July 30, 2014 | 1061 users online

Cleansers - Mario Badescu - Enzyme Cleansing Gel

rated 2 of 5 on 8/23/2012 1:16:00 AM More reviews by BerniA

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I actually got this for free as a sample from MB. It was part of the skincare regime that was recommended when I took the questionnaire on the website. At first, it left my skin feeling cleansed but not too dry. However, after a week or so, my skin would become super oily and started breaking out worse than when I started the product. To be fair, it could be that using it in conjunction with the a.h.a. and ceramide lotion was making my skin freak out, but it started feeling itchy on top of everything else, so I'm pretty sure I was allergic to one of the two, or something. I might try it as a sample again with the new moisturizer I'm using now to see if there is any difference. But, so far it doesn't seem like it works for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/21/2012 5:21:00 PM More reviews by geideja

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

I wanted to love this product but I don't. It clogged my pores.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2012 10:41:00 PM More reviews by maneater

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is currently my favourite cleanser ! I love the smell, texture, and how great it makes my skin feel ! Its just perfect for my combo/oily t-zone skin, doesn't dry it out ! I bought the big bottle of this, I have a feeling this one's a keeper !

rated 4 of 5 on 7/15/2012 12:26:00 AM More reviews by apple818

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It's a good cleanser, like other cleanser. But it won't dry you out

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2012 11:42:00 PM More reviews by Cheeseandrice

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this cleansing gel! It's very gentle on your skin and won't dry you out. Also I love the smell! It feels great using this to wash my face every morning. I highly recommend it. It's a tad pricey for a cleanser but it lasts forever! I prefer pump packaging but the bottle is not bad. I was using Cetaphil gentle skin cleanser before (I still use it, I keep it in my 2nd bathroom and the MB enzyme cleansing gel in my main bathroom) and i like both, but prefer the Enzyme cleansing gel b/c of the refreshing smell and it just feels better to use. Both are equally gentle on your skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/28/2012 3:49:00 PM More reviews by katayoun

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Love this cleanser. I use this most of the time, and Clinique Acne Solutions during my period (to control hormonal breakouts). MB does a great job with packaging, and the prices are reasonable. Don't be put off by the fact that this cleanser doesn't foam.

Excellent daily cleanser!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2012 3:26:00 PM More reviews by pinklover92

This face wash seems like it does not do anything when you wash your face. This is a non foaming cleanser that cleans as well as foaming cleansers do. Foaming cleansers have chemicals/ingredients that may be damaging to your skin. I love the hygienic packaging and the non offensive scent of this product. I do not miss my super foamy cleansers one bit. I highly recommend this product, because I have noticed decreased size of pores and amount of blackheads.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2012 6:06:00 PM More reviews by themarshmalo

This is my HG facewash. I love love LOVE it! I have acne-prone skin that has also become sensitive. I was previously using Purpose at night and Cetaphil in the mornings. The Purpose seemed to be making my skin too dry (I was using it mainly to help wash off my eye makeup) and the Cetaphil didn't feel like it really cleaned my face. This wash is absolutely perfect! I feel like it does a great job cleaning my skin and is also incredibly gentle - no skin tightness afterwards! It also does a decent job helping to get off my eye makeup, although I use Pond's cold cream to help remove my eye makeup.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/18/2012 1:20:00 PM More reviews by Carybear

"Would you buy this product again?" BIG RESOUNDING NO!
Here's why.
I've been looking to get off Dermalogica. it's sooo pricey, but the only thing that keeps my skin consistent and clear. I have been restlessly trying other things, like Likas Papaya soap. (there is a review) and Mario Badescu's Enzyme Cleansing Gel to name two.
First use, I thought Enzyme Cleansing Gel was great. My skin was stripped and pissed off; I'd overdone it with Likas.
Second use, my face was itchy. That's nothing new though. My face itches a lot. Sometimes it leads to little red patches sometimes not. Silk Powder makes my face itch when I use it as a face powder, but Ive never had a visible reaction.
I digress.
Third use, I experienced what is the common reaction to this cleanser. Itchy, hive-like rash along my cheek bones, and one huge cystic thing under my chin.
I've moved on to something else ( I can't tell youse what yet, I don't want to jinx myself!) and the little bumps are going away.
For your reference: I have combo sensitive skin, with a VERY oily t-zone, olive in color. I am not prone to big breakouts, but long-lasting singular pimples that leave a mark regardless if I pick or not.
Bottom line: It's cheap cause it's s^&t, Period.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2012 11:25:00 AM More reviews by Grac13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

One of the best cleansers I have come across! I tend to have oily skin with an even oilier t-zone during the scorching Sydney summers, although come winter, my face needs a little bit of assistance maintaining moisture in my cheeks.
I have always wanted try this cleanser as I've heard nothing but good things and I've never looked back. Very gentle on the skin, and leaves skin feeling clean but not tight and dry. It also smells divine! Overall I'd haves to say its an excellent all-round cleanser, perfect for all skin types. My only gripe is that it doesn't remove makeup as well as I'd like but that just means I have to cleanse twice, which is no biggie for me.