Chanel Inimitable Mascara Multi-Dimensionnel

3.7

on 2/19/2011 1:19:00 PM

I have this in black and I like it, but I don't love it. The formula seems thinner than some mascaras so it goes on smoothly and coats each lash nicely without clumping. It doesn't seem to be particularly volumizing or lengthening but I like the definition it gives my lashes. I've noticed a chemical smell when I use it but it does not irritate my eyes. I like the brush and the tube is elegant, as you would expect from Chanel (unlike the giant orange LashBlast tube). My main complaint is that it stays wet longer than other mascaras which makes it easier to smudge while I'm finishing my makeup. I bought this as part of a holiday set but I don't like it enough to justify the price and repurchase it on its own.

on 2/16/2011 10:42:00 PM

This is one of my favorite mascaras. The brush is a great size for applying all over the lashes and also being able to get the corners without getting mascara all over. The brush is also great at separating lashes. It works really well at lengthening and emphasizing long lashes. It can hold a curl well, and doesn't really flake at all. The only drawbacks for me are that it doesn't do much in the volume department. I have long lashes but not very thick, and I find it doesn't do much to add that fullness and volume. I find that it also runs a bit easier than other mascaras I've tried (this is a review for the non-waterproof version). Overall though, the separation, curl, and lengthening that it does is great. Definitely worth trying out.

on 2/4/2011 4:38:00 AM

Its Ok, but certainly not an inimitable product at all. Nothing special really. When i compare it to my all-time favourite mascara, which is "Origins Fringe benefits, lash loving mascara", then the Chanel falls back with regard to price, since costing twice as much, also the easy application of several layers without unwanted areas of uneven "accumulation" is not as good as with Origins, and Origins is more natural looking and just looks better (sexier) on my lashes. Sadly this mascara is not available any more on the Swiss market.

on 2/2/2011 8:14:00 PM

i got a sample of this mascara when buying a perfume and i found the formula fantastic. no clumping, subtle thickening and nice lengthening. sure its not dramatic, but i'm not a huge fan of super thick unnatural looking lashes. i have hooded eyes which can get quite oily and i often have problems with mascara ending up on my upper and lower eyelids. But i found even with the non waterproof version this was not an issue, so long as i wear too faced SI or urban decay PP, unlike the mascara i am now using which is diorshow waterproof formula (not a fan). The size of the brush is also great. I think its up there with the best mascara i've used. Good thing i got that sample, or i may have never tried it :)

on 12/16/2010 6:42:00 PM

This mascara is far too subtle for me! It does give a nice clean, classic and defined finish but it is really for someone who doesn't want to make a statement. For myself i would only gives this two lippies; cos its expensive and not my style, but i gave it three lippies cos it looks amazingly pretty and beautiful on my mum! Its a much more classic and mature mascara that i would definitely consider buying my mum or my gran this as a gift.

on 11/17/2010 11:10:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This mascara did a good job of lengthening and volumizing my lashes with minimal clumps. However, it seemed to flake like crazy and didn't make my lashes feel soft and lush. I would consider buying again if it was maybe $7, but at $35-$40 dollars a tube it's just not worth it. There are better mascaras out there for a fraction of the price.

on 11/17/2010 4:50:00 AM

I have thin lashes & a slight obsession with finding a thickening mascara. Despite not being the most thickening mascara, I do like Inimitable for a few reasons -- it curls, and it doesn't flake during the day.

on 11/17/2010 3:49:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Fave mascara! It is expensive but you get what you pay for - not flaky, lengthens lashes, doesn't smudge throughout the day unlike Diors Diorshow..

on 11/6/2010 5:49:00 AM

I was very surprised that this mascara was as bad as it was. I expected a lot more from Chanel. Although I do not have long or full lashes, this absolutely did nothing for the lashes that I have. I don't understand how anyone could like this mascara - one of the worst I have ever tried.

on 10/10/2010 11:08:00 AM

I have to admit that I initially wanted to hate this mascara since I spent so much money on it and didn't get the overly dramatic look that I have been used to for so many years. But you know what? For me it is so worth it - as a mascara, it does what it should do, which is to lengthen, curl and thicken but not to the point that it makes it obvious that I'm wearing mascara. As a 30-something woman, over the top looks are actually aging, so I needed to look for something more age and work-appropriate. I'm not sure how to explain it, but on me it looks like I have naturally long, thick, and curly lashes - nothing like the long and thick mess that other mascaras do (I,m looking at you clumpy mascaras, Estee Lauder Magnascopic and Lancome Hypnose). If you want the dramatic fake drag queen look, then this may not be the mascara for you, but if you want to look like you have been blessed with naturally long and thick lashes then get this.

Popular Mascaras