October 25, 2014 | 1784 users online

Powder - Everyday Minerals - Intensive Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2010 11:14:00 PM More reviews by Tellitlikeitis2

Can somebody help me out? I wanna love this I bought a full size and I love the coverage. It just seems to me it does not last long. I have been using EM foundation for a while now and no breakouts acutally I have not had one since I started using it. And I get cystic acne! Anyway still will repurchase but I need it to last a little longer on me and the matte makes me look dull. I have oily skin in the nose and forehead normal to dry in the rest of my face!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2010 9:28:00 PM More reviews by bhindhazeleyez

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have this foundation in sunkissed fair and it is a perfect match for my skintone. When I get a little darker in the summer, I just add some of their bronzer to darken it up a little. This foundation works as well as the more expensive mineral makeup I have tried and I like the coverage better. I follow it up w/ the finishing powder and I am good to go. The only thing I don't like about all mineral make-ups-and this one is no exception-is how freakin messy it is!!! I hate that I can't travel due to how most of the product ends up in the lid. I did hear though that Everyday Minerals were putting in a covering over the sifter, so maybe it will be less messy :)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/4/2010 8:21:00 PM More reviews by juliaasman

after using pervious foundations my face was left with horrible acne. i mean all over my chin on my cheeks and all over my forhead. i needed to find a product that would be alot lighter on my skin or not wear makeup at all. i found this product really helped my skin get clear. the only time i will get a pimple is that time of the month. yes it is chalky but i just use fix+ or spray some water on my face and use a duo fibre brush and buff over it. then it just givs a realy nice dewy finish. i love this foundation. i strongly reccomend this for ladys or fellas that are havin problems with their skin due to there liquid foundation.:) xoxo

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2010 11:05:00 AM More reviews by laurieahigh

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have sensitive, reactive skin. I have used this foundation for the past few years. I have had no problems with it. It gives good coverage. I picked it because of the ewg rating on it being safe. I have been happy with it.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/26/2010 10:42:00 AM More reviews by sez87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This formula gives a slightly chalky and flat finish compared to the others. It also gets shiny on me after a couple of hours. I find that the matte gives just as good coverage.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2010 8:46:00 AM More reviews by satinsheets

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I have this in the winged butter shade which is nice for my Asian skintone. The application for this mineral foundation was tricky for me, I had to make sure my skin was well moisturized. When I first applied it looked like nothing was on my skin, but it takes a moment for it to sink in or start looking natural. Instead of caking on a lot of layers I used the Intensive concealer. This photographed beautifully in bright sunlight, it looked flawless. A few negatives are that it's chalky , and can feel slightly itchy on the skin. Long lasting, matte and if applied correctly beautiful coverage.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/14/2010 6:48:00 AM More reviews by PrettyHandsomeAwkward

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This foundation looks great on my skin but after a couple days of using it my face started breaking out really bad. This foundation also dried out my skin. I have tried the other formulas in EDM but they also gave me breakouts.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/12/2010 10:23:00 PM More reviews by KLC101790

UPDATE: Turns out my face reaction was from the benzaclin and retin-a doing it's thing by burning and itching and giving me the worst initial break out of my life NOT everyday minerals.. my face has cleared up substantially since I wrote the negative review (retin-a tends to make your skin disgusting before getting better, finally getting better!! =D)

I love everyday minerals now .. I don't use intensive because I prefer the matte formulation.. but I am sure intensive is great as other reviewers have remarked..

I love the price of this foundation .. you get so much , top quality for such a low price and the brushes are the best out there for just 10 dollars.. I LOVE that each time I purchase an order, I simply enter in a promo code and always score a free full sized goodie, from eye shadows to liners, to bronzers .. I also love that they are so confident with the product that free samples are given .. the samples last way more than 3 to 5 uses and can be mixed so that you can away with using these as a back up god forbid you run out of your full sized everyday minerals..

==========================

I am itching like crazy right now: my face was clearing up since starting my benzaclin/retin-A routine. I ditched bare minerals because I thought the Bismuthe ingredient was irritating my skin and read great reviews about everyday minerals. I tried the sample kit, and bought intensive and matte three days later... Everything was fine. The coverage kind of looked cakey and made me insanely oily (even though I am suffering with DRY skin from the acne treatments), but I figured over time I would learn to perfect application. I was so excited about everyday minerals that I bought brushes, and 3 foundations: 2 in intensive and 1 in matter. Now I feel like an utter fool because my face is in severe pain.. covered in cysts on my chin, jaw line, fore head, and cheeks. I look disgusting and feel itchy and horrible. I want to cry, but it would hurt my skin to MOVE. I don't know if this is the result of using monistat as a primer twice .. or if I am allergic to the mineral make up, perhaps I don't wash my brushes enough (but hear that washing too much causes bristle damage) or maybe I am buffing the product in too much and clogging my pores? I DON"T KNOW ALL I KNOW IS THAT I AM SUFFERING ITCHY AND IN PAIN. MY SKIN HURTS!! Liquid foundation never did this to me, whyyyyy did I decide to try minerals?!?! Should I return the products and get my money back .. should I wait and see if it was the monistat primer? ahhh !!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/7/2010 3:00:00 PM More reviews by tkjkkhon

When i first started using this product , I only had old acne scars that were healing on the right side of my face. I wanted to use this product to cover up my old scars. At first it seemed to work well but after a couple of weeks i started breaking out in spots that i have never broken out in, like my forehead and left side of my face. I thought it was the new moisturizer i was using so i continued on using the EM. I would notice a new zit every week. The more I broke out the more i tried to cover. The concealer didn't even cover that well for me. Then finally I realized it was probably the everyday minerals that was causing my breakouts. I stopped using it and used adovia acne cleaning products to clear it up. Now my weekly acne break outs have improved. My acne problem is slowly but surely healing. I wont be using any mineral makeup again. Right now im using physicians formula but the coverage could be alot better.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2010 8:00:00 PM More reviews by leeli86

First of all I'd like to say that this stuff makes BE foundations look like cheap cheap crap!! This is what I thought BE was supossed to be when I bought the starter kit and wasted $60. I wish someone had told me that what I was looking for was just a few clicks away for a fraction of the price sooner ($12 full size, $2.50 sample size). I have this in Fair and it is a good match for cool toned fair skin like mine. This gives great coverage for a mineral foundation (medium buildable) and is semi-matte with no glitter, shimmer, or sparkle (yay!!). I also got the flat top brush from everyday minerals and I'm wondering how I ever lived without it before! Only $10 and it's one of the softest brushes I own. Gives a beautiful application and can be used to buff or stipple on liquid foundation too. Overall really love this as an everyday foundation. One lippie off for only being available via the internet and I wish it had a locking sifter to avoid messes. Everyday Minerals gets extra points though for selling samples (still working on mine after 3 weeks wearing 3 or 4 times a week) and giving out free sample kits with any purchase!