April 20, 2014 | 1949 users online

Deodorants - Certain Dri

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2012 2:57:00 PM More reviews by mutya

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I came across the Certain Dri deodorant at the bottom of display rack of Deodorants in Walgreens. I read the ingredients at the back of the box. To the best of my knowledge, it doesnt contain any harmful chemical so I bought it used it every day since. I didn't think I would use up an entire container of any deodorant in the world but boy, I literally scope it out when I ran out one morning. It seems to lasts me more than 6 months and I use it every day to work when temperature is warm. I haven't tried a lot of deodorants but this one is hg for me.

Will I buy it again? Of course.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2012 9:34:00 PM More reviews by shannondarlin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I sweat a lot in warm temperatures & when nervous or under stress. I've been using this for nearly ten years now. It does sting if I apply it right after shaving. It does make my underarm area itch if I apply it daily, so I typically apply it every other night before bed & use my "regular" deodorant every morning.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2012 8:59:00 PM More reviews by settlebaby

I had the WORST underarm perspiration in high school. I ran track in the mornings and even though I showered, I would be sweating nonstop. I ruined so many shirts and was so embarrassed that I just left my jacket on all day even when it was hot outside. I bought this and fell in love. Now here's the amazing thing: I haven't started sweating again till now, 3 years later. I only had to use the roll-on for maybe a month tops before I noticed the results and then I switched back to my normal deodorant/antiperspirant. Naturally, I went and bought it again. Applied two nights ago and so far, so good. This stuff saved my life living in Texas.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2012 8:09:00 AM More reviews by SweetMoonbeams

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have used Certain-Dri on and off since high school, which has been around 16 years. It has never failed me. I'm naturally very sweaty under my arms. I've ruined shirts and dresses due to this ailment, and I've been embarrassed more times than I can count when I've lifted my arms and revealed wet pit stains. I tried EVERY A/P out there and nothing compares to this. I use the liquid because the solid did nothing for me. I use this at night right before bed. I have used this after shaving at night, but I don't recommend that because it stings pretty badly. I'll shave in the mornings and use this at night. Sometimes I itch, but it's not bad enough to keep me from using this. I can't explain why sometimes I itch and sometimes I don't, but it's not that bad. I use this every night and use a regular A/P in the morning because I like the added protection and scent. I'm sure I could skip the morning ritual, but it's habit. I will continue to use this as long as it's available. It keeps me TOTALLY dry, even during high stress situations. It truly is life changing.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2012 8:06:00 AM More reviews by thisisntoriginal

This product changed my life.

I suffered from extreme sweatiness. Throughout puberty, I would have sweat pools from my armpits down to my navel every day, even on cool days. I am not exaggerating. I tried a ton of clinical strength antiperspirants and nothing ever worked. I resorted to wearing black t-shirts every. single. day.

As I grew out of puberty, the problem persisted. Any hope I had of the sweat being due to pubescent hormones was fading fast. A friend of mine recommended this to me and even though I thought I had tried it all, I gave it a shot.

I have to say, I went from applying nightly, to every three nights, to once a week, to once a month or so in the summer when it gets really warm. Ever since I've used this, I've NEVER had problems with sweat marks or pooling. It doesn't matter if I forget deodorant in the morning- there's no sweat, and no smell.

I will repurchase, but not very often. After using the product for a while, I barely need any to keep my underarms dry. It's amazing.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2012 3:56:00 AM More reviews by ADoyle90815

I decided to try this when I realized that my pits were starting to sweat and the Secret Clinical stuff stopped working. I've been using this for a while now, and since I read the warnings about waiting until just before bedtime to use this product, it does work and there really isn't any itching. It has kept my pits dry, but I still use a deodorant in the morning because I like smelling nice when I lift up my arms. I will definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2012 1:43:00 PM More reviews by kgloverii

Follow the instructions; put it on at night before bed, not right after a shower, a couple dabs, not a lot..: that's it. Super effective. You won't sweat the next day. Better than all the rest. I still use a deoderant product in the morning just cause I like lifting my arms and having a nice scent there.

WARNING: If you put this on after a shower or after shaving, you will have an AWFUL burning feeling under your arms. I forgot one time and will never forget again. If I forget to apply one night before bed, I don't stress. This stuff works more than one day for me. I just feel more confident using it on a daily basis.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2012 12:42:00 AM More reviews by fromskyline

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I had a few friends tell me to try Certain Dri, because a couple of them had managed to stop sweating all together in their armpits with a full year's use of this stuff.
So. This is my journey.
Day 1: I took a shower 30 minutes ago - my armpits have no been shaved for the past couple weeks (I usually pluck but I haven't even been able to do that for the past 1 week). My armpits are dry for the most part. I'm scared of all the reviews that say they experienced incredible pain/itching. I can't stand either - so I've decided to use only 1 full swipe under each armpit. I've decided to also not use it by turning the applicator upside to dump the liquid onto my armpit - rather, I've decided to use it upright so I only use the few drops that are on the applicator ball. I cautiously applied just 1 swipe under each armpit, and shimmied my arms to try to best evenly spread out the formula. Afterward, I felt a couple areas were not touched by the formula. I very gently dabbed couple areas under my armpits. No itching, maybe only a slight burning - like I just scrubbed my armpits a little too hard. Went away after 20 seconds. I decide to apply a 2nd swipe under each armpit. No burning, no itching. Whew. I'm in the clear. Oh. Wait. Nope. 3 minutes later a slight itching under my right armpit has started. I definitely applied a little more under that one than my left one. Why does this even itch in the first place?! The itching better mean my sweat glands are slowly dying off. But after 1 minute, the itching is gone.

I have an event tomorrow night where I will be shoved into a room with too many heated bodies. I hope this stuff works cause photos will definitely be taken.

Edit___
Day 2: Maybe I'm just not a particularly sweaty kind of person, but this definitely held up tonight! And I was in a packed room of hot sweaty bodies. PITS NICE 'N DRYYY.
I hope it stays that way forever haahha
Day 3: It's kind of humid outside, and whenever it's humid outside, my pits start to sweat a little. But today, my pits are dry. They're not like the deathly tight-dry that occurs when you put too much acne medication on your face, more like a controlled dry.
Day 4: Re-application time!!! This stuff is good. No sweaty armpits even when I'm dying during yoga. I wish I could apply this to my scalp as well - I suffer from extreme head sweatiness as well. Now what am I supposed to do with my 3 other Secret "Clinical Strength" Deodorants?!
- I will update this if Certain Dri goes downhill for me :] -

:UPDATE: I've been using this for over a month now. And I'd like to share some tips/experiences with new users (or users who've had some problems with this)

1. I only try to apply this once a week. And when I apply it, I apply it right where my armpit folds, no higher, no lower. If you go higher/lower, your skin there will flake and it's a weird sight, seeing flaky armpits. I usually apply 30 minutes after I shower - but I make sure my armpits are dry dry dry (even sometimes using a hairdryer).

2. When I do apply it, I make sure it's WET with the product. Not damp. You want to make sure it's WET WET WET (not dripping though, that's too much - if it drips wipe off from areas that aren't exactly where your armpit folds) so that the product can penetrate through all your layers of skin and actually block the sweat pores.
If you just make it damp, it'll just dry out the upper skin layers and won't block the sweat pores - you'll learn this is what you did if your armpits gets dry & flaky but you're still sweating like you never put any antiperspirant on in the first place.

3. After proper application, I keep my armpits shut. As in I'm doing whatever I need to do but not removing my elbows from my ribcage. I want my armpits to soak in Certain Dri, not just dry off into the air. After 10 minutes of this armpit clamp down, I then let my armpits dry via air.

4. I can't get used to the initial burning and then itching afterward. But I've become more tolerant of it. As in after several times of experiencing this, it no longer makes me want to cry and then viciously scratch my armpits. I think it's just something you have to get accept...

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2012 10:45:00 AM More reviews by dillman25

Discovered this years ago and have been using it ever since. Best thing ever! It will itch if you use too much, great that you just swipe before bed and thats it. I haven't bought regular deodorant in years. It is a bit pricey, but it lasts a long time, so it's well worth the price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2012 7:22:00 AM More reviews by euroasian

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

The only thing short of Botox that has prevented me from perspiring. I have been sweaty all my darn life (one of my many charms) and I have had to throw out beloved tops and dresses because of it. I'm the type that sweats just thinking about my sweating problem. Oh, and during times of stress? Boy, it gets nasty! It has also limited my choice of fabric and colour so it was quite debilitating. I have used all the "clinical strength" A/P's, including Secret Clinical, Dry Ideal, and Ban. This has changed my life. I can now wear my blazers, leather jackets, etc. without having to wear a sleeved top or stick panty liners (yeah, that's right) in them. I only apply it once every 2-3 nights on the days I shave my pits in the morning (so my skin has a chance to settle down). I love that it is non-scented so it won't clash with my fragrance. And while I haven't noticed excess sweating in other areas yet even if it did happen I wouldn't trade this for the world. I have even turned my sisters onto this (one happy, sweaty family). I love you, Certain Dri!!!

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No