October 21, 2014 | 2157 users online

Cleansers - The Body Shop - Tea Tree Oil Face Wash

rated 1 of 5 on 7/10/2013 2:23:00 AM More reviews by fenimore

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Incredibly drying. This actually exacerbated my breakouts to an unbelievable degree and I started getting deep, under the skin nodules as a reaction to how harsh and irritating this cleanser was.

If your skin is combination or has ever displayed any sensitivity or tendency to overdry, stay far away from this face wash. I literally had the worst skin of my life during the month that I tried this cleanser and felt too ashamed to go out anywhere. AWFUL.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/7/2013 11:56:00 PM More reviews by iEuphoria0

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I used this for about a year before realizing that it wasn't worth it. My skin is usually pretty clear, but I have breakouts once or twice a month. This never helped my skin. And it didn't help my SO's acneprone skin either. But using the full set made me feel like I was doing something good for my skin. I finally decided to throw it away when I realized it had color dye in it. Seriously? Why do I need green dye in my skin care products?

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2013 1:41:00 PM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This cleansing wash smells like tea tree and has a hint of menthol tingle. It is a basic cleanser that did not leave my face feeling dry or tight. I would not count on this to remove makeup or sunscreen. I used this mostly as a morning cleanser. I did not notice any improvement in blemishes while using this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2013 6:22:00 AM More reviews by radiofox

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

In my early twenties, my acne was pretty rough. I had a friend who worked at the body shop and she suggested this product to me. It absolutely helped, the ONLY product that worked better for me was proactiv, and I REALLY don't like their "customer service". So I stuck with this product. I'm now in my late twenties, and it's only once a month I get any breakouts, the rest of the time my focus is cleaning without drying my combo skin. However, back in my 20's my husband started using this product too, and HE loves it. This works out for me, because when I get my random breakouts, it's still in the house, ready to save the day. I would recommend this product and other products in the tea tree oil line for acne prone skin and/or oily. I WOULD NOT to anyone with Dry skin, it will likely strip you. As far as packaging goes, I don't care what a package looks like if the product works. This package doesn't hinder use so I'm cool with it. It feels like you're getting a deep refreshing clean when you use it, and it does lather nicely. The smell? meh, it smells clean, but I wouldn't go out and buy the oil for the oil burners and make my house smell like it...EVER. I know when people come on this site when they have used a product for a day to give you a review, not always helpful I find. This is a product I've had in my house for about 7 years, and I don't use it daily because my needs have changed, but I still like the product

rated 2 of 5 on 6/13/2013 7:57:00 PM More reviews by SleepIsTheCousin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Too drying of a product. Also the consistency can't be good for skin - it suffocates it. Tea tree oil itself can work wonders for oily and acne prone skin - but stay away if you find your skin is more dry.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2013 3:54:00 AM More reviews by domokun_nyc

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

About the only thing I like about this stuff is the smell. Maybe my skin is not oily enough, but I found this cleanser to be too harsh and drying. It also caused great discomfort if it got anywhere near my eyes. I don't use heavy eye makeup, so don't want an extra step of using an eye makeup remover. I just want a cleanser that can do everything in one go in the shower. I used the remaining product as body wash; it was just too much/too irritating for my face.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2013 2:12:00 PM More reviews by JessicaRabbitVB

This cleanser is amazing and works instantly to help treat and prevent pimples! I've been using this wash (along with the toner) for about 3 years now and I'm obsessed with it and it works wonders on my skin. Does make your skin a tad dry so make sure you moisture well afterwards! I also used the blackhead scrub but I do feel that there aren't too much srubbies in the so called scrub for me to use as a scrub so I more like using the pads better. But the wash is A+amazing! Lasts a very long time!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/14/2013 1:37:00 PM More reviews by holaitsstephxo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This product (along with the tea tree toner, and lotion in this range) make my face feel so smooth, it's really nice! This product hasn't given me too many new spots but it gave a couple of pimples in about the first week of using it, but it my skin is a lot better now luckily! It hasn't got rid of my blemishes either unfortunately but I feel my forehead is clearer (I used to have quite a lot of spots there.) It doesn't exactly get rid of spots and blemishes completely but it makes my feel feel nice, fresh and soft!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2013 5:57:00 AM More reviews by Lisavh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've been using this product for years now. I absolutely love it! I use it every morning and evening. It has a refreshing, minty feeling and after using it my skin looks clear. It unclogs my pores just like it promises. However, it doesn't prevent new spots from popping up. It does reduce break-outs and my skin has definitely improved, but I still have a little acne. Still, it is the best product so far for me.

Another con of this product is the smell (tea tree). But I knew that beforehand.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2013 5:33:00 AM More reviews by feliciatjk

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

Pros:
-nice scent (even 2 of my friends said so!)
-cooling menthol (wakes me up in the morning :)
-it works!
-not as pricey as my previous sebamed facial foam
-freshen my facial skin and doesnt dry it
-i dont know why, my skin looks slightly brighter and smoother than before
-it lathers!!!
Cons:
-sometime it doesnt lather that much..... Maybe i pour it too little
I dont know is this the bad side or the good side, but it really controls my oil. Before i used this, ive got oil all over my face, and i hated it but the T-zone is just so-so. I must blot my entire face! After i use this, the oiliness allover my face slightly reduced (including my cheeks), but my T-zone is oilier!