October 22, 2014 | 2162 users online

Gels/Soaps - St. Ives - Oatmeal and Shea Butter Body Wash

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2011 1:29:00 PM More reviews by BethanyBez

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My favorite thing about this product is that a 16 oz. bottle will cost you much less than a 12 oz. bottle of body wash from a comparable brand. It's so cheap! And I have no complaints. I mean, it's nothing prolific, but it lathers up nicely (I can easily use it as a shaving lubricant as well), smells great, and leaves my skin clean and soft. I don't see a reason to try anything else at the moment.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/28/2011 8:29:00 PM More reviews by ckunkel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Nice, doesn't dry skin out or make me itch. Price is nice and low.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2011 6:19:00 PM More reviews by Lotionaddict69

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Green

I use this a lot it cleans really nicely and smells pretty good. Sometimes I need a break from the scent which is precisely why I have like three to four body washes in my shower. But this is one that I tend to come back to.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2011 7:41:00 AM More reviews by lauralovebug

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

There's never not a bottle of this in my shower. I am a bit of a soap addict so I am always buying and trying all kinds of new soaps from super expensive to dirt cheap and everything in-between. No matter how far and wide I search, I always come back to this soap. It is the best all 'round liquid soap I have found. So gentle, so moisturizing, lathers a thick frothy lather with even the teeniest amount, and the smell is truly soothing and wonderful, I never get tired of it. I actually even use this when I shave and it does a better job than most of the shaving creams I have purchased in the past, so I just stick to this and it does a beautiful job. Not only is this a fantastic soap that performs better than a lot of high-end soaps... but it is only 2 dollars and some change. YOU CAN'T BEAT IT. The end.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2011 2:10:00 AM More reviews by yeboonie

I think it is the best body wash that wonderfully cleans and moisturizes at the same time. I especially love using this in the winter time. I feel like I am wearing water all over my body when I wash my body with it in the shower. Does it make a sense to you? If you try this, you will kind of figure out what I was trying to say. I also want to highly recommend Salux Nylon Japanese Bath Towel to use it with this body wash. It 's an amazing shower towel that upgrades shower time.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2011 2:39:00 AM More reviews by rheaZ

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Winter HG. I shower every night, and while the vanilla smell can be a bit strong for some during the shower (I like it), it's nice and soothing after you towel off.
It leaves my skin perfectly balanced and even in the winter I don't need half as much body lotion as I did with L'Occitane's Shea bar which I used before this.
The packaging stays intact during travel but opens easily in the shower. The shape isn't bulky, which is another positive.
The best part is the price. One bottle lasts me a couple months with daily use, and costs around $3.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2011 6:27:00 AM More reviews by psmitty

Unfortunately, it irritated certain *ahem* areas within the first use and I had to stop using it. I was looking for a replacement for my Aveeno wash, as they changed the formula and I found it irritating too. Otherwise its a pleasant, not-too-drying product with a strong, sweet scent. I wanted to like this, but it's too irritating. The search continues!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2011 1:31:00 PM More reviews by kohana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a good, basic body wash! You get a lot for a low price. It's nothing fancy, but it works!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2011 2:50:00 AM More reviews by ohhellojanie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm on my second bottle of this body wash, and I plan on repurchasing it forever. I have combination/oily skin that is prone to KP and I do get breakouts on my body occasionally. Other shower gels (Dial, I'm talking to you) get my skin feeling squeaky clean, but they also seem to make my skin problems worse. This shower gel is the only one I've ever used that makes my skin feel very, very clean but still soft and calmed, not stripped and irritated. As a testament to its wonderful gentleness, I have really sensitive skin on my face and other soaps and washes, especially scented ones, dry my skin out and cause redness and itchiness. I actually use this ON MY FACE every day to remove my eye makeup and foundation (in combination with a scrublet-type cleansing tool). Because of the shea butter's creaminess, it does a good job at melting most of my makeup off at the end of the day, and it doesn't irritate my skin at all while leaving my face feeling clean. Even if you don't get this extra use out of it, it's an awesome body wash, and it's only around $2 for a big bottle at most places. I'd be heartbroken if St. Ives ever discontinues this!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2011 3:45:00 PM More reviews by faithdeisler

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This body wash leaves your skin smooth & smelling good. I have dry & oily skin. This body wash just simply does the trick to where I don't have to deal with the constant dry feeling & oily feeling. I would seriously buy this again. Great product!