Mario Badescu Enzyme Cleansing Gel

3.9

Ingredients: Deionized Water (Aqua), Glycerin, Papaya (Carica Papaya Fruit) Extract, Grapefruit (Citrus Grandis Fruit) Extract, Lauramide DEA, Monomide, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben. (2/19/2014)

on 3/24/2013 11:24:00 PM

Before purchasing this product I would recommend that you smell it first. I can't stand the over bearing scent. Overall I think it works well, and I like the gel consistency, but the overly floral fragrance almost makes me sick to my stomach. I am trying to get used to it, but I doubt I will get through the whole bottle before purchasing something else that isn't so stinky.

on 3/12/2013 6:05:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

This cleanser is gentle and can be used daily. I don't believe it irritates my skin much but I do alternate with other cleansers depending on the current weather. I have been using this cleaner for years and it works and removes dirt yet is gentle on my sensitive combination skin. It is a gel and spreads on easily and does not foam. It smells great as well like fresh cucumber.

on 3/2/2013 12:17:00 AM

This works great on my sensitive, freckled skin.
Lasts a long time and smells great. Works wonders for my acne.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I have combination-dry skin with flaky/dry patches (poor cell turnover rate) and moderately severe bouts of hormonal acne. This cleanser has swiftly become an integral part in my routine, revealing smoother, clearer skin in days without being overly harsh. Love it!

Nope, this cleanser does NOT foam or lather. continued >>

on 2/12/2013 9:05:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

Overall Rating: 3
Price: 4
Packaging: 2
Would I buy it again? No.

I bought this cleanser for my acne prone skin after seeing a lot of good reviews for it. I don't have major acne just a lot of small white heads and black heads particularly on my forehead and cheeks. Before getting my period I do break out more but hardly ever cystic acne. My main concern was to get rid of all my clogged pores, very oily skin (can probably cook a whole meal with it!), blackheads (bazillions on my nose), small whiteheads, and redness.

I used the Enzyme Cleansing gel for approximately 2 months and at the start my skin was SLIGHTLY getting better and then for some reason it stopped working and does not work any more like it used to. I mean when I first used it I didn't see any miracle improvements just very slight changes such as less redness, smaller whiteheads, less blackheads. So basically I always still had acne. I am on the lookout for something that gets rid of all my facial problems. Obviously I will not be buying this again. But if it didn't work for me doesn't mean it won't work for you. I guess it doesn't hurt to try. Unfortunately for me though all the try's I had were sadly disappointing.

on 1/27/2013 3:29:00 AM

Love love love this product! Never had any acne up until about a year ago. So I've been struggling to find products to help get my skin back to what it used to be. I have tried many products drugstore to high end and after only trying Mario's products for less than a week I could already see a HUGE difference in my skin (more than any of the more pricey products have helped with me using them for months) overall I'm very happy with this cleanser it gets the job done and removes makeup fairly well too but I would recommend makeup wipes for any eye makeup. This cleanser leaves your face feeling refreshed and smooth.. so clean! I also use some of the acne products but feel the acne cleanser from this line would be too harsh and drying to use along with them. I recommend this product as well as the drying lotion, buffering lotion, and any of his moisturizers! You WILL see results! So happy I came across these! Def my new HG skin care line!

This cleanser stays in the closet most of the time. I could be wrong, but I don't think it's big into removing makeup. However, when I have a time I'm breaking out, I I go to this. It just seems to clear out congestion, and make breakouts behave. I actually LOVE the scent of this cleanser.

on 1/21/2013 7:18:00 PM

I am very happy with this cleanser! I have combination-dry skin that changes with the seasons. I had been using a basic drugstore cleanser when noticed i was running out. I stopped at ulta and decided togive this a try. I dont mind the smell and my skin feels noticeably smoother even after the first use. Ive started to leave it on for a minute or so to get the maximum effect from the enzymes. In my opinion its pretty gentle and recommend it for combo skin. Use a separate eye makeup remover beforehand!

I LOVE THIS CLEANSER.
Unfortunately, it was too drying for me in the winter, therefore I overdried my skin and it led to break outs which I am still recovering from right now. However, I used this in the summer and it has been wonderful and it healed all my acne and lighten my acne scars.
I used just a tiny bit with my Clarisonic. Brilliant product.
I purchased this for about $18 if i'm not wrong, on Gilt.com.

on 12/27/2012 7:19:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I usually don't spend much money on cleansers. This is rather inexpensive, (it is only a couple more dollars than drug store brands) and is a very gentle yet effective cleaner.
I feel, because it is a gel cleanser, it doesn't leave my skin taunt after using it and my skin feel nice and soft, clean and refreshed after using it.
I am not sure how good it is at removing make up as I always remove my make up with a cleansing oil before hand.
Will definitely repurchase!