October 25, 2014 | 1596 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Philosophy - The Present Clear Makeup

rated 4 of 5 on 12/9/2010 10:41:00 PM More reviews by amandable

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I use this everyday after applying moisturizer and before concealer and foundation. Since I started using The Present, I've found that my makeup stays on longer and I have to do fewer touch ups throughout the day. It's also pretty moisturizing. I don't think it makes my pores that less visible, though.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2010 1:49:00 AM More reviews by krblack11

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely love this product. I use it as a primer under makeup, or alone with spf 30 sunscreen, and it is magic! It does exactly what it advertises -- evens my texture and skin tone and diminishes the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. And it does all this VERY noticeably. It even helps my under eye area to appear brighter! Also, after using this and letting it set (you HAVE to let it set for 2 minutes), I need hardly any foundation (I use BE Mineral Foundation) and very little concealer on only any blemishes I may have and my undereye circles. Although I wish it came in a pump (the tube can get a little messy), the tube has lasted me somewhere around 8-9 months as I use it over a few spritz's of rosewater which allow it to spread better... I'm on my third tube in 2 years, so I feel that I've definitely gotten my money's worth. I've tried Bare Escentuals' Prime Time and Smashbox's primers, and these can't even begin to compare to The Present. I don't think I'll ever stop using.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2010 9:23:00 PM More reviews by mintyenn

I loooove this stuff. My skin is stupidly dry, flaky dry but when I put this on after my moisturizer, it kind of seals in the moisture and smooths out any dry areas. It makes my skin feel really soft and smooth and keeps my Bare Minerals foundation lasting all day without any shine. And by all day I mean 16-18 hours (yes I have really long days). I have quite large pores on and around my nose and this makes them invisible as well.

I know I shouldn't, but I even exercise in this stuff. I generally work out right after work and I don't bother removing my makeup. Sweating with this stuff doesn't create clogged pores or breakouts dry, sensitive skin. Primers generally make me breakout because they're essentially blocking the pores. This is the first primer I've tried that hasn't and I love it.

I don't know what smell people are complaining about, to me it smells like lavender and there's no scent once it dries. Letting it sit for 2 minutes before makeup isn't a big deal either, I just do my eye makeup first like I normally would anyways. I really can't say enough good things about The Present, dare I say it's even making my skin better? The overall tone has evened out and there are fewer and fewer dry patches. I even wear it with just concealer on days when I'm running late and there's no time for anything else and it makes my skin look flawless.

HG primer!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2010 4:30:00 PM More reviews by ifoundlove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a nice primer. I would say it really does cover up those wrinkles and lines on my face. A little goes a long way. I use this sparingly, it is really thick and like it says, let it sit for a bit before applying any make-up! This gives a flawless effect when you put your foundation on. I got this in a set, and I definitely like this better than the Smashbox PhotoFinish Primer! 2oz will probably last me a long while too! But I have to admit, it doesn't smell too nice :( So price wise & smell wise, I took off 2 lippies!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2010 12:52:00 AM More reviews by gorbe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This worked decently at making skin look matte (not a huge problem for me anyway, I have dry skin), even, and smooth. It did not do anything for me to prolong foundation wear. It also smelled a bit fishy. Literally. I returned it.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/28/2010 10:05:00 PM More reviews by ookiecrisp

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm currenlty using this as a primer. It makes my skin looker super smooth and matte! It even looks great with out any foundation.. especially on days when I go to work with little make up... just a tab of blush and my skin looks healthy! The 2oz tube for $25 sold me on this product too! I don't mind that it take 2 minutes for the primer to set, because I put it on toward the end while I am blowing drying my hair.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/26/2010 3:31:00 AM More reviews by flawlessbackflip

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

i'm still not exactly sure what this is supposed to do, but the general consensus says that it's a primer.
i use it on the days that i go to school because i wear no makeup at all. i put it on and my skin feels super smooth and stays matte for hours (4+). i love it because it doubles up as a moisturizer, too. it's a pretty thick cream so using it instead of a moisturizer for my very oily skin is enough. i put on my acne cream, the present, and i'm out the door.
it doesn't ball up, and blends in well.
under makeup, however, doesn't keep me as matte for some reason. i use powder foundation, and i still have to blot.
the only complaint is the smell - it doesn't have a particularly good smell, but you can't smell anything once it has set into the skin.
the price is also fantastic. $25 for 2 ounces instead of the usual 1 ounce.
i don't know if i'll buy this again because the time that i want to be matte is when i have makeup on. and it doesn't do that. so i don't know if i would pay another $25 for it. i would rather find a primer that keeps me matte regardless.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2010 7:44:00 AM More reviews by sweetshiningstar

I'm not sure if I'd buy this again. It's 2 oz instead of the typically 1 oz for a portion of Smashbox's price. That's good. I love the primer itself, but I'm trying to get away from parabens in my makeup.

The Supernatural doesn't seem to have parabens in it.

However, the Present is a matte texture, Supernatural is more slippery because of the silicone content.

I don't find that the Present "smells like glue" or balls up. It's thick but spreads well, you just need to use it sparingly and blend well. I've never had it clump up on me.

I use an "eraser size amount"- think top of a wooden school pencil. Squeeze that on my forefinger, dab that on different areas of my face, use middle three fingers to blend out. Instructions say to wait 2 minutes for it to dry, but I've started applying makeup at 1 min with no problems.

I don't find that the formula erases fine lines (then again I'm 22) or any of that advertising stuff it claims, but I love the texture, and as a primer it works very, very well....

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2010 1:32:00 PM More reviews by Celynnda

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I had been a die hard user of Dr. Perricone Ceramic Skin Smoother but it has been recently discontinuted. I have been on a 2 month search for a replacement primer and so far this one is the best. I read the other reviews and the biggest complaint seems to be the waiting of 2 minutes for the product to completely dry/set. I found a VERY easy trick that works even better than waiting the 2 minutes...just use the COOL setting on your blowdryer for about 30 seconds and waaalaaa!!!! You are SET! The primer definitely gives you a smoother affect..you can see the difference immediately after you blowdry your face. I do not wear foundation during the day but I find this gives my skin and pores a smoother more even appearance. I have noticed that by the end of the day it is a little more moist not matte on my skin but at my age I need that so it is not a problem. Overall I would highly reccomend this product.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 9/19/2010 11:21:00 PM More reviews by Silrayan

I had this as a sample that gave me about a weeks worth. I wasn't impressed. I always waited the full 2 minutes (usually a bit longer), but I didn't feel like it filled in my pores very much. I did seem to help with oil control a bit better than my normal primers, but I suspect it was the cause of a breakout.