Avon Smooth Mineral Make-up

3.3

MICA TITANIUM DIOXIDE SILICA CALCIUM PCA ZINC PCA SACCHAROMYCES/COPPER FERMENT SACCHAROMYCES/MAGNESIUM FERMENT SACCHAROMYCES/ZINC FERMENT SACCHAROMYCES/MALACHITE FERMENT SACCHAROMYCES/TOURMALINE FERMENT KAOLIN LAURYL PCA SODIUM PCA LECITHIN RETINYL PALMITATE SODIUM CHONDROITIN SULFATE TOCOPHEROL SODIUM HYALURONATE ASCORBYL PALMITATE ATELOCOLLAGEN BETA-CAROTENE TREHALOSE POLYQUATERNIUM-51 PHENYL TRIMETHICONE UREA C12-15 ALKYL BENZOATE SILICA DIMETHYL SILYLATE METHYLPARABEN IMIDAZOLIDINYL UREA PROPYLPARABEN MAY CONTAIN: IRON OXIDES BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE/CI 77163

on 2/24/2009 4:00:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

u get a huge amount in the pottle,little goes along way!
i dont use it alone tho, i like to use it as a powder over a liquid or compact foundation. works a treat
have to be sure to select the correct tone though

on 12/28/2008 5:25:00 AM

This was the first mineral makeup I had ever tried and at first I liked the coverage but later I noticed that it was clogging my pores, settling into fine lines and drying out my skin.
Then My husband mentioned to me that he could always tell when I was wearing it because he could *SMELL* it on my face. I was horrified lol.
It does give you a nice matte look but after you have it on for a while it starts to look so dull and gets dark and unnatural.
I should also add that I had to constantly reapply it because it wears off if u sweat the least little bit. Then if you do sweat it runs and leaves you with streaks on your face!
The one plus was that it did cover up flaws very well. All and all I was happy with it for a week but the problems that it brings are not worth it =(

on 11/22/2008 9:02:00 PM

Super smooth and easy to apply and the coverage is great. I love it and will be buying again!

on 11/11/2008 2:17:00 PM

This worked really well for me. I accidentally ordered one shade too light, but next time I will know. The texture was soft, no irritation, no itching, flawless porcelain look.

A suggestion: for those with application problems using mineral powders, try a large flocked sponge instead of a brush. It's so much easier and faster, makes less mess, and also easier to control how much you apply IMHO.

on 11/2/2008 3:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Bought this in the lightest color, since I am very fair. It was way too pale for me; almost white! Streaky too. I could blend it in well with the brush, but I don't like to spend lots of time on my makeup. I may return for the next color up, but I wouldn't buy again.
Editing to say that I also got this in Transparent Glow and am pretty happy with it. I use it as a powder over regular foundation, and it gives a nice glow. I would buy this particular product again, but not the other shades of mineral foundation.

on 11/2/2008 10:46:00 AM

the only good thing about this is the price.the colour is way darker than it should be, it clogged my pores and irritated my skin,and made me look like I fell into a flour barrel.I passed it on to my sister who passed it on to the bin!

on 10/26/2008 3:05:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Not Sure

I bought this bcos it was on offer when it first came out & I thought I wud give it a try! I think it was just a waste of money, I have had it for months now but havnt worn it out of the house even once!! It was obvious that I was wearing powder, which my mum noticed as soon as she saw me! It settled into my fine lines & made me look older and I'm only 21!!! It drew attention to any little bumps and blemishes I have, it doesn't make ur skin look smooth. I would not buy it again!

on 10/1/2008 10:21:00 PM

Overall, I like this product. Although it cakes easily, it does cover well.

on 8/18/2008 6:49:00 PM

Based on some of the reviews I have read on this product, I was not expecting too much when I bought it. However, I was pleasantly surprised. I was able to find a pretty good color match and the coverage and wear are good for my slightly oily combo skin. It lasts throughout the day without my having to apply any additional powder for shine. I have used BE, Lumiere, MAD, Monave, Meow, Physician's Formula and have tried countless other brands of mineral makeup and would say that the Avon holds its own to all of these. Some of the ingredients in the Avon may be objectionable to some mineral purists, but for those who are looking for something with decent coverage that won't break out their skin and don't care about the preservatives, this is a great choice.

on 8/11/2008 5:45:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I did not like this makeup at all. The shades were either to pale or too orange for me. It settled into my lines and got cakey. It also didn't go on evenly and was kind of streaky. One of the worst mineral foundations that I have tried!