July 29, 2014 | 1557 users online

Lip Gloss - E.L.F. - Super Glossy Lip Shine SPF 15 - Candlelight

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2009 4:24:00 AM More reviews by Xelestra

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

A review of E.L.F.'s Lip Shine in two limericks.

About ELF's Candlelight Gloss,
To find words to describe... I'm at quite a loss.
If you quickly slick
This on top of lipstick
No better muted shine you'd come across.

Even on its own, it is quite cute
And then on top there's SPF to boot?
All that for the price?
That does more than suffice!
I'll stop rhyming now before someone shoots. :(

14 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2009 More reviews by lilorchid82

I'm happy that I lemming'd this. The color is a nudish pink...as for the smell, it reminds me of the flintstone vitamins I took as a kid. Not a fan, but not a dealbreaker either. In general, I don't like glosses, but they moisturize so well. So at least this one is less goopy and seems to moisturize well. As for the spf, the active ingred. mainly protect you from UVB...not the wrinkle/cancer inducing UVA. The titanian dioxide is third on the list...wished it were first to provide more UVA protection. Anyways, I like this and will buy it again, will wear this with something with more UVA protection though.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2009 6:17:00 PM More reviews by mc82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this free with my first ELF order and I have to say that I am impressed. The texture is smooth and stays well without being sticky (I prefer this over Lancome Juicy Tubes). I am NC40/42 in MAC and I love this shade - it is a pretty nude, with a slight peachy glow and has a good level of pigmentation.
Great that it has SPF. I am amazed at the quality for such a low cost product and I would definitely look at other colours.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2009 1:00:00 AM More reviews by Mayoxtayo

This is one of my favorite lipglosses. It goes on for a sheer peachy look. Its a plastic applicator in a tube. Its easy to use, no mess, and extremely durable. Its only $1 on the eyeslipface website and usually they have a 50% off deal going on just check out maybe retailmenot. So sometimes its only 50cents, when are you going to find a great lipgloss for 50 cents?! Plus it has SPF15 you really cant beat that. I'll never have to go broke over lip glosses again...which is probably not true because im a lip gloss junkie. So go out and get this color because its amazing.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2009 7:32:00 PM More reviews by rsflutterby

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It's cheap and it's a pretty, nude color. It provides broad spectrum sunscreen! I use it everyday. If you're thinking about buying it go out and buy it!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2009 11:44:00 PM More reviews by starrysim

I got this as an extra in a lovely swap, and I'm pleasantly surprised. It's quite moisturizing and non-sticky. It reminds me a bit of my discontinued HG Sally Hansen Lip Quenchers, except it's not quite as moisturizing. I find that I do need to reapply after a little while to keep my lips feeling soft and moist - with the Lip Quencher, it left my lips feeling better without the need to reapply. However, this isn't even marketed as a lip balm, so I guess my expectations are too high. Too bad it's not a Lip Quencher replacement, but I might pick up a few more when ELF comes to Canada soon.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2009 8:28:00 AM More reviews by diarrheaslut

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

i really love this gloss from ELF - i disagree with some reviewers, depending on your complexion (i'm fair skinned, with pink undertones), it's very wearable on its own. i was hoping this would be a good dupe for my HG clinique lipgloss (the colors look identicalll from the picture) but they don't look so identical when actually applied. all in all, i'm glad i grabbed candlelight, it's still a gorgeous color - i'll definitely be re-investing once this tube runs out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2009 7:39:00 PM More reviews by Gaijin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love these glosses, and have them in several colors. Living in a very sunny state, SPF is a necessity, and to have a such a pigmented gloss for so cheap with SPF is wonderful! This is a great peachy, nudey color perfect for the summer time. I like the grape smell. It is a bit sticky, but also moisturizing.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/1/2009 8:13:00 PM More reviews by EyelinerLover

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This lipgloss is pretty good for me. I don't tend to wear many lipglosses because I usually wear a lot of eye makeup, and super shiny lips along with dramatic eye makeup is overkill on my face. With this, however, it adds a nice glowy shine to my lips, which balances out well with my eye makeup.

It's a nice nudey, peachy color. It's really thick, so I have to be careful not to apply too much, or it is really goopy and too much. It smells like grape, kind of like purple lipgloss that is made for little girls, but I really like the scent. I guess I'm just into scents that remind me of my childhood!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2009 4:37:00 AM More reviews by eiffadea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

this is a very decent l/g i would say..pretty pigmented but is very thick in consistency..so i like to layer it on top of lip balm to make it applies smoother..the color of this l/g makes my very dark pigmented lips looks so delicious..the color is between tan and champagne..very pretty..the applicator is like mac lipgelee..but the smell is just awful fake grape scent..but i cn live with it..will repurchase if i ever going to use it up which i doubt..cz i hv too many l/g