April 21, 2014 | 952 users online

Cleansers - Mario Badescu - Enzyme Cleansing Gel

rated 4 of 5 on 5/28/2012 3:49:00 PM More reviews by katayoun

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Love this cleanser. I use this most of the time, and Clinique Acne Solutions during my period (to control hormonal breakouts). MB does a great job with packaging, and the prices are reasonable. Don't be put off by the fact that this cleanser doesn't foam.

Excellent daily cleanser!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2012 3:26:00 PM More reviews by pinklover92

This face wash seems like it does not do anything when you wash your face. This is a non foaming cleanser that cleans as well as foaming cleansers do. Foaming cleansers have chemicals/ingredients that may be damaging to your skin. I love the hygienic packaging and the non offensive scent of this product. I do not miss my super foamy cleansers one bit. I highly recommend this product, because I have noticed decreased size of pores and amount of blackheads.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2012 6:06:00 PM More reviews by themarshmalo

This is my HG facewash. I love love LOVE it! I have acne-prone skin that has also become sensitive. I was previously using Purpose at night and Cetaphil in the mornings. The Purpose seemed to be making my skin too dry (I was using it mainly to help wash off my eye makeup) and the Cetaphil didn't feel like it really cleaned my face. This wash is absolutely perfect! I feel like it does a great job cleaning my skin and is also incredibly gentle - no skin tightness afterwards! It also does a decent job helping to get off my eye makeup, although I use Pond's cold cream to help remove my eye makeup.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/18/2012 1:20:00 PM More reviews by Carybear

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

"Would you buy this product again?" BIG RESOUNDING NO!
Here's why.
I've been looking to get off Dermalogica. it's sooo pricey, but the only thing that keeps my skin consistent and clear. I have been restlessly trying other things, like Likas Papaya soap. (there is a review) and Mario Badescu's Enzyme Cleansing Gel to name two.
First use, I thought Enzyme Cleansing Gel was great. My skin was stripped and pissed off; I'd overdone it with Likas.
Second use, my face was itchy. That's nothing new though. My face itches a lot. Sometimes it leads to little red patches sometimes not. Silk Powder makes my face itch when I use it as a face powder, but Ive never had a visible reaction.
I digress.
Third use, I experienced what is the common reaction to this cleanser. Itchy, hive-like rash along my cheek bones, and one huge cystic thing under my chin.
I've moved on to something else ( I can't tell youse what yet, I don't want to jinx myself!) and the little bumps are going away.
For your reference: I have combo sensitive skin, with a VERY oily t-zone, olive in color. I am not prone to big breakouts, but long-lasting singular pimples that leave a mark regardless if I pick or not.
Bottom line: It's cheap cause it's s^&t, Period.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2012 11:25:00 AM More reviews by Grac13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

One of the best cleansers I have come across! I tend to have oily skin with an even oilier t-zone during the scorching Sydney summers, although come winter, my face needs a little bit of assistance maintaining moisture in my cheeks.
I have always wanted try this cleanser as I've heard nothing but good things and I've never looked back. Very gentle on the skin, and leaves skin feeling clean but not tight and dry. It also smells divine! Overall I'd haves to say its an excellent all-round cleanser, perfect for all skin types. My only gripe is that it doesn't remove makeup as well as I'd like but that just means I have to cleanse twice, which is no biggie for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2012 10:11:00 PM More reviews by MakeMeUp19

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I give this product credit for ridding my face of all acne. I never had bad skin before, just a pimple here and there but I was never lucky enough to be pimple free for more than a day. Now, my skin has been clean for a week straight!! I went online and took the quiz to get suggested products and then I got sent samples, I used those and my face began clearing up so I bought the big bottle and now my face is so soft and clear! It took about two weeks to get clear then about three to get to where I am now (no red marks, no scars).

I think this smells great. It is pretty thick so it feels like a little facial every time you cleanse! It takes time getting used to a non-foaming cleanser but i guess it makes sense because the detergent is harsh on skin so this non-soap cleanser is gentle but effective.

I think anyone should give it a chance! Most Nordstroms have a counter so go ask for a skin consultation and get some samples! You wont be disappointed!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2012 8:36:00 PM More reviews by rkau5472

Have been using this cleanser for about a year now and love it. I use it toremove make up and cleanse twice a day - used to get bad acne on my chin and have had zero since i started this.
Highly recommended with the buttermilk moisturiser

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2012 11:52:00 PM More reviews by neepa1203

LOVE this cleanser! I decided to buy this after reading some glowing reviews on this product and my skin was looking rough after having dance rehearsals everyday (sweat!) and having numerous tests (stress!) in one week. I have always suffered from acne spots but it had never been to the point where I have several at once. So when I found out that this enzyme cleanser had natural AHA's in it I was game to try it. I bought this at a boutique for $12 (8oz.) I have been using it for a month coupled with the Mario Badescu Glycolic Acid Toner and what a difference in my skin! I literally noticed a difference in a week. So I don't use this cleanser to take makeup off (even though it can/does) just because I had an old bottle of the Purpose Gentle Cleanser still left and I wanted this enzyme cleanser to really work on treating my skin rather than working to take off makeup. I get just a dime size amount and work it into my face, it doesn't lather but it glides on really smoothly. Then I wait for about a minute, just letting it sink in, and then I get my Clarisonic Mia and really work it in. Afterwards I just rinse and pat my face dry. It doesn't leave my skin feeling tight and I sort of enjoy the fresh, fruity smell. Definitely recommend trying this!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2012 10:08:00 AM More reviews by bittersweet_delite

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using this cleanser for about 4-5 months now. I am from a town about 45 mins away from Toronto, Canada, and I bought this at Ulta while on vacation in Florida.

My first mistake as purchasing something that is so difficult to find where I live. My second mistake was buying the smaller size (8oz).

IMO This cleanser is perfection. I use this on its own in the morning and with my clarisonic mia at night and together they remove all my makeup (including non-waterproof mascara, long-wearing foundation, blush, concealer, etc). It rinses clean, leaving no residue what-so-ever. That said, it doesn't strip my skin or cause irritation. I ALWAYS have to put on moisturize right after I was my face, but sometimes I really dont feel like i need to after I use this.

To me, in the states it is so affordable for something this great...i cant remember but the HUGE 16oz bottle of this was around $20 (give or take a few $). I have spend $30+ on HE cleansers that are half the size and just do not preform as well as this one. Unfortunately, I must resort to buying this online and paying for shipping which hikes up the price of this to almost double :'( ...But for this, I will do that! And its worth it!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2012 4:00:00 PM More reviews by carabara84

I have been using this cleanser for well over a year and although it's not perfect, it meets almost all of my requirements for a cleanser. First of all, it doesn't dry out my skin or cause irritation. I have tried TOO many cleansers (HE & DS) that make me feel tight, dry and itchy. This cleanses well and is so mild. It doesn't remove all of my makeup on it's own (I just wear powder foundation and blush), but when I massage it gently into my damp skin for 1 minute and then remove with a wet cotton round it all comes off. This stuff is perfect for me!