April 21, 2014 | 1897 users online

Powder - La Prairie - Cellular Treatment Foundation Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2007 5:55:00 PM More reviews by blubelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

although i'm sure this isn't the "best" powder foundation on the market, it is the best one that i've used so far, and i have tried tons.... i use this in ivoire, and it doesn't oxidize at all which is a huge plus for me... it does a pretty good job at controlling oil throughout the day as well...
i apply a sheer layer wet w/ the sponge included & then apply another layer w/ a brush & buff.... i get great results & application time is only about 5 minutes.... it can also be used for touch ups without caking...

yes, this is very expensive.... but, the quality of this powder is superb in comparison to others & since i have yet to find another powder foundation that comes close, i'll pay the price... i have used this foundation for over 2 years & although i have strayed occasionally out of either boredom or guilt, i have always regretted it & ended up coming back !

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2007 11:05:00 AM More reviews by Eolo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have a soft spot for powder foundations, the elegant compacts, the silky feel, the overall finish.

This is definitely the best compact powder foundation out there and even though it's expensive, considering the benefits it's a price I'm willing to pay.

My mother used this for years and I clearly understand why she did.

First and foremost, I ADORE the staying power and how it keeps me matte and non-glowy all day long. However, it's not something that makes you like you're not wearing anything. So if you don't like a made-up look, it's not the product for you.

Comes in beautiful silver compact with two sponges and they have great quality as well.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/23/2007 6:17:00 PM More reviews by kisa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

This is the best powder foundation on the market, in my opinion. The coverage is excellent, wears well in different climates (yes, I wear it in the middle of Mumbai heat and it still looks perfect), the colors are just right for me. I use Cameo in summer and Ivorie in winter.It is one of those rare foundations that does not have much of a yellow undertone to it, which is a welcome feature for me, as I am very fair, with pink undertones to my skin. It makes my face look like a doll face - smooth, beautiful, glowing, well-maintained. It does not excaserbate my acne and controls oil very well. Together with Shu Uemura concealers it covers the worst acne outbreaks (rare, but still), smoothes everything and even takes some of the irritation out. The compact is sleek and beautiful, it is a breeze to travel with. Ok, this is the Holy Grail. But - there is a but, after all, and the reason I took off one lippie - it is very very expensive. I do not mind spending on my makeup and this product basically saves my skin in all kinds of different situations, but I kind of cringe when I have to shell out 70 dollars for a staple product. Moreover, there is not as much product in the pan for the price they are charging. I already have a huge gaping steel "circle" in the bottom of my powder and need to re-purchase after about 5 weeks of use. I think if the price was a tad less or if there was a lot more product, I would give it 5 stars in a heartbeat. I guess I will have to save this product for special occasions and travel...

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2007 9:18:00 PM More reviews by ShanM

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this product. I use this during the day when I don't use liquid fd. I just pat it where needed, not all over. The coverage is excellent. It would be too matte for me if I used it all over. At night I will use this over my Kevin Aucoin airbrush fd if I have some areas that need just a little extra. This is usually my chin/jawline. You only need a little bit. It is by far the best powder on the market IMO.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2007 3:08:00 PM More reviews by KileyMc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Okay, well I have been on a quest for the perfect powder foundation for my oily skin with broken caps and huge pores. And I believe this is it! For me, correct application is key to a natural but flawless look. I was lucky enough to swap for this in Cameo which is perfect on me. First I put on s/s (shiseido) then primer (CdP translucent corrector) and wait,wait, wait. The I put on concealer, also CdP, on my red spots and under my eyes. I use my Fresh powder brush (best ever!!!) to first stipple this and then blend it all over. Perfect coverage. Unlike the Chanel, which can look a tad powdery and cakey, this looks satiny and sort of natural. I mean how natural can foundation really look if you need coverage? I only use a sponge around my nose and a teensy bit under my eyes to set my concealer. Otherwise it's all about the fluffy brush! Yes, it's incredibly expensive. But it is your face, right?! I'll stick with cheap shampoo and expensive makeup any day!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/26/2007 8:44:00 PM More reviews by Lena999

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

After reading the reviews I have decided to try this powder, and did not like at all. The only thing that I did like about it is the fact that it controls oil pretty well. That was the rason I bought it, but had to return it a couple days later because it is just not worth the money and was not right for my skin. When some of the previous reviews were written (I guess, a year ago or so) this powder was $10 cheaper and there was more of it in the compact. Now they changed both the price and the amount of powder in the compact (now it is standard .35 oz for $75), and the compact looks like it is your grandmother's compact. Anyway, I still decided to give it a try because I needed a powder with good oil controling properties. First of all, when I put it on my face, it set into every little line possible, so I looked ten years older. Secondly, the colour was too pink for me (I tried it in Cameo because Ivory was even more pink, and Beige was too dark for my pale skin). The strangest thing is that I am from Europe (pale skin with pink undertones), and some reviewers mentioned that the colour selection should be perfect for women from Europe. Well, I can say that it is not so. At least, not for me. The powder had to go back to Saks. I will stick with my Make up 4ever Duo powder foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2007 6:52:00 PM More reviews by clay2626

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is one very nice powder foundation. I have tried EL, Chanel, Shisheido and Shu Umera. Though I loved the Shu powder foundation my oily skin was very slick within an hour or two, even so I was on my way to buy another one when I decided to just walk by the La Prairie counter and asked about this product (as I had read the reviews on MA but felt it was just too expensive for me). Well I decided to go ahead and buy the powder and I am so glad that I did. This powder is wonderful. The price is high ($70.00) but the compact has alot of powder and you really dont use that much when you apply. I think I found my HG powder foundation.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2007 5:53:00 PM More reviews by kaloee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this in the spring of 2006 after reading the wonderful reviews here. This is my first powder foundation so I can't really say if this is the best powder fdn out there. I bought it becoz I needed a foundation to go on top of my Sofina Lucent sunscreen without interfering with the effectiveness of the sunscreen.. and I felt that liquid foundation may dilute the s/s so I decided to get a powder fdn. This powder covers very well, and you can build the coverage. 1 layer will give a sheer-light coverage and 2 layers will give a medium coverage. It goes on matte and stays matte all day!! Controls oil very well, I don't need to blot at all. THe only negative thing I have to say is that it looks very dull on me, it makes my face 'flat'.. maybe because the powder doesn't have any light-reflecting properties in it.. even when I put on a layer of Guerlain meteorites it still looks very flat on me.. It is also very very expensive, but it has tons of product. I used it everyday from April to early September and I still have 30-40% left. I don't think I'll repurchase though, I'm going to look for a powder fdn with light relfective properties that won't make me look flat.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/27/2007 4:40:00 PM More reviews by makawao

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Not so good to use as foundation unless you enjoy looking like a corpse.The finish is way to matte for my taste.However it works wonderfully as powder over liquid foundation.I use a big powder brush to apply it,the included pat is not so good.So a 3,Its horrid alone,but wonderful in tandem as a finishing powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2007 8:47:00 PM More reviews by nursecarla

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this powder alot and i usually wear it whenever i need more coverage. i wear the cameo and it blends with my skin tone.it makes my skin look fresh and poreless. the price is okay because the compact holds alot of powder, not like the shu uemura powder foundation which doesn't have that much.