La Prairie Cellular Treatment Foundation Powder

4.4

New Ingredients (Rectangular Compact): Talc, Mica, Dimethicone, Nylon-12, Zinc Stearate, Magnesium Myristate?Polymethyl Methacrylate?Squalane?Methicone?Glycoproteins, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Equisetum Arvense (Horsetail) Extract, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Beta-Glucan, Anthemis Nobilis (Chamomile) Flower Extract, Rosa Canina (Dog Rose) Extract, Calluna Vulgaris (Heather) Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Extract, Kaolin, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Silk (Serica) Powder, Water (Aqua), Propylene Glycol, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Methylparaben?Propylparaben?Fragrance (Parfum)?Benzyl Alcohol???, Linalool, Hydroxycitronellal, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Amyl Cinnamal, Hexyl Cinnamal, Evernia Furfuracea (Treemoss) Extract, Benzyl Benzoate, Geraniol, Butylphenyl Methylpropional. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Ultramarines

on 2/8/2008 1:16:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Great product! I have a sensitive and mixed skin. The texture of this foundation is very fine and it feels great on my skin (not too dry). This product gives my face a natural and matt look. I was afraid that the colour wouldn't match, Natural Beige looked very dark in the box. Happily, once applied the colour did match my yellowtoned skin.
I also use MAC NC40 sheer/pressed powder, C4 (in winter) and NC43 (in summer) Studio Fix and La Prairie Skin Caviar foundation Golden Beige.

on 2/2/2008 4:07:00 PM

I''ve tried a lot of this type of formulation, and this really is one of the very best powder foundations I've ever come across. Firstly, the colour pigments are exceptional - you get a lovely natural and neutral skin tone, which doesn't seem to have particularly noticeable pink, yellow or beige overtones - it just looks like skin! It doesn't change colour once applied, and it gives a very reasonable degree of coverage - I would rate it as medium in intensity. It doesn't look cakey and does not show up pores either. If I had one tiny criticism, it would be that it is very matt (more so than Aveda Dual Base, Smashbox Powder Foundation or Givenchy Matmate - and the Matmate is pretty matt, I have to say!). If I were the formulation chemist in charge of this product I would add a teeny weeny bit of shimmer, but leave the colour pigments and other ingredients exactly the same - after all, this brand at this price point is probably not being worn by masses of oily-skinned teenagers and doesn't need to be hugely mattifying. I, personally wear it over Shiseido luminiser to add a bit of sheen to the skin and to stop any dry flaky patches developing on the chin. Not cheap, but for La Prairie, actually one of their more affordable products. Oh - and it's a nice compact too. Stellar foundation - I would like to give 4.5, with just half a star taken off for the mattness.

on 1/26/2008 5:58:00 PM

I have to agree with the positive reviews - this is a great product! It provides light to moderate coverage on its own, and is great over a liquid foundation for those days when I need more coverage. It does leave a matte finish and is quite good for oil control. However, there is a bit of a flat finish at the end, so need to apply blush or highlighter after the powder foundation. Overall, I love this foundation, and will repurchase once I use it up (which will take months).

UPDATE: this caused me to have an allergic reaction - I think due to the heavy perfume in La Prairie's products. Had to give it away.

on 12/25/2007 10:30:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is THE best no bullshit, no oilies, no sliding off face makeup that lasts ALL day. Seriously, I am oily like you wouldn't believe it, even the famous Ultima Longwearing foundation couldn't keep me oil-free all day. However, a THIN coat of this is enough to do the trick. The finish is very matte, so you'd probably have to add some highlighter or shimmer if you don't want such a 'flat' look (if it wasn't, this would be PERFECT and I'll never look for another foundation, but alas, nothing is ever 'perfect').

I'd imagine this would be ideal for work, esp if you won't have time to keep touching up/blotting, plus the matte look keeps you looking upkempt and professional. This can be even used as a base to absorb oil since it is that good.

I would never have found this if it wasn't for the reviews!! This is definitely a new staple.

on 12/18/2007 11:17:00 PM

I love the quality and versatility of this product. I have been using this for quite some time as this gives me a flawless look, makes my pores appear finer (almost invisible at closer look). I normally have this tiny beads of sweat at my nose and my t-zone area is always shiny but this powder alone is perfect for me. This powder comes in generous amount which compensates for its price and does not need a lot in order to cover well, which is one of its charms. Maybe this is also the reason why I look made-up with this powder, not natural but rather elegantly made-up.

One note though, it seems to define my fine lines under the eyes no matter how much eye cream I use. And not refillable too. Hence, one lippy off.

EDIT: I used to have this in beige soleil, which worked quite well but became too tan for me. However, when I bought beige dore, I find that it does not blend as well as the beige soleil.

EDIT 2: Nov. 23, 2008. I bought the new packaged one. Same 14.2 grams as the old one but in a rectangular compact. Also the new one does not come with a back-up sponge but is slightly more pricey. I just wish that LP could use a refillable compact instead. I love this powder fdn to death. This is still the best powder fdn in my book. Last Friday there was a 20% sale and being a sucker, I bought Natural Beige and Sunlit Beige at the same time (can keep them for 24 months unopened). Today I wear the Natural Beige to church and I find the color a bit too brown for my complexion, I bet Sunlit Beige will be a better match next time as it has more yellow to it. However, the best thing in my opinion about this fdn is that the color blends into your complexion after 30 minutes (as long as it is not too light for you, a little darker is okay). Needless to say, Natural Beige managed to look natural on me 'though made me look a little suntanned. And when the color is not to my liking, I pound the powder until it is fine and mix a tablespoon of it with a tub of any of my loose powder (La Mer is a good choice as it is shiny). I end up with a color powder that never cake and I am without the oilies.

on 12/16/2007 5:55:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

although i'm sure this isn't the "best" powder foundation on the market, it is the best one that i've used so far, and i have tried tons.... i use this in ivoire, and it doesn't oxidize at all which is a huge plus for me... it does a pretty good job at controlling oil throughout the day as well...
i apply a sheer layer wet w/ the sponge included & then apply another layer w/ a brush & buff.... i get great results & application time is only about 5 minutes.... it can also be used for touch ups without caking...

yes, this is very expensive.... but, the quality of this powder is superb in comparison to others & since i have yet to find another powder foundation that comes close, i'll pay the price... i have used this foundation for over 2 years & although i have strayed occasionally out of either boredom or guilt, i have always regretted it & ended up coming back !

on 12/16/2007 11:05:00 AM

I have a soft spot for powder foundations, the elegant compacts, the silky feel, the overall finish.

This is definitely the best compact powder foundation out there and even though it's expensive, considering the benefits it's a price I'm willing to pay.

My mother used this for years and I clearly understand why she did.

First and foremost, I ADORE the staying power and how it keeps me matte and non-glowy all day long. However, it's not something that makes you like you're not wearing anything. So if you don't like a made-up look, it's not the product for you.

Comes in beautiful silver compact with two sponges and they have great quality as well.

on 10/23/2007 6:17:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Other, Medium

This is the best powder foundation on the market, in my opinion. The coverage is excellent, wears well in different climates (yes, I wear it in the middle of Mumbai heat and it still looks perfect), the colors are just right for me. I use Cameo in summer and Ivorie in winter.It is one of those rare foundations that does not have much of a yellow undertone to it, which is a welcome feature for me, as I am very fair, with pink undertones to my skin. It makes my face look like a doll face - smooth, beautiful, glowing, well-maintained. It does not excaserbate my acne and controls oil very well. Together with Shu Uemura concealers it covers the worst acne outbreaks (rare, but still), smoothes everything and even takes some of the irritation out. The compact is sleek and beautiful, it is a breeze to travel with. Ok, this is the Holy Grail. But - there is a but, after all, and the reason I took off one lippie - it is very very expensive. I do not mind spending on my makeup and this product basically saves my skin in all kinds of different situations, but I kind of cringe when I have to shell out 70 dollars for a staple product. Moreover, there is not as much product in the pan for the price they are charging. I already have a huge gaping steel "circle" in the bottom of my powder and need to re-purchase after about 5 weeks of use. I think if the price was a tad less or if there was a lot more product, I would give it 5 stars in a heartbeat. I guess I will have to save this product for special occasions and travel...

on 8/23/2007 9:18:00 PM

I love this product. I use this during the day when I don't use liquid fd. I just pat it where needed, not all over. The coverage is excellent. It would be too matte for me if I used it all over. At night I will use this over my Kevin Aucoin airbrush fd if I have some areas that need just a little extra. This is usually my chin/jawline. You only need a little bit. It is by far the best powder on the market IMO.

on 7/3/2007 3:08:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Okay, well I have been on a quest for the perfect powder foundation for my oily skin with broken caps and huge pores. And I believe this is it! For me, correct application is key to a natural but flawless look. I was lucky enough to swap for this in Cameo which is perfect on me. First I put on s/s (shiseido) then primer (CdP translucent corrector) and wait,wait, wait. The I put on concealer, also CdP, on my red spots and under my eyes. I use my Fresh powder brush (best ever!!!) to first stipple this and then blend it all over. Perfect coverage. Unlike the Chanel, which can look a tad powdery and cakey, this looks satiny and sort of natural. I mean how natural can foundation really look if you need coverage? I only use a sponge around my nose and a teensy bit under my eyes to set my concealer. Otherwise it's all about the fluffy brush! Yes, it's incredibly expensive. But it is your face, right?! I'll stick with cheap shampoo and expensive makeup any day!