October 22, 2014 | 1034 users online

Liquid - Bobbi Brown - Luminous Moisturizing Foundation

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2010 5:24:00 PM More reviews by Catarah

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Bought this last month at the Bobbi Brown counter in the Providence Place Mall. I didn't own anything of BB so I talked to the MA and she recommended this to me. I was looking for a foundation that was luminesent, dewy, but provided some coverage. I don't like matte foundations so this is perfect for me. BB's color range is "right on" in my book. Since I have yellow undertones in my skin, I find that this blends perfectly! I do have one gripe though...the packaging. Typical glass bottle with a screw cap...ugghh. Hopefully they come out with a different type of bottle..one with a pump would be a godsend. All in all, I really like this foundation, and I will continue buying it :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2010 7:11:00 AM More reviews by awht

This is the best foundation ever. Love the finish and the coverage which can be adjusted from lighter to heavier. Real Simple magazine listed it is as the best foundation for mature skin. I have tried so many and this does not accentuate lines and wrinkles. The last one I used was Lancome's renergie lifting foundation and there is no comparison. This foundation blends in well and lasts. Of course, half the battle is to find the right color. Also, I don't use too much. It covers redness without looking cakey which was a problem that I had with the Lancome. Also, my skin is looking better. It does contain skin-improving ingredients. This foundation in Beige with the Bobbi Brown bronzer in Natural lightly applied is working for me. I think it makes me look younger. I highly recommend.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 7/18/2010 4:25:00 PM More reviews by MiniHorsey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I loved the look of this foundation when I first put it on, but after 2-3 hours, I could clearly see the foundation sitting on top of my skin (esp nose area). I have combo/normal skin so this might be better suited for very dry skins or people who can be bothered using primers. Otherwise, it felt a little heavy going on, but had great coverage.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2010 7:47:00 PM More reviews by britney54

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I got a sample of this, and I loved it so much that I ordered the bottle of it. I just got the bottle of the foundation today, so I have yet to try it from the bottle. But from the sample of it, it was amazing! I got it in warm ivory and it matched my skin perfectly, blended in well, and made my skin look flawless, dewy and beautiful! Best foundation I've tried. But, this will only work for people with normal to dry skin, if you have oily skin this will not work for you, it's too moisturizing for oily skin and will probably just slide off your face. But it's great for normal/dry skin! Love it! But it's very expensive, especially since the bottle is quite small, but you don't need to use much of it, so it's okay. But yeah, those are my only complaints.. the small bottle and the very expensive price.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/29/2010 4:11:00 AM More reviews by Ladylove725

I found this foundation in my moms house and when I asked her about it she said she didn't want it and gave it to me. I was super excited because I've loved Bobbi Brown foundations in the past. When I tried it I was so bummed. The smell is awful, almost unbearable to me. The "dewy" look it gives looked more like I rubbed oil on my face, and I have fairly dry skin. It didn't cover any of my red spots so I had to use way too much concealer and powder to make it look semi normal. The one good thing I noticed though was that the color match was impeccable. I have very pale skin and have trouble finding makeup that doesn't look too orange so the porcelain color was perfect for me. I think most people could find a better foundation than this.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/23/2010 4:28:00 PM More reviews by rt83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I only had a sample of this product so can't comment on long term use. The color selection is quite good and I was sad that the foundation didn't work for me. It looked amazing for a little while after application, dewy and gorgeous, but about 3 hours later I checked my face and I could see the product floating on top of my skin (I do not have very oily skin). It did a good job of not accentuating my dry patches, but the fact that it sat on top of my skin made it a failure for me. I also believe it caused me to develop small bumps on my skin (beginnings of break outs).

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2010 10:26:00 AM More reviews by mg86

I'm really on the fence with this one - some days it works beautifully on my skin and others...not so much.

When I first got it I stippled it on with a flat top brush and that gave me a nice finish even though the color (Porcelain) was just slightly too yellow for my pale skin. So I started to mix it with Dior Icone in Transparent and thought my problems were over, but I noticed it just doesn't work that well on days when I need more coverage, especially if I apply it without primer. Now I apply it with my fingers which isn't ideal but I find it is less likely to look cakey that way.

If I happen to have exfoliated before wearing it and use my primer, my skin looks lovely, smooth, and refreshed for a good five or six hours. Anything less than that and it will settle in my dry patches - a major disappointment given the name and price of this stuff.

Other things:
1. It smells really weird - sort of damp. I don't know how else to explain it
2. The bottle is annoying as there is no dispenser and it's hard to control how much product comes out resulting in serious wastage, especially since I find it is difficult to build coverage without drying. Also you cannot see how much product is left - MAJOR pet peeve
3. On a positive note, the formula feels a little greasy but absorbs quickly into dry skin for a dewy finish, which is how it luminizes. There is no glitter or shimmer.

If you have dry or combination skin, I recommend you try this for a week or so before you buy it. I really think this would work best on people with normal or normal dull skin.

UPDATE: I've nearly finished my bottle and have decided to take two points off as I am REALLY starting to hate everything about this foundation: it's gunky, sits in dry patches, and I've noticed it oxidizes, too. It doesn't seem to matter what I do or don't use under it, most days it looks like crap, if not at first then after a couple of hours. The one positive thing I can still say about this product is that it has yet to break me out.
I will definitely be moving on to a different brand after this is finished - probably to Laura Mercier as she has better colors for ppps and hopefully better formulas.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/11/2010 2:03:00 PM More reviews by bobowitz89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this foundation because a make up artist at the BB booth put this on me and I really liked it.
I gave this foundation only 4 stars because I dont think it lasts very long and sometimes it feels a little greesy. I have sensitive and normal skin. But my gosh I found my exact color!! Warm sand. I have used Estee Lauder and Helena Rubinstein foundation before and I always had a little bit of mask and hard to put on. But I will definetly buy BB foundation again because the color is just amazing on me! No mask or anything.
And yes the packaging I didnt give full 5 because I dont like that the jar is open. I rather want a pump.
I hope you will try this on. Its really nice foundation and I will definitely buy it again or try out the skin foundation spf 15 from BB.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2010 4:19:00 AM More reviews by ashleydutta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I wouldn't call this foundation "luminous" - just greasy and heavy, whoa! I don't have oily skin, and I DO like creamy foundations, but this one was really oily, I actually felt I was putting oil on my face. I also do not mind the feel of foundation on - it makes me feel like my skin looks polished - but this was much too heavy a feel - like I was wearing stage makeup. I had to wash it off. color match in warm ivory was great though :). btw, I tried a sample of this, didn't purchase the bottle.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/5/2010 8:44:00 PM More reviews by missalfie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've used Prescriptives foundation for several years and the entire line was discontinued by EL. I've also used Clinique Dewy Smooth and unfortunately EL has discontinued the fair shade I loved and probably will discontinue the DS formula as well. So, at the suggestion of EL I tried Bobbi Brown Luminous Moisturizing. I'm very disappointed with it and I wish I had tried a sample instead of purchasing. I have dry skin and it's just Ok for that. I need good coverage and Luminous does not deliver. The shade match was just so-so. Also, I don't understand why BB adds a fragrance to this. Even if people like her foundation, they do not like the fragrance either. Lately I have stocked up on Prescriptives foundation online and probably have enough to last me at least a year, maybe two. I'll worry about finding something else later but I definitely won't buy this again.