September 17, 2014 | 1349 users online

Liquid - Boots - No7 Intelligent Balance Foundation Mousse [DISCONTINUED]

image 0image 1image 2

This product has been discontinued

rated 3 of 5 on 12/28/2010 11:21:00 AM More reviews by Leahrm23

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product feels great when you apply it to your skin. It feels so velvety silky. But the coverage is not great. I bought 2 of these because I found the perfect color. I them came to find out that the coverage wasnt that great (compared to my colorstay) and it did NOT last throughout the day which is a must! I gave the packaging a 2 because although it looks nice it is so hard to get out of the jar and I end up getting it under my nails. If you need light to medium coverage I would buy this. It just wasnt for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/12/2010 12:17:00 AM More reviews by goodgothgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was my first mousse foundation and has taken me trial and error with it, the color is slightly light for me but matches my neck. Gives me medium coverage I use a foundation brush with mine. Overall i really like it more than my estee lauder foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2010 3:08:00 PM More reviews by goldfishblowfish

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Before I tried this, I had never used a mousse foundation. I thought I wouldn't find a good match; I'm very pale with neutral to pink undertones, and all the colors looked a little yellow in the jars. After I read the reviews I knew I had to try it. I'm roughly an NC15, and I bought the lightest shade.

I was slightly offput by the smell of the foundation. None of my other foundations have a smell, and this one does. I don't know what it smells like, but the smell is strong in the jar. When I'm wearing it, I don't smell a thing.

The texture of the foundation is fabulous! The mousse foundation provides great coverage, layers well, and is extremely buildable. One layer gives a medium coverage then I only have to touch up on my red areas, like my cheeks. I used my fingers to apply and I did not have any issues with the product balling on my skin, but I did have a primer under it. I set the foundation with No7 Translucent powder and I'm good all day, until I wash my face.

The packaging looks like I paid 5 times more for it than I did. It's a beautiful frosted glass container with a black laquered lid. Because of the way the jar is shaped it may be hard to get some of the product out, but it does come with a small spatual that should help. I only use about 1/4 of the spatula spoon for a full face of coverage, and usually have some left! This is my new HG foundation!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2010 8:06:00 PM More reviews by greenfaerie38

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love Boots foundations because they match my skin's golden undertones. This formula is my favourite. It's smooth and creamy and give me an airbrushed look. It goes on well with a sponge and gives me medium coverage. I don't recommend applying it with your fingers, since it sort of balled up when I did. I know that sounds good, but it would come off my face in teeny tiny balls.

The cons are packaging and price. While I love the Boots line, the prices are pretty steep for drugstore makeup. And while the glass screw on top is pretty and durable, it's hard to get out some of the product because the opening at the top is so small. Basically, if you're pale with yellow undertones like me, give this foundation a try.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2010 1:26:00 PM More reviews by CarrieLynnJ

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

My new HG foundation. I feel so fickle:) I have been wearing Chanel TI but I heard its discontinuing so I wanted to start feeling out other brands/products. I got samples of other Chanel fdns and nothing really felt as good as the TI. A friend at work who works for Target part time recommended this, she said the Boots line usually sells out quickly at her store and women come in constantly looking for this particular product. Luckily I went to the Target near me and they had my shade in stock. I apply this by using the spatula you get with the product and putting some on the back of my hand. Then I use a stipple or a flat top brush to apply and my foundation looks flawless. No lines of demarkation or flaking. I have normal skin, no dry flaky areas or oiliness so this looks wonderful on me. It applies like a mousse and dries to a lovely powder finish. This even looks better than the Chanel TI I have been using and the Dior/Lancome'/Chanel/LM samples I had been trying. Oh I do use a primer with this (Monistat) but I do not follow up with a setting powder and this sticks to my face for a good 10 hours a day. Great value, great product, makes me look like a million bucks!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 11/8/2010 11:44:00 AM More reviews by SarenaMarie

I read a ton of reviews on this and they were all really good, so I went out and bought it. This foundation was HORRIBLE! There were only 5 shades to choose from, and it's hard to see the real color since the container it's in is frosted. I have some dry spots on my skin and this foundation made the dry spots really noticable. But, my skin is mostly oily and this foundation was not long-wearing at all, and I even used a primer underneath it. Also, a lot of people said they have sensitive skin and it didn't break them out, but after using it for 2 days, I got 4 new pimples, and I didn't have any pimples when I first used it. The only good thing is that this foundation gives a lot of coverage. But, I would not recommend this to anyone.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2010 3:14:00 AM More reviews by sweetshiningstar

I would probably give this a 4.5 or so. This is full coverage and more natural than Revlon CS- works for oily skin, too!

This is my first time using a mousse foundation. I thought I'd have to use a lot, and that it'd be oily, but it's not true! I use soo little, maybe a quarter of a pea size. It's a mousse-powder formula, so the mousse isn't oily at all, creamy, yet dries fast, and you can feel it turn into a powder right away.

I find it best when applied with fingers (it warms the foundation up and gives max control, plus none gets absorbed into the sponge). My fingers don't feel gunky or anything afterwards.

The foundation just looks like my natural skin, and the shade Almond didn't have any problems blending into my NC25-30 Asian skin.

This foundation controls oil pretty well for my oily/combo skin. I still set it with a light dusting of powder, and it's way better than most liquid foundations.

The only con is that it is NOT suited for dry skin, and if you have combo skin you must exfoliate/moisturize (for me, you can see the dry skin around pimples), but that's for most foundations too.

I loooooove this foundation on a daily basis- but it does need a good primer underneath (it is a little dry, since it's formulated for oily skin). It's so much product for how little you use, and about $13-14, it'll last longer than most d/s foundations.

Also I only like long-wearing foundations, and this one lasts all day for me. No sweating off, no fading, no oxidizing. Simply amazing!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/1/2010 9:58:00 PM More reviews by 6thmercury

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this recently and I like it alot. It has a matte finish and it's very buildable if youre looking for a more coverage. Also there isnt alot of color range which is a disappointment. I havent broken out either. Too bad it has no spf.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/7/2010 3:41:00 AM More reviews by bibianchan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

full coverage
    easy to apply
    last at least 4+ hours
    for me: easy to take off, no break out, color matches my skin, no sinking into pores, but it works really bad on dry skin
    continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2010 11:43:00 AM More reviews by alessie04

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this from Target on a total whim....normally I research my products carefully before purchasing. I am so glad I bought this! I returned my Dior Nude foundation at Sephora for multiple reasons, and was in desperate need of a foundation. It goes on so smooth and completely traceless (unlike ColorStay, sorry, but I can tell when you're wearing it). It is semi-matte, which I love because I want to look NATURAL on my face. I have oily, sensitive, blotchy, acne-prone skin and have had no problems with this foundation. I put it on in the morning (then set it with Boots loose powder which I also love) and wear it all day. I am an Interior Design student, and I am constantly put in random stressful situtations...and normally that's when I start sweating and my makeup runs. This stuff doesn't! It looks fresh from when I first put it on to the end of my day (encountering MANY stressful situations). I never have to worry about what my makeup is doing and can put all of my attention to my project. I have some slight acne scarring and 1 layer of this covers it up about 95%. If I put on a 2nd layer, it would cover it up completely. No breakouts, doesn't make my already large pores more noticeable, and doesn't crease around my eyes or nose. I do, however, wish it had SPF, but that might alter and change a good thing into a bad, so I can get over it. I rec' purchasing the Boots loose powder with it because I really think the combination of the 2 look great and is the reason for my success (it won't make you look overly matte- it actually gives a nice radiance to skin without shimmer). I don't use my foundation brush or mac 187 with this...fingers or sponge work the best.