April 19, 2014 | 1895 users online

Mascara - Cover Girl - Lash Exact Waterproof

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2010 11:39:00 PM More reviews by tempalina

I've been trying to find a waterproof mascara and a youtube guru suggested this one. So I decided to give it a try when RiteAid was having a BOGOF sale. I mainly wanted a wp mascara for my lower lashes, but sadly, this still smudges. After 12 hours, my under eyes were so dark, my bro said he thought I looked like a zombie. yikes! I still gave this 4 lippies because when I use this for my upper lashes, I don't need a primer since this gives me the illusion of very natural falsies (not volumizing or lengthening. just natural look) and keeps my curls really really well. Bottom line: Yes for upper lashes, No for lower lashes.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2010 3:38:00 PM More reviews by czha

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have to say that I love love love this product. It's the answer to my straight asian lashes! To me, the most important quality of a great mascara is to hold the curl, and this one delivers. I use it as lash base - one or two layers of this and then other mascara for volum or length. I think CG should totally re-market this as a lash base. If you have straight lashes like me, try this!!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2010 3:23:00 PM More reviews by bluenote

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Bought multiple tubes of this but it never really worked that well for me. It can hold a curl and smudges only slightly, but it just defines my lashes without giving them the length that I was hoping for. Oh well. Nice for a muted look, but personally I feel like bigger lashes are the way to go if you're going to bother with mascara.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/8/2010 2:25:00 AM More reviews by KilluhXCee

This is the only tube of mascara I have ever really finished in my entire life. some background-I'm korean and I have pretty okay lashes not to long but not by any means short. But not really thick either and are stick straight.I mean it's not exactly the "best" I tried but ehh it's really good for drugstore.
it gives a good amount of length,volume, and holds a curl like no other LET ME TELL YOU! even though a nap that sucker is still curled
but the thing i can't STAND about this mascara as with every other covergirl mascara.
This is a pain to take off.... I find the only thing that will take this off pretty decently without rubbing So much out of my eyes is olive oil
so just a warning to you and the packaging is'nt all that great but it's about the product inside right?

yea for you asians out there this is a pretty decent mascara

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2010 1:42:00 AM More reviews by julia0192

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

If you're looking for a mascara that has moderate lengthening properties and looks very natural then this is for you. I bought this mascara in brown-black. I really like it so far because I don't like the thick chunky eyelashes that just look like they have 5 coats of mascara on them. This mascara looks very natural and it doesn't clump in the least bit. My only problem is that I wish it lengthened more but it does a pretty good job so I won't complain.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/21/2010 1:00:00 PM More reviews by Pipadee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This didn't work for me at all. When i put it on it looked defined and lengthened but it flaked horribly and i could not remove it. I swear that mascara was on for 3 days even in the shower. It did not want to come off!! I always try to stay away from waterproof mascaras because they're always sticky and hard to remove.
Just stick with the non-waterproof which is good.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2010 6:07:00 PM More reviews by colleeflower

Definitely my favourite Cover Girl mascara. Holds the curl very well. Doesn't smudge. Lengthens and volumizes very well. Doesn't clump. My only complaint is that it is quite difficult to remove, even with waterproof eye makeup remover. I've repurchased this product several times.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2010 12:36:00 AM More reviews by LZK

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this after constantly getting my eyelid dirty with the CG Lash Blast. I ended up loving this mascara since i found that it defined my lashes like crazy and it gave them insane length. It wasn't as voluminous as the Lash Blast but my lashes were looking really really good! I think definition and length are better than volume without the definition/length. I even used two tubes...until I realized that it was drying really fast in the tube and getting clumpy while the tube was still quite full and this just frustrated me like crazy! So back to Lash Blast I went, and I realized that Lash Blast actually makes my lashes/curl droop a bit by weighing them down with the heavier formula.

What I found works the best for me is curling with my Shu Uemura, then using the Lash Exact to define my lashes, (and it gives good length too! ), then after that sets, using the Lash Blast as a second coat to give more thickness. Its sort of annoying.

CONCLUSION is that Lash Blast gives volume and thickness but weighs down lashes a bit and hence takes away from the curl and length.

using Lash Exact first defines amazingly and gives great length but lacks the extreme volume of Lash Blast.

Combo is best, just annoying!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/23/2010 9:41:00 AM More reviews by nightreaper

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a decent product. It's tenaciously waterproof, and boy do I mean tenciously. It doesn't come off. That's one of the downsides. If you're really tired and don't have the time or energy to remove it, it flakes into your eyes.

I don't know if this was the thing that caused my severe left eye infection; but I am no longer taking chances, and had to toss it out.

A good d/s replacement is L'Oreal's Waterproof Panoramic Lash if you feel like switching up your product.

Hope this review helped.

-Alice

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2010 12:40:00 PM More reviews by aferrar1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Compared to a lot of drugstore mascara - I really like this one. I always buy waterproof b/c my mascara tends to wear off under my eye creating that lovely raccoon eye look! This one does not do that, so I like it most for that reason alone. The brush works well and I don't find it to be clumpy or flakey. Good mascara for the price!