Avon Anew Clinical Advanced Retexturizing Peel

WATER/EAU, AMMONIUM GLYCOLATE, GLYCOLIC ACID, SD ALCOHOL 40-B, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, DIMETHICONE COPOLYOL, GLYCERIN, CORALLINA OFFICINALIS EXTRACT, TRITICUM VULGARE (WHEAT) GERM EXTRACT, LENTINUS EDODES EXTRACT, HYDROLYZED ULVA LACTUCA EXTRACT, BIOSACCHARIDE GUM-1, ALGAE EXTRACT, CAMELLIA OLEIFERA LEAF EXTRACT, HONEY/MIEL, ANANAS SATIVUS (PINEAPPLE) FRUIT EXTRACT, CARICA PAPAYA (PAPAYA) FRUIT EXTRACT, CUCUMIS SATIVUS (CUCUMBER) FRUIT EXTRACT, CHAMOMILLA RECUTITA (MATRICARIA) FLOWER EXTRACT, ALOE BARBADENSIS LEAF JUICE, DISODIUM EDTA, BENZOPHENONE-4, BENZOPHENONE-9. 10/10/09

Hmmm, still trying to decide if I like this. I've been using it for nearly a month, every other day, without noticeable results. I can't say my pores look more refined or my skin is breaking out less. The pimples I have had don't really disappear more quickly than usual either. On the other hand, it seems very gentle on skin. No major redness, overdrying, etc. According to my dermatologist, glycolic products are great to start using at my age (27) to help skin age well over time, so maybe I'll keep using this as a preventative treatment. The nice thing about this product is that it lasts for a while. 30 pads and I use 2-3 times a week, so it is taking me a while to get through it, which is great considering the price.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I just started using this product.
I bought it because so many people were raving about it on here. :o)
I am still in debate about this product. I have been using it for 2 weeks now ... and there is a slight change. I have noticed that certain blemishes I had are some what fading away. And, if you have a break out just swipe it with the little round pad and the next day it will either disappear or make it less noticable.

The only negative aspect would be that it some what tingles when I apply it and the tingling does last a few minutes afterwards. The jar does say that there will be tingling. Another negative would be that if I use this product I will NOT apply my night/eye creams. I noticed that my Origins creams do not mix with this product.

Overall it is some what okay ... but I do not think I would buy it again because of that tingling sensation. I have uber sensative skin so that could be why it seems to tingle a little to much for my face.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

If there was any way that Avon would make this without alcohol I'd give it five lippies. I find it just a tad harsh even though it's effective. I've cut down my usage from 3x a week down to 2 and that's helped. PLEASE use your sunblock with this, just a reminder. I use a thick moisturizer after this with some Clarins Santal oil mixed in and that combats the dryness pretty well. It will make your skin look more radiant, that's true. For some people once a week will be enough.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

The is my 2nd favorite exfoliant ever. 1) you can buy them at $15 each and just buy 2 at a time. Avon has it on sale often enough that IVE NEVER paid more than $15 for this product. 2) avon packaging is not known for its anti contamination properties so im SUPER careful removing each pad. 3) Do not use immediately after any waxing or hair removal as may cause redness even with my SO NOT SENSITIVE skin. any questions just ask.

These are great! I can't use manual scrubs on my face because my skin is too sensitive. I've tried other peels and so far I'd say these have worked the best. They definitely make my skin feel smoother and have helped with break outs. If I see a pimple forming and I use these it's gone the next morning. They can be drying though so I use them every third night and follow with a heavier moisturizer. Also, the product can take a while to dry so I just rub it in and that seems to do the trick. I don't think the price is that bad for these but I've been buying them off of ebay for a lot cheaper.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

i've been using these pads for a month now (every other day as directed on the box)...and i can see considerable improvement in my skin texture....and my face has a nice healthy glow. i feel like it keeps my acne under control as well....will definitely repurchase..in fact am planning to stock up on this one!!!
EDIT 07/27:-....my skin has gotten used to this after a couple of months....no more improvement in skin texture:(:(....but am planning on giving it a break and getting back.
EDIT 03/25/2010: ...have just started on MUAC's 40% glycolic peel....will do a review soon.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I couldn't believe my eyes, my skin actually smoothen and brighten just after 5 application! I have mild acne with deep dark acne scars and it has deminished. My acne scars is now even and has lighten. Great product I would recommend this over expensive products that doesn't deliver good results as this. I use this every other night. First I thought this felt sticky but when I wake up in the morning my skin glows. My face has never been this good I promise. I exfoliate regularly but the result doesn't come close to this. =)

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Great price for such a great product. I can't stress enough how important regular exfoliation is for your skincare routine. Using these pads twice a week will allow your expensive serums & lotions to be more effective. Does a great job! This is a chemical exfoliant so it works on your skin from the inside out. Best used at night and make sure you use an SPF in the morning when using this product and any exfoliant.

Some reviewers mentioned they were upset because it didn't get rid of their dark spots. For difficult pigmentation, you should see a dermatologist or aesthetician. No over the counter product will make a huge impact on those dark spots.

I discovered this because I had to switch my exfoliation product after becoming pregnant. Glycolic Acid (the active ingredient in the peel pads) is safe during pregnancy.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Works fine for wat its suposed to do. I contacted avon and found out the glycolic acid is 10% so its the same strength as ddf glycolic acid 10% toner so this is a good equivalent product but its expensive because you only get 30 pads and with the ddf large bottle even thought its 35$ you get alot! And at only 10$ more then avon its basically a steal next to avon.

I ordered this after reading a review in allure. I am a long time glycolic peel girl and am used to paying the $500 for 6 once a week sessions, twice a year. After using this every other day before bed for a month I can honestly say the results are EXACTLY the same as my pricey peels at the aestheticians office. I am now going to use this all year instead of the in-office peels. My face is so smooth and clear, it got rid of all my winter dull skin build up and impurities and my face looks brand new. LOVE this stuff!!

Popular Face Skincare Products