April 17, 2014 | 1614 users online

Polishes - OPI - Mod About You

rated 2 of 5 on 4/15/2010 10:49:00 PM More reviews by SophiaCouture

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I <3 this color. I'm always look for nail polishes in these colors. The Color is very pretty however My manicurist had to put three coats on this to look even and its very sheer. i won't buy this again it was a complete break down ethier she didnt know what she was doing or the nail polish it self.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2010 10:27:00 AM More reviews by ButterFlo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a great baby pink color, very light and perfect for spring which is why I bought it. The formula works well for me, it is very opaque even from the first coat, the quality is very good. However I only rated it 4 stars because it doesn't suit my coloring that well, I have light warm-toned skin and I find that this would be perfect for cooler skin undertones. I am going to use it because it is really pretty but I wouldn't repurchase, I would just look for a warmer, coraly pink.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2010 1:32:00 AM More reviews by vanaily

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

I do like this color, it's like a pale cotton candy pink. I think it would be a nice spring color, I probably shouldn't be wearing it now. But I just couldn't help how pretty it was. lol

I agree with everyone else, the first coat is pretty streaky. But after the 2nd coat it's 100% opaque so I'm happy.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2010 8:45:00 AM More reviews by paintingitpink

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

When I first bought this bought this I didn't like it because the formula is somewhat difficult to work with. The colour is this thick pepto pismol shade, and because of its thicker consistency, it tends to streak if you don't get it entirely even. It really needs 2-3 thick and even coats to look right. Because you need to layer this thick polish it won't dry properly, and it would always smudge. As I got better at doing my own nails, I also discovered Seche Vite top coat. This stuff also takes some getting used to, but once you do, a thick and goopy nail polish like Mod About You, dried in 5 minutes WITHOUT CHIPPING. With this new top coat I LOVE this color. I wouldn't recommend this shade for beginners, because it is hard to apply, but if you're good at doing your own nails and you have Seche Vite give it a try. You won't be disappointed!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/30/2009 12:46:00 AM More reviews by pslovetoshop

I love OPI nail polishes. There is such a variety of colors, fairly long-lasting. 'Mod about you' is a pink-chalky (think white-out infused with baby pink) color and its the first OPI nail polish i have used which chips sooooo quickly!! The color is unique but not my cup of tea. There are too many other pretty colors out there.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/26/2009 1:38:00 AM More reviews by reveriepapillon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I received this as a gift from my big sister (<3) and I really do love the color a lot and decided to give it more tries and put it on again yesterday - but I agree with the other reviewers that said it's really hard to apply (streaky) and chips VERY easily. I think it's just because in order to get it even, you need to put at least two thick coats to even it out, so one little movement can cause a huge chip and it looks like those dinosaur eggs!...(well, cartoonish depictions of them, at least)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2009 3:36:00 PM More reviews by kickyouonce

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Mod About You is a totally gorgeous color on which I received many compliments when I wore it as a pedi color this summer.

As others have said, it's thick, it's chalky, it's mod - and it's truly an attention-grabber!!

I had no application issues, as others have.... This is definitely Top 20 material for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2009 12:22:00 PM More reviews by Mogs7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is beautiful. I have bought about 15 different Opi colours, including the smooth-applying Fairytail bride sheers, and I just received Mod about you and it is my favourite ever colour!
It is very pale strawberry pink, and applies completely opaque with the consitency of thick paint!! Very candy pink!
Application is thick but presentable for a fun look. For best result apply 1 coat (will be very streaky) allow to dry for 10 minutes, then apply a second coat which will smooth it out a lot. Then apply a topcoat which will remelt the layers and make them smoother. (has anyone else noticed that top coats do this?) And the top coat will give this creme polish a beautiful shine, and it looks so good. I used poshe top coat. I have medium dark african skin and long nails and it is my fave polish everrrr!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/15/2009 5:33:00 AM More reviews by nuls

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a really gorgous colour and i love opaque pastels. However i find it quite difficult to apply, it streaks when im applying it and chips easily. I have found this problem with other light pink polishes. It also highlights any ridges on my nails, even though i use nail tek foundation2. If this polish applied better I would repurchase however it just doesnt work for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2009 6:55:00 PM More reviews by facebylace

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this color!!! It a beautiful pale pink with a hint of lilac. I do agree that the first coat is quite streaky, but you should be applying two coats anyway, which cleans it right up. Definitely apply a top coat after that to ensure no chipping.

Gorgeous color, and I get compliments on it all the time.