Olay Complete All Day Moisturize Cream with Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 15 Sensitive

Ingredients EU version *NOT US VERSION*: Aqua, Glycerin, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Niacinamide, Dimethicone, Polyethylene, Isopropyl Palmitate, Octocrylene, Phenylbenzimidazole Sulfonic Acid, Aloe Vera Gel, Chamomilla Recutita, Tocopheryl Acetate, Panthenol, Propylene Glycol, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Dimethiconol, Cetearyl Glucoside, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Sodium Acrylates Copolymer, Arachidyl Alcohol, Benzyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Myristyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Myristic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Sorbitan Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, C12-13 Pareth-3, Laureth-7, Triethanolamine, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Disodium EDTA, Ethylparaben, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Sodium Methylparaben, Sodium Propylparaben. Ingredients classic US version: Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 6%, Zinc Oxide 3%. Inactive Ingredients: Water, Isohexadecane, Glycerin, Polyacrylamide C13-14 Isoparaffin, Laureth-7, Cyclopentasiloxane, PEG/PPG-20/20 Dimethicone, Steareth 21, Stearyl Alcohol, Sucrose Polycottonseedate, Behenyl Alcohol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Cetyl Alcohol, DMDM Hydantoin, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Disodium EDTA, Steareth 2, Oleth-3 Phosphate. Ingredients new US version: ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: 5.0% OCTISALATE, 3.0% AVOBENZONE, 3.0% HOMOSALATE, 2.6% OCTOCRYLENE. ALSO CONTAINS: WATER, GLYCERIN, DIMETHICONE, NIACINAMIDE, PENTYLENE GLYCOL, CETYL ALCOHOL, STEARYL ALCOHOL, BEHENYL ALCOHOL, ALOE BARBADENSIS LEAF JUICE, PANTHENOL, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, ISOHEXADECANE, POLYSORBATE 60, DIMETHICONOL, CETEARYL GLUCOSIDE, CETEARYL ALCOHOL, BENZYL ALCOHOL, HYDROXYETHYL ACRYLATE/SODIUM ACRYLOYLDIMETHYL TAURATE COPOLYMER, ASCORBIC ACID, STEARIC ACID, METHYLPARABEN, ETHYLPARABEN, PROPYLPARABEN, PEG-4 LAURATE, PEG-4 DILAURATE, IODOPROPYNYL BUTYLCARBAMATE, PEG-4, DISODIUM EDTA, PEG-100 STEARATE.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I've used this moisturizer once and I loved it! the only reason I didn't go back to it last time because it was out of stock when I was buying, but I wish I had waited for it.

I have combination skin, and this moisturizer gave a nice balance between moisturizing but didn't make my face feel greasy whatsoever; I've found with some companies in the past that the moisturizers leave a bit of a residue (and it's not the result of using too much because I use too little moisturizer if anything), but I didn't have that problem with this product. Some mornings, I tried blending it with my foundation and it went on really well; I hardly had to wait for my skin to absorb the moisturizer before doing the rest of my makeup.

I like the size of the bottle (neither too big to pack nor too small that you have to replace it every other week) and it's a pretty good price. I like that it has SPF 15, and I was very pleased to find that it had both UVA and UVB protection. The only reason I've given this 4/5 is that I haven't used it in a couple months and I want to try it again before I call it my HG of moisturizers.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is a good product. It is my staple moisturizer currently.

Pros:
-light
-doesn't break me out (hallelujah)

Cons:
-white tint
-not very moisturizing

Overall, I am still searching for my HG. I will use this till I find it or something better.

on 6/24/2009 9:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

A good product for those who has really sensitive skin. It doesn't contain any harsh ingredients which is a plus for those with sensitive skin. For me who has both sensitive and combination skin, this moisturizer actually made my face appear more oily especially around T-zone area. I find that it was not as moisturizing as I expected; my cheeks were often still very much dry. Overall this product is great for those with sensitive, normal skin.

**This product is now discontinued.

on 6/23/2009 10:14:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This is a definitely my HG moisturizer. It's light and fragrance-free, with a touch of SPF protection and the right amount of moisture. This doesn't overpower my skin, and when I pat it on, my face seems to "glow". Not from glitter or color, but from within, like my skin is happy.
This moisturizer is now a staple in my skincare routine, especially in the winter when my skin is battered by the harsh chill but still needs a bit of sun protection. During the summer I mix this with my Eucerin Everyday Protection Face Lotion SPF 30, and it's just perfect.
It hasn't caused me to have more pimples than usual (still looking for the miracle product that will banish my acne!), but it does seem to help in the healing process by not drying out or agitating the blemished area.
I will repurchase this product when I run out, as it lasts a long time and works great!

on 6/11/2009 12:36:00 PM

I tried this the other day, and it was alright. it didn't work very well in terms of moisture, but there was definitely SPF. I don't like the smell, but its tolerable. Maybe I should have shaken the bottle really well or something, because it seemed like when I squeezed it out there was some moisturizer and then a layer of oil. It just didn't work well for me.

on 6/5/2009 11:15:00 PM

UPDATE: Olay has listened to the complaints! They will be re-releasing the original formula in April 2010. Thank goodness! For once, a corporation listened to the consumer.... Once released, I'll update my rating back to a 5!

EDIT: Olay just redid the packaging for this, and also changed the formula! The SPF ingredients are different. Going onto the Olay website, there were some extremely negative reviews, that the new formula was bad and had a negative scent. I just bought some and tried it... and oh boy. The bad reviews are right. Before, this stuff was a moisturizer with SPF in it. Now, it's sunblock with some moisturizing in it. It smells like sunscreen, feels like sunscreen, and is super greasy. And I broke out after only a few days. I am severely disappointed. Now I need to stock up on the old formulation! But that will expire eventually. Luckily, there are many generic versions of the old formulation (Target, CVS, Walmart), so I will just keep my fingers crossed that they don't change the generic versions to the new olay formulation! Or else I'm screwed... Rating is knocked down to 2 lippies...

ORIGINAL REVIEW (old formulation): This is my daily moisturizer, and has been for years. For my extremely sensitive and acne-prone skin, it's muy importante that I find a moisturizer that works for me. And this has it all - spf, fragrance free, and non-comedogenic. It moisturizes well, although I would say it could be better. With my extreme dry spots from using drying acne meds, I'm not sure what could deal with those dry spots. But I've used this for years and it's never done me wrong. It's light and not greasy and soaks into my skin nicely. Plus, you can get it everywhere and it's quite affordable. There's no reason for me to switch!

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

My sample of Murad moisturizer was out, and I wasnt about to spend $33 for the full size bottle. This DS moisturizer is super cheap. It was about $9 for a big bottle. I think it smells like bugspray, but nobody else seems to lol. I use the DDF sulfur mask so my skin gets dry, but this makes it moisturized and smooth again. It is kind of greasy, but i dont apply a lot of it. A little goes a long way. I found that applying this right out of the shower does wounders. Will buy again!

on 5/23/2009 7:12:00 PM

this is really moisturizing but it's greasy at first application.. i use this as my sun protection on my face, it doesnt sting and theres no heavy feeling.. but then i still want to try other products..

on 5/17/2009 6:05:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Ive been giong through a very flaky dry skin period for a few months now and ive discovered it was partly due to the E45 for very dry skin cream i was using. I bought the Olay complete yesterday and it kept my face moisturized the whole day and there were no white flaky patches the next morning.

very cheap for 8 Euros
goes on well, absorbs well too and is not oily
doesnt block pores
has 15 spf

_
smells just ok (i have the sensitive one which is perfume free)
i would have preferred a glass jar rather than the plastic one but atleast its a full jar and not half an inch product in a 50ml packaging!

on 5/13/2009 9:52:00 AM

I will buy this product again, and I already have.....countless times. I use a quarter size amount for my face to get the full spf. It's so cheap really good for a drugstore product!
I do not like the squeese bottle though..some gets wasted. :( Oh well..nothing is perfect :)

UPDATE 9/24/09 - They seem to have changed the formula and I can no longer use this. It stings! Boooooo. This was my HG for 6 years !

Popular Moisturizers