April 19, 2014 | 886 users online

Mascara - Chanel - Inimitable Mascara Multi-Dimensionnel

rated 2 of 5 on 11/6/2010 5:49:00 AM More reviews by phylalexan

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was very surprised that this mascara was as bad as it was. I expected a lot more from Chanel. Although I do not have long or full lashes, this absolutely did nothing for the lashes that I have. I don't understand how anyone could like this mascara - one of the worst I have ever tried.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2010 11:08:00 AM More reviews by CrisAlex

I have to admit that I initially wanted to hate this mascara since I spent so much money on it and didn't get the overly dramatic look that I have been used to for so many years. But you know what? For me it is so worth it - as a mascara, it does what it should do, which is to lengthen, curl and thicken but not to the point that it makes it obvious that I'm wearing mascara. As a 30-something woman, over the top looks are actually aging, so I needed to look for something more age and work-appropriate. I'm not sure how to explain it, but on me it looks like I have naturally long, thick, and curly lashes - nothing like the long and thick mess that other mascaras do (I,m looking at you clumpy mascaras, Estee Lauder Magnascopic and Lancome Hypnose). If you want the dramatic fake drag queen look, then this may not be the mascara for you, but if you want to look like you have been blessed with naturally long and thick lashes then get this.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/1/2010 5:15:00 AM More reviews by smarties124

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this mascara is so pretty and makes my lashes amazingly long!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2010 3:53:00 AM More reviews by pebbles1384

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this Chanel mascara. I've tried many and they don't compare. I do feel it's expensive, but what it does for my lashes. I can't complain. To make sure the mascara stays on. I use MAC prep+prime with it and last all day.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2010 More reviews by jskellis

It's the best mascara I've ever tried and I will buy it as long as I can afford it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2010 12:39:00 PM More reviews by Intermission

"inimitable noir obscur" made in France is possibly the best mascara i've tried in the past year.

only a sample though.
i was never one to pay over $20 for mascara.
the brush is very unique and does everything it promises -volume,length,curl and separation (for me the only one that didn't apply was curl)
people asked me if i was wearing fake lashes! that's a first.

only thing i want to comment on was that my tube dried out fast! within a month.
now, i dont know if i just got a tube with a bad top, or if letting air in and out w/ every time i opened it did the trick?(im not someone who pumps the wand in and out btw)
but im not about to lay down so much cash for something that will last me less then a month.

other then that, if i had the money to spend every month i would make this my HG no problem!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2010 11:12:00 AM More reviews by Vidua

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I really like this mascara because it lengthens and thickens my lashes just enough without looking like I've got too much mascara on.

I avoid putting mascara on my bottom lashes because it always looks clumpy and fake. However, I can do it with this one and it looks natural and brings out my eyes a bit.

I have other mascaras in my makeup bag, but this is the only mascara I want to use.

The only con is that it's not waterproof. I'd definitely buy this again and will consider the waterproof version when I run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2010 8:13:00 AM More reviews by potteramy100

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am surprised that there are so many negative reviews! I have tried so many mascaras (must have cost me a bomb), but this is the best one by far - gives great length and volume and really 'opens the eyes', I am delighted with it. I bit expensive, but worth it

rated 3 of 5 on 8/15/2010 3:56:00 PM More reviews by elizium

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Nothing special. Lancomee, L'oreal and even Maybelen gives the same and better effects.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2010 1:29:00 PM More reviews by Kdoll222

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a splurge for a mascara, but it is certainly provides your lashes with drama, volume, and length but for 30 dollars , there are close drugstore com parables if you arent looking to spend the money. I heard the falsies by maybelliene which I will try and test out next, is similar, voluminous by loreal and even lash blast by Covergirl the original in the orange tube, can provide that false lash effect, best advice is to stop by the Chanel counter and try it out, and see if you can live without it.