Hourglass Veil Fluid Makeup SPF 15

3.4

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 7.5%, Octisalate 4.0%, Oxybenzone 3.0%. Inactive Ingredients: Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, Cetyl Peg/Ppg 10/1 Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Ethylhexylglycerin, Glycerin, Glyceryl Behenate, Glyceryl Dibehenate, Hdi/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Hexyl Laurate, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Hydroxypropyl Cyclodextrin, Isododecane, Isoeicosane, Macrocystic Pyrifera Extract, Magnesium Sulfate, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-38, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Phenoxyethanol, Phenyl Trimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Potassium Sorbate, Propylene Carbonate, Pvp, Quaternium-90 Bentonite, Silica, Sodium Benzoate, Tocopherylacetate, Tribehenin, Triethoxylcaprylylsilane, Water. May Contain (+/-): Iron Oxides (Ci 77491), Iron Oxides (Ci 77492), Iron Oxides (Ci 77499), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891).

on 10/31/2010 10:41:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Love this foundation! I've tried just about everything in foundation there is. I am very fair. Foundations either make me look like a ghost or are too pink. I've tried Bobbi Brown, MUFE, Armani, MAC, Dior, I could go on and on. Number 0 is perfect.

Was in Sephora and got a sample on a whim. Color is perfect. Looks so natural. I have extremely dry skin and the foundation looks amazing on it. I'm hooked.

Updating - after trying for a few weeks, I returned it. Doesn't last on skin :(

on 9/16/2010 6:03:00 PM

I LOVE that the lightest shade of this foundation matches my very fair and yellow toned skin perfectly. It has a very nice texture and smell, but really didn't provide that great of coverage. It was radiant when first applied, but did get a little greasy looking throughout the day. I think this would be a great product for those with dry skin who are looking for a more sheer-finish foundation.
***After trying countless foundations, I have FINALLY concluded that Gabriel Cosmetics works the best for me. The combination of their Liquid Foundation and Dual Powder gives wonderful coverage without causing greasiness or breakouts!*** :)

EDIT: 10/10/12: After trying Kat Von D's new Lock-It Tattoo Foundation, I am in love!!!! PHENOMENAL coverage without oxidation/greasiness. See my review on this for more details, if you're interested. Not super natural, but at least the formulation is without parabens, mineral oil, fragrance, etc. :)

Hope this review helps!

on 9/13/2010 8:40:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I have a feeling this might be the next great foundation. I got a sample of this in Ivory about 1 week ago, I've been observing it closely and lets just say I love it. Nice flawless complexion that doesn't look heavy or cakey, light to medium coverage and very durable.
I think this with the right brush and a good powder (I used the SmashBox Halo) it could be my new HG foundation. Colour selection available at the moment for this brand isn't that big, but the colour that I was matched to is perfect for me. A youtuber said this might be the new NARS, I generally hated NARS foundation, so I think this could in foundation terms, could surpass NARS.
The SA at Mecca Cosmetica was very generous that day, the sample she gave me lasted a week now, and I'm only half way through, and that's not being stingy with the amount applied on daily, but I guess when my sample runs out, it back to the Mecca counter for the full bottle. Being at $89AUD this isn't cheap, but by far beats NARS Sheer Glow at $99AUD.

on 8/11/2010 8:55:00 AM

I am 36. I have had 3 Fraxel Restore Laser treatments which have really improved my skin and made me want to try all kinds of foundations because I have different skin than before. I really did not want to like this because its expensive. I really have no problem plunking down the cash, but the problem is I keep buying foundations hoping to find THE one. That's a lot of cash,

Right now I have MUFE Matte Velvet (hate, too masky), MUFE Face and Body #32 (very good and glowly but doesn't always cover like I want), MUFE HD 120 (eh ok, don't think it lives up to the hype), Dior Nude Linen (good but thin coverage), Fresh in Seventh Viel (too light, the clay in it is drying),dior airflash (LOVE but its super expensive and not good for everyday wear), BE Minerals (I hate it, I hate all mineral powder foundations), I have others but I won't bore you. I just want you to see I've tried a lot.

Ok so this Veil stuff. You can get samples from the Hourglass website. The best colormatch for me was 1.5 and I am somewhere between and NC20 (too light) and NC25 (almost too dark). I am pretty neutral with just a hint of yellow. I find 1.5 to be a tad too yellow and dark. This is why I gave this a 4 because they need more colors and why do they run so dark.?

However the finish is very beautiful. it looks like good skin and its not too matte or too shiny. I used MUFE HD Powder over it. Bottom line: It;s expensive, the colors are lacking , but the finish is awesome and definately worth a try.

on 8/5/2010 4:33:00 PM

First of all, you only need the tiniest amount to cover your entire face. And you don't need a separate primer. Those two points will help justify the VERY expensive cost. Also found that the HG foundation brush makes a HUGE difference. The shades run dark so be careful. Love the sanitary pump. It does give a nice glow-y finish, not oily just dewy in a nice way. Seems to last all day. Would totally recommend for aging skin. Summer I finish with some BM powder but in the winter, just the HG foundation.

on 7/14/2010 2:49:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

This foundation was SO heavy. I used only one pump and it made me look like I was wearing a pound of makeup!

I don't know what all the hype is out - I thought this stuff was terrible. Thank goodness I was able to return it to the store for a full refund.

Definitely would not buy it again.

on 6/29/2010 9:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

What can I say? I absolutely love this foundation. I'm pretty much a foundation collector, or how it's ended up, anyway. I own Chanel, NARS, Clinique, Bobbi Brown, Laura Mercier, etc., and multiple foundations in brands mentioned.

This provides an amazing coverage with only half a pump! So I find rationalizing the price pretty easy considering you're using half the amount of this vs. your typical liquid foundation. Sometimes it even requires two pumps w/ other brands.

Finish is very healthy and somewhat dewy, but in a very natural non greasy way on my dry skin.

I also find this quite long wearing with lasting ability up to 8+ hours, and I don't usually even set it with powder.

Overall, this gives a long lasting natural silky and radiant coverage! It is Love.

on 6/27/2010 7:25:00 PM

I love this. I gives me very smooth and natural feeling, like I'm not wearing anything at all. It stays long. The coverage is dewy, healthy. I bought in shade 5 which is a bit darker than my skin tone but its ok for the summer. I still need another layer of powder to cover all my pimples but I definitely recommend this for summer.

on 6/13/2010 3:23:00 PM

Love this product!! I was soooooo reluctant to try it, especially after looking at the price tag of the foundation, primer and recommended taclon brush. After trying a sample of the primer and foundation, I was completely hooked. You only need a small amount and i just use my fingers to apply it. It's feels really nice on the face like and it doesn't even look like you have anything on, feels like smooth velvet when applying it. The primer and foundation are basically waterproof together and it still doesn't feel like anything is on your face! I do a lot watersports in the summer and this product will be perfect! I have to admit, the last few years, whenever I go swimming I have always kept my face out of the water for fear of my makeup coming off and revealing all my unsightly blemishes! Now time to work on the blemishes!

on 6/4/2010 6:51:00 PM

i have used top of the line foundations ( and primers )
sissley, laprairie, cler de peau.
and this product is equally excellent and much more affordable
i am 50 and have taken care of my skin daily. creams, exfoliate toner and wash skin before going to bed.
people i see with bad skin use the cheap crap, and look it.
this foundation works excellent and i would buy again.
as far as the packaging. who bloody cares how the package looks. are you kidding me..?
the important thing is the PRODUCT LADIES,,, get a grip