February 1, 2015 | 2099 users online

Primer/ Corrector - BeneFit Cosmetics - Dr Feelgood

rated 1 of 5 on 5/17/2012 2:03:00 PM More reviews by lilmi

Upon immediate application skin feels silky smooth. 5 minutes later you feel like an oil slick, your oily parts will be shining away and your dry areas will look ashy.

Not only does this product feel horrible it actually does nothing other than cause a few breakouts. The packaging seems unhygienic too; a dense sponge and a tin.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/1/2012 4:03:00 PM More reviews by brownsauce07

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Personally I feel that this product is so overrated. The packaging is cool but there is little if any hygiene consideration. The sponge applicator ends up smearing off the foundation/makeup that you have and then gets mixed up with the primer. Does not look attractive. They should have used a tube like packaging for the hygiene of it all. As for the formula itself, well, to be honest with you, upon initial application it is ok, but after a while it can go a bit gritty on the skin and the smell of it lingers on your skin all day. It does cover pores and acts as an ok primer - but nothing too special. There are better primers out there.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/11/2012 6:47:00 PM More reviews by Kawarigoi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I currently have the Dr. Feelgood "sample" size. I give this product an overall rating of 3/5, for now. I am positive I will change this review in the next 24 hours.

When I first sampled this product, I took a quick swab from my right index finger onto the surface of my left hand. I absolutely loved the results. What drew me in to this product was the way it glided across my skin and the flawless complexion. When I purchased my little tin, I was astonished to find that it came with a little sponge. I have no idea how to use to product on my face, or the product onto the sponge onto my face.

After a few days of frustration, I started using Dr. Feelgood in this manner: in the morning, I would rest my index finger on the product for a bit and make small circles. You could say that I'm warming up the product. From previous experience, I found that if I just wanted to apply it quickly that the product would dry out immensely fast. I would find dried up product on my finger. As for the sponge, I left it alone. I am debating on heating up the tin with my blow dryer next time I plan on using it or doing an experiment with an empty lipstick case and making a 'stick' out of this product.

Again, my overall rating is 3/5. It looks like it works on my hands and also, the times when I can get it on my face but the application is absolutely horrid.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2012 4:02:00 PM More reviews by Laiscg

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have a love-hate relationship with this product... I use it as a primer, before foundation. It always makes my skin look flawless! when I wear it, it seems any acne scars or large pores disappear, and the makeup lasts forever, never melt or smear under any condition (and I mean any!) It's amazing! and then, the next day: break outs. Always, every time I use it. But how can I give up on this if it makes my skin look perfect all night and morning long?? (mind you, my skin is oily and far from perfect, and there isn't any foundation on earth that can last magically as when I wear dr feelgood). So, what I do is to wear it only on special occasions.
packaging: The tin is super cute, but I'm not a fan of the sponge.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2012 5:32:00 PM More reviews by luxed2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Don't understand all the neg reviews on this one. It soaks up my t-zone oil like nothing else and never gets dry or cakey. I think this is a good choice for those who have both oily & dry areas. Also, this should be dabbed on, not rubbed in. Clinique Instant Perfector used to be the best oil-control product for me, however since its recent reformulation it doesn't work as well anymore.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/20/2012 7:42:00 PM More reviews by Rapt1m3

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Before I wore "real" makeup (tinted moisturizer, foundation, etc) on a daily basis, I would just use dabs of concealer and a bit of this stuff to mattify my oily skin.

For a while I really liked it. In moderation, it makes your skin soft and velvety. Use too much and you feel like you smothered yourself in Crisco.

Beyond the mattifying effect, it also keeps your skin hydrated. I always thought of it as combining the effects of pressed powder and moisturizer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2012 10:06:00 AM More reviews by JasmineJolene

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This seems to be a love or hate product. I LOVE it! As a primer, I was using Lanacaine Anti-Chafing gel (as ir's known in the UK) which is about £7 a tube and lasts fairly well. I decided to try this when I was up late and saw a Mally make up compact that looked similar.

First off, there are several different ways to use this product, and you really need to experiment. The girl at the counter applied it over PoreFessional for me, which gave a flawless look - sadly the budget didn't stretch to both. I use it as a primer under my Rebel Lite tinted moisturiser as it gives a lovely matte, smooth base and disguises my gigantic pores. When using a full foundation though (such as Revlon Colourstay, or recently purchased Max Factor Lasting Performance) I simply moisturise my face, then apply the foundation. THEN, I dab Dr Feelgood over the top. This has a blotting effect, and if I was a fan of the dewy look I could probably get away with it just like that. I however then dust with translucent powder. It gives a smooth, natural look and really does seem to minimise pores. It also makes my make up last longer, and wear more evenly where I do need to reapply (really just my nose).

I also love the smell :)

rated 2 of 5 on 2/25/2012 4:12:00 AM More reviews by bunnygrl468

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

I tried Dr. Feelgood because my sister gave it away to me. Now I understand why she decided to give it away... because it's bad! As an oily person, I must say this was a disappointment...
When I applied it, the finish way matte, but then it sadly flaked my skin. Later on in the day, I became super oily! Oilier than ever! This was during the summer and I usually put on my powder foundation. Obviously, the foundation wasn't at fault...

rated 2 of 5 on 2/20/2012 7:38:00 PM More reviews by Beautyaddict92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I wish I could like Dr Feelgood, I honestly do. The problem is, I have NO idea how I'm supposed to use it. I bought it in a Benefit gift set and have made use out of everything else I got in it, apart from this. I've read many reviews and 'how to' blogs online yet I'm still none the wiser. Is it really a primer? When I've used it in a typical primer way, my skin makes no difference, if anything it turns redder and creates red, dry patches. I honestly don't know how I feel about this product. I think I could grow to like it if I knew its purpose.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2012 10:55:00 AM More reviews by jenny_jupiter

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I haven't written a review in forever, but I had to break radio silence to talk about this divisive product. I bought this on a whim, then read reviews, but I'm surprised to find myself using it every day and really liking it.

If you've read the reviews, one thing is clear: Dr. Feelgood works for different people in different ways. Some people insist it goes under makeup, others that it goes over makeup. My recommendation: experiment and see what works for you.

As a minimalist who hates foundation and usually has to blot oil two or three times during a work day (despite having dry skin), here's what works for me: Dr. Feelgood on bare skin (after moisturizing) alone controls oil, evens skin tone, and makes me look polished but very natural. When I use it on bare skin and then top with pressed powder, it gives me a really nice, near-flawless look with decent oil control. The best for oil control is when I use primer (good old Monistat anti-chafing gel) and then Dr. Feelgood on top. I don't have to blot oil at all throughout the day. Maybe it's weird to use two primers, but the combination really does the trick for an all day matte look. Of course, if these reviews prove anything, it's that your mileage WILL vary.

When I first decided to write this review, I was sure I would select that I would not by this product again for one simple reason: THE SMELL. Good grief, is the smell strong (like furniture polish as others have said). However, after a couple of weeks of use, I still don't love the smell but I'm used to it, and I like the results enough to deal with the scent and buy the product again. If Benefit would create a lighter scent or unscented version of this product, I would buy Dr. Feelbood forever. The smell is the only reason I gave this three stars instead of four.

UPDATE - I changed this to four lippies because I've repurchased it TWICE since the last review and it turns out, I freaking love this stuff. I pat it on over foundation (I started wearing foundation, too) and my face looks great all day. And I did get used to the smell.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No