July 29, 2014 | 1637 users online

Eye Shadow - Revlon - Illuminance Creme Shadow Quad

rated 2 of 5 on 7/24/2010 12:29:00 AM More reviews by NBtech

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this in wild orchids and seashells. I thought that these cream shadows would be great as bases or just eyeshadows when I'm in a rush. The lighter colors in the wild orchids and all of the colors in the seashells turned to shimmer and no color when I applied them to my lids. When I tried to apply the shadows so that the color showed up, it would be extremely thick which invites creasing. These shadows crease on me very quickly and fade throughout the day. You really need a good eyeshadow base beneath to reduce creasing. I've used better cream eyeshadows.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/19/2010 6:00:00 PM More reviews by Steffachino

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I think the main problem I have with this is application. I own Black Magic, Skinlights and Wild Orchids. (40% off sale, plus $4 rebate when spending $10) The obvious way is going in with your finger--so that's what I do. I pat it on my eye and it's uneven, so I blend it out and the color is gone. Not on my finger, not on my face. It's just...gone, and all there is left is sparkle. I've also tried a concealer brush and got similar results.
I bought these for an easy wash of color on my lids. For high school I thought these would be perfect. Packaging (I have the new, slimmer one) would've allowed me to put it in my bag easily for touchups. And I thought in the morning I could have a super easy application, swipe it on and go. But you have to be pretty precise, and I'm not sure if I'll be functioning properly in the morning. :)
As a base these are okay, although I still would use a primer.
Overall, I would not repurchase, even if they were on sale of BOGO. I don't need to spend more money on something I'm iffy about.
OH, and if you are someone who'd like to try them, try Wild Orchids, the colors are beautiful, especially on brown/hazel eyes.
I like the Wet 'n Wild cream Shadow Pencils more, and those are a fraction of the cost. ($6.50 vs $1.99-2.99)

rated 2 of 5 on 7/16/2010 5:27:00 PM More reviews by caroe7

I bought the pink one a long time ago but have only used it a couple of times because I have problems with it creasing really bad. Despite the fact that I don't really have oily eyelids and that I always use eyeshadow primer, it always turns into a jumbled greasy mess within an hour that ends up dissolving after a few hours. It's such a shame because they're really beautiful colors that I can apply and blend easily. It looks so good right after I apply it, if only it would just stay that way :/

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2010 11:10:00 PM More reviews by Brina17

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have normal skin so this works just fine on me. I have used it with and without a base. It does crease if you try to put too much on. It lasted much better with a base. The colors are gorgeous. I see they don't make the pink quad anymore but I loved that one. I even put one of the colors on my lips.

I either apply them with my ring finger or a concealer brush for a more precise application.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2010 11:17:00 AM More reviews by sallysellsseashells

Colors are all very pretty in these palettes. But, creases like crazy! I have a hard time dealing w/ my oily lids and topping this on them made them worse. The e/s looks perfect once applied, but go out on a hot humid day for a few hours and boy what a mess my lids were. I threw them away, wasn't for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/24/2010 6:36:00 PM More reviews by enin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I've got 3 palletes of these cream eyeshadows. I use them as a base,but I wouldn't recommend it using by itself. It creases if you use it alone and it just fades through out the day. The packaging for me is soo soo... I would like it better if it comes with an applicator... I don't think I would buy it again...

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2010 6:30:00 AM More reviews by makeupdivaamee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Very nice creme eyshadow!!
this is my first creme ey shadow and i am very much impressed with Revlon's creme eye shadow.
I have Copper Coast palette, and there are dull white, Light Copper, Peach and Dark Brown colors in my pallete. all the colors look very natural. The texture is very smooth and the shadow glides very well. The lasting power is also very good and lasts upto almost whole day.
it would have been best if they would have provide applicator and the case's plastic is also of cheap quality.
but these negative points can be ignored :)
I definatley recomend this product..

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2010 8:40:00 AM More reviews by aphoticandi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

As with most cream eyeshadows... specifically those from pharmacies.. I knew this was going to be sheer and crease if not set with a powder... With that said, I set out to purchase this as a sort of eyeshadow base to intensify eyeshadow powders that are put on top. For that.. it works very well. I bought a few pallets in various colors and when used with a primer underneath, and a powdered color on top to set it can and does make color pop. The two pallets I have are shimmery, so they give a depth when I add a matte color on top.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2010 10:01:00 AM More reviews by PolkaDotGlam

Colors, packaging and price are all good BUT even with a primer underneath, I get creasing and the colors don't look good beyond 3-4 hours of wear. My lids aren't even that oily usually either.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2010 2:46:00 PM More reviews by tessture

Works for me, but I don't have oily lids, so it doesn't seem to crease as much. I also wear my shadow fairly sheer anyway, so I'm thinking this creme is best if you don't want strong color. Works well for sheer and makes an okay base, though I prefer E.LF.'s creme shadows as base.