Avon Anew Clinical Advanced Retexturizing Peel

3.9

WATER/EAU, AMMONIUM GLYCOLATE, GLYCOLIC ACID, SD ALCOHOL 40-B, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, DIMETHICONE COPOLYOL, GLYCERIN, CORALLINA OFFICINALIS EXTRACT, TRITICUM VULGARE (WHEAT) GERM EXTRACT, LENTINUS EDODES EXTRACT, HYDROLYZED ULVA LACTUCA EXTRACT, BIOSACCHARIDE GUM-1, ALGAE EXTRACT, CAMELLIA OLEIFERA LEAF EXTRACT, HONEY/MIEL, ANANAS SATIVUS (PINEAPPLE) FRUIT EXTRACT, CARICA PAPAYA (PAPAYA) FRUIT EXTRACT, CUCUMIS SATIVUS (CUCUMBER) FRUIT EXTRACT, CHAMOMILLA RECUTITA (MATRICARIA) FLOWER EXTRACT, ALOE BARBADENSIS LEAF JUICE, DISODIUM EDTA, BENZOPHENONE-4, BENZOPHENONE-9. 10/10/09

on 4/13/2009 7:29:00 PM

These are great! I can't use manual scrubs on my face because my skin is too sensitive. I've tried other peels and so far I'd say these have worked the best. They definitely make my skin feel smoother and have helped with break outs. If I see a pimple forming and I use these it's gone the next morning. They can be drying though so I use them every third night and follow with a heavier moisturizer. Also, the product can take a while to dry so I just rub it in and that seems to do the trick. I don't think the price is that bad for these but I've been buying them off of ebay for a lot cheaper.

on 4/4/2009 10:35:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

i've been using these pads for a month now (every other day as directed on the box)...and i can see considerable improvement in my skin texture....and my face has a nice healthy glow. i feel like it keeps my acne under control as well....will definitely repurchase..in fact am planning to stock up on this one!!!
EDIT 07/27:-....my skin has gotten used to this after a couple of months....no more improvement in skin texture:(:(....but am planning on giving it a break and getting back.
EDIT 03/25/2010: ...have just started on MUAC's 40% glycolic peel....will do a review soon.

on 4/4/2009 4:03:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I couldn't believe my eyes, my skin actually smoothen and brighten just after 5 application! I have mild acne with deep dark acne scars and it has deminished. My acne scars is now even and has lighten. Great product I would recommend this over expensive products that doesn't deliver good results as this. I use this every other night. First I thought this felt sticky but when I wake up in the morning my skin glows. My face has never been this good I promise. I exfoliate regularly but the result doesn't come close to this. =)

on 3/30/2009 12:48:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Great price for such a great product. I can't stress enough how important regular exfoliation is for your skincare routine. Using these pads twice a week will allow your expensive serums & lotions to be more effective. Does a great job! This is a chemical exfoliant so it works on your skin from the inside out. Best used at night and make sure you use an SPF in the morning when using this product and any exfoliant.

Some reviewers mentioned they were upset because it didn't get rid of their dark spots. For difficult pigmentation, you should see a dermatologist or aesthetician. No over the counter product will make a huge impact on those dark spots.

I discovered this because I had to switch my exfoliation product after becoming pregnant. Glycolic Acid (the active ingredient in the peel pads) is safe during pregnancy.

on 3/22/2009 3:59:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Works fine for wat its suposed to do. I contacted avon and found out the glycolic acid is 10% so its the same strength as ddf glycolic acid 10% toner so this is a good equivalent product but its expensive because you only get 30 pads and with the ddf large bottle even thought its 35$ you get alot! And at only 10$ more then avon its basically a steal next to avon.

on 3/21/2009 3:19:00 PM

I ordered this after reading a review in allure. I am a long time glycolic peel girl and am used to paying the $500 for 6 once a week sessions, twice a year. After using this every other day before bed for a month I can honestly say the results are EXACTLY the same as my pricey peels at the aestheticians office. I am now going to use this all year instead of the in-office peels. My face is so smooth and clear, it got rid of all my winter dull skin build up and impurities and my face looks brand new. LOVE this stuff!!

on 3/16/2009 1:07:00 PM

I've used quite a lot of AHA products. This one is at the bottom. It doesn't fade the scars and leaves a greasy film on my skin. It does not sink into my skin like it should. I think it has something to do with the pH level. It's not balanced so it's not very effective. The most effective AHA product i've used that made miracle to my skin is AHA+ lotion from acne.org. Good stuff! Avon pads, on the other hand, did nothing, so i don't think i will even be finishing up the tub. Waste of $$$.

WOW! I love this stuff! I just received it in the mail a few days ago, and already I'm noticing a HUGE difference! I cleanse my face in the shower, use one pad, then moisturize every other day. The first day I noticed that my usually irritated, red skin (from the hot steam water) was fresh & clean looking!

I got a bad pimple from my new birth control, and NOTHING would get rid of it. 2 minutes after using the pad, my pimple was less inflamed and hardly noticeable. Amazing! I bought it off of Ebay for $10, and this is worth $30!

Definite buy again! :D

on 2/23/2009 7:42:00 PM

I had dry patches and this only made this worse. My skin is still trying to recover from this product.

on 2/17/2009 4:01:00 PM

Decent product, I used it like a toner, but it didn't do what I was hoping it would. I was still left with flakes of skin after using this, I whas hoping for soemthing that would remove layers of dead skin. I also didn't see a real change after using it for a couple months.

Popular Face Skincare Products