July 31, 2014 | 962 users online

Powder - Everyday Minerals - Matte Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2010 11:10:00 PM More reviews by LovelyLynne

I present to you: the greatest mineral foundation for it's price.

Don't get intense for everyday makeup. The formula in matte gives a solid coverage.

It builds very easily. Just tap into the cap, swirl, and apply. There is no weight to the foundation. The price is only $12 + shipping.

However, please be careful with it when opening your foundation. The twist closure loves to unlock itself.

Remember to apply a good moisturizer and SPF prior because minerals will show off dry patches on your face. And be careful when swirling the foundation, it'll fly onto your new outfit if you're not careful.

Best foundation for the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2010 6:17:00 PM More reviews by Mom2pdm

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

LOVE this foundation. I am NC20 and I received this in Olive Light and Fairly Light. Love the coverage of this foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2010 9:40:00 AM More reviews by helaina

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am a PPP and I have trouble finding foundations that are just the right shade for me. Bare Minerals has two pale shades: Fair and Fairly Light; I am somewhere in between the two. Everyday Minerals has several shades for PPPs and LLLs. In the winter I wear Perfect, which is the exact color of my skin. In the spring, when I start to get a little sun, I wear Fairly Light Neutral. You can order tiny sample jars for $2.50 and you get a sample kit for free with each order (I think there are five colors in a free sample kit). I ordered ten sample colors to find my shades.

This is a medium to full coverage foundation. In the winter I need to wear moisturizer or primer underneath. If I apply it with a flat makeup sponge, then I get a more natural look (with less coverage) and I can even apply my Bobbi Brown stick blush over it (putting in on my finger first). When I want more coverage, I use a velvety powder puff (not the furry kind) that I got at the drugstore. The velvety puff gives full coverage, especially with a foundation primer underneath. When I do this, I have to wear powder blush.

This foundation has a good rating from Cosmetic Database too. I prefer the matte powder because I don't like the shiny stuff that's added to the other forumations.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2010 10:30:00 PM More reviews by loriyu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I tried Bare Escentuals prior to this, which I hated, so I was surprised at how well Everyday Minerals worked for me. The coverage is excellent (I have large pores and acne scarring, although I no longer have acne), especially if you put a primer underneath it. Even though it's the matte formula, I do tend to feel a bit greasy as the day wears on, but in terms of coverage, this works really well for me. I mostly use tinted moisturizers in the winter when my skin is more dry, but this is my go-to for spring/summer/fall.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2010 10:15:00 AM More reviews by silverwing

I have this foundation in Warm Medium Beige. The match is decent for my skin tone, but could be better. My skin has always been difficult to match. Given the changes to the sample kits, I'm not going to bother trying to match with EDM anymore.

As for coverage, it nice without being cakey. Part of the reason I switched to mineral makeup was that the Estee Lauder I had been using was looking too heavy on me. It lasts most of the day. I have found that I need to apply with a flat top kabuki brush, in order to get the best coverage without using too much product.

ETA: I stopped using EDM foundation. My sample was great, but the full sizes that I bought caused my skin to break out.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2010 8:16:00 AM More reviews by Dark40rcehan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Although I love its ability to soak up the oiliness of my face, but the coverage is a little minimal during days when I want a little more (like now, haha). But usually, the coverage is just sheer enough, which I like very, very much. I have it in Light Tan, which is a little too dark for me, and Soft Butter Peach, which is a complete match for me (I'm a MAC NW25). However, you'll have to remove the sticker carefully when you use it the first time, or you'll end up with some product sticking on the holes. hahaha. I like to pair it with Dr G BB Cream as primer and concealer.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2010 9:09:00 PM More reviews by hitashi

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is hands-down the best foundation I have ever used.

Upon entering 8th grade, my skin basically exploded on me. One time I woke up with 30-40 (small - medium - large) zits all over my face.
I started using Lancome's Teint Idole foundation that year, which worked extraordinary well at covering up the pimples. Unfortunately, it's also extremely expensive. The following year I randomly found Everyday Minerals' free sample kits and fell immediately in love.

This matte foundation is just awesome. I have very oily skin and this powder sucks the oil right up. Its consistency is also beautiful and blends perfectly with my skin to create a flawless glow. People couldn't even tell I was wearing makeup.

There ya go. Awesome stuff. Btw, I've tried Studiofix and it was the worst foundation I've ever tried.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2010 3:03:00 AM More reviews by danicajonas

I love love love EDM. Though i do have to re apply on some days, i find it worth it. This doesnt cake on me at all, and it matches my skin tone perfectly they have a great range of shades. The only thing i would change is the packaging, i find it very hard to deal with because the dish is so shallow. but for the price and how long it lasts (lasts about two months)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2010 9:52:00 PM More reviews by cloroxcowgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

After trying all the EDM foundation finishes, I've decided I prefer the matte formula overall. I have combination skin and I find that this foundation (in Fair-Medium) with a dusting of finishing powder combats oily areas quite well. I also like that it provides a natural looking finish. The main draw back for me is that all the EDM foundations don't provide enough coverage, so sometimes I will add in a few grains of my BE foundation for more coverage; it also adds a slight glow without being too shiny (can't wear BE alone for that reason, but that's another review). I was hesitant to do this at first - but am actually pleased with the result of combining the two. The matte formula can be a bit chalky, but adding a little BE also helps with that. All in all, this is a good foundation at a reasonable price.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2009 4:43:00 AM More reviews by annpatricia

I like the finish of this. It gives buildable medium coverage and matches my skin tone. The staying power of the matteness wears off after an hour or so. I wish I wouldn't have to re apply this throughout the day, especially because it's a mineral foundation it's less convenient to apply.