December 21, 2014 | 1915 users online

Masks - Yogurt Mask

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2013 6:47:00 AM More reviews by sarahalden79

I love using yogurt masks! I find it gentle yet it leaves my skin so moisturized and fresh. Lately I've been into mixing full fat greek yogurt, honey and ground up oats, leave until dry and rinse off. It does wonders!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2013 1:37:00 AM More reviews by FaceofMaleah

Eh...not really a fan of yogurt masks. I find that it leaves my skin feeling super nice for about...10 minutes and then its like I never even used it. I have tried greek yogurt, regular yogurt, fat free, not fat free and I find that there is literally no difference. Maybe it just doesn't help because I have super dry skin but not really digging it!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2013 4:31:00 AM More reviews by risathompson

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

When my friend asked me what is my beauty secret, I was reluctant to share that it's yogurt. Yup, not some fancy-pantsy product you find the department store, or some exotic concoction hail from Asia, but it's just the simple run-of-the-mill yogurt. Yogurt has lactic acid which is a mild form of aha. Since i'm too chicken to try real aha, i figure yogurt should be gentle and effective enough, and it is. I use the full-fat yogurt and add in some rice flour (for extra mild exfoliating action) or ground oatmeal to make the yogurt paste thick enough. Other time, i use greek yogurt that already has a thick consistency. I generous slab it on with my plastic brush evenly and thick. Do something else for 30 minutes while letting the magic happen. What prevail is brighter, glowing complexion. Now all my girlfriends/ housemates are addicted to doing the yogurt mask so we always have yogurt mask session together every couple days.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2013 8:40:00 PM More reviews by maggi27

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have acne prone skin with slightly enlarged pores in my t-zone, and a plain yoghurt mask does wonders for my face. I use the plain low fat variety and apply one teaspoon. Keeping it on for an hour has the desired effects of calming inflammation, gently exfoliating acne (lactic acid) and plumping tired skin.

You can put it on zits/pimples for extended periods of time and it will bring the blemish to a head for sure, while minimizing scarring.

I now use this mask in conjunction with other cleansing/moisturizing treatments, maybe once or twice a week. Works well on my hair too, strengthening and straightening my wavy, frizz-prone hair (15 mins will do the trick).

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2013 4:13:00 PM More reviews by laureg

I've been mixing plain Greek yogurt with powdered white clay and using that as a mask (one tbsp. yougurt to one tsp. white clay, applied in a very thick layer and leave on for 1/2 hour or more). It gives great results- hydrated, glowy skin with fewer imperfections. I've also found that this helps calm any inflammation, red or weather affected skin, pimples, etc. Sometimes I'll also throw in a few uncoated aspirins, which I've noticed works very well to keep blackheads in check. Using this mask 1-2 times per week has made a nice difference in the condition of my skin this winter, and I'm pleasantly surprised. I'll continue to mix this up as a mask, the results have been great.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2012 2:20:00 AM More reviews by elin22

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I do yoghurt masks all the time and find them to be mild but effective. My skin is combination and sensitive and yoghurt seems to moisturise my skin while simultaneously reducing pimples and pores.

I use Greek yoghurt as it is thicker and easier to apply and won't drip off as easily. It is also more moisturising. I like to leave it on until it's mostly dry. Sometimes I'll leave it on for more than an hour. My skin is sometimes a little red afterwards, but soon becomes soft and glowing.

Sometimes I'll mix other things in with the yoghurt such as honey, cacao, green tea leaves and lemon juice.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2012 7:29:00 AM More reviews by safora

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really love yogurt masks, my skin always feels soft and radiant after!!

I also like to use this with an apple cidre vinagre mask to make my skin look shiney new!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2012 7:24:00 AM More reviews by cathyz123

i've heard so many great things about yogurt as a natural, effective facial mask so i finally decided to give it a go, especially since i've been trying more and more natural skincare e.g. using essential oils, oatmeal etc. instead of commercial skincare. i have read a few theories about different yogurt types e.g. fat or non-fat for different skin types but since i only had nonfat at the time, i figured i'd try it anyway. it works great! it leaves me skin so smooth and hydrated and my complexion is clear and bright and my pores are minimised. i would highly recommend using a good moisturiser afterwards regardless of whether you have oily or dry skin, and i'm keen to try using full fat yogurt and mixing it with oatmeal and honey and whatnot for future masks. what a great skin remedy!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2012 3:18:00 AM More reviews by Beloreana

I use a plain full-fat yogurt and rice flour mask on my face daily. It keeps my skin soft, supple and bright. I do let it stay on until it dries and tightens, and then I take it off with a warm towel.

I noticed a lot of people complaining of dryness after using yogurt. If you let the mask dry, after you take it off you have to moisturize with something. The yogurt has lactic acid which is an alpha hydroxy acid. It will slouch off dead skin cells and expose a fresh layer of skin that is prone to drying. That is why moisturizing is very important.

I will use yogurt on a sunburn too, it sometimes takes the redness out, but I don't let it get to the point where it dries.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 12/18/2012 10:36:00 PM More reviews by jaci2017

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Overall this just didn't do very much for my skin. It made my skin feel hydrated right after washing of the mask but them ten minutes later my skin would be dryer than before using the mask. I was hoping this would help my acne but it didn't have any effect on that. The only thing this did was make my skin a little smoother but I would rather use a scrub that had moisturizing properties to make my skin smooth.