April 20, 2014 | 1495 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - 188 Small Duo Fibre Face brush

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2010 8:33:00 AM More reviews by allaccessalex

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i am in love with this product because it applies my liquid foundation flawlessly! i really like the concept..now i didnt like this brush at all at first because it just looked cakey but after some practice with it i was able to get the hang of it. now i feel my foundation looks cakey with this brush when i use a sponge to apply my powder at my foundation but when i use my makeup forever hd loose powder and the kabuki that goes with it my foundation looks FLAWLESS!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2010 8:39:00 AM More reviews by drfinestgrl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this 188 brush from MAC. I mostly use it to apply my blushes (cream and powder). It works great for that purpose. I love how this brush helps sheer out really bright colored blushes. It blends into the skin flawlessly, and it's a really soft brush too.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2010 11:57:00 PM More reviews by zeppelin15

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Can't go wrong with this brush!

I love this for applying liquid foundation, blush on the apples of the cheeks, and highlight.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2010 9:15:00 PM More reviews by jennnifer1911

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I Love this brush. I use it to apply my Makeup Forever HD Foundation. I use a stipling method to apply and this smaller version of the 187 works great for me. It allows you to get closer to the eyes and around the nose than the 187. I personally prefer the 188.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2010 5:00:00 PM More reviews by chiggy5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this brush. I do not use it for liquid foundation yet, maybe in the winter I will, but for now I use it for my NARS blushes and it works great, I love how it picks up the pigment and how it applies it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2010 3:01:00 PM More reviews by Swalk88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is definitely my must have make-up brush, I just could not cope without it! I used MAC ST in NW20 and it applied it lightly and evenly. I've also tried it with MAC SF and am now using it with Smashbox HD healthy FX foundation and works just as amazingly well. It's so soft and feels very light on my skin so I don't ever apply too much. I've had it for ages now and still as good as new. Would buy it again without a second thought if I ever need to! Would recommend this to anyone regardless of the foundation used. LOVE IT!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2010 5:35:00 PM More reviews by Adriana265

This is my HG foundation brush. I first purchased the 187 but really didn't like it...so I was hesitant to try this one out. But needless to say, I really do like it. I use it to apply my MUFE face and body foundation and it applies it beautifully. Allows me to get coverage, but without having a thick layer of foundation on my face. Blends my foundation in wonderfully, feels soft, doesn't shed. It's super easy to wash aswell. I've used this for applying really pigmented blushes too, and it works very well for that.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2010 4:58:00 PM More reviews by carlylovesmakeup

This product ; OMG . i am in love with this brush . <3 . it's the best brush i have ever used . it's very soft & apply's alot of foundation in a half of a pump . it saves my money on foundation . which is what everyone needs for this economy . Revlon photo ready is a very nice foundation to use . it's my all time favorite . i am in the shade 'Shell' but , i think i might need a shade up . butt , this brush put's it on so evenly . i love it guys . please try to invest some money into it . it's expensive but , worth itt.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2010 6:58:00 AM More reviews by ladyracho

I was having problems with studio fix because i couldnt find a good brush to apply it, so i settled with using my fingers which made the foundation looked cakey and heavy! until i found the 188 that is :).... it was a toss-up between the 188 and 187 (the bigger version) but i went with the 188 because the MA at my mac counter said it was easier for applying foundation around the nose/eyes = so true! and it makes the foundation look flawless!! love it!! great brush and i use it every day!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 5/16/2010 7:47:00 PM More reviews by mimifrenzy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

It's really narrow, small, and flimsy. I have yet to figure out what to use this brush for. I sometimes pick it up if i need to blend in smaller places but that's about it. I might start using it to set the concealer under my eyes. I'll update!