April 17, 2014 | 1015 users online

Self Tanners - Malibu Tan - Hemp Golden Glow Skin Firming Bronzing Moisturizer

rated 1 of 5 on 7/8/2009 7:27:00 AM More reviews by lisa6661

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

this is the second bronzer ive ever used. the first one did not work well because of the scent. this one smells really good, but after awhile i get a little 'tan' smell. i noticed after i out this on my face in the night, the next day i woke up with a weird face texture like tiny wrinkles everywhere. everything is perfect except the after smell and sometimes on certain days it gives me a weird rash that goes away after a couple of minutes. i recommend this in the regular lotion because it makes your skin really soft.
UPDATE: so i stopped using this and as the tan faded it left streaks on my inner thigh that looked like huge stretch marks. It didnt actually fade as it more of "went away" leaving behind tiny tan weird looking dots on the inner of the arm where a tan tends to disappear first. Making skin look as if it has a dirty patch, and very uneven.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/28/2009 3:13:00 AM More reviews by MermyTilly

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my first review on MUA.
I purchased this tonight at Walmart and have just finished my 1st application. The price is really cheap. I think it was around six bucks. The yucky smell with other self tanners is not noticeable yet, which for me is the most important factor when I was selecting what self tanner I wanted to buy. This smell at first seemed like banana but now might be more floral. So far I am very pleased with it. I don't think I have sensitive skin, but I am a bit concerned with the other reviews on this about rashes or itching. I do feel a little itching or burning but nothing too irritating. I will update my review after a few days of use as I am eager to see the results!
Update: (9 days later) I applied every night. I'm ok with the color but it could be darker! I'm ok with the smell, its not gagging me like some of the others can. I think I will keep this up till I get too lazy to think this small amount of color is worth the trouble. If you are looking for a LITTLE BIT of color for a more natural look then this could be for you but for me it's just mediocre.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/2/2009 3:17:00 PM More reviews by dancingmermaiddesigns

I am more of a reader on MUA than a poster of product reviews but I really thought I owe those girls with sensitive skin about a severe reaction to this self-tanner. I also saw 3 other reviews written previously about this product with the same complaints I have. Basically, I loved the color this product gave my pale skin. And the application was flawless...no streaks, no strong odor, nice consistency and great price. BUT...after using this product regularly, I noticed an itchy rash on my legs at first and now my arms and I'm pretty sure it's this stuff. I have a very large ugly patch of this rash on my shin on one of my legs and I've had to apply Aveeno Hydrocortizone cream on it to stop the itch. So, just a warning that this product is seems to be very good for those that do not have sensitive skin, based on the reviews here. But if you are reading this after you've tried this product and are noticing an itchy rash, it may very well be this self tanner. And if you have sensitive skin and are thinking about trying this, you may pass on it. Worth mentioning is that I have used self-tanners since the early 90's and I have never had a reaction like this! Oh well, it was good for a while until it caused this rash!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2009 7:25:00 AM More reviews by valleygal8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

good for the legs and anywhere but the face! (for me) it makes my face break out but is fab for the rest of the body. its ridiculously cheap, for a giant container, so i am going to recommend the more pricey face tan solutions and leave the rest of the body with this!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2009 2:00:00 PM More reviews by Karen0425

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is the best....I put it on every night before bed....and keep a golden tan all year....LOVE

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2009 3:14:00 PM More reviews by smarie22

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff. I got a bottle after reading the raves on MUA before going on a cruise. I didn't really notice anything special so I applied it before the cruise and on the cruise and then sent it to my proverbial product graveyard (aka the cupboard beneath my sink). I recently saw this in the "product graveyard" and decided to pull it out (although I'm not sure why). I've been using this every morning for the last couple of weeks on my arms and legs. It's extremely moisturizing so there is not need to use a lotion at the same time. Before the cruise, I was applying this over lotion which might have led to the poor results I got. This time around, the results are awesome. I have the nicest, light golden brown, streak free tan on my arms and legs. It's not splotchy or orange--it's very natural and pretty and so easy to apply. I also really like the pump top on the bottle. 2 squirts perfectly covers each leg and one squirt covers both my arms--if you stick with this daily, it really is great. This stuff is better than any of the other gradual tanners I've tried and you get a ton more for less $$$. Definite repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2009 4:29:00 PM More reviews by AlmaStarr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Sorry, but this stuff was the biggest let down I've had lately from a MUA recommendation. I got no color. Seriously zero... after a week of using it and already being pale. On the positive side, It smells decent - no self tanner stink - but then again, why would it? If this has any self tanner in it, I've yet to see it! Won't repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2009 2:15:00 PM More reviews by taralynn36

There are things I love about this product and things I don't. What I love is that it doesn't have the stink that most self-tanners do. Why I think that reason is, is because this stuff is VERY gradual. I put it on every night before bed and after a week my skin tone is only marginally more dark than before. And I'm fairly pale. It's very gradual BUT if that may be what you are looking for. Right now for me, that's what I want. Once it starts warming up more, I'll want to switch to my HG which is Neutrogena Micro Mist. I think this would make a perfect moisturizing self-tanner to maintain your level of bronze once you acheive it. I'll continue to buy it for that reason. Oh, and I have the "firming" version, I don't know if that makes a difference. I don't notice much in the way of firming but it does dry very quickly.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2009 11:27:00 AM More reviews by ilovemysammy18

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this tanning moisturizer!!! I actually use this before i use the tanning bed and it makes my tan Super beautiful and deep!!! Would definately recommend as a daily moisturizer or for use in a tanning bed!! =D

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2009 11:01:00 AM More reviews by boilerbabe

What a great find! Thanks MUA!!! After reading the glowing (heh) reviews on this product, I went to Wal-Mart and saw it there for I think $5.77. Great price for a huge bottle, comparable to or cheaper than most drugstore self tanners. It is located in the lotion aisle and is kind of hard to find, so look around.
I am insanely pale, so much so that I actually glow in pictures, so after just one application of this stuff, I definitely noticed a difference. The color is great, very golden and not orange at all. It doesn't streak except a little bit around my wrists and feet, which I'm used to and it's definitely not as bad as it was with Jergens or the Banana Boat self tanner I was using.
I've used it three times so far and it looks great, like a natural tan that doesn't look fake with my NC15 skin tone. It's subtle enough that I could pull it off year round.
It does a nice job of moisturizing and my skin feels very soft. It feels and looks like a regular moisturizing lotion, and I've put it on not having exfoliated or shaved like you are supposed to do and haven't had any problems. It takes longer to dry than a regular moisturizer does, but I just put it on and do my hair and makeup before getting dressed. I still feel a little "tacky" when I put my clothes on, but so far it hasn't seemed to stain them or anything.
The smell is very tropical, like the lotions they sell at tanning salons. I like it; I even got some compliments on the smell the first day I had it on. Initially it is very strong and WILL stay on your skin and around your room all day, so if you don't like the scent it might not be a good product for you. It does fade to a self tanner-y smell after a few hours, but that smell is not strong. If you're used to using Jergens, it's like that but a lot less strong and mixed with a nice pina colada type scent.
I will definitely repurchase and use year round--my skin looks and feels gorgeous!