November 23, 2014 | 1720 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - 188 Small Duo Fibre Face brush

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2010 12:50:00 PM More reviews by Mathilda91

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I bought this to go with my Studio Sculpt foundation, as my regular brush didn't work, and I didn't want to splurge on 187 in case I didn't like duo fibre. But I really do! It gives such a natural but airbrushed finish to my make up. I ended up bying the 187 anyway as this is too small to apply foundation with. I use this for my extreamly pigmented blusher from Make Up Store instead, but i think it is too small even for that. I guess I'll start using it with cream blushers. Anyway, this is a really good brush! However not essential, and I will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2010 1:00:00 AM More reviews by miraj

The MAC sales lady did a demo on me using the 187 brush at first. Then she switched to this 188. I was so convinced to buy the 187 thinking that it would be less work for me having a larger stippling brush but she explained to me why she personally prefers the 188. It was because it gives focus on small details more and because it's smaller, it concentrates on every part of your face. I didn't regret listening to her though. And to think that MAC could've made more money if I bought the 187. Hehe! Up 'till now, I'm still using this everyday for applying base and foundation. The last time I went to a MAC store, they used it to blend my blush so I guess I'll be buying another one, soon.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2010 8:56:00 AM More reviews by chiodokeller

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this product. I use the large brush for applying liquid foundation. It helps the product to go on smoothly, and without any lines. The construction of the large brush is great. It's easy to hold, easy to use, and the bristles do not fall out. I wish it was a little less expensive, but all in all, A GREAT PRODUCT!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2010 8:33:00 AM More reviews by allaccessalex

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i am in love with this product because it applies my liquid foundation flawlessly! i really like the concept..now i didnt like this brush at all at first because it just looked cakey but after some practice with it i was able to get the hang of it. now i feel my foundation looks cakey with this brush when i use a sponge to apply my powder at my foundation but when i use my makeup forever hd loose powder and the kabuki that goes with it my foundation looks FLAWLESS!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2010 8:39:00 AM More reviews by drfinestgrl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this 188 brush from MAC. I mostly use it to apply my blushes (cream and powder). It works great for that purpose. I love how this brush helps sheer out really bright colored blushes. It blends into the skin flawlessly, and it's a really soft brush too.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2010 11:57:00 PM More reviews by zeppelin15

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Can't go wrong with this brush!

I love this for applying liquid foundation, blush on the apples of the cheeks, and highlight.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2010 9:15:00 PM More reviews by jennnifer1911

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I Love this brush. I use it to apply my Makeup Forever HD Foundation. I use a stipling method to apply and this smaller version of the 187 works great for me. It allows you to get closer to the eyes and around the nose than the 187. I personally prefer the 188.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2010 5:00:00 PM More reviews by chiggy5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this brush. I do not use it for liquid foundation yet, maybe in the winter I will, but for now I use it for my NARS blushes and it works great, I love how it picks up the pigment and how it applies it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2010 3:01:00 PM More reviews by Swalk88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is definitely my must have make-up brush, I just could not cope without it! I used MAC ST in NW20 and it applied it lightly and evenly. I've also tried it with MAC SF and am now using it with Smashbox HD healthy FX foundation and works just as amazingly well. It's so soft and feels very light on my skin so I don't ever apply too much. I've had it for ages now and still as good as new. Would buy it again without a second thought if I ever need to! Would recommend this to anyone regardless of the foundation used. LOVE IT!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2010 5:35:00 PM More reviews by Adriana265

This is my HG foundation brush. I first purchased the 187 but really didn't like it...so I was hesitant to try this one out. But needless to say, I really do like it. I use it to apply my MUFE face and body foundation and it applies it beautifully. Allows me to get coverage, but without having a thick layer of foundation on my face. Blends my foundation in wonderfully, feels soft, doesn't shed. It's super easy to wash aswell. I've used this for applying really pigmented blushes too, and it works very well for that.