November 27, 2014 | 1524 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Viva Glam VI

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2008 9:30:00 PM More reviews by banana_008

This is exactly what I wanted MAC 'O' to be like. Viva Glam VI is a sheer warm berry that can be made more red or more plum or rose depending on how you wear it. It looks great on it's own, with liner and with gloss. It's definately warm though, so I do have to be careful what blush I pair it with. Plumfoolery is a good match but so are NARS Outlaw, Oasis, and Lovejoy. This lustre lipstick also has a much smoother texture than most. This is now my favourite product out of the Viva Glam line.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2008 12:00:00 PM More reviews by Sarasotagirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my go-to, don't-even-need-to-look-in-the-mirror MLBB everyday shade. I'm pale, warm and muted (NC15, etc., etc.) but with pigmented lips and this gives them sheen and even tone and a wee bit of oomph and manages to go with everything I own. YMMV. I take one lippie off for the poor wear -- but then, I can reapply without looking in the mirror, so it's not like I suffer. I would adore this if it came in Amplified Creme or even a matte formula. Until then, I keep tubes in my purse, in every bathroom, and so on.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/30/2008 11:12:00 AM More reviews by hiigherlearning

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really really REALLY love the color of this... the l/s itself goes on smooth, not too drying- but it has no staying power! The first time I had to reapply I figured it was because I ate, but not even an hour later (sans food, drink, or kissing :D), it was pretty much completely gone again. :( This is the first MAC l/s I've tried, so I can't really compare it to their other lipsticks. Beautiful color; I just feel like, for the price, it should last longer on my lips.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/22/2008 5:43:00 PM More reviews by bonkymommy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've finally figured out that I just don't care for the MAC "Lustre" lipsticks. They just seem to slide right off my lips even if I powder first, line, etc. This color is beautiful, but it just doesn't last. I prefer the Frosts and the Satins.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2008 9:08:00 PM More reviews by CoonieR

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm also not a lipstick fan... I'm much more of a lip gloss kind of gal, but I needed something a little more sophisticated and darker for my wedding last year. My MUA recommended VGVI l/s and after I tried it, it was love at (almost) first sight.

This is a beautiful, pinkish mauve-y neutral that is super flattering on my NW20 lips. It's neutral enough that I could see this working on a variety of skintones, but does have a coolish hint to it. It's a shade that lends itself well to either polished or casual looks.

The texture is nice too--it glides on, either over bare lips or over a lipliner, and it smells nice. The lasting power isn't bad... it lasts about 2-3 hours on me w/o retouching. (I think I touched it up only once at the wedding, despite eating/drinking/kissing for hours).

I love how MAC donates the profits to charity. That's the icing on the cake. Major kudos to MAC for making a product that delivers for a good cause.

Love this. I lost my first tube and had to get another one, because I missed it... and this is coming from a non-lipstick gal! Definite repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2008 7:01:00 PM More reviews by sashimigirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

My go-to YLBB shade. A little understated but perfect for everyday.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2008 4:31:00 PM More reviews by lw01

Great color, nice plummy/pink that is neutral but not too brown, not too pink. Matches my lips yet adds a little pop of color. Smells nice.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2008 7:39:00 PM More reviews by sakecat22

Absolutely beautiful color. The formula is moisturizing and has this fabulous chocolate/vanilla scent that is positively addictive. Totally concur with the previous poster who wondered why it took her so long to get on the Viva Glam bandwagon. A very carefully thought out line.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2008 4:41:00 AM More reviews by pammo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I can't believe I waited so long to jump onto the Viva Glam bandwagon. Viva Glam VI shows up a beautifully blended plum-brown red. I also feared that it would be too frosty, but I can't even tell that there are shimmers. The formula/texture isn't too drying and lasts for 2+ hours. I noticed that after a while, it wears down to a redder shade than what was applied, but still very wearable. Love Viva Glam VI for an understated, yet stunning, red! =)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2008 8:36:00 PM More reviews by JeneenL

My favorite lip color of all time! I love to wear w/ the lipglass. It goes with everything and lasts a long time.