October 24, 2014 | 902 users online

Cleansers - Mario Badescu - Enzyme Cleansing Gel

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2012 5:43:00 AM More reviews by Cleanandpolished

I LOVE THIS CLEANSER.
Unfortunately, it was too drying for me in the winter, therefore I overdried my skin and it led to break outs which I am still recovering from right now. However, I used this in the summer and it has been wonderful and it healed all my acne and lighten my acne scars.
I used just a tiny bit with my Clarisonic. Brilliant product.
I purchased this for about $18 if i'm not wrong, on Gilt.com.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2012 7:19:00 PM More reviews by rosaschnee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I usually don't spend much money on cleansers. This is rather inexpensive, (it is only a couple more dollars than drug store brands) and is a very gentle yet effective cleaner.
I feel, because it is a gel cleanser, it doesn't leave my skin taunt after using it and my skin feel nice and soft, clean and refreshed after using it.
I am not sure how good it is at removing make up as I always remove my make up with a cleansing oil before hand.
Will definitely repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2012 4:22:00 AM More reviews by emmaallan

Such a great cleanser. Takes off the days make up so easily and doesnt dry out my combination skin. This non lathering cleansing gel always gives my skin such a good clean and never leaves my skin feeling tight. My skin is so soft after using this gel and its great value too a bottle lasts me about 5 months and i use the product twice everyday. Product has really good packaging the nozzle to dispense is genius! Gives you such control on how much product you need. The gel doesnt irritate my eyes and leaves my skin clean and glowing. Would highly recommend!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2012 11:53:00 PM More reviews by cgw1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have very sensitive skin and thought this cleanser would be great for that. I was wrong. It clogged my pores, smells bad, and my skin got worse the more I used it. I am returning this ASAP if Ulta lets me. Also, my skin never felt clean after I washed it. This stuff literally did nothing except clog my pores.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2012 8:59:00 PM More reviews by CabooseHatesBabies

I received a sample of this wonderful product in the mail soon after filling out the questionnaire and I'm thrilled! Being a teenager has caused many people, including my doctor, to dismiss my skin problems as "normal" and I've never been able to get great advice about certain products or brands. That's why I love, love, love the questionnaire and the personalized results. It saves me a lot of time and money trying to figure out what products are right for me; I already know because they tell me!

The Enzyme Cleansing Gel has a very subtle scent and I love it. When I buy products for my face, I don't care how pretty the colors are or how many fragrances they come in - I want the products to work and this one does. It's very smooth and creamy and I like that it doesn't foam; it's wonderful that there are no harsh chemicals and that is why this product works so well. You only need a small amount, which makes the somewhat high price of this product worthwhile. I used this product with Special Cucumber Lotion and Aloe Moisturizer SPF 15. I purchased an 8oz bottle and I'm very excited to continue using this product!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2012 11:57:00 AM More reviews by rosalynxrawr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Because of my acne I have tried a lot of products with salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide in it. Turns out those chemicals are too harsh for my skin and only make it worse. I tried the enzyme cleansing gel as a last resort and now I wish I tried it sooner. It didn't clear up my skin on its own, but it didn't irritate my acne or make it worse. It doesn't feel like a face wash, as it doesn't foam or soap up. While you may not feel a big difference after washing, you will definitely notice a difference in your skin after repeated use. Its extremely gentle on the face which is why I highly recommend it for sensitive or acne-prone skin. Definitely use wipes to remove makeup first and then cleanse with the gel. I recommend to follow it with the Grapefruit Cleansing Lotion (toner). I have had my bottle since March and am just now running out. So while it is a bit pricey, the 8oz bottle has lasted me 6 months! You only need a little bit of the product, a little goes a long way. Your face will feel smoth and oil-free. Give it a try!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/23/2012 1:16:00 AM More reviews by BerniA

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I actually got this for free as a sample from MB. It was part of the skincare regime that was recommended when I took the questionnaire on the website. At first, it left my skin feeling cleansed but not too dry. However, after a week or so, my skin would become super oily and started breaking out worse than when I started the product. To be fair, it could be that using it in conjunction with the a.h.a. and ceramide lotion was making my skin freak out, but it started feeling itchy on top of everything else, so I'm pretty sure I was allergic to one of the two, or something. I might try it as a sample again with the new moisturizer I'm using now to see if there is any difference. But, so far it doesn't seem like it works for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/21/2012 5:21:00 PM More reviews by geideja

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

I wanted to love this product but I don't. It clogged my pores.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2012 10:41:00 PM More reviews by maneater

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is currently my favourite cleanser ! I love the smell, texture, and how great it makes my skin feel ! Its just perfect for my combo/oily t-zone skin, doesn't dry it out ! I bought the big bottle of this, I have a feeling this one's a keeper !

rated 4 of 5 on 7/15/2012 12:26:00 AM More reviews by apple818

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It's a good cleanser, like other cleanser. But it won't dry you out