August 22, 2014 | 1803 users online

Eyeliner - MAC - Liquidlast Liner - Point Black

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2011 5:52:00 PM More reviews by jdauwwg

I knovv many people hate this product because the brush and the difficulty putting it on. It is a little tricky, esp. for people not used to applying eye liner vvith a brush.
VVho is this eyeliner for?
-People that like deeep deeeeep dark black eyeliner
-People that hate vvhen their eyeliner turns up grey in flash photography.
-People vvho vvant it to be smear proof 100% and I do mean 100%!

For me, though it is tough to remove(not vvith an oil basd remover hovvever) I love this eye liner. There may be liners that are as dark as this one, but the staying povver is unmatched!
as they say, you reap vvhat you sovv. I am vvilling to deal vvith its trickery in applying(over time, it is much much easier) because the staying povver and the rich colour keeps me coming back for more.
I apply my liner very very thick as vvell and I bought this about 2 months ago and it still has some left in it, though I think it's about to run out in about one month.
I used to use fluidline by Mac, though easy to apply, I didn't like vvhen it dried out grey or the smudging.

also, I don't think even using a different brush vvould improve the difficulty because the reason its harder to apply is the formula. The formula is sticky, vvhich is vvhat makes the liner so vvaterproof.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/6/2011 6:08:00 AM More reviews by fifi13

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

The MUA was not kidding when she said you could go swimming in this. I struggle to get it off FULLSTOP. Even with eye makeup remover - It's like a tattoo. Also, like so many others, I hate the brush. I have very curly lashes which is a huge pain when trying to apply eyeliner as with this brush it ends up all over them.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/3/2011 6:16:00 PM More reviews by Teenitinytina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I like the formula but as mentioned by the other despise the brush. The brush is hard to use and once you get it on your lashes they will clump and will not be unclumped until you use makeup remover. This is the only liquid eyeliner that I had tried that does not crack on me or rub off. LASTS ALL DAY LONG NO. Is it discontinued? NOOOOOO Should have stocked up

rated 4 of 5 on 8/28/2011 12:10:00 AM More reviews by rzkit25

My eyelids are oily and almost all eyeliners smudge on my skin. I've tried several products and this is the ONLY product that doesn't smudge and stay on all day. I've gotten used to the small brush tip so it doesn't bother me but others have mentioned that they can't stand the brush and rather have felt tip liners.
Unfortunately, MAC stopped making this product :(
If you have oily lids and want clean black lines, in my opinion, this is probably the best option without paying too much. Another big plus for Liquidlast is that one bottle lasts me at least 6 months.. I wear eyeliner 6 or 7 days every week. Have yet to find a sufficient replacement.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2011 6:33:00 PM More reviews by ldordal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great eyeliner! I'm generally not a fan of liquid as I think it looks too "made up" but on my eyes which I moisturize heavily it does not budge at all! And it's pretty easy to apply- thin or thick line. Little pricey- but I have a MAC PRO card so I get a discount. Pretty good. My next HG eyeliner is the MAC Fluid Liner. You need a brush for that one.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2011 5:31:00 PM More reviews by angienmr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This eyeliner can last me the wholeday unless I wash it away. I only need to put it on in the morning and it last me until night. One time I went out and too tired and felt slept and it didn't smear at all. The price is expensive though.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2011 5:55:00 PM More reviews by ambersexton

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is the best waterproof liner there is PERIOD. I have actually washed my face and had it not come off. It's easy to make lines fine or thick and it will last like iron until you use remover to take it off. Most "waterproof" liners peel off, sometimes in a continuous strip, so therefore are less long lasting than non waterproof products. Some last but fade in color to a blue gray and just look awful. Not this stuff

Many waterproof liners that are adequate have that annoying foam tipped applicator rather than a brush. This has a decent brush in the bottle and is easy to apply for a waterproof liner although it dries quickly so you need to work rapidly because the product isn't malleable for long. Anyway that's a quality that all waterproof liners have but none are worth it but this one in my opinion

rated 4 of 5 on 8/15/2011 8:20:00 PM More reviews by prettyruby

Pros:
-It doesn't smudge or flake
-Completely waterproof
-Compact packaging
-Easily removed with oil-based eye make-up remover

Cons:
-Formula clumps shortly after opening the package; makes it difficult to get the amount of liquid you want on your brush
-Small tube and handle makes the brush difficult to maneuver

Overall, I would say that this isn't an eyeliner you would want to use everyday - it's difficult to apply, especially after it becomes goopy. However, if you want an eyeliner that won't come off when you swim or sweat, this is it. I swam all day at the lake, and the most it did was fade slightly - no flaking or racoon eyes!

I'll definitely keep buying it for times I want to look pretty while being active.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2011 11:56:00 AM More reviews by iheartchikn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

My HG of all eyeliners. I thought I would never ever have to change eyeliners again when I found this but I heard it was going to be discontinued? I really hope not!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2011 3:16:00 PM More reviews by lizaa13

I had a hard time with eyeliner because they all smeared and none of them were good enough. But then i found MAC Liquidlast, at first I hated it because I bought it in green: it was clumpy, and hard to put on and take off. But then i realized, this is just what i need, so i went and bought a black one. It was glorious! It was not clumpy like the green one and had that amazing staying power. I can wear it for two days straight, sleep in it, be in the salty harsh beach water in it, be in the heat with it, it would not budge. It almost cried yesterday when a lady at mac told be it was being discontinued. How can you do that to us MAC??? I guess I'll just have to stock up, find a good substitute (which I doubt), or just purchase from questionable online vendors. Best of luck to everyone who feels my pain.