January 28, 2015 | 1922 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - 188 Small Duo Fibre Face brush

rated 3 of 5 on 10/23/2010 3:14:00 PM More reviews by VOGUEx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've had this brush for over a year..and it still sheds!!! UGH. I thought it would go away, but apparently not. It's expensive..but I like how it puts my foundation on...but i hate the shedding...

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2010 5:04:00 PM More reviews by iacostamed

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Black

i bought this as a blush brush! love it!
ive also used it for concealer! works amazingly well.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2010 11:23:00 AM More reviews by camilla8

I really had high hopes for this brush considering the glowing reviews. I was looking for something to apply my liquid foundation. This works, but it takes FOREVER and you have to be oh so careful while doing it or it will streak. I'm a working mom who gets up at 4:30am to get ready for work, and I don't have that kind of time. It's just too small and I prefer a larger brush for application. That being said, even though it didn't work for foundation, I can't find another use for it either...not blush, highlighter, eyeshadow...so this brush really serves no purpose for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2010 9:55:00 AM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My stippling skills suck so I have given up using this for foundation application, but I was able to find a purpose for this brush. It makes the ideal and perfect contouring brush! Easily applies contouring powder (I use MAC's Harmony) and buffs/blends it for a natural and flawless look. This is a well built brush that washes easily and always maintains it shape.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2010 12:50:00 PM More reviews by Mathilda91

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I bought this to go with my Studio Sculpt foundation, as my regular brush didn't work, and I didn't want to splurge on 187 in case I didn't like duo fibre. But I really do! It gives such a natural but airbrushed finish to my make up. I ended up bying the 187 anyway as this is too small to apply foundation with. I use this for my extreamly pigmented blusher from Make Up Store instead, but i think it is too small even for that. I guess I'll start using it with cream blushers. Anyway, this is a really good brush! However not essential, and I will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2010 1:00:00 AM More reviews by miraj

The MAC sales lady did a demo on me using the 187 brush at first. Then she switched to this 188. I was so convinced to buy the 187 thinking that it would be less work for me having a larger stippling brush but she explained to me why she personally prefers the 188. It was because it gives focus on small details more and because it's smaller, it concentrates on every part of your face. I didn't regret listening to her though. And to think that MAC could've made more money if I bought the 187. Hehe! Up 'till now, I'm still using this everyday for applying base and foundation. The last time I went to a MAC store, they used it to blend my blush so I guess I'll be buying another one, soon.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2010 8:56:00 AM More reviews by chiodokeller

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this product. I use the large brush for applying liquid foundation. It helps the product to go on smoothly, and without any lines. The construction of the large brush is great. It's easy to hold, easy to use, and the bristles do not fall out. I wish it was a little less expensive, but all in all, A GREAT PRODUCT!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2010 8:33:00 AM More reviews by allaccessalex

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i am in love with this product because it applies my liquid foundation flawlessly! i really like the concept..now i didnt like this brush at all at first because it just looked cakey but after some practice with it i was able to get the hang of it. now i feel my foundation looks cakey with this brush when i use a sponge to apply my powder at my foundation but when i use my makeup forever hd loose powder and the kabuki that goes with it my foundation looks FLAWLESS!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2010 8:39:00 AM More reviews by drfinestgrl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this 188 brush from MAC. I mostly use it to apply my blushes (cream and powder). It works great for that purpose. I love how this brush helps sheer out really bright colored blushes. It blends into the skin flawlessly, and it's a really soft brush too.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2010 11:57:00 PM More reviews by zeppelin15

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Can't go wrong with this brush!

I love this for applying liquid foundation, blush on the apples of the cheeks, and highlight.