MAC Technakohl in Graphblack

3.7

Cyclopentasiloxane, hydrogenated olive oil stearyl esters, polyethylene, polybutene, silica silylate, candelilla wax, octyldodecanol, microcrystalline wax, theobroma grandiflorum seed butter, sodium hyaluronate, zinc gluconate, magnesium aspartate, tocopheryl nicotinate, sodium ascorbyl phosphate, water, copper gluconate, pentaerythrityl tetra-di-t-butyl hydroxyhydrocinnamate. May Contain: Mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, aluminum powder, bismuth oxychloride, black 2, blue 1 lake, carmine, chromium hydroxide green, chromium olive breens, ferric ferrocyanide, manganese violet, ultramarines, yellow 5 lake.

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine

I previously was a devotee of the Lancome Kohl pencil. On a particularly spend-happy trip to the mall one day, I let the Mac lady talk me into this, since it's technically the only Mac eyeliner approved for application to the waterline. I am so glad she did. As far as staying power, it blows Lancome out of the water (even through the most rigorous workouts --- if I happen to go straight from work and don't have the opportunity to remove my makeup -- this eyeliner does not give me "Alice Cooper" eyes!) Admittedly, when I saw it was a twist up, I cringed. Generally, the tips of those break within a few weeks. Not this one -- though I will say, the design of the pencil case is dumb. Recently I put the cap on the end to apply -- and when I pulled off the cap, it pulled off the end cap -- so now the regular cap doesn't fit on quite right because the end cap is stuck in it. Dumb. But not so dumb that I was dumb enough to deduct a star for it because, honestly, this is the best eyeliner I've found to date. It's highly pigmented and you can apply it from two angles to get the precision line you want. Totally smudgeable for a sultry smokey eye. Priced well. Buy it without hesitation.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a normal eye kohl, just one that happens to be a little more high-tech because it's retractable and doesn't require sharpening. However, despite its "kohl" properties (meaning easy to smudge and blend and smoke out), this is the least smudgable eye pencil I've ever used; I find its staying power is insane. I've worn it at a photoshoot which later proved to be semi-underwater but I didn't know that beforehand, so I didn't do waterproof makeup. Well this proved capable of surviving 3 hours in and out of a pool without moving one single inch. I can't think of any environmental condition that could cause this to transfer or smear in the least. It's a tiny bit harsh to apply, but nothing intolerable, and personally I think it's worth the minor discomfort since the results are so long-lasting. Will repurchase.

I bought this mainly to use on my waterline, but it only lasts a few hours. I have to go over my waterline a few times to get it really black, which doesn't really help it last long. The only good thing about it is that you don't need to sharpen it. But it's not as soft as I'd like it to be. Definitely won't be repurchasing.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I use this is my upper and lower waterline and it smudges in a few hrs. It applies easily and I love automatic liners. Still looking for a liner that will last for more that 12 hrs.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

people keep sayin this smudhes but thats what KOHL pencils are supposed to do.People just dont know how to use this pencil lmao Its the best eyeliner I have and it does have great staying power.I love it cuz it gives a slight smokey effect without having to use a smudger brush. I luv it =)

This is the best eyeliner I've ever used.I do not buy high-end brands so I can only compare it with L'oreal,Max Factor and Avon eyeliners.
This one is the best because it is soft so it's easily used,but it does not flake or smudge during the day.
It has a really dark and beautiful black colour.
The only thing that I do not like about this product is its price.
I got it for about 25$,and that is the most I spend for an eyeliner so far.I wish it was cheaper.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I like this eye liner. It lasts quite a long time on my lid. I like the packaging because I donít need to get my sharpener ready every time I use it.
The tip maybe getís too round from time to time, but I give it some sharp point with the tips of my fingers or my hand to have a more precise application.
When I want to smudge it though, I have to work fast because it sets in a very short time, so for smudging, I prefer my MAC Smolder. It lasts quite long, but maybe not throuout the entire day, so I have to reapply it.
I read some reviews that said it was not good for your waterline, but I have used it there and I have had no problem with it (or at least, not yet).
Will repurchase it again for sure!!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Overall this is an amazing eyeliner that is long lasting, pigmented, travel friendly and waterline safe. The only downside is the packaging! You get a lot less than most other mac eye pencils for the same price, and also the tip can break, which wastes sooo much product, but I'd say it's worth it!

I wanted so very much to like this product, because I am usually happy with MAC, but this was not the case. I actually went onto the MAC website, and spoke with a makeup artist in their live chat room. I asked about the Technakohl eyeliners in brown and black. I specifically wanted to know if they would stay on in my waterline area. She told me that they would...and I believed her. I purchased 2 of them (the black, and the dark brown). I have been using them now for a few days and I am terribly disappointed. The colors are good,but they do not stay on in the waterline area, and they are, in fact, hard to apply to this area. I have previously been using L'Oreal eyeliner in this area, and have gotten better results. This product is a total disappointment to me, and I am also disappointed that I paid $14.50 each for them. I really do hope that someone from MAC is looking at this website, and sees my posting. They need to know that this product is a disappointment.

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

I love mac but i think this eyeliner is pretty average. I do like how it stays put for a while, although it does look faded by the end of the day. On the down side, the black is not very black, its quite dull and not defining. So i have to go over it a few times to build up the colour. The design of the eyeliner means you dont need to sharpen it which is convenient, but I dont like this because its hard to make a thin line with the rounded blunt tip. With my eyeliners i like precision, definition and a dark line, and this eyeliner doesn't really fulfil that. Maybe it'd suit a more natural look on fair skin.