October 30, 2014 | 1688 users online

Eyeliner - MAC - Liquidlast Liner - Point Black

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 12/10/2011 4:44:00 AM More reviews by ilovelucy7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Before I begin my review, I just want to let you guys know that I have Asian hooded eyes, which means that I do have an eyelid, but it very tiny, and not always visible, since the top of my crease covers the lid most of the time. So for any one out there, that has similar eyes to mines, this review might be more helpful than for those with different eye shapes. Now that that’s done……

I Freaking love this black liquid eyeliner!!! Before I found this eyeliner, I tried so many different eyeliners- Loreal Lineur Intense, Wet and wild Gel Eyeliner, Wet and wild H20 eyeliner, Milani eye Tech, Black Radiance, Urban Decay 24/7 pencil eyeliner, MUFE pencil Eyeliner, but not a single eyeliner would stay on my Asian eyelid for longer than 2-3 hours. I was about to give up hope on ever wearing eyeliner since all the eyeliners I have would either smudge on my eyelids or they would crease and fall out. I would rather not wear any eyeliner than to wear eyeliner and have panda eyes. So one day I decided to go to Mac and dish out 17 bucks for their liquid eyeliner in point black. I mean if all fails, go to MAC right? And I think this has to be the best makeup decision I ever made. The first time I tried this eyeliner, I didn’t like the brush applicator. It was tiny and so much harder to control than say like the Loreal Lineur Intense which has a felt tip applicator. But none of that even matters since I finally found a liquid eyeliner that would stay on my Asian eyelid. This eyeliner lasts forever. I would say it stays on for around 12 hours or more with no creasing and smudging. Sometimes, I would sleep with my eyeliner on and wake up and see that most of the eyeliner is still on my eyelid except for the tiny bit on the inner corner of my eye. This eyeliner would stay on during showers and would not melt off in high temperatures. The color of the eyeliner is super dark black and comes out in a matte black finish. Also, this eyeliner dries quickly when first applied which might be a problem for some people, but it works fine for me. This bottle of eyeliner may look small( about the size of my middle finger), but the amount of product seems to be never ending. I brought my liquid eyeliner around 6 months ago and I have been using it on and off and there is still a lot of product left in the container. To all the Asians with hooded eyelids out there who might be looking for a long wearing and smudge proof eyeliner, this is the eyeliner to get! I swear this eyeliner would stay on your eyelid forever. I know 17 bucks for an eyeliner is really expensive, but trust me it is worth it. The only complaint I have about this product is that the brush makes it harder to apply the eyeliner but I find that I could easily use a Q-tip and my Ponds makeup remover to fix my mistakes. Gotta work with what you got, you know? Also, I would give this product five stars if only the applicator was just like the slanted felt tip applicator of the Loreal Lineur Intense. But overall, I love this product for having amazing staying power and I think you would like it too. ;)

P.S. Not sure why it says discontinued in the title. Mac still sells this eyeliner online.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/2/2011 3:18:00 AM More reviews by atothemandax3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

At the moment this is my HG eyeliner! I've tried MAC fluidline in black track and by far this eyeliner beats blacktrack in my book!

Pros:
-Extremely WATERPROOF! I've always had a problem with my eyeliner smudging and flaking because I have monolids but this barely moves ALL DAY. This is the main reason why I love this product.
-Super black. I usually only apply one coat.
-Dries quickly.

Cons:
-Extremely waterproof. Some people may not like that it's so difficult to remove, but I bought MAC's tranquil eye make-up remover (although any oil remover would do) and it comes right off! However, if you get it on your lashes or make a mistake it is difficult to fix.
-Pricey. Like all MAC products. And I was surprised at how little product you actually get.
-Thick formula. Many people don't like this, but it doesn't bother me.
-Brush sucks. I use my elf angled eyeliner brush to apply it.

I know there are more cons than pros here, but the fact that it stays on so long is the main reason I love this eyeliner. If that's not something you're looking for, this eyeliner might not be for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2011 5:52:00 PM More reviews by jdauwwg

I knovv many people hate this product because the brush and the difficulty putting it on. It is a little tricky, esp. for people not used to applying eye liner vvith a brush.
VVho is this eyeliner for?
-People that like deeep deeeeep dark black eyeliner
-People that hate vvhen their eyeliner turns up grey in flash photography.
-People vvho vvant it to be smear proof 100% and I do mean 100%!

For me, though it is tough to remove(not vvith an oil basd remover hovvever) I love this eye liner. There may be liners that are as dark as this one, but the staying povver is unmatched!
as they say, you reap vvhat you sovv. I am vvilling to deal vvith its trickery in applying(over time, it is much much easier) because the staying povver and the rich colour keeps me coming back for more.
I apply my liner very very thick as vvell and I bought this about 2 months ago and it still has some left in it, though I think it's about to run out in about one month.
I used to use fluidline by Mac, though easy to apply, I didn't like vvhen it dried out grey or the smudging.

also, I don't think even using a different brush vvould improve the difficulty because the reason its harder to apply is the formula. The formula is sticky, vvhich is vvhat makes the liner so vvaterproof.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/6/2011 6:08:00 AM More reviews by fifi13

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

The MUA was not kidding when she said you could go swimming in this. I struggle to get it off FULLSTOP. Even with eye makeup remover - It's like a tattoo. Also, like so many others, I hate the brush. I have very curly lashes which is a huge pain when trying to apply eyeliner as with this brush it ends up all over them.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/3/2011 6:16:00 PM More reviews by Teenitinytina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I like the formula but as mentioned by the other despise the brush. The brush is hard to use and once you get it on your lashes they will clump and will not be unclumped until you use makeup remover. This is the only liquid eyeliner that I had tried that does not crack on me or rub off. LASTS ALL DAY LONG NO. Is it discontinued? NOOOOOO Should have stocked up

rated 4 of 5 on 8/28/2011 12:10:00 AM More reviews by rzkit25

My eyelids are oily and almost all eyeliners smudge on my skin. I've tried several products and this is the ONLY product that doesn't smudge and stay on all day. I've gotten used to the small brush tip so it doesn't bother me but others have mentioned that they can't stand the brush and rather have felt tip liners.
Unfortunately, MAC stopped making this product :(
If you have oily lids and want clean black lines, in my opinion, this is probably the best option without paying too much. Another big plus for Liquidlast is that one bottle lasts me at least 6 months.. I wear eyeliner 6 or 7 days every week. Have yet to find a sufficient replacement.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2011 6:33:00 PM More reviews by ldordal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great eyeliner! I'm generally not a fan of liquid as I think it looks too "made up" but on my eyes which I moisturize heavily it does not budge at all! And it's pretty easy to apply- thin or thick line. Little pricey- but I have a MAC PRO card so I get a discount. Pretty good. My next HG eyeliner is the MAC Fluid Liner. You need a brush for that one.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2011 5:31:00 PM More reviews by angienmr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This eyeliner can last me the wholeday unless I wash it away. I only need to put it on in the morning and it last me until night. One time I went out and too tired and felt slept and it didn't smear at all. The price is expensive though.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2011 5:55:00 PM More reviews by ambersexton

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is the best waterproof liner there is PERIOD. I have actually washed my face and had it not come off. It's easy to make lines fine or thick and it will last like iron until you use remover to take it off. Most "waterproof" liners peel off, sometimes in a continuous strip, so therefore are less long lasting than non waterproof products. Some last but fade in color to a blue gray and just look awful. Not this stuff

Many waterproof liners that are adequate have that annoying foam tipped applicator rather than a brush. This has a decent brush in the bottle and is easy to apply for a waterproof liner although it dries quickly so you need to work rapidly because the product isn't malleable for long. Anyway that's a quality that all waterproof liners have but none are worth it but this one in my opinion

rated 4 of 5 on 8/15/2011 8:20:00 PM More reviews by prettyruby

Pros:
-It doesn't smudge or flake
-Completely waterproof
-Compact packaging
-Easily removed with oil-based eye make-up remover

Cons:
-Formula clumps shortly after opening the package; makes it difficult to get the amount of liquid you want on your brush
-Small tube and handle makes the brush difficult to maneuver

Overall, I would say that this isn't an eyeliner you would want to use everyday - it's difficult to apply, especially after it becomes goopy. However, if you want an eyeliner that won't come off when you swim or sweat, this is it. I swam all day at the lake, and the most it did was fade slightly - no flaking or racoon eyes!

I'll definitely keep buying it for times I want to look pretty while being active.