Rimmel Natural Bronzer - 21 Sun Light

NATURAL BRONZER (SHADES 021, 022) INGREDIENTS: TALC, ISOSTEARYL NEOPENTANOATE, POLYBUTYLENE TEREPHTHALATE, MAGNESIUM STEARATE, ACRYLATES COPO- LYMER, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, POLYBUTENE, METHYLPARABEN, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, STEARIC ACID, PROPYLPARABEN, ETHY- LENE/VA COPOLYMER, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, COCOS NUCIFERA (COCONUT) OIL, PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM/MINERAL OIL/HUILE MINERALE, PARFUM/FRAGRANCE, ALOE METHYLPROPIONAL, BEN- ZYL SALICYLATE, CITRONELLOL, HEXYL CINNAMAL, HYDROXYISOHEXYL 3-CYCLOHEXENE CARBOXALDEHYDE, LINALOOL, BUTYL- PARABEN [May Contain/Peut Contenir/ /-:MICA (CI 77019), TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), ULTRAMARINES (CI 77007)]. NATURAL BRONZER (SHADE 027) INGREDIENTS: TALC, ISOSTEARYL NEOPENTANOATE, MAGNESIUM STEARATE, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, POLYBUTENE, METHYLPARABEN, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, STEARIC ACID, PROPYLPARABEN, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, COCOS NUCIFERA (COCONUT) OIL, PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM/MINERAL OIL/HUILE MINERALE, PARFUM/ FRAGRANCE, ALOE BARBADENSIS LEAF EXTRACT, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, BENZYL SALICYLATE, CITRONELLOL, HEXYL CINNAMAL, HYDROXYISOHEXYL 3-CYCLOHEXENE CARBOXALDEHYDE, LINALOOL, BUTYLPARABEN [May Contain/Peut Contenir/ /-: MICA (CI 77019), IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), ULTRAMARINES (CI77007)].

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Every other bronzer I've tried has made me look dirty or sparkly and for the longest time, I had a very hate-hate relationship with bronzer. But since I'm in the middle of a hot summer, my pale ass needs to look like it actually gets sun, and I bought this bronzer after reviews on MakeupAlley. I find it applies exceptionally well, is easy to blend, and is buildable so I don't ever go overboard. It has pretty good staying power as long as I put on translucent powder beforehand. What I like most is the lack of glitter, though - very pretty, very natural. I will probably stick to this bronzer from now on.

on 7/17/2012 1:05:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've only tried a few bronzers in the past and they all made my skin look dirty. I have tan olive reddish skin. This one was nice and neutral to stick in the shadows of my round cheeks. I have no cheekbones and a round moonpie lumpy face so I don't want to draw attention to my cheeks. It's a nice background healthy accent, especially when I want to do brighter eyes or lips.

on 7/17/2012 12:20:00 AM

Too light and sheer for me. Felt like I didn't have any bronzer on. The packaging isn't too sturdy and looks really cheap... hmm, too cheap. Smells too much like sunblock and doesn't slide smoothly on the skin.

on 6/8/2012 7:46:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I think this is a light coverage bronzer and I like how it doesn't have any shimmer in it. It's definitely a more natural sun kissed look, where you're not really going to notice that there is bronzer on your face, which is what I like. If you're looking for something more pigmented that you'll see as soon as you apply it to your face, this probably not the bronzer for you. But it's really affordable, so it might be worth giving a try anyway!

on 5/2/2012 2:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I have never tried bronzer before, but the estee lauder rep suggested I try it to distract from redness on my face. Well…I wasn’t interested in their expensive version, so I turned to MUA and saw that this one was recommended.

First, I got it for 50% off at Walgreens. This is great so I won’t be remorseful if I change my mind later and stop using it.

I am very fair – and I got the “lightest” bronzer they have, Sun Light 021 (there were 3 colors). I just swirled my blush brush through it a couple times, applied it like blush (cheeks, nose, chin, forehead) and it looks great! It really is not too dark at all – I was a little worried it would be really noticeable, but so far it’s not. I’m sure you can achieve darker just by applying more. I like the option of keeping it light though.

I also like that it’s not shimmery. That was another turn off on the estee lauder one – my face was so sparkly.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This doesn't even show in my skin and it the darkest color and Im not thar dark! The packaging broke and its awful!

I heard great reviews about this product so I wanted to try it out. I've only had it for a short while but so far I really like it. My two biggest complaints about bronzers are that they are too shimmery and/or too dark. This one is the perfect shade to give me that sun kissed look and doesn't look obviously fake, and it doesn't make me all shimmery which also looks fake. My only complaint is that I have difficulty picking up the powder on my brush and really have to swirl it to get anything. But for the price, I can't complain too much.

on 3/15/2012 2:14:00 PM

HG bronzer!

Which could just be that it's the first one I've ever bought, but I don't even have a desire to TRY OUT others. It was fairly cheap, nice and matte and pigmented but buildable. Lasts all day, stays put, blends out easily, I mean seriously. Sun Light is the perfect color for my fairish skin that turns medium in the summer - I like to wear it as a blush or even on my eyes for a little tawny goodness. Comes with a really good amount of product - I've probably been wearing it on my cheeks every other day or so for the last six months and I've just barely started eroding the design in the powder. LOVE love love this.

on 3/14/2012 10:40:00 AM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

Here we go again, an amazing Rimmel product for not much money. I love this particular color #021 as I find it not too dark nor too light. It says it's a mineralized powder, but it has no sheen whatsoever as every mineral base anything seems to have some sort of glow to it. This, for me, is a MAT POWDER. I tend to use it as a cheek contour just under where my blush stops (moving toward the jawline.) I use a very narrow brush which is on the firmer side w/short hairs. It's shape is linear. Normally I wouldn't even think of contouring in daylight, but there is something about the color and payoff/texture on the skin which actually allows it (contouring) to be done and makes the finished makeup look better because of it. This is an EXCELLENT powder in every meaning of the word. I LOVE it!!!

on 3/8/2012 12:01:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This product has always been my "go-to" bronzer. I have fair skin & it is very difficult to find a bronzer that doesn't make me look orange. This product is light enough to give you a hint of color that doesn't look fake. The only con's about this bronzer is that it leaves a mess of loose "bronze" powder when you tap your brush & that it doesn't last that long. But, for the price-I think it's a great product!