September 2, 2014 | 949 users online

Gels/Soaps - St. Ives - Oatmeal and Shea Butter Body Wash

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2011 6:19:00 PM More reviews by Lotionaddict69

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Green

I use this a lot it cleans really nicely and smells pretty good. Sometimes I need a break from the scent which is precisely why I have like three to four body washes in my shower. But this is one that I tend to come back to.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2011 7:41:00 AM More reviews by lauralovebug

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

There's never not a bottle of this in my shower. I am a bit of a soap addict so I am always buying and trying all kinds of new soaps from super expensive to dirt cheap and everything in-between. No matter how far and wide I search, I always come back to this soap. It is the best all 'round liquid soap I have found. So gentle, so moisturizing, lathers a thick frothy lather with even the teeniest amount, and the smell is truly soothing and wonderful, I never get tired of it. I actually even use this when I shave and it does a better job than most of the shaving creams I have purchased in the past, so I just stick to this and it does a beautiful job. Not only is this a fantastic soap that performs better than a lot of high-end soaps... but it is only 2 dollars and some change. YOU CAN'T BEAT IT. The end.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2011 2:10:00 AM More reviews by yeboonie

I think it is the best body wash that wonderfully cleans and moisturizes at the same time. I especially love using this in the winter time. I feel like I am wearing water all over my body when I wash my body with it in the shower. Does it make a sense to you? If you try this, you will kind of figure out what I was trying to say. I also want to highly recommend Salux Nylon Japanese Bath Towel to use it with this body wash. It 's an amazing shower towel that upgrades shower time.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2011 2:39:00 AM More reviews by rheaZ

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Winter HG. I shower every night, and while the vanilla smell can be a bit strong for some during the shower (I like it), it's nice and soothing after you towel off.
It leaves my skin perfectly balanced and even in the winter I don't need half as much body lotion as I did with L'Occitane's Shea bar which I used before this.
The packaging stays intact during travel but opens easily in the shower. The shape isn't bulky, which is another positive.
The best part is the price. One bottle lasts me a couple months with daily use, and costs around $3.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2011 6:27:00 AM More reviews by psmitty

Unfortunately, it irritated certain *ahem* areas within the first use and I had to stop using it. I was looking for a replacement for my Aveeno wash, as they changed the formula and I found it irritating too. Otherwise its a pleasant, not-too-drying product with a strong, sweet scent. I wanted to like this, but it's too irritating. The search continues!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2011 1:31:00 PM More reviews by kohana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a good, basic body wash! You get a lot for a low price. It's nothing fancy, but it works!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2011 2:50:00 AM More reviews by ohhellojanie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm on my second bottle of this body wash, and I plan on repurchasing it forever. I have combination/oily skin that is prone to KP and I do get breakouts on my body occasionally. Other shower gels (Dial, I'm talking to you) get my skin feeling squeaky clean, but they also seem to make my skin problems worse. This shower gel is the only one I've ever used that makes my skin feel very, very clean but still soft and calmed, not stripped and irritated. As a testament to its wonderful gentleness, I have really sensitive skin on my face and other soaps and washes, especially scented ones, dry my skin out and cause redness and itchiness. I actually use this ON MY FACE every day to remove my eye makeup and foundation (in combination with a scrublet-type cleansing tool). Because of the shea butter's creaminess, it does a good job at melting most of my makeup off at the end of the day, and it doesn't irritate my skin at all while leaving my face feeling clean. Even if you don't get this extra use out of it, it's an awesome body wash, and it's only around $2 for a big bottle at most places. I'd be heartbroken if St. Ives ever discontinues this!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2011 3:45:00 PM More reviews by faithdeisler

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This body wash leaves your skin smooth & smelling good. I have dry & oily skin. This body wash just simply does the trick to where I don't have to deal with the constant dry feeling & oily feeling. I would seriously buy this again. Great product!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2010 1:21:00 AM More reviews by lisaf6501

This is probably one of the best body washes I've used and also one of the cheapest. It really makes a difference in my dry winter skin. It almost feels silky! I love the light but pleasant scent, too. This is a truly wonderful product, and you can't beat the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2010 3:46:00 PM More reviews by Prystl1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I Love this product because of the fact that its inexpensive, easy to find, and it does wonders on itchy, sensitive skin. I used to be itchy all the time due to my ultra sensitive skin - I would get allergies in hotels or when trying on clothes or even just working out (and working up a sweat). I couldn't find a solution to this problem until i tried aveeno anti itch soap but then i realized that this would work just the same at a lower cost. I do feel that aveeno works better but at the price of st. ives - its just a better deal.