NARS Highlighting Blush Powder in Albatross

4.4

I absolutely love this highlighter, allthough it's very visible on the skin. If you're looking for an subtle highlighter, I don't think you would really like Albatross. On the other hand; if you're looking for an extroardinary glow and highlighter that will really create those Kim Kardashian cheekbones, Albatross is perfect for you! It's golden/yellow tones are perfect for any skintype, allthough I think this highlighter is even more beautifull on a olive/caramel skin tone! This really is my alltime favourite highlighter.

I like to use it on my cheekbones, inner corner of my eyes and right underneath my brows, to create that celebrity glam look! Look no further, I can't imagine anyone who wouldn't like Albatross.

It's too bad NARS is very expensive here in Europe and unfortunatly not in stores available in Holland. So every time I'm in a city like Paris I buy myself some Nars luxury goodies :).

This highlighter is perfect for:
-Someone who really likes a polished/golden look.
-Someone who likes a visible highlighter.

This highlighter is not so perfect for:
-Someone who's just looking for a very subtle highlighter.
-Someone who likes more silver-looking highlighter instead of gold

on 10/30/2013 6:36:00 AM

Absolutely LOVE this highlighter. Albatross is my favourite by far. The texture is gorgeous and the best way I could describe the pigment is strong but opaque. You only need a tiny bit on your brush to transfer to your face and it gives a really beautiful healthy shimmer making your cheek bones look sky high. If I am doing a heavier makeup I also like to apply this very lightly down my t-zone. I can't emphasise LIGHTLY enough as I notice a lot of girls tend to apply way too much highlighter defeating the purpose of having a natural and glowing finish!

The price for NARS products are expensive but I've had my Albatross for AGES and still have heaps left after using it almost every day.
I absolutely love NARS packaging except for the fact that the cases do tend to pick up smears quite easily - e.g. if I've just done my foundation and have excess on my fingers it's hard to clean off NARS casing.

on 10/28/2013 9:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Glamorous blush, I love this. Ive written a review on their blushes and i dont like them their lasting power sucks. Although their highlighter is so nice!, its a yellow tone with suttle gold shimmer. Its so nice for nighttime because it looks so dewy. I havnt had one problem with it and i would recommend it for all skin tones.

on 10/22/2013 6:38:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I am in love with this highlighter! I tried the E.L.F. dupe and swatched the Sephora dupe and neither compare to the real thing. It is a soft focus golden light. Blends like a dream. Makes a great eyeshadow for neutral makeup days too. Worth every penny. I dont know how you would ever run out. If your on the fence, I suggest you get it. The hype was right!

on 9/26/2013 10:00:00 AM

Love love love love love this product! I love highlighters and spent so much money going through so many different brands and colors until I finally found THE ONE! It gives my face the perfect glow and I Love love love it! Can't say I love it enough! Best highligter I have ever purchased!

on 9/17/2013 4:09:00 PM

I resisted buying this because I just didnt believe I would love it any more than other highlighters that I own. Well, I was wrong about that. I have only had this for about a week and I have not used any other highlighter since. It just gives the skin that extra glow without being like a disco ball fell on your face. That being said if you are the queen of matte finishes, you might not be into this. However, if you only like matte finishes, then I doubt you would like any highlighters.

on 8/22/2013 1:23:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Love all the NARS products I own.
CLEANING NARS COMPACTS
I don't know where else to add this but the way I keep my NARS compact is take the tiniest dab of baby oil on a tissue and wipe compact in one direction. It comes out beautifully clean and it is not greasy afterwards and looks like new

on 8/21/2013 3:25:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I didn't know what the hype was with Albatross but when I put it on my cheeks I now know why. This stuff makes your face glow in a good way! I use another blush underneath then put this on top, and I also use this to highlight other parts of my face. It's pricy but you only need to use a bit which makes it worth the money, imho. Like the other Nars blush packaging I find the rubber gets sticky after a while. (And I don't do anything special with it.) Other than that, two thumbs up!

on 8/19/2013 12:48:00 AM

Good hilighter for nc 40.

on 8/13/2013 9:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I'm surprised to see good reviews for this product. Perhaps it is just my skin? This has a tendency to accentuate pores and imperfections. I have have much better results with other brands such as Hourglass, Dior, and Urban Decay. I will not repurchase.

Top Rated NARS Products