La Mer Skincolor De La Mer - The Powder - Poudre de La Mer

4.5

Talc, Ethylene-Methacrylate Copolymer, Polyperfluoromethylisopropyl Ether, Calcium Stearate, Tourmaline, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Melachite, Phaeodactylum Tricornotum Extract, Silica, Caprylic-Capric Triglyceride, Lauroyl, Calcium Carbonate, Dehydroacetic Acid, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Iron Oxides (CI 77491 / CI 77492), Red 30 Lake (CI 73360), Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Farric Farrocyanide (CI 77510), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850).

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

best. powder. ever. Im a huge fan of La Mer's liquid foundation, and use this over it. (Next purchase will be their new concealer...). This powder is so light, I dont know how they make it like that. Its unlike any loose powder Ive used. I was using clinique and laura mercier's translucent loose powders, but those are crap compared to this. Also, this powder looks very shimmery, but it is NOT like that on your skin. I was afraid of that because I have large pores and shimmer makes them look bigger. but this powder actually made my pores look smaller, if that was possible. It sets the foundation perfectly, doesnt disrupt the color or oxidize, and my skin looks like I dont have any makeup on, it just looks like natural good clear skin (and my skin is not all that great). No caking, no flakes, no powdery look. Perfect. $65 is a lot for powder, but you get a lot. the container is so huge, its the only thing I dont like. and its plastic. I wish it was smaller and glass, like the foundation bottle. It comes with a medium sized velvet powder puff with "La Mer" across the ribbon. La Mer is becoming my new favorite brand for skincare AND makeup, Im constantly being impressed with each new product I buy. Definitely worth a repurchase. ***update*** 01/12/2011 - I have used this powder pretty much every day since buying it, and I have about 1/4 left! I had no idea it would last so long. I still love it, and will repurchase when I run out, but that might not be until June!

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I would probably review this product lower if I didn't have such a specialized use for it. I use this product as a blush for my cheeks, after having applied liquid foundation and setting my face with another finishing powder, Chanel Poudre Cristalline. I dip my blush brush into the powder, tap of excess, then lightly sweep over each cheek. I use this in translucent, which has a slight shimmer to it. Also, the colour of the translucent powder isn't completely sheer, do I do feel it adds a little flush of colour. Since I only use it for this purpose, the price isn't bad at all, and it will last me a loooong time. I actually enjoy the packaging, as it's very luxe, but to take it with me would be inconvenient. Lastly, I have very oily skin, and I don't find this powder to be matte enough to use as my finishing powder of choice.

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

My sis bought this for me in Florida at Neiman Marcus for $65. Here in Canada, it retails for $90 at Holt Renfrew. Even with the exchange it is cheaper in the States...so I scored big time !! On to the product. This powder is out of this world...definitely HG. It is finely milled and is wonderful at setting my foundation. It is never chalky and lasts all day. This powder will never make you look ghostly like some loose powders are notorious for. The jar is quite big so it will last a very long time. It's worth it's weight in gold. I will never experiment with any other brand of loose powder again. This is it...true love....

I WAS SEARCHING FOR A GOOD POWDER FOR LONG TIME NOW AND I HAVE TRY MANY OF THEM .I WAS REALLY DISSAPOINTED BECAUSE MY SKIN IS DRY SO IT WAS DIFFICULT TO FIND ONE TO NOT MAKE MY SKIN LOOKS MORE DRY THAN IT IS.I SAW REVIEWS HERE ABOUT THE LA MER POWDER AND I DECIDED TO GIVE A TRY TO THIS ONE TOO.IT IS REALLY AMAIZING PRODUCT,I HAVE IT IN #5,TRANSLUCENT AND MAKES MY SKIN SO BEAUTIFUL AND FRESH!!!IT STAYS ALL DAY LONG,IT GIVES A PERFECT GLOW(NO,NO GLITTERY OR SPARKLY)JUST NATURAL GLOW.IT DOESNT STAY ON LINES OR DOESNT MAKE MY SKIN DRY.ITS JUST PERFECT.IT SEEMS EXPENSIVE BUT ITS A BIG (HEAVY I HAVE TO SAY)JAR AND CONTAINS A REALLY FINE POWDER WHICH 100%WORTHS THE MONEY YOU PAY.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

got a good sized sample from a very generous friend. i really wanted to try this, well anything in the line, it's la mer after all! plus the reviews on this are mainly good. i just dont like it at all on me. i feel it looks too shiny not in a shimmery, but still way too disco ball kind of way. i don't see a soft focus look, i just see an unnatural finish that i would not pay ds prices for.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE ~*~sing to the heavens I'm in love!!!~*~ LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!!!!! Can you tell I love this product? :D It's so wonderful that I'm convinced it the absolute best and I don't want to try another brand of loose powder ever again. (I have it in Translucent.) Ultra finely milled, fluffy, with the tiniest sprinkling of light reflecting sparkles -- it's literally fairy dust if such a thing exists. Melts into and becomes one with the skin -- whether or not I wear foundation, I brush this on and it makes my skin looks 100% better and more glowy. Sets makeup beautifully and the best part -- never cakes or makes my skin itchy, even in humid weather. One jar is gigantic and will last at least a year or two. Yes, the container is cumbersome, but the powder can easily be decanted into a smaller sifter jar. Don't be scared to splurge on this stuff - it's divine!

The best powder out there! I have the translucent powder. I love the shimmery particles. The powder is very fine so it make my skin look flawless. However, the jar is quite heavy.

I'm a product junkie and found La Mer Loose Powder three years ago. You literally can't see it after a couple minutes on the skin, yet look clearer and firmer. I don't use foundation and love how this evens out the tone without putting on a lot of make up. I wish the bottle wasn't so clunky, but you do get a lot of product for the price. One bottle lasts me at least a year. I've tried most of the high end department store and fine make up lines, and this is the best in my opinion. I just wish they'd come out with a travel size. Highly, highly recommend.

Best loose powder ever! It is lightweight, super finely milled and gourgous! I use the creme one, over the creme La Mer foundation, and it is an amazing combination. However, it does work well with any other liquid foundation. I have the La Praire loose powder as well, and even thou the La Praire is nice and finely milled too, somehow it like this one a lot better. It could be the color, i am not exactly sure what it is. But I like the La Mer a lot more. Highly recommend it.

I love this powder. I use all of the La Mer line and the powder is so lightweight and finely milled. It is the best loose powder I have found. The jar is a bit cumbersome thought. It is very heavy and large making it hard to fit for travel, but I cant do without this powder.

Recommended for Normal Skin