November 28, 2014 | 1927 users online

Lip Treatments - Lansinoh Lanolin

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2012 11:58:00 PM More reviews by blooiejagwa

Edit- this is the best moisturizer for my extremely dry skin! nothing else works half as good and this does NOT clog my pores or break me outnat ALL unlike the majority of high end skincare that i have tried. i use a facial mist n serum under it and rosewater on top of it- i wake up to the best skin ever! v moisturized and soft no breakouts.

---
Everybody who reviewed this prior to me: thank you. This makes the best lip balm ever. For cuteness and convenient size, i prefer victoria's secret beauty rush balm over this for everyday, but this as an overnight balm. Also my HG hand treatment as my hands are very very dry and this is the only thing that works. Aquaphor doesn't moisturize as well, neither do regular creams/lotions that i have tried. Also good for feet. Also healed a papercut. I found this at Walmart in the baby section. Healed my bleeding lips in a few hours. Btw lanolin retains about 200% of its weight in water! Maybe that's why a thick, 1 ingredient product, moisturizes my hands better than all the pricey creams and lotions that i've tried (not to mention aquaphor and eucerin).

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2012 11:54:00 PM More reviews by couturedujour

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I finally jumped on the bandwagon and purchased this as a cuticle treatment. I put it on overnight and it worked like a charm. Miraculous, really. I got the same results overnight that I would get with religious cuticle cream application for a week!

But.. the real bonus with this product is that it is an AMAZING, and I mean HG lipbalm. I put it on overnight and I woke up with the softest, most plump lips I can ever remember. I didn't realize how dry my lips were before using this. They were plump from hydration! Amazingly, this stuff stays on overnight! You can put a little on in the morning, too, and it will last all day. A really impressive alternative use for a product I otherwise never would have purchased, thanks to another recommendation from MUA!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2012 4:58:00 AM More reviews by lauren5millar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

so dissapointed in this, i had read all the amazing reviews and couldn't wait to buy this to use as a lipbalm. I am so confused and do not know what has happened but i used this on my lips for 2 nights before i went to sleep and have woken up witk swollen, cracked, red, burnt lips. terrible. i must be allergic to one of the ingredients thats all i can think of. very dissapointed as it seemed to be some sort of miracle for everyone else. back to searching for my number one lip balm :(

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2012 12:59:00 PM More reviews by orderlyfashion

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

EDIT: I initially gave this a ho-hum review as a cuticle moisturizer, preferring Qtica Intense Cuticle Repair instead. I'm upping my review from 3 to 4 lippies because I gave it a second shot, and really like it!

Pros: Cheap, readily available at drugstores, no scent, no crazy skin reactions (not that I expected to have any), one tube will go a long way, moisturizes like crazy and really smoothes out my rough cutes and hangnails.

Cons: SUPER greasy, SUPER thick texture. I think initially I was over-applying it. The trick is to use a TINY amount. Now I use even less than a pea sized glob to treat both hands combined, and that's enough. It thins out with just a little bit of body heat. And I only use it before bed at night so as not to smudge up everything in sight.

I still really like the Qtica but seeing as Lanisoh is MUCH cheaper and easier to obtain, I think I will stick with this in the long term.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2012 3:19:00 PM More reviews by hanoonah19

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

HG alert!! Dump the Vaseline, Carmex, Chapstick, Nivea, Soft Lips or whatever lip product you are using. This stuff works almost immediately!

My lips were so dry and chapped and peeling that it hurt to move them. I tried all the products above including Vitamin E, olive oil, castor oil, Neosporin and nothing has moisturized and healed my lips like this stuff. Within a couple hours of use my lips felt relief.

I have to be honest it really wierds me out to be putting "nipple cream" on my lips and I have to not think about it each time I slather it on. LOL. But hey it works great!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2012 3:26:00 PM More reviews by Cne

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Decent product, I use this at night on my cuticles and my lips. It has made my cuticles less prone to peeling (I tend to pick at them) and my lips don't need as much balm applied to them during the day. It isn't a miracle product but works well for the price. However it is quite greasy/thick so if you have nice sheets you might not want to use it right before bed since I suspect it might stain.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2012 2:45:00 PM More reviews by Therealslayergrrl

Thank you MUA! I would have never known this product existed if it wasn't for the reviews here. I can't top what other reviewers have written. This stuff works amazing! I have tried pretty much every lip balm and chapstick type product known to man. None of them have given me the results that this has. A little dab on my lips before bed and I wake up with soft lips. Great for little patches of dry skin as well. A little dab and they are instantly gone... Thanks guys!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2012 1:02:00 PM More reviews by reallyrita

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

With 146 reviews on this product already, I guess we do not need one more....but here goes anyway. Due to a childhood illness with high fever, my lips have always been dry and cracked with the skin just rolling off . I have tried everything. Plain vaseline would help at night but it would rub off by morning and my lips would be so cracked it was hard to even talk until I slathered on more. Lipstick was out of the question. I had never worn it. One day, about 4 years ago now, I read about this product in an Allure magazine article. Hope in a tube, maybe, once again. I found some at Target and put it on in the parking lot. I have never looked back. Not only are my lips no longer dry or cracked, I can now wear lipstick at last. I must have a very slight layer of this product on before applying the lipstick or the lipstick will dry out my lips. Truly this has been a miracle for me. I have repurchased many times. I keep a tube with me in my purse and one by my bedside and of course, in my bathroom. My lips were deeply furrowed from a lifetime of dryness and cracking and peeling. Now my lips are very smooth. Lanolin is an animal product (cruelty free as it comes from the oils in the sheep's wool that is sheared off to make fabric and yarn). Sheep shearers" hands are famous for being very smooth and soft. The packaging claims that this is an hypoallergenic product but I know that lanolin is an allergen for some people. Best to try this on a small bit of skin before slathering on your lips for the first time, just in case. My only issue with the product is that if the tube gets cold it is very hard to get any of it out. I leave my new tube in a warm sunny spot by the window for a few hours to get it started. You only need a tiny dab. I don't consider this a beauty product, really. For me, it has remedied a serious skin problem.

16 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2012 11:54:00 AM More reviews by ADoyle90815

Thanks to MUA, I found my HG cuticle treatment and nighttime lip balm. After using this for a couple of nights, I found that my lips aren't chapped, and my cuticles are looking and feeling better than they have been. I only need the smallest amount, so the tube is going to last for a very long time. I will repurchase as this is really a great product.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2012 7:27:00 AM More reviews by dani215

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This stuff is great. I had to buy this online because I wouldn't want to go through a checkout with nipple cream. That aside, there's no offensive smell and 10 hours after applying this to my lips it's still on. It's a little thick coming out of the tube but warms up quickly. I haven't tried it on my cuticles yet, but will shortly. It seems a lot more moisturizing than vaseline, which is what I usually put on my lips at night. The only thing that would improve it, is if it also came in small gloss-type squeeze tubes. I can't see carrying around a 2oz tube of nipple cream with me during the day.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No