MAC Viva Glam VI

4.3

on 10/19/2008 10:51:00 PM

I LOVE this shade! I was looking for a lipstick to just enhance my natural lipcolor. I found a couple of the other Viva Glam shades to be either too pale or too dark/bright. But this one is perfect. You can put it on lightly to just enhance your own lipcolor, or put it on a little heavier for a darker shade. I didn't even know it had shimmer in it until I read it on here. So don't let the "lustre" or talk of shimmer scare you away. Oh, another plus is that it doesn't dry out my lips. The staying power isn't fabulous, but I'm still very pleased.

on 10/18/2008 12:30:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

THIS, along with my Viva Glam V, is my NEW HG LIP STICK!! I am so thankful for my MAC MA who told me that V & VI were great natural lip stick colors, and I loved how they looked on her hand (she swatched it on the back of her hand), so I bought both of them.

This lip stick goes on so smoothly, more so than the VG V, and while it looks very dark in the box, it goes on nicely with a lip brush. It is not sticky, unlike MAC's Lip Glasses, and stays on for a good amount of time. The color is just a tad darker than my normal lip color and I look so sophisticated with no eye make up and only this lip stick! I am overjoyed with helping out those with HIV/AIDS while enjoying this lip stick all the same!

EDIT: Moved from 5 to 4 lippies. This lip stick makes me look like I'm wearing red lip stick. Granted that this was the effect it had on me when I was in a party and where there was a lot of flash in a rather dark background. I don't like wearing red lippies, so I won't repurchase this again, sad to say.

on 9/24/2008 9:30:00 PM

This is exactly what I wanted MAC 'O' to be like. Viva Glam VI is a sheer warm berry that can be made more red or more plum or rose depending on how you wear it. It looks great on it's own, with liner and with gloss. It's definately warm though, so I do have to be careful what blush I pair it with. Plumfoolery is a good match but so are NARS Outlaw, Oasis, and Lovejoy. This lustre lipstick also has a much smoother texture than most. This is now my favourite product out of the Viva Glam line.

on 9/24/2008 12:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This is my go-to, don't-even-need-to-look-in-the-mirror MLBB everyday shade. I'm pale, warm and muted (NC15, etc., etc.) but with pigmented lips and this gives them sheen and even tone and a wee bit of oomph and manages to go with everything I own. YMMV. I take one lippie off for the poor wear -- but then, I can reapply without looking in the mirror, so it's not like I suffer. I would adore this if it came in Amplified Creme or even a matte formula. Until then, I keep tubes in my purse, in every bathroom, and so on.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really really REALLY love the color of this... the l/s itself goes on smooth, not too drying- but it has no staying power! The first time I had to reapply I figured it was because I ate, but not even an hour later (sans food, drink, or kissing :D), it was pretty much completely gone again. :( This is the first MAC l/s I've tried, so I can't really compare it to their other lipsticks. Beautiful color; I just feel like, for the price, it should last longer on my lips.

on 6/22/2008 5:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I've finally figured out that I just don't care for the MAC "Lustre" lipsticks. They just seem to slide right off my lips even if I powder first, line, etc. This color is beautiful, but it just doesn't last. I prefer the Frosts and the Satins.

on 6/18/2008 9:08:00 PM

I'm also not a lipstick fan... I'm much more of a lip gloss kind of gal, but I needed something a little more sophisticated and darker for my wedding last year. My MUA recommended VGVI l/s and after I tried it, it was love at (almost) first sight.

This is a beautiful, pinkish mauve-y neutral that is super flattering on my NW20 lips. It's neutral enough that I could see this working on a variety of skintones, but does have a coolish hint to it. It's a shade that lends itself well to either polished or casual looks.

The texture is nice too--it glides on, either over bare lips or over a lipliner, and it smells nice. The lasting power isn't bad... it lasts about 2-3 hours on me w/o retouching. (I think I touched it up only once at the wedding, despite eating/drinking/kissing for hours).

I love how MAC donates the profits to charity. That's the icing on the cake. Major kudos to MAC for making a product that delivers for a good cause.

Love this. I lost my first tube and had to get another one, because I missed it... and this is coming from a non-lipstick gal! Definite repurchase.

on 6/16/2008 7:01:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

My go-to YLBB shade. A little understated but perfect for everyday.

on 5/27/2008 4:31:00 PM

Great color, nice plummy/pink that is neutral but not too brown, not too pink. Matches my lips yet adds a little pop of color. Smells nice.

on 5/2/2008 7:39:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Absolutely beautiful color. The formula is moisturizing and has this fabulous chocolate/vanilla scent that is positively addictive. Totally concur with the previous poster who wondered why it took her so long to get on the Viva Glam bandwagon. A very carefully thought out line.

Popular Lipsticks