September 2, 2014 | 1678 users online

Powder - L'Oreal - Bare Naturale Powdered Mineral Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2012 3:48:00 PM More reviews by Beautyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this on & off for at least 3 years now. I always seem to come back to it when I just wanna wear powder & no liquid. I actually really love this foundation because it the amount of coverage it gives it amazing. It covers better than high end mineral foundations & I was blown away by that considering the scaring on my face requires a lot of coverage. I'm only giving it a 3 because it can stick to dry spots and look cakey. I also noticed in all photos where I am wearing this I look like a ghost. I can't see to find a really good color match either. I end up using the shade that's a tad too light and I have to darken it up with a small amount of another powder. If you find a good shade in this it's completely worth it. I've never broken out from it and the coverage like I said is great.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/11/2012 1:48:00 AM More reviews by froggrlily

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This one was okay. It gave decent coverage but had a tendency to cling to dry spots and other imperfections unattractively. It got everywhere every time I used it. I tried Bare Minerals and liked that a bit better but even then, it's just not the type of finish I want. I find it hard to make these mineral powders look very natural. Also, the cap over the brush would just not stay on. I ended up giving this one to my mom after using it for a month or two. If you like a matte finish and have skin that's less on the dry side, you might have better luck with this.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2012 2:45:00 AM More reviews by kaitlinfaith88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Ok, so I have always been a liquid foundation person and finally decided after not being able to find anything that wouldn't break me out to switch to a powder. This stuff is pricey for drugstore makeup, but I wouldn't change for anything! At first it was hard to use and seemed to make my skin oily, but it really improved my skin overall in a matter of a couple of weeks. I have now purchased this product for the third time and LOVE it still. It doesn't cover as well as foundation (hey, it's a powder, give it a break) but trust me, once you see your skin improving, you will not want to cover up so much! The biggest compliment I can give this product is that it lasts... Most makeup I run out in a month or less. This stuff I can buy and it will last me at least 2 months and I wear it EVERYDAY. Seriously, love it. Only complaint would be it gets everywhere, I have powder all over my makeup area and usually get loose powder on my clothes, but it's worth it to me!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/21/2012 11:06:00 PM More reviews by yankee77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

You know what I hate?! When people review products and they've only used it for a couple of days or weeks. All these people rave about stuff only to change their opinion later. GIVE IT TIME, PEOPLE. I have used this mineral foundation for 8 months straight and I feel I have given it enough time to accurately review it, so here it goes... I was in love the minute I tried this foundation. My skin looked amazing and I was sure this was it for me (see, it's always good to give it time, ladies...) PROS-This mineral foundation is not too expensive and it will last forever. You don't need to apply that much and the coverage is good. It makes your skin look luminous and glowy. You can apply it in a few minutes and be out the door. CONS- It can be messy. It has ingredients that are hard on your skin. It will clog your pores. And when I say clog, I mean the kind that clay masks, pore strips, hot rags and extractor tools can't touch. So your skin will look beautiful until your pores get clogged and you have small bumps and blackheads all over your face. This foundation was OK for the winter months, but now that it's hot outside, I am going to need something different. Lesson here-If it's too good to be true, it probably is.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2012 1:21:00 PM More reviews by chickee394

I have been using this powder for over six years now. I have combination skin (very oily t-zone) and am prone to breakouts and this never makes me break out. My skin actually LIKES this powder because the minerals are gentle and the powder sops up the oil. I get amazing coverage with this powder, both with and without liquid foundation underneath. I sometimes use it on my eyelids too as a shadow primer. The packaging took some getting used to at first, but now I really like it especially because it's all in one. I can just throw it in my purse and it's durable (no breaking or spilling). I only wish that this would last longer throughout the day. I always have this problem with the oily spots on my skin, so I guess this is no different. My other complaint would be the price. I bought a few of these on sale when they were regularly $11-12 so I didn't have to buy any for about two years (one lasts me about a year!). I recently went back to buy at CVS and it costs over $16 now! I was shocked by the price increase, but since it lasts me so long and works so well I can't really complain too much!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/17/2012 11:09:00 PM More reviews by juliejujube

OVERALL: This used to be my go-to powder foundation for about 2-3 years. I loved the coverage and the color matched me well. But then I noticed my skin would get really oily when I wore it. So I knew had to switch.

I have also tried Lancome, Clinique and MAC, and none of those were great to me either. Lancome was not enough coverage, Clinique had an odd smell, and MAC was too cakey on me. I am now using MUFE DUO POWDER and so far I like it. It doesn't make my face oily and it has decent coverage.

PRICE: Expensive for a drugstore make-up IMO, but drug stores always have sales so wait until L'OREAL has a BOGO deal.

PACKAGING: I actually don't mind using the brush, just remember to wash it every now and then to prevent bacteria from building up. I hated bringing it with me to travel b/c the bottle got tossed around in my bag. I'd open the jar to apply make-up and find excess powder on top.

WOULD YOU BUY THIS PRODUCT AGAIN? The only reason why I wouldn't buy this again is because it gave me oily skin. If you don't have that problem, I'd say go for it!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/15/2012 12:16:00 PM More reviews by IGotThemBunz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really didn't like this mineral foundation. From the start, I had a problem finding my color. Even the one that seemed to look closest to my color (buff baige) ended up looking really ashy, chalky & cakey on my face. When I applied it, my face was completely dull & looked like it had no life! I like my foundations to give me a semi matte finish, but this one was too matte. It was really obvious I was wearing makeup, specially in sunlight. & then my face would start getting oily within 3 hrs & this foundation seemed to slip right off & left me with patches:/ I will definitely not be repurchasing this product. I say this foundation is more for girls who have normal to very slightly oily skin.. Was definitely not for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/14/2012 1:31:00 PM More reviews by Gameofruth

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really love this product! I was camping and was in desperate need of concealer so my friend let me use her True Match concealer and I loved it. So I decided to buy the foundation too and it did not let me down! It covers beautifully and doesn't take long to apply. My skin is super dry and this helps to camoflauge it. If you've never tried mineral makeup before then this is a fabulous place to start. Would I buy this product again? In a heartbeat.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2012 5:17:00 PM More reviews by cottagebeautyqueen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

wont use anything else ive tried mac foundations and they dont compair to this full coverage and ability to layer and the lasting time is amazing if e workout with this on and sweat and this barely needs a touch up after

rated 4 of 5 on 2/26/2012 9:59:00 AM More reviews by heyyoo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

overall the product is good. its a little too cakey so i use it in small amounts (which is good i guess because im getting my moneys worth). it does blend in with my skin which im glad about but i have to mix it in well or else its obvious im wearing powder. i like the fact that its mineral and it feel natural unlike other foundations that cause acne. i would buy this product again.