October 20, 2014 | 1389 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Voluminous in Carbon Black

rated 2 of 5 on 11/11/2013 10:36:00 PM More reviews by dont

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

For something named carbon, I didn't find it any darker than any other black mascara. No clumps however smears way too easily. On lower lashes, I looked like the crying version of Tammy Fay Baker within half an hour of application.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/7/2013 2:07:00 AM More reviews by yoyolanda

A great base but would never finish with this alone. Very goopy and not for beginners.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/26/2013 1:45:00 PM More reviews by SaraKayH

I am very conflicted on this product. It goes on great blah blah but it does not stay....at all. it's like it just doesn't dry. it stays almost like a gel. I hate it. it comes off 5 minutes later and I have to keep reapplying and reapplying and reapplying. a waste of money

rated 4 of 5 on 10/14/2013 5:51:00 PM More reviews by marieben

This mascara gives great volume and length. it rarely clumps and makes your lashes look dark and defined. i like the brush and the product doesn't dry out quickly. it doesn't flake. it looks great on the lashes. the problem is it SMUDGES LIKE CRAZY. i bought the waterproof version because i have problems with smudging and this smudged like no other mascara i have tried. it smudges the whole day and not just a little, it smudges a lot! you put it on, half an hour later you have smudges and i constantly wipe it off but it smudges again an hour later. its so sad that it does this because this would be a really great mascara if it didn't. also since i bought the waterproof version it it kinda hard to remove. overall i would not repurchase this mascara because of the smudging problem.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/5/2013 12:25:00 PM More reviews by MightyMascara

Dang no clumps!!

it millionizes way more the the voluminess million lashes does!!

I love it very much it volumizes very easily, the only problem is it get a lot on the tip of the applicator when you take it out, but still worth it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2013 9:38:00 AM More reviews by Walko

This is the only drug store mascara I'll use. I'm not a make up snob,but when it comes to mascara I find given my type of lashes(non existant) I fair better with high end mascaras, Dior Blackout being my favourite.However,this one is very good.It does take a few uses to "come to" but when it does it builds long thick dark lashes without clumping or smudging.Layers very well.Nice black, easily removed.Not as good as Dior,but hey , for the price this is a jewel at the drug store.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/1/2013 7:24:00 PM More reviews by apkeating

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm not sure if I would repurchase this. My new fave (Too Faced Better than Sex) is getting dry and I didn't feel like going to Sephora to get a new one so I took a recommendation from a friend that I would like this one since I like super voluminous lashes.

I much prefer the curved brush of the Too Faced, and this one is straighter. It also is wetter and WAYYY more product comes off on the brush when you pull the wand out of the tube. I don't know if that's mine or if the stopper sucks. The color is great. The carbon black is awesome, but it's NOT smudgeproof, and I usually NEVER have a problem with smudges. I have to be very careful and let it "set" before I move while I"m putting on my mascara and let it dry. I notice more smudges under my lower lashes than on the top.

If my eyes get wet at all, it gets everywhere. If I were to repurchase, I might try the waterproof even though I hate WP mascaras. But I think that the wetness of it annoys me to the point where I'll go back to Too Faced. I'll finish this one up first, but that one's awesome.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2013 3:18:00 PM More reviews by jacbaby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Probably my favorite mascara. Very good and it is the best in Carbon Black. I have no problem with smudging or anything. Only downside for me is that it can get messy while applying and i end up getting mascara on my nose sometimes! However, take a qtip and wipe it off! I definitely by far prefer this mascara over Benefit's They're Real and Benefit's Bad Gal Lash. Those only lengthen but this baby lengthens, thickens, and volumizes!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/24/2013 2:02:00 AM More reviews by Lashes318

Okay, so I had bought this a while ago and I fell in love with it. It gave me AMAZING volume and length. It was my GG for a little while but then like most of us we like to venture off and try new mascaras but I've recently come back to it and I'm sad to say that it is no longer my favorite. It does separate nicely and thickness as I said but it SMUDGES on my lids about 2 hours after application and girls we all know that's not a cute look on anybody. It never used to bother me I just used to wipe it away or throw a little powder there but I hate doing that now and I need stg better. Sry L'oreal but I'm movin on. Although I would repurchase this in a pinch cause I know the amazing volume it gives me but for regular day wear, no more.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/23/2013 7:49:00 PM More reviews by Missylou80

This product went on beautifully, I absolutely loved it! But it started to melt on my face and I had the waterproof kind so no matter what I did to fix it, it wouldn't budge. So I had to walk around school with melted mascara for the whole day. TERRIBLY EMBARRASSING! I do not recommend this stuff at all! Find a different mascara, don't buy this cheap junk.