Malibu Tan - Hemp Golden Glow Skin Firming Bronzing Moisturizer

4.3

Water, Propylene Glycol, Coconut (Cocos Nucifera) Oil, Cetearyl Alcohol, Polysorbate 60, Isopropyl Myristate, Cetyl Alcohol, Sorbitan Stearate, Dihydroxyacetone, Glycerin, Stearic Acid, Hempseed (Cannabis Sativa) Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Erythrulose, Ubiquinone, Butylene Glycol, PEG-8, Bupleurum Falcatum Extract, Caffeine, Coenzyme A, Sesame (Sesamum Indicum) Oil, Jojoba (Buxus Chinensis) Oil, Sunflower (Helianthus Annuus) Seed Oil, Olive (Olea Europaea) Oil, Tea Tree (Melaleuca Alternifolia) Oil, Green Tea (Camellia Oleifera) Extract, Calendula Officinalis Extract, Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone, Sodium Gluconate, Potassium Sorbate, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Fragrance, BHT, Citric Acid.

Yay, a self tanner with a pleasant scent! I was out to buy another bottle of Ocean Potion Ever Glow gradual self tanning lotion, which was one of the better smelling gradual tan lotions in my opinion, but haven't been seeing it at store anymore. I saw the Malibu Tan Hemp Golden Glow lotion at Walmart and decided to check it out. I took a sniff and noticed that it smelled kind of like bananas and coconut. If you don't care for tropical scents, you probably won't like this, but I really like the scent a lot. Great for summer! I also liked that it wasn't tinted, so that way I wouldn't stain my clothes after applying. It was between $5-6, so a great price, although the Ocean Potion stuff was even cheaper at $3-4 for a larger bottle. Either way, much cheaper and better smelling than other products. I can't stand the scent of Jergens gradual self tanners and many of the other popular brands (I've heard that some of the Coppertone ones are okay, so I'd be willing to give that one a try if I can't find the Malibu one again). I applied this pretty quickly after a shower without any special kind of exfoliating or using any other lotions. I still put a normal amount on my knees and elbows and even a little bit on my feet. It was nice and moisturizing and made my skin feel nice, yet wasn't sticky or greasy. I do notice that Ocean Potion can get a little sticky, so this was a big plus to me! I waited about 5 minutes before getting dressed again. In the morning, I noticed that I had a slight glow, which was great because I looked well rested and my skin looked more even. After two days, I could definitely notice the color a little more. Today was day three and I look forward to seeing how it turns out. I DO hope that if I apply this every day, I get a good amount of color. So far it's very natural looking and not super noticeable, and I would love a darker tan! Another wonderful thing... usually when I'm self tanning, after I shave my legs, the self tanner tends to come off and my legs look a little streaky. I just shaved and my legs don't have any streaks! Wonderful! I'm still applying it pretty quickly in just a few minutes and don't exfoliate, yet I still get even, non-streaky color. I just think you have to be patient and apply it every day to get noticeable results. This is fine, because I use a body lotion after showering every night, and this works great as a normal lotion. I even used it on my face and haven't had any breakouts from it. The tint on me is very nice, not yellow or orange or any weird color. I do notice a very slight DHA scent as the color starts to develop, but it's barely there. I notice that it fades off by the morning anyway. It's definitely much less noticeable than most other brands (again, only Ocean Potion is comparable for me). I'd definitely repurchase and am very happy that I gave this stuff a try!

My suggestion- just take a sniff of the product in the store before buying. The tropical scent stays noticeable for at least a few hours, so make sure you like it! I do! Also, remember that this is a gradual self tanner, so the results aren't going to be super noticeable and you won't get a super dark tan. I find that these are easier to use in the long run b/c they are faster to use, and your tan stays pretty even in color rather than being much darker some days, then fading, then dark again, etc. Try this out!

EDIT: I continue to get good results with this stuff! I still like the scent very much, although I still recommend smelling it first to make sure you like the tropical scent. The self tanner smell really is hardly, hardly there. Even with others that smelled pretty decent, I noticed a self tanner scent slightly more than this one about an hour or so after applying. This one has the least scent for me so far. I good a nice slightly darker color, although I do wish they had a version that got a little darker (I guess that would affect the smell though). One of my favorite things is that when I shave, my legs don't look streaky from the self tanner coming off. It seems to still look good!

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love this product! I am not really a fan of self tanners as they are a lot of work to put on, can fade wierdly, and worst of all is the smell! This formula is the best self tanner I've ever used, and I have tried many, from the high end to low. I regularly go tanning, but I try to supplement it with self tanner so that I don't have to go as often, so I'm starting with a decently dark base color. After one use, my skintone looks much more even and a little darker. I use this maybe once every 2-3 days in the summer to even out my color and get a little darker, and it looks so natural!
The best part of the product is that you don't have to put in all the work of a regular self tanner. If you don't exfoliate before you use it, it won't streak or come off quicker. You can apply it just like a regular moisturizer without worrying about looking streaky. I have very dry skin and it actually moisturizes fantastically! It also hasn't caused any chest or back acne, which I sometimes have problems with. And best of all - it doesn't smell! Woohoo!

I've been using this product for about a month off and on. I really like it, although sometimes when I use to much I break out in hives. My sister has been using it for a long time though and likes it a lot. It's deffintely made me look nice and bronze. The only down side I see is that it doesn't darken my skin as much as other things, but I still like it.
I'd deffintely recommend it, although if you have sensitive skin I wouldn't use too much. Due to the hives and itchyness.

-Rosie

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This product is very consistent as well as has a nice color. I usually use this item in between self tanner applications for moisture as well and maintence. The smell is light and yummy smelling. It does not stink over time either! To top it all off, it's super cheap! The only downfall for this item is that it does not give you that much color if used alone. It's worth a shot!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really wanted to like this product. I mean I like the color, its pretty realistic but the smell to me is really bad, it used to smell good to me but now its just getting to me.

The consistency is okay, I really wanted something more like nice drier cream instead of this. When I apply its kinda sticky and takes a while to dry. I usually apply this before bed but I can't stand the way it feels when I get under the sheets so I have to stand in front of the fan for a while.

So after the 7 days I noticed a good brown natural color but I didn't reapply for about 2 days. I noticed that I got a lot of "lizard skin" as they say at sunless.com and I just looked like a splotchy mess. Maybe if I kept reapplying it day after day it wouldn't have done that... but I don't really want to apply it forever.

So I gave this 2 because its a good color but the smell, the lizard skin and the stickiness is just not worth it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I didn't like this. It wasn't anything special and it smelled bad to boot. The only redeeming quality is that it is probably the cheapest bronzing moisturizer I have seen - most seem to be more than the $4 I paid for this huge (and now wasted) bottle. Live and learn, I suppose.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Picked this up at Walmart for a grand total of $5. This is a fantastic, cheap, everyday bronzing moisturizer -- perfect for fair skinned ladies in the wintertime especially. Compared to a lot of other self-tanners, this doesn't bronze quite as much, but it is very natural, streak-free, and gives just enough color to look "bronzed" and healthy. The bottle is huge (18 ounces!) compared to most other self-tanners, excellent value. It also smells great (like coconuts?) but not overwhelming, and leaves my skin very soft and moisturized.
Doesn't stain my hands or accumulate much in other areas.. I don't even wash my hands after, I just wipe them off. Also doesn't have any microglitter on it and doesn't break me out when I use it on my face.
HG status for me.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Was using this products for weeks. I loved how it moisturized. Never streaked and gave a hint of color.
Didn't smell awful like some other self-tanners.
Started noticing itchy patches on arms and legs but thought it was due to stress or allergies. It never dawned on me it would be this lotion since I've never been allergic to anything before.
Stopped using this for awhile and itchy patches went away.
Now just started using it again and they were back in a few days. It must be this lotion. I can't think of anything else it could be. Very sad since I loved the color and moisturizing without streaking.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

My HG self-tanner.I've used every self-tanner known to man and have very sensitive skin. My chief complaint with other self tanners is that they stink especially after they mix with my skin. But not this one, this gives me a beautiful color and leaves my skin moisturized. 3 of my friends have started using it because they couldn't believe what a natural color it gave me. Would buy again and again, I'm on my 3rd bottle.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is a hard one for me. I used the product last year with great results, but I dont know if they changed the formula or what, but I have been having the same rashes and itchy spots the others spoke of. I really do love the color, I have never had any streaks and it is just subtle and nice, but after taking an couple weeks off cuz the rashes/itchiness, I started it back up 4 days ago and the rash and itching is back. Its not unbearable and as long as I control myself from scratching it its not that bad, but once I start scratching, its like a mesquito bite...it itches like crazy and the bumps start to spread....because of that I will not repurchase, but before I had this problem, I thought it was a wonderful self tanner!!!