April 18, 2014 | 2032 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Viva Glam VI

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 7/30/2008 11:12:00 AM More reviews by hiigherlearning

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really really REALLY love the color of this... the l/s itself goes on smooth, not too drying- but it has no staying power! The first time I had to reapply I figured it was because I ate, but not even an hour later (sans food, drink, or kissing :D), it was pretty much completely gone again. :( This is the first MAC l/s I've tried, so I can't really compare it to their other lipsticks. Beautiful color; I just feel like, for the price, it should last longer on my lips.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/22/2008 5:43:00 PM More reviews by bonkymommy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've finally figured out that I just don't care for the MAC "Lustre" lipsticks. They just seem to slide right off my lips even if I powder first, line, etc. This color is beautiful, but it just doesn't last. I prefer the Frosts and the Satins.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2008 9:08:00 PM More reviews by CoonieR

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm also not a lipstick fan... I'm much more of a lip gloss kind of gal, but I needed something a little more sophisticated and darker for my wedding last year. My MUA recommended VGVI l/s and after I tried it, it was love at (almost) first sight.

This is a beautiful, pinkish mauve-y neutral that is super flattering on my NW20 lips. It's neutral enough that I could see this working on a variety of skintones, but does have a coolish hint to it. It's a shade that lends itself well to either polished or casual looks.

The texture is nice too--it glides on, either over bare lips or over a lipliner, and it smells nice. The lasting power isn't bad... it lasts about 2-3 hours on me w/o retouching. (I think I touched it up only once at the wedding, despite eating/drinking/kissing for hours).

I love how MAC donates the profits to charity. That's the icing on the cake. Major kudos to MAC for making a product that delivers for a good cause.

Love this. I lost my first tube and had to get another one, because I missed it... and this is coming from a non-lipstick gal! Definite repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2008 7:01:00 PM More reviews by sashimigirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

My go-to YLBB shade. A little understated but perfect for everyday.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2008 4:31:00 PM More reviews by lw01

Great color, nice plummy/pink that is neutral but not too brown, not too pink. Matches my lips yet adds a little pop of color. Smells nice.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2008 7:39:00 PM More reviews by sakecat22

Absolutely beautiful color. The formula is moisturizing and has this fabulous chocolate/vanilla scent that is positively addictive. Totally concur with the previous poster who wondered why it took her so long to get on the Viva Glam bandwagon. A very carefully thought out line.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2008 4:41:00 AM More reviews by pammo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I can't believe I waited so long to jump onto the Viva Glam bandwagon. Viva Glam VI shows up a beautifully blended plum-brown red. I also feared that it would be too frosty, but I can't even tell that there are shimmers. The formula/texture isn't too drying and lasts for 2+ hours. I noticed that after a while, it wears down to a redder shade than what was applied, but still very wearable. Love Viva Glam VI for an understated, yet stunning, red! =)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2008 8:36:00 PM More reviews by JeneenL

My favorite lip color of all time! I love to wear w/ the lipglass. It goes with everything and lasts a long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2008 3:24:00 PM More reviews by jennybee71

I have used this for some time, and find it to be my favorite of all the Viva Glam colors. It's got enough red it in to pack a punch, but it's softened w/ plum/terracotta/brown/pink undertones -- sounds crazy, but it's a beautiful concoction! I especially love wearing this with only minimal other makeup since the color is really a standout. I wore MAC 3D for years and found this to be a nice change from that but still sort of in the same family. How nice, too, that the proceeds go toward a cure for HIV -- definitely a re-purchase for me!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2008 11:01:00 PM More reviews by asian_vixen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am not a lipstick fan, i prefer wearing gloss over my lips because lipsticks can leave my lips dry. the i only lipstick i use is clinique black honey. for some reason, this one caught my eye and it looked plummy brown on the tube but it applies lightly and looks like a reddish-brown hue on my lips, which almost looks like a balm/gloss on. its a great day/night lipstick, very classy color. it actually resembles the clinique black honey when i apply it to my lips, but the black honey is a little redder and this one is mauvier. i have been grabbing this one more over the other lip products lately. a little pricey but if it goes to the aids foundation, i'm all for it! for skin tone reference, i'm NC 35, use Sand in Estee Lauder. UPDATE: have given up on lipsticks as it seems to bleed, make my lips super dry and make me look a bit older... stuck with Clinique Superbalm glosses... especially Ginger and Black Honey :)