September 20, 2014 | 1739 users online

Crème - Bobbi Brown - Oil-Free Even Finish Compact Foundation

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2010 3:42:00 PM More reviews by mrlincoln

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like the big mirror in the compact. Product is excellent for oily, sensitive skin. Color match is perfect (Natural 4), the texture gives me a nice subtle dewy finish. It's very easy to apply with a foundation brush. I thought about purchasing BB's foundation stick, but it was very thick and just sat on my face, thank goodness the SA rec'd this because it's near perfect. Happy dance, happy, happy, happy dance!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/2/2010 12:50:00 AM More reviews by Hoshisma

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this after searching for a suitable replacement for my MAC Studio Stick NC50. I prefer a cream foundation for the buildable coverage, and this one happened to be one of the few that didn't contain chemical SPF or beeswax. When I first went to the counter, the MUA matched me to a color that oxidized WAAAY too dark. She seemed fairly new and unaccustomed to brown skin, so I didn't hold it against her. After explaining my issues with the color, she rematched me to 7.5 (warm walnut). I've been using it off and on for a couple of weeks, and I really like the foundation. I apply on top of whatever primer i have at hand with a synthetic, domed foundation brush because the stupid sponge that's in the compact gloops the makeup on. The makeup goes on flawlessly, looks perfect and lasts pretty well throughout the day. I tend to be extremely sensitive, and I have yet to break out from this makeup. Until MAC gets their crap together and gives me back my studio stick this will be my number one foundation!!

It is rather pricey, but using a brush make the pan last much longer.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/28/2010 9:51:00 AM More reviews by doodlethemoodle

I have combination skin (esp. ard the T zone area) but my skin gets flaky too. I did not like the foundation at all at first because it accentuates the flakiness of my skin after a few hours of wear.

However, I find that with a use of a primer (I use sephora's ), the product goes on really smoothly and gives a glow to my skin. I will definitely consider buying it again since its easily to blend even with my fingers and a little goes a long way since the foundation is rather creamy. The price is however too steep for that little of product we get.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2010 5:48:00 AM More reviews by KimmiiS2

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Despite its creamy-ness and thickness, IT IS GREAT.
I am currently using it! It's the BEST
it's oil free and doesnt cause any allergic reactions :)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/14/2010 12:31:00 PM More reviews by minal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I have spent a long long time looking for foundations that work for my skin tone. I am South Asian and for the longest time finding a foundation that matched my skin and also had yellow undertones was ridiculously challenging. Enter Bobbi Brown - 4.5(Warm natural)!!! - I would highly recommend it to women looking for good coverage as well as a smooth finish. The foundation glides on. I do apply it with a foundation brush and not the provided sponge. I have acne and some scars - it covers it all flawlessly.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2010 9:42:00 PM More reviews by nnana

My first experience using a creme foundation, and I must say it isn't as difficult/scary/isitgoingtoworkoutforme? as I thought. I got this after my MAC studio fix fluid broke out on me (I went through at least two bottles of it and up until recently it was perfect for my skin). I was looking for a powder foundation but the SA at Bobbi Brown told me they don't have a shade that fits my skin tone (I'm an NC37/40 BTW) because apparently I am too dark for them, so she recommended me this foundation in 4.5 Warm Natural instead.

So I decided to get this, just because I was impressed by how creamy this is. It glides on easy-peasy with a wedge sponge and dries off to a powder finish so you won't really need any setting powder although I still use one. It doesn't cause my skin to break out even though it feels heavy, and doesn't seem to make my tzone oil up as fast or as bad as the MAC studio fix fluid.

I actually quite like this, but I'm not sure if I like it enough to go for a repurchase. Its expensive. I was expecting this compact to last me a while but it hasn't been nearly a month of everyday use and I've already hit pan, and mind you, I don't even use a lot of product at one go.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2010 7:27:00 PM More reviews by MackMimiMommy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this because I thought it would be easy to apply and good for my acne-prone skin since it says "oil-free". It is easy to apply. You just swipe product onto the sponge and dab on. However, even if it is oil-free, it still feels very thick on your skin. I usually prefer something with a lighter texture. Also, it seemed to give me pimples. It also looked odd on my chin after a bit of time where oil had caused the product to separate and slide around. I'm thinking this is more for normal-skinned girls not prone to breaking out.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2010 3:15:00 AM More reviews by leverniz

I actually like this foundation, because it does reduce my oily throughout the day, but I still would have my Tzone becomes shiny after 4-5hours! it has a powdery finish, which is good, but somehow it feels a bit heavy on your face (if u compared to the natural finish liquid foundation)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2010 6:57:00 PM More reviews by baileygirl22

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

First off, ladies, watch Ebay for deals on this stuff. I got a brand-new, full-size compact for $18, including shipping. Excellent deal (I went back and bought another!). Though now that I know how great his product is, I would seriously still pay full price for it. I am 40 with seriously oily skin that still breaks out, sigh. I've got a fair bit of left-over red marks from old acne, and an age spot or two here and there. This stuff covers like a dream. Yes, it's a bit thick. But honestly, once you put it on, it sort of melts into your skin and it's not like some thick layer laying on top. It becomes one with your skin, if that's possible. Great coverage and great staying power--I haven't touched up in 9 hours and it still looks great. And the coolest thing, and this is something I didn't expect, is that it seems to cut down on my oiliness. I don't remember reading that it was supposed to do that, but it has, and I'm thrilled. I'm usually mopping up the oil on my face at least 3 times a day, and today, I did it once. It's worth buying just for that reason alone. Try this!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/8/2010 10:14:00 PM More reviews by marjetic

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I usually use the moisturising version of this foundation and bought the oil-free as it's such a good price atm:)

I wouldn't buy this again, but I'm not sure that this is fair because I have a very dry skin and don't think this is meant for dry skin at all. My skin flaked immediately and it looked kind of chalky.

You might want to try this if your skin is normal to oily though. The compact looks great, too.