be pretty unappealing, like the Medicated, which tastes like soap. I like the Original, which smells good and kind of tingles on my lips. I can see the point of the trendier products, like True Shimmer, although I think ChapStick should try to stick with the more basic products, lest they be seen as competitors to BonneBell. In which case they will lose.

Like Levi's jeans, ChapStick is a brand that sells a specific old-fashioned product, and needs no further ornamentation.

5 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2010 11:15:00 PM More reviews by owaimommy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I use this everyday..I really dont like glosses and lipsticks..most shades look really bad on me no matter if they are meant for women with my coloring,my lips have nice pigment to them already this leaves them nice and supple with a hint of tint

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2010 11:17:00 PM More reviews by mlboik

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

A must for people like me who have big lips and when wearing most gloss, lipstick, or even heavily tinted lip balms I look like bozo lips. I love how this perks up my pout with a hint of pink (my lips are already pretty pigmented, so can't speak too much about how much pink this little baby conveys). I love how it makes my lips glisten. In doubt? Swatch it on your skin and you'll see how shiny/pearly it is without any frost to make your lips look old. If you're looking for a color punch, this won't be it. If you're hoping not to look washed out and have a problem with a lot of lip products, this might do the trick. It moisturizes well too. My only worry is I think the rumor that it does strip your lips of their natural oils may be true because if it wears off, while my lips still feel soft to the touch when I run my finger along them, they do look wrinkly.