October 23, 2014 | 1707 users online

Foundations - Yves Saint Laurent - Perfect Touch Radiant Brush Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2009 10:17:00 PM More reviews by mochio

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ohh how i love this foundation! Admittedly, the brush is a little useless and the shade (#4) is a little beige for my fair Asian skin BUT the foundation itself? Fabulous. It is so luxurious to squeeze the lightly melon-scented stuff onto my hand. I apply it with fingers- it feels very light, very comfortable and it leaves a matte finish. Covers mm I would say about medium. Afterwards I go back and retouch flaws/scars with a little extra of the same foundation. I have a bit of breakout, but this makes my skin look very nice! Is not drying at all and I am not greasy..maybe it's because it's winter. It doesn't break me out or anything (and my skin lately has been SO picky!), but I am a tad afraid that using the brush on my face is not sanitary..how do you clean the thing?

rated 2 of 5 on 12/4/2009 9:05:00 AM More reviews by skinjazz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was having a panic attack on the way home from buying this because the price is (for me) through the roof, but I am so glad I did! It does so much more for my skin than any of the other (numerous) foundations I have tried. I have very rough scarred skin on my cheek bones, and I struggle to find a foundation that does not sit on my skin and just emphasise my flaws. this blends into the skin AND covers quite well. My HG for now!

I wrote that some time ago- I never really fell n love with this. There is something sort of irritating about the formula, and it has such a strong scent. I ended up using most of it as leg makeup! What a waste of money!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2009 12:47:00 AM More reviews by suzannaelektra

Yes, I would buy this product again but in a different color. The one I purchased was too light for me. The coverage I would say is light - medium...very light weight. Smells like watermelon..which I am indifferent about. The brush is too short and you do not get the same affect of apply with a separate foundation brush. It dries to a natural finish...I think this is great if someone is looking for a light weight foundation or if someone has optimal skin that needs just a slight evening out. A little pricey...but worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2009 11:46:00 PM More reviews by chibirene

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

I love this foundation! It gives your skin light to medium coverage and you actually feel like you have nothing on. It is so smooth , looks really nice and smells nice too. great color match.
I dont like the brush that much, but that wont keep me from buying it again!
love love it

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2009 4:52:00 PM More reviews by BeausGal22

I bought this foundation a couple of weeks ago in Shade #4. The color was a great match for me and blended great. Perfect Touch leaves your skin looking airbrushed and mouistrized, definitely helped me my skin not look so tired on early mornings. I used to about medium coverage and it didn't look heavy or cakey at all and didn't leave my face extremely oily either just beautiful radiance!
However, a couple things I didn't like about this foundation is that it seems to not last very long like maybe 6-7 hours and when you start to squeeze the bottle to get the product out you can't really control how much you are getting. I didn't mind the brush...it is a little clunky but not a deal breaker...I liked the innovation of it. Overall a great product and I will definitely buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2009 8:02:00 AM More reviews by YSLPrincess

My favourite foundation so far. It's very light, not cakey at all.It gives radiance into my skin, lightly moisturised, and smells nice too.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/21/2009 3:01:00 PM More reviews by vpivoine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Pros:
1. moisturizing
2. smells nice

Cons:
1. wears off easily
2. not enough coverage for me

will not buy again

rated 3 of 5 on 10/17/2009 3:51:00 AM More reviews by nomadjan

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Grey, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Like many, I don't like wearing foundation but as I get older, my skin really needs it. This product makes my skin glow and the color is a good match. However, for a luxury brand/ high price, what crappy packaging! The built-in brush doesn't come close to being a proper foundation brush and keeping it clean is a nightmare. I followed the advice of other reviewers and ended up taking a pair of scissors and chopped that hideous thing off. However, even with most of the brush gone, it's still hard to control how much product comes out (usually WAY too much) and what a mess. I woudn't care so much if I had bought some cheapo drug-store brand...but come on, this is YSL!! When I finish this bottle I will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2009 10:27:00 AM More reviews by agnareqc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm very fair, thus my choice of foundation is always limited, as usually even the lightest shades don't even come close to my skintone. But Perfect Touch in 1 Ivory works for me. It is a very natural shade - not to pink, orange or ghostly white. The coverage is indeed medium and I use my ArtDeco Perfect Teint concealer under my eyes and on the wings of my nose as I have rosacea. This foundation provides somewhat more coverage than Givenchy Subli'mine that I previously used, whilie giving similar "smooth skin glowing from within" effect, as opposite of "made up" effect. Call me weird, but I actually consider applying with the built-in brush an easy, clean and economic way of doing make up. I agree with the statement that this foundation lasts for about 5 hours, but I need to use matifying base on my T-zone and use blotting paper at least once - I don't use setting powder as I yet need to find one that works for me. As expected with foundation that is targeted at dry skin, I find it great at moisturizing dehydrated skin and this is my winter foundation, as I tend to use powder foundation in high summer. What is also great is the fact that it doesn't darken or oxydize, even one bit! YSL claims they used coated pigments to formulate it, and I'm a living proof this works (and most foundations oxydize on my skin a lot). The color stays true till the end, before it somehow vanishes. No setting into pores, getting blotchy, or smearing with this one. In the evening when I remove my make up, I don't get even a hint of foundation on my cleansing pad - I don't know how it vanishes, but it really does. What is truly amazing, it doesn't break me out, and usually liquid foundations are too heavy on my sensitive skin. When it comes to price, it is significantly cheaper than than Givenchy Subli'mine when I consider how much product I get (40 ml vs. 25 ml).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2009 10:51:00 AM More reviews by CocoMinx

I liked the watermelon scent! It was always a pleasure to apply and made my skin feel totally comfortable if it was slightly dry that day. It seemed a little thick when it was on, making it quite tricky to blend onto my jawline. A sheer to medium coverage meant that i still had to apply an undereye highlighter and any concealer to blemishes that showed through the formula.

Probably won't buy again as it is pricey and the brush needs regular cleaning to avoid harbouring bacteria.