The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil Face Wash

3.3

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water (Solvent/Diluent), Glycerin (Humectant), Sodium Laureth Sulfate (Surfactant), Cocamidopropyl Betaine (Surfactant), PEG-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate (Viscosity Modifier), Polysorbate 20 (Emulsifier), Alcohol Denat. (Solvent/Diluent), Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil (Natural Additive), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), Benzyl Alcohol (Preservative), Allantoin (Skin Soothing Agent), Polyquaternium-10 (Hair Conditioner), Sodium Salicylate (Preservative), Limonene (Fragrance Ingredient), Citric Acid (pH Adjuster), Yellow 5 (Colour), Blue 1 (Colour).

on 10/2/2013 3:28:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I bought almost the entire tea tree line, the oil, the body wash, the face scrub, the toner, the night lotion and the day lotion. I heard great reviews on the line and gave it a shot because I had tiny bumps along my cheeks and the occasional blemish here and there. Looking back now, I was trying to fix a problem that was very small... And in doing so I made it worse tenfold. I began breaking out when I fist started to use the line, but I assumed it was "purging" my skin of all of the impurities so I continued use. After 2 1/2 weeks, I had multiple cystic pimples (three on my left cheek, three on my forehead, six (yes six!) on my right cheek) but I still assumed it was purging. After a month of continual use my face was destroyed. I have never had acne like this. After a month of stopping the tea tree line the pimples will not go away, and there are even some new ones, along with new acne scars. I honestly don't know what happened... I used everything accordingly and never skipped a day. This line changed my skin for the worse. I am now seeing a dermatologist to attempt to fix what the $60+ tea tree line caused. I urge anyone with sensitive skin to stay far away from this product and I recommend to everyone to get a sample and patch test before buying. In conclusion, i wish I had never bought the tea tree line as it has caused permanent damage to my face.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I got this as a gift in a mini size. It really hasn't done anything for my skin. To me, it's an average cleanser that I'll probably keep for when I travel as a way to use it up. It did nothing for my acne at all. Pure tea tree oil does a much better job.

on 9/25/2013 7:40:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Didn't make much of a difference to my skin, in fact I would go as far as to say that my skin has improved since I stopped using it!!!! Defo would not buy again, seemed useless and waste of money!

on 9/13/2013 7:05:00 PM

Not wowed by this, I feel like the ingredients are all quite harsh- strong tea tree scent which is slightly off putting and makes me worry that it'll dry out the drier/normal areas of my skin (I have combination skin). I ended up using it on my back and chest (as and when I got the odd spot there) and even then I felt it just stripped all the bodies natural oils- forcing the body to overcompensate. Having said that, it's not a horrendous product- probably a good, natural equivalent to clearasil etc for young people seeking a cleaner for teenage problem skin, but not great for slightly more sensitive skin requiring a gentle yet effective cleanser

on 9/9/2013 10:14:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This stuff actually does what it says on the tin! It removes oil and makeup really easily without leaving any traces behind and helps to control breakouts after prolonged use - but you HAVE to give it a chance, nothing works immediately!!

I have just gone back to using this stuff after trying to go down a more natural route (OCM) but I found that the body shop stuff works so much better and I'm going to stick to it from now on.

My spots haven't completely cleared up and I do get oily skin later in the day after washing my face but my spots have still improved massively, I think by combining this product with clay masks and baking soda and honey exfoliator I will manage to get my skin clear in 3 weeks ready for uni!

on 8/30/2013 10:33:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

This stuff is amazing for cleaning brushes. I know that's not the purpose of this facial cleanser but that's what I have been using it as. It gets rid of all the pigments on my brushes and make them look like new. Also, the tea tree help eliminate any bacteria that may be on the brushes. I have used a few makeup brush cleansers and to be honest they all didn't clean very well which is why I'm already on my second bottle (it does last you quite a well though).

I have used this as a facial cleanser and I do like it as well but I don't see any amazing result. The scent may be off putting to some people (actually the whole tea tree line at TBS has a strong fragrance) but I don't mind it. It isn't the cheapest product out there but TBS always has some kind of sale so i usually get it then.

on 8/28/2013 3:35:00 AM

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

Didn't really notice anything amazing with this face wash, but it did clean my face sufficiently and controlled my breakouts well enough. I noticed my acne slowly diminishing over a couple months, but I didn't get the "refreshing" feeling I was expecting from the face wash. Overall, I like the it, but it didn't amaze me.

on 8/20/2013 11:31:00 PM

After reading all the reviews on this product on The Body Shop's official website, I wanted to try it out so bad to see if it clears up my acne. Although this did clear up most of my acne on my forehead & oily t-zone, it also broke me out. =/ One pustule would form then it would go away and another pustule shows up...on and on. More pimples began to form under my jawline. All of this happened within a week of usage.I should have read the ingredients before buying this. I found out this wash has sodium lauryl sulfate, which is a very known/common skin irritant.

on 8/17/2013 7:03:00 PM

Very refreshing. This product feels amazing when I use body shops new face brush, and after I use the face wash my pores look emptied and clean. I love it. It has a cooling effect and if you have oily skin it drys it in a good way so no really recommended for people with dry skin. But overall it's affective :)

on 8/9/2013 12:35:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

At the first usage, it really clean my exceed oil so my face wasnt so shiny. But after few months it seems not to work well as much as it was.