Clean & Clear Continuous Control Acne Cleaner

3.6

Active: Benzoyl Peroxide (10%) Inactive: Glycerin, Petrolatum, Mineral Oil, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Water, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Zinc Lactate, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Menthol, Fragrance, Potassium Polyphosphate, Titanium Dioxide, Carbomer

on 1/25/2012 11:39:00 PM

I don't have acne, but I remember using this for some reason (I think I got it mistaken for something else). About 2 minutes after I washed my face with this, my face was on fire. The skin on my face started turning red, dry, flakey, itchy, & just irritated. I was in shock & I was trying to figure out why this happened. So, I grabbed the bottle of this & started reading it (something I should've done before putting this on my face). I realized for starters it was for acne which I don't have, & it contained a very high amount of benzyol peroxide....which I'm highly allergic to. This allergic reaction lasted for over a week. Throughout my whole vacation. Even if I had acne, I would never use this in a million years. People with sensitive skin....stay away from this.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Sadly, this didn't work for me :/ I didn't find it as overly drying as everyone said; I have oily skin

I don't even know if this classifies as a "breakout", but this product gave me a small whitehead on my cheek and forehead and two small pimples near my chin. It wasn't terrible, and I have them treated, they are gone now, but I wasn't thrilled either.

I'm not sure, but I think this cleanser is mainly for people with moderate to severe acne. I thinkkkk. Since theres 10% benzoyl peroxide and all. I really wanted this to work :/

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This stuff is really strong and I learned th perils of overwashing the hard way. Even though I only washed my face twice a day, I was using this both morning and night. I couldn't figure out why that would be making my skin worse and then I did a google search. Using something like this too often strips away your skin's protective outer layer and so it's more vulnerable to, well, everything--not to mention this stuff dries your face out something terrible. I have combination (mostly oily skin) and my entire face felt dry. In turn, it forced me to moisturize which my dermatologist told me is bad for oily skin. (Acne is caused by excess oil so why would you want to have to put on a thick moisturizer which will in turn make your face more greasy??). Overwashing and overexfoliating (a whole different issue--stupid olay pro x brush...) and using salicylic acid (which I'm allergic to) has really messed up my skin. Not only have I broken out more, but my skin hurts. A LOT. I can't wear makeup at all and showers are miserable. I've switched to only using cetaphil gentle cleanser. I thought the more products, the faster my acne will clear and that is completely wrong.,, learn from me and use this AT THE MOST once every 2 days.

Anyways, sorry about that but I wish I'd had that advice because I'm now facing at least 2 weeks before I can wear makeup and a month before my face is back to what it should be.

Now, the great thing about this product is that when it's used correctly, it cleans deep and does everything it claims--that's why I'm giving it five stars. I'll continue to use this 2 or 3 times a week after I've let my skin heal. Please don't be scared to use this product just be scared of what can happen if you over do it. Too much of anything is never good and this is no exception.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Works really well my blemishes dissapeared the next morning. If I use more than 3 times a week it dries my skin out

on 12/12/2011 11:51:00 PM

I used this in a pinch at my boyfriends when I forgot my cleanser at home. Every time I use it, any little spots I have magically disappear, bigger ones significantly shrink. I never put much stock in cleansers clearing your skin since the ingredients aren't on long enough, but somehow, this works. However, my sensitive skin does *not* like this. IDK if it doesn't like BP, or there is a different ingredient in this it doesn't like. If I use it too often, I get an itchy, dry rash on random areas of my face. It works so well for blemishes however, that I will continue to use it maybe once a week or as needed. I can tolerate using it that sporadically. One use doesn't dry my skin out or give me the rash, just leaves a pleasant tingly feeling.

Pros:
Works amazingly well on blemishes.

Cons:
Can't use very often if your skin is like mine
Extreme discomfort/burning if you get it in your eye. Be very careful.

on 12/5/2011 9:53:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really like this cleanser for my acne prone skin. BP seems like its the only medication that works well for my acne or at least quickly, and I like fast results! It does dry out your skin so I only use it once a day and when my breakouts are clear I just use a gentle face cleanser. But it has really helped to clear up my skin when other products could not.

on 12/2/2011 5:41:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I love this cleanser. I had really bad skin and still do. I had millia ( white dots under the skin) this cleanser has done wonders to my skin I wear less makeup and my skin feels clean. I have really oily skin and this works great for me I totally reccomend this cleanser

on 11/11/2011 1:18:00 AM

BEST Cleanser ever!!! This product has saved my skin. I use this in conjuction with Pro-Activ which I know may seem like a lot for someone's skin to go through...but its what works. :)

I love the tingling sensation this gives my skin...especially in the morning when its hard to wake up. This also helps remove my makeup at night.

This really has cut down my break outs and your skin does feel clean all day. I LOVE this product and recommend it to anyone who has cystic acne or mild acne...it will work. Give it a try!

on 11/1/2011 2:08:00 PM

I have the 5% BP cleanser and it has definitely helped reduce my breakouts. It applies nicely and makes your skin feel clean and cool but if it is very drying. I can see how it would age your skin if you use too much and/or don't moisturize adequately.

For my skin, using this once every 2-3 days is enough to control my breakouts, but when I first got it I used it daily until my breakouts cleared. On the other days I use Neutrogena Extra-Gentle cleanser twice a day, and I moisturize with straight up avocado oil. Between these products my skin stays clear and not dry.

So, yes, I highly recommend this product but avoid using it more than once every two days after your acne has cleared from daily use for this product.

on 11/1/2011 12:17:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

love love love this cleanser. have been using it for years. leaves a clean tingly feeling and is non-irritating. dramatically reduces my breakout (birth control has also reeeeally helped- sronyx). only need about a nickel-size to completely wash my entire face. the best cleanser so far. highly recommended!