April 19, 2014 | 1608 users online

Liquid - Hourglass - Veil Fluid Makeup SPF 15

rated 3 of 5 on 5/1/2010 5:15:00 AM More reviews by Vhipper

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have normal skin that is is quite healthy and works really well with liquid foundations. This foundation is not all that! It separated on my skin within a couple of hours and it was a mild day weather-wise. It's not the worst, but not worth the $80+ price tag in Australia.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/29/2010 8:51:00 PM More reviews by blloyd

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

There's something not right about the colour of this foundation. Althought it's been colour-matched to my face, I feel that it looks like a fake colour. I don't like the packaging - it looks cheap and tacky. I've been using it for about a week no, and for an apparently oil free make up, it sure produces / enables a lot of oil on my face (as opposed to the Prescriptives foundation and other foundations that I have used in the past). I think that the sunscreen in it is what is oil free, not the actual foundation. I have even noticed oil separated from the foundation when I pump it out of the bottle. I would not purchase this product again.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2010 8:36:00 AM More reviews by WorkinMom3Sons

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love Hourglass Veil Foundation - it goes on super smooth and has this luminous quality that makes my skin glow. The wrinkles I have are definitely less visible because my skin looks so fresh. My only reason for not giving 5 lips is that I wish it had just a touch more coverage. I have some broken capillaries around my nose and I still need a bit of concealer over them.

It's expensive at $60, but worth it when you find a foundation you actually use to the bottom of the bottle. I do end up using more than 1 pump though to cover my face, I am not sure how others say they get by with only 1, maybe they like a sheerer coverage. But I find I can build upon this and it never looks cakey.

I stopped using for a while and went back to my Capture Totale by Dior, which I like too, but Hourglass is clear preference just for the luminousity alone.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/16/2010 6:42:00 PM More reviews by bbybashful

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

best foundation i`ve found so far but not perfect. i wouldve given it five lippies if it came with a lighter shade than their lightest shade (no.0). i mean i'm not even super fair... how do people with super super fair skin use this? well overall it's a great product. it lasts pretty long, very sheer looking and gives medium coverage without making it look cakey. it lasts about 7 hours maybe. my skin is acne prone and oily. i have a couple of white heads on my cheeks but i dont think they are caused by this product (i hope) if i get more i'll come back and review this product and take off another lippie :) or maybe two. i would buy again.... so far so good : ) ! until i find a better foundation.

I'm just kidding, i would not be repurchasing this again. The color is okay now since i've gotten a bit darker.. due to summer. But this product does not last that long after a while of wearing it. I've had it for over two months now i can't return it =(. Too bad... i guess i'll slowly use it up.. but this foundation is DEFINITLEY not for oily skin... it made me look like a grease ball after 12 hours or so. ugh will not be repurchasing.. especially for the price too.. 60$ for this product is WAY too expensive and not worth it.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/11/2010 7:06:00 PM More reviews by Crislyn

I agree with some other reviewers. Looks lovely when I first apply it, but in no time it separates, gets oily looking, and sort of melts off everywhere except where it settles into pores and fine lines. No staying power at all. Even when used with primer and a setting powder still very pore staying powder.

One pump definitely is more than enough to do the entire face and I like the idea that it has anti-aging ingredients, but I wont be buying again. My skin isnt terribly oily, but this foundation makes me look greasy after a short time.

I realized that at first I wasn't shaking the bottle before use and once I started shaking the bottle well I did get better results, but disappointed in the staying power and the way it just sort of melts.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2010 11:55:00 AM More reviews by cendana

It claims: water resistant, advanced silicone creates flawless finish, long lasting, promotes younger looking skin and reduce the appearance of wrinkles.

Ok, I can't say much about 'promoting younger looking skin' and 'reducing the appearance of wrinkles' because I am still young and I don't have wrinkles, so I will briefly mention the other claims. Yes it is water resistant, yes it is long lasting and yes it is flawless on me, which I love, and with minimal effort too. I just apply this with the brush and blend and done!

Love the packaging, very luxurious feel, it comes with a pump, and aah lovely bottle... This is quite on the expensive side but I don't regret buying it. Fact that it has SPF as well is such a bonus that I love! It just blends in effortlessly on me.

I have combination-oily skin. Coverage is great (medium buildable) and it just leaves such a natural finish that blurs out imperfections. Nothing too matte, nothing too sheer or cakey. It is just nice! If you love 'matte' this foundation isn't for you. This is NOT a matte foundation. The SA matched me with #1 at first but they were out of stock so I ended up with #2 and I don't regret it. Oh and this does NOT oxidise on me like some other foundations did! (Horror, horror). So I'm really happy with this foundation so far and I hope it will stay that way so I will repurchase sometime in the future when I finally use it up, which will take a while.....

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2010 9:55:00 AM More reviews by beckhamlvr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Love this! It goes on smooth, looks great all day and has improved my skin. I have really oily skin too and this stuff stays on all day and doesn't make me more oily. I actually get compliments on my skin now! It does require wearing a primer though, which I did anyway so that doesn't bother me. Oh and I wish it were less expensive. But regardless, I still love it and will continue wearing it! Note: I've tried so many foundations to even remember them all. One lady at Sephora knows me by name because I've come in so many times returning foundations. This is the only one that's worked.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2010 9:04:00 PM More reviews by rjark

Have been using this for the past 3 months and really like it; the foundation has great coverage and does not cause breakouts. While it is expensive, I find it totally worth it. After an application (one small pump of foundation mixed with a small pump of Hourglass's mineral primer) put on with the Hourglass retractable brush (major!), my foundation lasts the entire day with minimal touchups. The colors are tricky--I wear #1 (Ivory) and have light, yellow-toned skin and it seems to work well. The brand purports skin benefits through usage and my skin has never been better. Highly recommended!

For reference, the foundations I have used in the past include: 3 different YSL's (in #4 sand), Dior (Linen), Chanel (1.5), Laura Mercier (liquid and powder in bamboo beige, real sand and rich vanilla), Shu Uemura, Kanebo (soft beige and natural beige) and Kevyn Aucoin (SSE #6).

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2010 3:03:00 PM More reviews by missvox2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great foundation. Its a give a natural almost dewy finish and covers like a dream. Its lightweight, cream gel and pigmented. The shades run really dark, you will need to go down a shade or two.. Like this alot!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2009 6:36:00 PM More reviews by shanstuff

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Color is KEY, KEY, KEY with this foundation. The SA at Sephora made a big show of buffing several colors into my hand to show me that an exact match was not necessary, because this foundation buffs in so naturally that it "melds" with your skin, but I personally disagree. He originally matched me as a 0, and I went home and found it just sat on my skin and looked very masklike. I was very unhappy with it. However, having read all the glowing reviews here on MUA, I was willing to give it another chance, so I went back and exchanged it for a 1, and now I couldn't be happier.

I disagree with those who say it is specifically light coverage. I feel it can give heavy coverage...as a matter of fact, if you aren't careful, it WILL give heavy coverage. A little (one pump max) goes a loooong way with this stuff. I find that the best application method for me is to stipple it along my cheekbones and then blend outward from there, and then do the same from the center of my forehead out. Be careful around your mouth as well, as I find it tends to look heavy around the mouth and chin if you don't blend well and use a light hand in that area (or maybe that's just me).

I find that it lasts very well and gives a dewy/glowy finish. If you want a matte finish, you will definitely need to follow with setting powder, as this is NOT a matte foundation. Please do not use this alone on oily skin and then complain that you felt like an oil slick! This has never oxidized on me, and I am very fair and tend to have issues with that with a lot of foundations.

I love that it has Matrixyl, ST Skin Tightener, and a primer built right in, although I sometimes use the Hourglass primer in my T-zone when I want an even more flawless finish. This blends into the skin amazingly well and covers imperfections with ease, including red spots. Price is steep at $60US, but it will last forever given that only one small pump (less on light days) is needed for the entire face. I even compared a half-and-half face with my favorite MMU the other day, and this looked more natural. Definitely one of my new HG foundations (I have several, based on my needs for the day/night).
EDIT: Regardless of what anyone tells you, this foundation CAN be applied with fingers or a Beauty Blender sponge with success. I especially like the finish the Beauty Blender gives. Very natural, semi-matte, just blends right into the skin.

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No