August 30, 2014 | 1744 users online

Mascara - Rimmel - Magnif'Eyes Eye Magnifier Eye Opening

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2009 2:10:00 PM More reviews by mrsleonidas

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

HG! HG! HG! HG! HG!! AWESOME!

SAME AS THE RED AND BLACK ONE! TRY IT IF U LOVE DRAMATIC EYES!

Use on top and under upper lashes. It makes a huge difference! My H.G. is the original formula in the red and black tube!

IF YOU WANT POP! BAM! BOOM! EYES ....GET THIS!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2009 10:39:00 PM More reviews by ssshaw

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have average medium lashes which are happy to cooperate with the right coaxing. I bought this product because it was on sale at the drugstore. I had never used a Rimmel mascara before, but I couldn't resist the price and fancy claims. I played with this mascara in the evening, hoping to uncover any disastrous secrets and avoid any surprises while getting ready for work in the morning - Lancome Oscillation, if you're listening, that comment was for you! When I saw the mascara wand I had a moment of deja vu as the brush is so similar to Lancome's Oscillation, but it is a much better mascara at a small fraction of the price. It lengthens and separates and the very few clumps I got were nothing a few strokes with a lash comb won't immediately fix. It will straighten your lashes if you curl beforehand - you must keep in mind though, that it advertises an 'eye opening effect' which is done by pulling your lashes up and out. I do not curl beforehand, apply a nice healthy coat, very briefly run a lash comb over any clumps and use a nice coat of volumizing mascara on top (before previous coat is dry), making sure to curve my lashes upwards as I am applying the volumizing (or curling) mascara. This mascara literally makes me feel like my medium average lashes are wearing high heels. I've never purchased high heels at a drugstore before! Highly recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2009 2:47:00 PM More reviews by flcndvsx

I've never had any problems with ANY of Rimmel's mascaras. I love love love it!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/28/2009 11:43:00 PM More reviews by smilemyonly

I used this at first as a lengthening mascara. It went fairly well with my maybelline mascara which volumized. However the bristles seem very cheap to me. After about two months or so of use they began to fall out. I used this product about two to three times a week which isn't very much. Well alltogether the formula was great. I do strongly believe that the brush makes the mascara hence I definately do not recommend this nor will I be puchasing again.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2009 11:22:00 PM More reviews by imaginaryflowers

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Other, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Unbelievably runny and messy. While it did make my eyelashes more noticeable, it certainly was not that WOW quality I was looking for. It smudges very easily, and I remember how one day after applying it, I sneezed before the mascara got to dry, and the mascara on my bottom lashes managed to smudge ALL OVER (my eyes got watery hence the smudging) and I wipe off, my eye makeup and start all over again. The only good thing about this mascara, is the packaging, I love how to blue and black mix together it is the only reason why I bought this product.
EDIT: so after discovering lash primers, and using this after I curl my lashes and apply said lash primer, this product is actually pretty good! It does a good job of lengthening my lashes and my eyes certainly do look 'magnified'

rated 1 of 5 on 1/18/2009 9:36:00 PM More reviews by giirlandthegeese

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

~Dries out verrry quickly
~clumps majorly a few weeks after use
~doesn't give lashes very much curl
I would not recommend this!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/17/2009 5:31:00 PM More reviews by marticica888

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

awful.awful.awful.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/15/2009 4:11:00 PM More reviews by copeland

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product is so bad that immediately after trying it out I felt compelled to write a review. Like the previous review said, it uncurls your lashes - the formula is so runny and heavy (and I don't know how to take off extra product off the bendy brush head and super hard bristles) that it makes your eyelashes droop (won't hold a curl, and I can't re-curl my eyelashes after I apply the mascara!) and just get everywhere. Ugh. Going out immediately to buy Maybelline Lash Discovery (even if it isn't dramatic it at least holds a curl, extends and isn't messy!)

rated 2 of 5 on 12/28/2008 9:40:00 PM More reviews by lovebug19

I got this mascara the other day because it looked promising and it's cheap, but as soon as I got home to try it out I realized it was a mistake. This mascara basically smells like Play-doh, and that is definitely not a scent that I want coming from a product I'm going to put on my face. This is also super clumpy and I don't feel like it lengthened my lashes, but it did make them a little thicker and it didn't flake.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/28/2008 3:55:00 AM More reviews by ttieu

this mascara is the worst mascara I have ever used. The formula is very runny and the product uncurls my eyelashes. It does not do what it says!!! I'm very dissappointed with it!