Everyday Minerals Free Sample Makeup Kit [DISCONTINUED/REPLACED]

Price: $

Not tested on animals

Mica, Lauroyl Lysine. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Ultramarines

on 3/12/2009 5:36:00 PM

I have been an avid BE user for years but was turned on to this because of cost! I ordered it a few weeks ago and have been using for over a week and I LOVE IT!! My skin looks great. The packaging is pretty, but not terribly functional for me. I will probably get another sample kit because I don't quite have a foundation match, although what I have is close. I absolutely love the price and the options. I got the green concealer and didn't care much for it though. Luckily, the foundation covers everything I need it to. This is a definite repurchase for me!

UPDATE: After using this for a few days, my skin broke out! I've had some trouble getting it to blend as well as my BE does. I have gone back to my trusty bare minerals and my skin has cleared up. Best to stick with what works!

on 3/12/2009 11:06:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

These little samples are the cutest ever! Compared to signature mineral samples, the packaging is prettier looking to me, and the shipping is really fast. All you pay is shipping, so why not try the product? The samples were awesome and this is the only mineral site I know of that you can pic your own formulas of the foundations. I bought the intensive, which seems to be everyone's favorite, and it covers really nice. You get to make your own kit, three foundations, one blush, and one concealer. The only thing is I like signature minerals kits better because you get six samples of whatever you want.

on 3/8/2009 12:33:00 PM

I love the fact that EDM is willing to send samples of their product shades. It does help to choose the right foundation shade, and I have recommended their trial to many people. Since this is a review for the "sample kit" and not the product, I have given it 4 lippies (one off because they did goof an order and send me two of the same shade/finish). I did not end up purchasing a full size of the foundation, because it broke me out - but the sample program is awesome!

on 3/8/2009 11:59:00 AM

this is a good product for the price, considering how cheap it is, but i don't like using it. unlike bare escentuals, this seems to sit on my face and look powdery whereas bare escentuals eventually kind of melts in and looks natural. it also provides basically no coverage, and i don't even need much.

i'm also not a fan of their website. the swatches are really inaccurate, but luckily i was able to mix two colors to get the right shade.

i got the mint concealer, it didn't blend at all no matter how much i tried, and the blush was kind of colorless once applied to my face. i've been using mm for like four years now so i know i was applying it correctly.

one thing i did like though was the container. i like that the sifter is removeable and replaceable, even if the makeup doesn't stick to the top enough for it to be useful. other than the removeable sifter, i prefer bare escentuals packaging because the white insert in the lid makes it a lot easier to swirl the minerals into your brush.

idk, it's a good value and i'd suggest people try it because it is better than drugstore mineral makeup, but it's not as good as bare escentuals. i don't even have much to cover, i just like to even out my skintone and this did not provide enough no matter how much i applied. it also didn't last through the day even with my bare escentuals primer and i usually don't have a problem with that. this is really nothing more than a translucent powder to me, if you need any coverage at all i wouldn't suggest this.

on 2/22/2009 2:04:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Everyday minerals continues to impress me.
The first product I tried was the multi-tasking concealer, which to this day is the best concealer I've found.
After sampling 8 different foundation shades in the free kits, I've finally found a perfect mach for my neutral fair skintone.
I usually use the lightest color any brand carries. I do have a very slight olive under tone to my skin and most EM foundations were either too white, too yellow etc. Sun kissed fair is the absolute perfect match for me, and it imparts this natural "glow from within" look I love.
EM blushes are absolutely amazing. The colors go on smooth, blend in easily and stay on all day long.
My favorite is back to school, which is a peached-pink with silver shimmer. It gives me a glow no other product has.
I will continue using EM, and I highly recommend them.
My only complaint is that I wish they had a freestanding store around. I don't mind ordering online, but I like to test colors in person.

on 2/21/2009 1:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Nothing to think about on price-samples for $3.00-works for me!

The product is good-the colors are great.
I love their blush colors-not overdone and great selection.
Looks perfect on.
I love that they send these cheap samples so you can try it out before buying.
I went to their everyday mineral sight and placed my order-good stuff! It showed up a few days later. PERFECT!!

on 2/18/2009 5:54:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE EDM! The price of shipping ($3?) cannot be beat for the samples that you get.

I am going to test this out a few more days, but so far, infinitely better than Bare Minerals, the sample kit is great to try and the best deal you'll find I'm sure. Really, you have nothing to lose.

on 2/17/2009 5:48:00 PM

I got this sample kit when I was trying to find a new foundation. It's great that they let you try out different shades for only the cost of shipping. Only thing I wish they would do? Offer samples of the eyeshadows.

on 2/17/2009 4:15:00 PM

Simply the best. Nothing can beat the quality or the price. I'm so glad I tried this sample kit because all I use now is EDM!

on 2/17/2009 10:37:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I am a PE Teacher starting with to bloom in beauty world. I have touched some makeup but never with mineral makeup...and what have made me drool are the samples of everyday minerals. Yup, I love their product! I am lucky to have the right colors for me (for their website is very very helpful) leaving an airbrushed look. lolz