November 28, 2014 | 925 users online

Powder - Everyday Minerals - Matte Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 4/29/2010 12:48:00 AM More reviews by SoSleepy

Oh man, did this wreck my skin! I feel awful writing a bad review for it because I really liked the company. Prices weren't bad and customer service was great but I just really didn't like this foundation (or any of the other formulas, for that matter..). It had a tendency to go on kind of blotchy and just make my skin look blah and tired. It didn't give a nice, airbrushed look that I had expected after using Lumiere for years. That really wasn't the part that killed it for me though. It was the HORRIBLE breakouts! My skin erupted with this stuff like it never has before. I actually still have a couple of scars from it. Not happy. The two stars were for price and customer service.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2010 1:18:00 AM More reviews by bebeblondie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've been using EDM Matte for the past 2-3ish years. Before EDM, I used Alima MMU which didn't have a shade to match my complexion so I would mix 2 shades which got annoying really quick.

After switching to EDM, I got a pretty much perfect shade match (fairly light neutral - exactly as described, it's very fair, not too yellow, not too pink), and overall it just seemed nicer than the Alima stuff so I was super happy. I have some sort of rosacea type thing going on which is why I started using MMU in the first place. My skin is super sensitive, acne prone, and super super super oily. Like, you can literally see the oil coming out of my pores within 1-2 hrs of washing my face.

Anyway, upon application, this looks great. Super natural. People would tell me I have such flawless skin... little did they know, underneath it's all pore-y and blood vessel-y and ick. If it were up to me though, the finish would be slightly more matte, because it still has this slight sheen to it, even when you first put it on. But, anyway, those compliments on my skin would come in the morning, not too long after application. I have to say, this stuff has pretty much zero staying power on my oil slick of a face, although I can't imagine that there's a foundation out there that could actually hold up all day. But really, this stuff is pretty much gone by mid-day, especially if I've blotted with my MAC blot film. But I just accepted it as the way it is - no makeup left at the end of the day, oh well.

Only about a month go did I realize, why I am putting up with this? And started looking into some non-MMU foundations once again, for something with staying power. Right now I'm trying Shiseido Sheer Matifying Compact, just bought it today, we'll see how that goes. Anyway, so, my point is.... looks natural, didn't break me out at all which is great, even on those nights where I was out late and forgot to wash it off. Didn't irritate my skin whatsoever... in fact, it felt soothing in a way... BUT, doesn't hold up. =( but I blame my crappy skin mostly, which is why this gets 4 lippies.

It was super affordable - they used to have this thing where you could fill up a "kit" with any 6 items you like for like 30 CAD or something like that, so I'd just stock up on foundation so that each came out to about 5 bucks, which was awesome. They've since abolished this system, I believe, though, but the price isn't bad anyway, something like $12.

I do recommend this for less-oily people, it was my good friend for over 2 years.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2010 10:51:00 AM More reviews by sez87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My favourite EDM formula! Keeps the shine away for longest and looks more natural than intensive while still providing good coverage. The packaging gets messy - the cover over the sifter doesn't click into place to stay put. There are a tonne of shades to choose from. I mix a few different ones as my skin changes.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/19/2010 1:30:00 PM More reviews by azunino228

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got the Try Me - Base - Olive sample kit. Unfortunately none of the colors were wearable... either to light or dark and too yellow/green. I don't know who has skin these colors? Or maybe I just have really weird skin. I kind of wanted to try another tone kit but it just wouldn't be worth it because by the afternoon this just looks terrible... like I haven't put anything on. I wanted to like this, but alas...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2010 7:35:00 PM More reviews by bebemonte

I am NC25 and Medium Golden matches my skin very well. I like how fast the application is and how natural it looks. The coverage is medium and about 85% matte.
Great everyday foundation that takes a minute to put on.
I still prefer Estee Lauder Double Wear for special occasions and full coverage at night.

Edit:
I am adding a lippie because I finally figured out how to use this to create even natural finish that is not too cakey. I spray rosewater toner on a stippling brush and use the foundation wet, not buffed in dry with a kabuki as before and it is 10 times more natural with medium coverage and decent oil control.
DEFINITELY TRY USING IT WITH A WET BRUSH!!!

You know after wearing this a couple of more times, the love affair is over -- my husband even pointed out how thick and cakey this foundation looks on me. Will still to Estee Lauder Double Wear or Double Matte -- those are PERFECT for my sensitive super oily acne prone skin

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2010 11:10:00 PM More reviews by LovelyLynne

I present to you: the greatest mineral foundation for it's price.

Don't get intense for everyday makeup. The formula in matte gives a solid coverage.

It builds very easily. Just tap into the cap, swirl, and apply. There is no weight to the foundation. The price is only $12 + shipping.

However, please be careful with it when opening your foundation. The twist closure loves to unlock itself.

Remember to apply a good moisturizer and SPF prior because minerals will show off dry patches on your face. And be careful when swirling the foundation, it'll fly onto your new outfit if you're not careful.

Best foundation for the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2010 6:17:00 PM More reviews by Mom2pdm

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

LOVE this foundation. I am NC20 and I received this in Olive Light and Fairly Light. Love the coverage of this foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2010 9:40:00 AM More reviews by helaina

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am a PPP and I have trouble finding foundations that are just the right shade for me. Bare Minerals has two pale shades: Fair and Fairly Light; I am somewhere in between the two. Everyday Minerals has several shades for PPPs and LLLs. In the winter I wear Perfect, which is the exact color of my skin. In the spring, when I start to get a little sun, I wear Fairly Light Neutral. You can order tiny sample jars for $2.50 and you get a sample kit for free with each order (I think there are five colors in a free sample kit). I ordered ten sample colors to find my shades.

This is a medium to full coverage foundation. In the winter I need to wear moisturizer or primer underneath. If I apply it with a flat makeup sponge, then I get a more natural look (with less coverage) and I can even apply my Bobbi Brown stick blush over it (putting in on my finger first). When I want more coverage, I use a velvety powder puff (not the furry kind) that I got at the drugstore. The velvety puff gives full coverage, especially with a foundation primer underneath. When I do this, I have to wear powder blush.

This foundation has a good rating from Cosmetic Database too. I prefer the matte powder because I don't like the shiny stuff that's added to the other forumations.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2010 10:30:00 PM More reviews by loriyu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I tried Bare Escentuals prior to this, which I hated, so I was surprised at how well Everyday Minerals worked for me. The coverage is excellent (I have large pores and acne scarring, although I no longer have acne), especially if you put a primer underneath it. Even though it's the matte formula, I do tend to feel a bit greasy as the day wears on, but in terms of coverage, this works really well for me. I mostly use tinted moisturizers in the winter when my skin is more dry, but this is my go-to for spring/summer/fall.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2010 10:15:00 AM More reviews by silverwing

I have this foundation in Warm Medium Beige. The match is decent for my skin tone, but could be better. My skin has always been difficult to match. Given the changes to the sample kits, I'm not going to bother trying to match with EDM anymore.

As for coverage, it nice without being cakey. Part of the reason I switched to mineral makeup was that the Estee Lauder I had been using was looking too heavy on me. It lasts most of the day. I have found that I need to apply with a flat top kabuki brush, in order to get the best coverage without using too much product.

ETA: I stopped using EDM foundation. My sample was great, but the full sizes that I bought caused my skin to break out.