July 22, 2014 | 2510 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Almay - Moisturizing eye makeup remover liquid

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2008 8:58:00 AM More reviews by eritreanempress

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Black

So this is the first time I have ever purchased eye makeup remover. I usually use the cleansing cloths specifically for makeup removal but I have not been happy with them as of late. They usually leave a residue and I still have mascara and eyeliner on my eyes. I hate this because I ama contact lens wearer and if any trace of liner or mascara is on my eyes/lens, my eyes get beyond irritated and I have to remove my lenses. I purchased this at Rite Aid yesterday because they were sold out of Neutrogenas famous m/u remover. Anyways last night I applied this to a cotton ball and started swiping. Not only did it get rid of my eye makeup, it didn't even streak. It is a super oily formula(even for me and I have EXTREMELY parched skin) but I just washed my face afterwords and voila! Clean skin and eyes. I definitely recommend this formula.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2008 6:45:00 PM More reviews by ginch82

I will try to do this product some justice here. Personally think the oiliness factor helps remove stubborn eye makeup because other products that aren't dual phased just don't work as well for me. The reason that some people think it just smears eye makeup around may be because they're not using enough cotton to "pick up" the makeup that's been loosened by this solvent. However on days when I don't wear much eye makeup, this does seem to be a bit heavy so I mix some of it with non-oily eye makeup solvent in another bottle and use it as a dual-phased solvent on normal days. This has been a good and cheap way for me to use up all those eye makeup solvents that don't work because they don't have any "oil" in it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2008 4:00:00 PM More reviews by alison_k

Definitely the worst remover I have ever bought. It is so greasy and oily on my eyelids and the residue hardly washes off even with strong facial soap & water. It does work ok, but I still have smudges of eye makeup around my eyes when I wake up. I switched to this Almay remover after using Neutrogena's, but I will be definitely going back to Nautrogena after this bottle is used up. The bottle packaging is fairly standard, and the price is ok but I hate the oily feeling around my eyes after using this. UPDATE...I kept waking up with puffy eyes every morning and realised that this product was the culprit. Awful stuff. continued >>

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2008 6:47:00 PM More reviews by highheeled

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This stuff is super oily and stings the hell out of my eyes. It also doesn't quite remove my makeup - it just kind of smears it around.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/11/2008 5:24:00 PM More reviews by SarahKE

The worst eye makeup remover I've ever tried. It is absolutely gross!!! It's incredibly oily and doesn't even remove non-waterproof mascara very well. I used it once to remove my old mascara so I could try on another one, but after unsuccessfully trying to remove the mascara I was so grossed out that I felt I had to wash my whole face!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2008 6:58:00 AM More reviews by Taniaebj

Inexpensive and effective. This is the only removed that I have found that removes all traces of hard to remove waterproof mascara. It is extremely oily so make sure you wash your face after using it.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2008 6:58:00 PM More reviews by susielhelton

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I liked this much more than the Sonia Kashunk makeup remover from Target. It is oily, however it does a great job of taking out the make up with minimal swipes. I usually wash my face after using make up removers so the oily residue is not a problem for me. I got this product buy one get one free at CVS so I think it was a fairly good deal.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/8/2008 5:01:00 PM More reviews by ADA77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Baad bad .Veery oily and doesn't do a good job of taking the make up off either ..Doesn't sting my eyes at least so I am struggling to finish the bottle and not buying it again .

rated 3 of 5 on 7/3/2008 8:18:00 PM More reviews by sagc

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really dislike this product despite the fact that it does, in its messy way, actually work ifyou massage it into your eyelashes and wait a while with your eyes closed (or it really stings). I haven't had any bad reaction to it and the price is OK for the amount - at least it seems to be lasting forever while I try to use it up. It leaks a little all over the outside of the bottle which causes the label to partially fall off. I really miss the gel which tho a little messy to use, did the job, didn't sting and didn't leak out of it's container. I have no idea why Almay thinks this is an improvement. Update. 9/18/08 I haven't purchased anything else yet and have continued to use this. In all fairness, it is easy to use, takes almost every product off easily and I've learned to be careful to avoid getting it in my eyes. I'm still looking for something else I like better but for now it is OK. So I have increased it to 3 lippies.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2008 4:48:00 PM More reviews by empressxia

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Seems like people either hate or love this product. This remover is oil based. I've been using it for a week and had no bad reactions to it. Maybe some people shouldn't use oil based removers but it doesn't sting my eyes at all.

My eye area isn't as dry as before thanks to the oil. As far as removing mascara, I have no complaints. It removes everything without much rubbing.

I recommend this remover for people with dry skin around their eyes. It does moisturize.