October 25, 2014 | 879 users online

Mascara - Chanel - Inimitable Mascara Multi-Dimensionnel

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2010 6:42:00 PM More reviews by charlies04

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This mascara is far too subtle for me! It does give a nice clean, classic and defined finish but it is really for someone who doesn't want to make a statement. For myself i would only gives this two lippies; cos its expensive and not my style, but i gave it three lippies cos it looks amazingly pretty and beautiful on my mum! Its a much more classic and mature mascara that i would definitely consider buying my mum or my gran this as a gift.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/17/2010 11:10:00 AM More reviews by ClassicalGirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This mascara did a good job of lengthening and volumizing my lashes with minimal clumps. However, it seemed to flake like crazy and didn't make my lashes feel soft and lush. I would consider buying again if it was maybe $7, but at $35-$40 dollars a tube it's just not worth it. There are better mascaras out there for a fraction of the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2010 4:50:00 AM More reviews by bellabim

I have thin lashes & a slight obsession with finding a thickening mascara. Despite not being the most thickening mascara, I do like Inimitable for a few reasons -- it curls, and it doesn't flake during the day.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2010 3:49:00 AM More reviews by Bekmar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Fave mascara! It is expensive but you get what you pay for - not flaky, lengthens lashes, doesn't smudge throughout the day unlike Diors Diorshow..

rated 2 of 5 on 11/6/2010 5:49:00 AM More reviews by phylalexan

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was very surprised that this mascara was as bad as it was. I expected a lot more from Chanel. Although I do not have long or full lashes, this absolutely did nothing for the lashes that I have. I don't understand how anyone could like this mascara - one of the worst I have ever tried.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2010 11:08:00 AM More reviews by CrisAlex

I have to admit that I initially wanted to hate this mascara since I spent so much money on it and didn't get the overly dramatic look that I have been used to for so many years. But you know what? For me it is so worth it - as a mascara, it does what it should do, which is to lengthen, curl and thicken but not to the point that it makes it obvious that I'm wearing mascara. As a 30-something woman, over the top looks are actually aging, so I needed to look for something more age and work-appropriate. I'm not sure how to explain it, but on me it looks like I have naturally long, thick, and curly lashes - nothing like the long and thick mess that other mascaras do (I,m looking at you clumpy mascaras, Estee Lauder Magnascopic and Lancome Hypnose). If you want the dramatic fake drag queen look, then this may not be the mascara for you, but if you want to look like you have been blessed with naturally long and thick lashes then get this.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/1/2010 5:15:00 AM More reviews by smarties124

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this mascara is so pretty and makes my lashes amazingly long!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2010 3:53:00 AM More reviews by pebbles1384

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this Chanel mascara. I've tried many and they don't compare. I do feel it's expensive, but what it does for my lashes. I can't complain. To make sure the mascara stays on. I use MAC prep+prime with it and last all day.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2010 More reviews by jskellis

It's the best mascara I've ever tried and I will buy it as long as I can afford it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2010 12:39:00 PM More reviews by Intermission

"inimitable noir obscur" made in France is possibly the best mascara i've tried in the past year.

only a sample though.
i was never one to pay over $20 for mascara.
the brush is very unique and does everything it promises -volume,length,curl and separation (for me the only one that didn't apply was curl)
people asked me if i was wearing fake lashes! that's a first.

only thing i want to comment on was that my tube dried out fast! within a month.
now, i dont know if i just got a tube with a bad top, or if letting air in and out w/ every time i opened it did the trick?(im not someone who pumps the wand in and out btw)
but im not about to lay down so much cash for something that will last me less then a month.

other then that, if i had the money to spend every month i would make this my HG no problem!