September 24, 2014 | 1570 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Mineralize Skinfinish Natural - Medium

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2013 4:07:00 PM More reviews by MegElizabeth

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this as a bronzer on my skin. (I am that pale!) I have had it for 8 months now and it's barely looks like its been touched. And I wear it every day!! Products like this rarely last me three months because I drunkenly drop my bag in a club or something stupid and the product shatters......safe to say this powder is Meg-proof and is well and truly baked and pressed!! It's packaging must help because its a sturdy compact, but I am really pleased with how long it has lasted. Aside from its longevity, the actually powder is lovely to use. I can pick up the product with the lightest touched from my brush, and recently I learnt I can use it with a slightly damp brush for a more intense dewy look, wow. And the powder does not go hard, it dries to the same state as before, I have been told this is what you can do with baked products!
Well matched natural colours that I can contour with, definitely would buy this again xx

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2013 11:39:00 AM More reviews by GeriTaitague

Absolutely love this product. Works well over my foundation (drugstore, i hated the Pro longwear NC35). At first it looked powdery but after a couple of minutes, it blended with my natural oil or moisturizer and made my makeup look flawless. Great for light coverage as well. Just wished the packaging had a compartment for a sponge or a puff for touch ups and a mirror.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2013 9:27:00 PM More reviews by orenjinominh

I am generally a fan of both powder finish foundations and dewy ones, but liquid foundations have been clogging up my pores and giving me small whiteheads. I figured since my skin is getting oiler, I need a powder finish that will let oil through after a few hours and create a dew without looking like I dipped my face is grease. I'm so tired of the multi step routine I have for foundation and it hasn't been looking that great in this warmer weather. I also tried to revisit the bare minerals sitting in my drawer but that appears to wear off in 3 hours max.

I went to the MAC station just so that I could consult colors in person and decided to let the girl at the counter apply medium to my face (gurl thought I would go the Asian way and try light when it obviously doesn't match lol, but I assured her medium is the right pick for my nc30) I think medium would be a good if not slightly dark match for my winter skin and I'm hoping I can wear one product year round.

This powder reminds me of the benefit hello flawless powder I have. Very fine milled, kicks up if you swirl too hard, but absolutely beautiful and covers redness which is all I need. You would need concealer for dark spots, but it evens out everything with a light to medium coverage if you pack it on. However, it does not look Cakey even upon close inspection. I bought on the spot and even the sales girl didn't have to convince me twice.

I've tried it with my sigma powder brush and it looks great, but I might try it with the kabuki round top if I need more coverage. I think normal/combo skin will benefit from this the most. My winter skin may need more moisture. You could also use a beauty blender and use this wet but that's too bacteria happy for my taste. I just use the chanel luminizing liquid underneath to make sure it's not too matte. I also layer a highlighter on top just to give my skin some more dimension.

Wear time is about 8 hours without touch up for me, but if you touch your face a lot you may need to set it regardless with a spray. Good thing the compact is sturdy, I could probably pack this in my bag.

It's pricey but still the right price for a higher end foundation. I don't have an issue shelling out money for products that work.

Overall, dump the liquid foundation for this summer fling. You may find your foundation husband in this powder.

Edit: I am now using Medium Plus for summer and have bought Light Plus for my winter NC25. My skin is always changing and can go from NC20 to NC40 throughout the year, so this product is perfect.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2013 1:51:00 PM More reviews by alextuthreefour

I love this powder because it takes away the shine without being too matte. Just like the name implies, it is super natural! It has pretty decent coverage and I can use just this powder with concealer. My only downside is the fact that there is no mirror! If it did...it would be my all time favorite powder!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2013 12:32:00 AM More reviews by Jossboss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wore this for the first time today and all I have to say is WOW!
It seriously makes my face look flawless. I don't understand how since its very sheer coverage. I bought it to set my bb cream bc I don't like to wear much makeup during the week, and this along with the bb cream gives me a natural look. I am a nc30-35 and I got the medium plus

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2013 2:35:00 PM More reviews by miladias

This is a good product and I would buy it again. It does what it claims, hence the 4 lippies. doesn't add too much color and doesn't control oiliness like Blot Powder, but it sets foundation perfectly without getting cakey, has a beautiful natural glow finish and lasts long. Very good for everyday and touch ups. I have oily, sensitive, acne-prone skin and use it when my skin doens't need that extra coverage. My shade is nw15/20 and 'medium' is a great fit, summer or winter. Never broke me out and I really recommend it.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2013 5:54:00 PM More reviews by leilei465

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Summary: Like the name suggests, the powder looks very natural on the skin. The color match was perfect for me and the coverage is decent. It's a pressed powder so it's uncommon to find great coverage, but it works well enough, especially when I use it over concealer when I don't feel like wearing primer, liquid foundation, and finishing powder. The packaging is also decent, as most MAC products are packaged simply but in good quality. I really like this powder, and I recommend this to people that like heavier coverage and want to use this over their liquid foundation to finish off their look, and to people that don't like to use so much makeup and want to wear this alone because it does a relatively good job at evening out skin tone and helping quell redness.

Pros: good quality, reasonably priced

Cons: -

Overall Verdict: I don't think I'll repurchase this simply because my skin condition has changed since I first bought this so I need a heavier pressed powder on my "natural" makeup days. But it's great for people just embarking on their makeup journey and also people that have naturally good skin to where heavy coverage isn't so necessary. Plus, the price is affordable!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2013 9:50:00 AM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've had this mineralized pressed powder for several years. I don't use it often but when I do, I'm always pleased with the results. Lately, I've been using it overtop my BB creams when I feel in need of a bit more coverage and the results are always good. It's a good finishing powder too (though I prefer Prep+Prime or other white/colourless finishing powders) and also great for a quick dusting over moisturizer when you're rushing out the door and don't have time to apply "makeup" but want to look a bit more finished and polished than your bare face might be. I think this is a product I will always have on hand and repurchase. It would be nice if the case included a mirror.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2013 9:27:00 PM More reviews by kyliechester

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am on my second pan of Skinfinish Natural and I absolutely love it. I hated powders and didn't use one for years despite my T-zones oily tendencies. I picked this up on a whim about a year and a half ago and cannot begin to explain how much I love it. Applied on top of foundation or tinted moisturizer it sets the product without sucking the glow out of your skin and making it look powdery and cakey. It's also great on its own if you're short on time. I just apply my Benefit Boi-ing concealer and then dust Skinfinish all over my face and it minimizes redness and unevenness. It's kind of pricey but it lasts forever so its worth it to me!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/3/2013 4:27:00 AM More reviews by hellokatieeeeee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I tried this out because everyone raved about this product....but I was so disappointed. NOt only did it cause me to break out, it made my face look so cakey and fake. Although it claims to be a light finishing powder, it felt so heavy and I just did not like it at all. I don't understand the hype. There are so many better powders out there.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No