July 30, 2014 | 1588 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Frost - Ricepaper

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2011 3:16:00 PM More reviews by slivola

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this, just got it yesterday! It's a perfect highlighter or for toning down a color on the lid. I have a warm yellow/olive but fair skintone and brown eyes- this is perfect for my complexion.

I'm wearing it today on my brow bone and inner eye corner with rubenesque as a base ( just on my lower lids). Tweet me on inside half of lid and amber lights on outer crease/V. Beautiful combo with the ricepaper!

I notice the reviewers who didn't like it have cool skintones. I think cooler tones would do much better with shroom. I tested that one yesterday but it was too pink on my skin.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2011 2:34:00 PM More reviews by Kathy123

I think this is an odd color as it is way too shimmery and too pale for my skin. I am NC 30 and this looked really bad on my brow bone. It looked as if I had some kind of disease. On the inner corner of the eyes, it looks decent but for heaven sake, do we need to pay $15 and get that much product for such effect?

6 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2011 11:57:00 AM More reviews by rinroo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is my go-to eyeshadow when i simply want a natural - "I'm awake" look.

I'm not a massive eyeshadow person *gasp! But i always feel i need a base layer on my lids.

Ricepaper has a lovely texture and applies like a dream, two sweeps is all it takes on my NW-20 skin to make me look as if i've had 12 hours sleep and i'm raring to tackle the day, even if i dont feel that way. I always have this eyeshadow on and often use it as a base layer to other colours.

The best part is, it doesn't crease.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2010 8:00:00 AM More reviews by MAChostage

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I honestly am surprised at the outpouring of love over this shadow. It's only "ok" IMO, another one of those that requires a light hand and takes a bit of work for me to pull off (NC44). My one pan will last me forever, I rarely use it, it is just too frosty.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2010 12:40:00 PM More reviews by Lulu05

Beautiful color, I think it works really well with my NC40 skin. I was wearing shroom prior to this but now I can see that ricepaper is so much more flattering on me. I will definitely be buying this over and over! This color is very versatile too, which is always a plus!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/30/2010 11:09:00 PM More reviews by bonneymiller

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this color!! Its a great highlighter!! For 10 years, my highlighter of choice was its much frostier and lighter cousin "Nylon" (which is still amazing!!) but I downgraded to a more subtle frost with plenty of shine - Ricepaper!! You can layer this color to be more frosty, so your eyes are more highlighted, or you can leave a subtle layer to catch in the light indoors. Either way, its a staple of my every day makeup looks.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/22/2010 12:31:00 PM More reviews by amyzon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Ricepaper is a gorgeous yellow-beige frosty highlight shade. This is an amazing highlighter for women of color, but it is far too yellow for my NC15 skin if not completely blended out. If you are very fair and want to make this highlighter work for you, I would suggest applying a small amount of Ricepaper to the browbone area, and then popping Nylon right underneath the brow arch - the brightness of Nylon helps diffuse and blend the yellow in Ricepaper and they work together seamlessly. I love to use this shade when I'm wearing an otherwise matte eye look to add real punch to the browbone.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2010 4:17:00 PM More reviews by Musa15

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love how smoothly this goes on, how easy it is to blend, and how beautiful the color is. I have so many MAC eyeshadows but this one is so luxurious, I wish all MAC e/s had this finish. I think it's a frost, but it doesn't have any chunks of particles, it's so perfect-and highly pigmented. I pair this with bold and brazen and embark on the outer v. This is a great highlighter too, if you're going for a softer look.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2010 6:31:00 PM More reviews by Xandrra

I wanted this for ages, and was nothing but disappointed when I got it.

Its way too yellow to be used as a highlighter (however, mixed with nylon it works wonderfully), and when I try to do it as an all over lid wash, it comes out very very patchy. Never had an e/s do this to me.

edit: tried this with a sparse highlighter brush and it went on wonderfully, no more patchiness!! I guess not using a dense brush was the trick. Gave my lids a very natural, MLidBB look, wore it 5 days in a row, i think I'm in love now <3

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2010 12:59:00 PM More reviews by Chester99

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I get why Ricepaper is so universally loved but it doesn't impress me at all. It's a nice yellow beige color but I could NEVER wear this as a highlight. I'm an NW 15-20 and it's just too yellow for me. The best I can do is use it as a lid color/ on the inner part of my lid.
Will not repurchase since it will take me forever to finish this pan and then, it's just not for me.