October 31, 2014 | 892 users online

Gels/Soaps - Kiss My Face - Olive Oil Soap

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2007 11:31:00 AM More reviews by dhat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This soap is what I always go back to after trying other things. I just tried DHC cleansing oil and am now paying the price for straying! I have huge cystic zits all over my forehead and chin. Kiss my face has never broken me out. Maybe after this I will have learned my lession.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2007 11:47:00 AM More reviews by taizi

This is a great product. I got this at Whole Foods for about $3 or less, great price too. Yes, the soap was a bit ugly, so what? I used it on my face and it removed my make up perfectly! My face felt smooth and soft afterwards, plus it hydrated my skin well. I also love the smell of this product, it is a very natural smell along with olives. Mmmm. I can't wait to try KMF's other soaps!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/6/2007 7:16:00 PM More reviews by kellygreeneyes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I thought this soap was ok. I bought it for use as a face soap but ended up using it as a face soap and body soap while traveling. I liked it because it has safe ingredients and was pretty inexpensive. It cleaned my face well, but it wasn't anything amazing.
The smell wasn't awful but wasn't great either. It was a pretty gross color (whoever mentioned army green/brown was right on) and mine also mettled into this slimy, congealed goo... but even so, it was still long lasting. These complaints are due to the fact that they haven't added any unnecessary ingredients to the soap, which I support, but I wouldn't buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2007 8:39:00 PM More reviews by JanetFF1

I really like using olive oil products because the skin on my body is very dry, and I have found that olive oil products really hydrate my skin. The KMF soap is great- I use this on both my hair and my face, and also to wash my hands. I have found that the soap is great for washing my face in the winter months, and the soap is definitely not overdrying on my body. I like this does not have a strong scent like the Serious Skin Care olive oil products do, and I like KMF olive oil products better than SSC olive oil overall. I also like that Kiss my Face is natural, and my sister likes using this soap as well.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2007 6:37:00 PM More reviews by caitlinv

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This broke me out in cystic pimples :( The olive oil was definately the culprit.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2007 7:58:00 PM More reviews by cagirl

This is great for someone with sensitive skin. Need to be careful about where you keep it (I have a soap rack/raiser thingy that keeps it dry) or else it will melt. I have bought this over and over.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2007 1:25:00 PM More reviews by NantanYah

Originally I bought this for my face. It made me wayyy too oily though, as I have combo skin, so I started using it on my body. I love it, especially the fact that my skin is so moist after my shower/bath. I hate the paper wrapper it comes in so I'd just switch it over to a plastic soap holder and Ouila'! Anyway, this stuff is excellent, but if you uwant something with an actual fragrance then this isn't for you.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/30/2007 10:15:00 AM More reviews by IronPill

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this originally to use on my face, but I'm just using it on my body now. I have sensitive skin that gets fairly dry in the winter but oily in the warmer months, and it's left my face somewhat tight and dry but not so badly that it will flake or feel irritated..it's not as bad for me as Ivory soap or Dove soap (I tried a Dove soap bar for sensitive skin, and it was no go for my face). If I had nothing to chose to use on my face but a bar of soap, Kiss My Face Olive Oil Bar Soap would be it. It's great for using on my body for sure, so I'll continue doing that.

UPDATE: Since the weather has become more humid over the past month, I've decided to start using the KMF olive oil soap again on my face and I must say it's working just fine now. So, personally, I'm finding using it during warm and hot weather on my face is great.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2007 12:02:00 AM More reviews by redhair

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like this soap - I bought it after my search for an all-natural soap brought me to the ewg.org website and this was toward the top of their list. I've just been using it on my face since I can't seem to part w/ my Dove soap. Plus the scent is kinda peculiar. It really gets off all my makeup though, and never seems to irritate my skin. It does leave it very squeaky clean though. So if you're looking for a creamy consistency or have dry skin, this probably is not the soap for you. My skin tends to be a bit oily and acne prone and I was basically looking for something that would be gentle and not irritate my face. No breakouts so far and I'm on my second bar. The listed ingredients are: Saponified Olive Oil, Water, Sodium Chloride, Citric Acid (a natural pH balancer).

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2007 7:05:00 PM More reviews by rtorres72

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have combination skin/acne-prone skin with slight rosacea on my cheeks. In short, so sensitive skin products don't seem to get my skin clean enough to prevent breakouts and acne products are too harsh. I have been using the KMF olive oil soap for about 3 weeks now and am VERY happy with the results! My skin looks and feels clean without dryness. My chin especially is noticeably clearer and the one red bumb that was threatening to turn into an large ugly pimple disappeared in 2 days. I also use the soap in the shower and have noticed that the skin on my back is clearer and my skin soft overall. The scent is a little off-putting at first, but I have come to like it! Plus, it is really very faint and doesn't interfere with perfume/lotion. I will definitely continue to use this soap! Be sure to store where it can dry out between uses...this will prevent the gooey green mess ;)