April 24, 2014 | 1846 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Frost - Ricepaper

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2010 8:00:00 AM More reviews by MAChostage

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I honestly am surprised at the outpouring of love over this shadow. It's only "ok" IMO, another one of those that requires a light hand and takes a bit of work for me to pull off (NC44). My one pan will last me forever, I rarely use it, it is just too frosty.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2010 12:40:00 PM More reviews by Lulu05

Beautiful color, I think it works really well with my NC40 skin. I was wearing shroom prior to this but now I can see that ricepaper is so much more flattering on me. I will definitely be buying this over and over! This color is very versatile too, which is always a plus!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/30/2010 11:09:00 PM More reviews by bonneymiller

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this color!! Its a great highlighter!! For 10 years, my highlighter of choice was its much frostier and lighter cousin "Nylon" (which is still amazing!!) but I downgraded to a more subtle frost with plenty of shine - Ricepaper!! You can layer this color to be more frosty, so your eyes are more highlighted, or you can leave a subtle layer to catch in the light indoors. Either way, its a staple of my every day makeup looks.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/22/2010 12:31:00 PM More reviews by amyzon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Ricepaper is a gorgeous yellow-beige frosty highlight shade. This is an amazing highlighter for women of color, but it is far too yellow for my NC15 skin if not completely blended out. If you are very fair and want to make this highlighter work for you, I would suggest applying a small amount of Ricepaper to the browbone area, and then popping Nylon right underneath the brow arch - the brightness of Nylon helps diffuse and blend the yellow in Ricepaper and they work together seamlessly. I love to use this shade when I'm wearing an otherwise matte eye look to add real punch to the browbone.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2010 4:17:00 PM More reviews by Musa15

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love how smoothly this goes on, how easy it is to blend, and how beautiful the color is. I have so many MAC eyeshadows but this one is so luxurious, I wish all MAC e/s had this finish. I think it's a frost, but it doesn't have any chunks of particles, it's so perfect-and highly pigmented. I pair this with bold and brazen and embark on the outer v. This is a great highlighter too, if you're going for a softer look.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2010 6:31:00 PM More reviews by Xandrra

I wanted this for ages, and was nothing but disappointed when I got it.

Its way too yellow to be used as a highlighter (however, mixed with nylon it works wonderfully), and when I try to do it as an all over lid wash, it comes out very very patchy. Never had an e/s do this to me.

edit: tried this with a sparse highlighter brush and it went on wonderfully, no more patchiness!! I guess not using a dense brush was the trick. Gave my lids a very natural, MLidBB look, wore it 5 days in a row, i think I'm in love now <3

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2010 12:59:00 PM More reviews by Chester99

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I get why Ricepaper is so universally loved but it doesn't impress me at all. It's a nice yellow beige color but I could NEVER wear this as a highlight. I'm an NW 15-20 and it's just too yellow for me. The best I can do is use it as a lid color/ on the inner part of my lid.
Will not repurchase since it will take me forever to finish this pan and then, it's just not for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2010 8:01:00 PM More reviews by divinitee98

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

By far the best highlight color EVER...this is excellent for women of color too!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2010 8:51:00 AM More reviews by Ritagal09

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use Ricepaper as my brow highlight. It's not shimmery and unbearably intense as a lot of highlight colors are but it's not dull either. I also use this on my entire lid sometimes. Great eye shadow.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2010 8:37:00 AM More reviews by 1017

I finally get it! The awesomeness of this e/s, the comparisons to Femme Fi, the "its the perfect neutral"....I get it now! First, the comparison to my beloved Femme Fi. Femme Fi is a VP finish, this is a frost (but the most satin like frost I have ever tried) and Femme Fi has a bit more beige with golden under tones to it where as Ricepaper is a bit more yellow (to me but described as peachy) with golden undertones, but not OTT...still totally in the neutral family. Now as to the awesomeness of this e/s As I mentioned above, although Ricepaper is a frost, it applies like a satin. The whole reason I never tried it before was because I have dismissed the use of most frosts on my aging eyes. Ricepaper is the least frosty frost I have ever used. It does what all delicious butter cream type colors do to my brown eyes (NW20 skin with dark lashes and brows), makes my eyes pop like nobody's business! If you have brown eyes...try this baby...they will pop! It is a brighter than Shroom. I used Shroom to neutralize the pink out of my eye. Ricepaper does the same thing but makes me look just a touch more awake (brighter eyes). I am sure I will keep my Shroom on hand, but Ricepaper may replace it as my daily wake up call. I love Femme Fi and Dazzlelight as my fave neutrals. Now I am adding Ricepaper to the list. I know it is just another neutral, but for me it is THE neutral shadow of choice.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No