Almay Oil-free eye makeup remover liquid

Water (Aqua), Poloxamer 184, Butylene Glycol, Disodium Lauroamphodiacetate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Hexylene Glycol, Cucumis Sativus Fruit Extract (Cucumber), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Citric Acid, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol

on 6/7/2010 4:00:00 PM

This product is not bad, is awful. I bought it because it said was hypoallergenic, etc, etc. but really is very strong, I felt on my eyes like burn and a lot of irritation. Iīm very disappointed.
Please donīt buy it.

on 5/27/2010 1:56:00 AM

I'm surprised at all the negative reviews for this product, because I love it. Makeup remover, along with eye shadow primer -- I don't know how I ever survived without these products in my makeup arsenal. (My review refers to the bottle of Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover.) Anyway, I find that it doesn't irritate my contacts, and removes my non-waterproof mascara, Fluidline, and shadows with ease. I also use it to remove highly pigmented lipsticks from my face. I did experience approx. 3 or 4 small bumps on the delicate area around my eye after about 2 weeks of using the product - but soon realized that I wasn't rinsing the remover from my eye area after use. That's essential! Swipe your eye makeup clean, then gently rinse the area with cool-to-slightly warm water. This product is great for fixing small mistakes with liner or shadow. Also, because my eye makeup lasts so long throughout the day - my touch-up routine usually consists of using a bit of the Almay remover on a Q-Tip to remove the slight amount of smudging from my eyeliner. I have bottles of this stuff at work, at home -- I really like it, and will definitely buy again.

on 5/14/2010 8:31:00 PM

After i ran out of my clean & clear eye makeup remover i decided to try something new and picked up the Almay one. I tried it and it removed barely anything with one swipe. I used a really bad eyeliner that day as well, and it didn't even take that off. It was not worth the price i got it for, even clean and clear is cheaper and it's WAY better than almay. I do not recommend you buy this, personally i think dual phase makeup removers are better.

on 4/26/2010 4:02:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Bought this eye makeup remover because I was tired of using lotion to remove my makeup (stings when I use it near my eyes). I bought it for less than $5USD at a local Wal-mart. I'm kind of disappointed in this product because it will only remove a portion of my makeup and my cleanser would (sometimes) end up removing the rest. I guess you get what you pay for. If you use a q-tip and dab it in the liquid, it has a better chance of removing your eyeliner as opposed to using a cotton ball. It didn't cause me pimples or anything but I'm probably not buying again.

on 4/20/2010 5:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was so disappointed with this product. I bought it because it said "#1 eye makeup remover brand in America" but i got tricked! blech =( The first time I used too much and it stung my eye. It gets off only about 70% of the make up. After I get out of the shower, I can see all the left behind eye makeup on your lower lashline..not pretty. FYI, the only eye make up I wear is mascara (not waterproof) and liquid eyeliner (not waterproof either). I am going to try Neutrogena next.

on 2/19/2010 11:52:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I wish I had read the reviews before buying this! I wanted to buy the Neutrogena one but my drugstore was out... so I asked the sales lady which one she would recommended that was similar and she told me this one was very good! Really, I'm never trusting her again! This smells SO strong, I was almost afraid to put it onto my eyes! And it takes forever to remove makeup... I couldn't ever remove all of my eyeliner! I decided to take my little sister's Rimmel remover for one night and although it isn't any good either (and smells like alcool too) at least I felt it removed my eye makeup a little better!

on 1/14/2010 4:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I usually use neutrogena's eye makeup remover, but I wanted to try some other stuff to see if there was something better. I generally like almay so decided to try theirs. It removed makeup similar to neutrogena's (I think neutrogena is a bit better) but it STUNG my eyes. And so that's the main reason why I would not buy it again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

it was an alright eye makeup remover until i tried to take off waterproof mascara. it would not budge. at all. even a little. honestly, it didn't seem like the mascara was affected at all by the remover. also, if any gets into eyes, it burns pretty bad. not as bad as with l'oreal's remover, but still a decent amount of pain. not rebuying. probably will not even continue using because it doesn't actually take off any makeup

on 10/31/2009 11:21:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

This liquid smells absolutely disgusting. The bottle says "fragrance free" and there's a picture of cucumber and aloe on the bottle, so I figured if anything it would smell cucumber-y. In reality it smells kind of toxic to me -- the scent reminds me of rubber-cement glue, permanent markers, and gasoline. It works about as well as any other oil-free eye makeup remover I've used (mind you I don't wear waterproof mascara), but the smell is just awful.

on 8/27/2009 12:09:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I'm not a fan of the smell or the fact that the product takes waaay too long to do what it's supposed to do. It often feels like there is more makeup left even after a couple applications. I would not buy this product again.