July 31, 2014 | 2116 users online

Self Tanners - Malibu Tan - Hemp Golden Glow Skin Firming Bronzing Moisturizer

rated 2 of 5 on 10/24/2009 8:09:00 AM More reviews by summerteeth1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I didn't like this. It wasn't anything special and it smelled bad to boot. The only redeeming quality is that it is probably the cheapest bronzing moisturizer I have seen - most seem to be more than the $4 I paid for this huge (and now wasted) bottle. Live and learn, I suppose.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2009 4:53:00 PM More reviews by pure1magination

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Picked this up at Walmart for a grand total of $5. This is a fantastic, cheap, everyday bronzing moisturizer -- perfect for fair skinned ladies in the wintertime especially. Compared to a lot of other self-tanners, this doesn't bronze quite as much, but it is very natural, streak-free, and gives just enough color to look "bronzed" and healthy. The bottle is huge (18 ounces!) compared to most other self-tanners, excellent value. It also smells great (like coconuts?) but not overwhelming, and leaves my skin very soft and moisturized.
Doesn't stain my hands or accumulate much in other areas.. I don't even wash my hands after, I just wipe them off. Also doesn't have any microglitter on it and doesn't break me out when I use it on my face.
HG status for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/2/2009 7:16:00 PM More reviews by momseybabes

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Was using this products for weeks. I loved how it moisturized. Never streaked and gave a hint of color.
Didn't smell awful like some other self-tanners.
Started noticing itchy patches on arms and legs but thought it was due to stress or allergies. It never dawned on me it would be this lotion since I've never been allergic to anything before.
Stopped using this for awhile and itchy patches went away.
Now just started using it again and they were back in a few days. It must be this lotion. I can't think of anything else it could be. Very sad since I loved the color and moisturizing without streaking.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2009 9:21:00 PM More reviews by CrazyNanny

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My HG self-tanner.I've used every self-tanner known to man and have very sensitive skin. My chief complaint with other self tanners is that they stink especially after they mix with my skin. But not this one, this gives me a beautiful color and leaves my skin moisturized. 3 of my friends have started using it because they couldn't believe what a natural color it gave me. Would buy again and again, I'm on my 3rd bottle.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/4/2009 6:12:00 PM More reviews by mckayla026

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a hard one for me. I used the product last year with great results, but I dont know if they changed the formula or what, but I have been having the same rashes and itchy spots the others spoke of. I really do love the color, I have never had any streaks and it is just subtle and nice, but after taking an couple weeks off cuz the rashes/itchiness, I started it back up 4 days ago and the rash and itching is back. Its not unbearable and as long as I control myself from scratching it its not that bad, but once I start scratching, its like a mesquito bite...it itches like crazy and the bumps start to spread....because of that I will not repurchase, but before I had this problem, I thought it was a wonderful self tanner!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/8/2009 7:27:00 AM More reviews by lisa6661

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

this is the second bronzer ive ever used. the first one did not work well because of the scent. this one smells really good, but after awhile i get a little 'tan' smell. i noticed after i out this on my face in the night, the next day i woke up with a weird face texture like tiny wrinkles everywhere. everything is perfect except the after smell and sometimes on certain days it gives me a weird rash that goes away after a couple of minutes. i recommend this in the regular lotion because it makes your skin really soft.
UPDATE: so i stopped using this and as the tan faded it left streaks on my inner thigh that looked like huge stretch marks. It didnt actually fade as it more of "went away" leaving behind tiny tan weird looking dots on the inner of the arm where a tan tends to disappear first. Making skin look as if it has a dirty patch, and very uneven.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/28/2009 3:13:00 AM More reviews by MermyTilly

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my first review on MUA.
I purchased this tonight at Walmart and have just finished my 1st application. The price is really cheap. I think it was around six bucks. The yucky smell with other self tanners is not noticeable yet, which for me is the most important factor when I was selecting what self tanner I wanted to buy. This smell at first seemed like banana but now might be more floral. So far I am very pleased with it. I don't think I have sensitive skin, but I am a bit concerned with the other reviews on this about rashes or itching. I do feel a little itching or burning but nothing too irritating. I will update my review after a few days of use as I am eager to see the results!
Update: (9 days later) I applied every night. I'm ok with the color but it could be darker! I'm ok with the smell, its not gagging me like some of the others can. I think I will keep this up till I get too lazy to think this small amount of color is worth the trouble. If you are looking for a LITTLE BIT of color for a more natural look then this could be for you but for me it's just mediocre.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/2/2009 3:17:00 PM More reviews by dancingmermaiddesigns

I am more of a reader on MUA than a poster of product reviews but I really thought I owe those girls with sensitive skin about a severe reaction to this self-tanner. I also saw 3 other reviews written previously about this product with the same complaints I have. Basically, I loved the color this product gave my pale skin. And the application was flawless...no streaks, no strong odor, nice consistency and great price. BUT...after using this product regularly, I noticed an itchy rash on my legs at first and now my arms and I'm pretty sure it's this stuff. I have a very large ugly patch of this rash on my shin on one of my legs and I've had to apply Aveeno Hydrocortizone cream on it to stop the itch. So, just a warning that this product is seems to be very good for those that do not have sensitive skin, based on the reviews here. But if you are reading this after you've tried this product and are noticing an itchy rash, it may very well be this self tanner. And if you have sensitive skin and are thinking about trying this, you may pass on it. Worth mentioning is that I have used self-tanners since the early 90's and I have never had a reaction like this! Oh well, it was good for a while until it caused this rash!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2009 7:25:00 AM More reviews by valleygal8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

good for the legs and anywhere but the face! (for me) it makes my face break out but is fab for the rest of the body. its ridiculously cheap, for a giant container, so i am going to recommend the more pricey face tan solutions and leave the rest of the body with this!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2009 2:00:00 PM More reviews by Karen0425

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is the best....I put it on every night before bed....and keep a golden tan all year....LOVE