October 30, 2014 | 1691 users online

Loose Powders - La Mer - Skincolor De La Mer - The Powder - Poudre de La Mer

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2009 5:32:00 PM More reviews by DANED

I WAS SEARCHING FOR A GOOD POWDER FOR LONG TIME NOW AND I HAVE TRY MANY OF THEM .I WAS REALLY DISSAPOINTED BECAUSE MY SKIN IS DRY SO IT WAS DIFFICULT TO FIND ONE TO NOT MAKE MY SKIN LOOKS MORE DRY THAN IT IS.I SAW REVIEWS HERE ABOUT THE LA MER POWDER AND I DECIDED TO GIVE A TRY TO THIS ONE TOO.IT IS REALLY AMAIZING PRODUCT,I HAVE IT IN #5,TRANSLUCENT AND MAKES MY SKIN SO BEAUTIFUL AND FRESH!!!IT STAYS ALL DAY LONG,IT GIVES A PERFECT GLOW(NO,NO GLITTERY OR SPARKLY)JUST NATURAL GLOW.IT DOESNT STAY ON LINES OR DOESNT MAKE MY SKIN DRY.ITS JUST PERFECT.IT SEEMS EXPENSIVE BUT ITS A BIG (HEAVY I HAVE TO SAY)JAR AND CONTAINS A REALLY FINE POWDER WHICH 100%WORTHS THE MONEY YOU PAY.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2009 12:06:00 AM More reviews by chayaNY

got a good sized sample from a very generous friend. i really wanted to try this, well anything in the line, it's la mer after all! plus the reviews on this are mainly good. i just dont like it at all on me. i feel it looks too shiny not in a shimmery, but still way too disco ball kind of way. i don't see a soft focus look, i just see an unnatural finish that i would not pay ds prices for.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2009 2:22:00 PM More reviews by ECMac25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE ~*~sing to the heavens I'm in love!!!~*~ LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!!!!! Can you tell I love this product? :D It's so wonderful that I'm convinced it the absolute best and I don't want to try another brand of loose powder ever again. (I have it in Translucent.) Ultra finely milled, fluffy, with the tiniest sprinkling of light reflecting sparkles -- it's literally fairy dust if such a thing exists. Melts into and becomes one with the skin -- whether or not I wear foundation, I brush this on and it makes my skin looks 100% better and more glowy. Sets makeup beautifully and the best part -- never cakes or makes my skin itchy, even in humid weather. One jar is gigantic and will last at least a year or two. Yes, the container is cumbersome, but the powder can easily be decanted into a smaller sifter jar. Don't be scared to splurge on this stuff - it's divine!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2009 12:43:00 AM More reviews by huyan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

The best powder out there! I have the translucent powder. I love the shimmery particles. The powder is very fine so it make my skin look flawless. However, the jar is quite heavy.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2009 4:11:00 AM More reviews by c4ward

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm a product junkie and found La Mer Loose Powder three years ago. You literally can't see it after a couple minutes on the skin, yet look clearer and firmer. I don't use foundation and love how this evens out the tone without putting on a lot of make up. I wish the bottle wasn't so clunky, but you do get a lot of product for the price. One bottle lasts me at least a year. I've tried most of the high end department store and fine make up lines, and this is the best in my opinion. I just wish they'd come out with a travel size. Highly, highly recommend.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2009 1:56:00 PM More reviews by babyscorpion

Best loose powder ever! It is lightweight, super finely milled and gourgous! I use the creme one, over the creme La Mer foundation, and it is an amazing combination. However, it does work well with any other liquid foundation. I have the La Praire loose powder as well, and even thou the La Praire is nice and finely milled too, somehow it like this one a lot better. It could be the color, i am not exactly sure what it is. But I like the La Mer a lot more. Highly recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2009 2:58:00 PM More reviews by mprjcr04

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this powder. I use all of the La Mer line and the powder is so lightweight and finely milled. It is the best loose powder I have found. The jar is a bit cumbersome thought. It is very heavy and large making it hard to fit for travel, but I cant do without this powder.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2009 8:01:00 PM More reviews by rbyars1

Man oh Man...That Jar! Geesh...Makes a good paperweight I guess, ha. I could have easily done without the clunky jar, so as soon as I got home, the powder got transferred to a more reasonable and less heavy PLASTIC container with a screw top lid. Now on to the product, so far it's wonderful, light and airy with a silky feel but also has a bit of coverage as well but I have only had it one day. Will update after a week or so. Just for reference, I am fair to light skin and bought the powder in color CREME01. I took a look at the others also, Translucent was too shimmery for my taste and Neutral was too dark. Creme seems to be a good match**UPDATE- Ok this stuff, for a pricey as it is, has ZERO oil control and dissapears in a couple of hours. Plus I think the talc is clogging my pores...booooooooo**

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2009 1:52:00 PM More reviews by mtvsux

Best loose I've ever used. I have becca, but this one is way better. I am an nc30 about, and I can use the translucent and the #3, Beige. The translucent is perfectly sheer with a tad of shimmer, no sparkles, and gives a perfect glow while the 4 color powders are translucent and have no shimmer at all, both have their place. But both are absolutely weightless and are like air. They are perfect. The container is thick glass, so while it's very luxe, it's actually quite heavy. Rumor is they're soon going to come in plastic! I would prefer this. The price is $65. Easily worth it, i do not have a problem with that price. And the size is actually 25g compared to becca's 15g. oh, and it's not really an oil absorbing powder, it will leave you with a natural type finish, so if you are oily and are looking to keep you matte this is probably not the one for you.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2009 11:47:00 AM More reviews by proflady

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I adore this powder! I have it in translucent, as I am super PPP and was worried that the other shades would be too dark. It gives me exactly the finish that I want -- natural and glowy -- and it lasts all day. My skin is normal/slightly combo, so I'm not sure how this would be on very oily skin, but with mine it blots any shine without a masky, matte finish. It makes me glow with the faintest hint of shimmer, but it is certainly not really shimmery. It also makes a great base for powder blush. I have gotten compliments on my skin since wearing it. Also, and I KNOW that this might sound crazy, but I swear that it is good for my skin. My skin has gotten more even since I started wearing it. Maybe a coincidence, but I thought that I would mention it. The only downside is the packaging. They have switched to a less ridiculously heavy jar recently, but it is still bulky. You definitely need to sift some out to travel. But for me that's a small price to pay for a powder that leaves my skin looking so incredible.

Bye bye Becca powder! Hello La Mer!