Almay Moisturizing eye makeup remover liquid

2.3

Mineral Oil, Propylene Glycol, Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Phenoxyethanol, Propylparaben, Methylparaben

on 12/14/2008 4:30:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure

This does get eye makeup and mascara off, however I prefer baby wipes. Sometimes it can sting eyes, and I hate how OILY it is, but other than that it does its ok.

on 11/2/2008 11:15:00 AM

I did not like this product and will never buy it again. It made my eyes greasy, even after I washed the stuff off. I love the oil free version of this makeup remover, however.

**Edit. I didn't understand that this was greasy for a reason. I'm glad I didn't throw it away, because I used it to remove makeup that was put on by a pro for photography and I don't know how I would have scrubbed it off without this stuff. Worked great, but really not for every day use. That is, unless you wear a lot of mascara and lots of lipstick daily.

Still would be nice not to have to tug at the eyelashes to get the mascara off, so I gave it a 4.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

So this is the first time I have ever purchased eye makeup remover. I usually use the cleansing cloths specifically for makeup removal but I have not been happy with them as of late. They usually leave a residue and I still have mascara and eyeliner on my eyes. I hate this because I ama contact lens wearer and if any trace of liner or mascara is on my eyes/lens, my eyes get beyond irritated and I have to remove my lenses. I purchased this at Rite Aid yesterday because they were sold out of Neutrogenas famous m/u remover. Anyways last night I applied this to a cotton ball and started swiping. Not only did it get rid of my eye makeup, it didn't even streak. It is a super oily formula(even for me and I have EXTREMELY parched skin) but I just washed my face afterwords and voila! Clean skin and eyes. I definitely recommend this formula.

on 10/13/2008 6:45:00 PM

I will try to do this product some justice here. Personally think the oiliness factor helps remove stubborn eye makeup because other products that aren't dual phased just don't work as well for me. The reason that some people think it just smears eye makeup around may be because they're not using enough cotton to "pick up" the makeup that's been loosened by this solvent. However on days when I don't wear much eye makeup, this does seem to be a bit heavy so I mix some of it with non-oily eye makeup solvent in another bottle and use it as a dual-phased solvent on normal days. This has been a good and cheap way for me to use up all those eye makeup solvents that don't work because they don't have any "oil" in it.

on 10/1/2008 4:00:00 PM

Definitely the worst remover I have ever bought. It is so greasy and oily on my eyelids and the residue hardly washes off even with strong facial soap & water. It does work ok, but I still have smudges of eye makeup around my eyes when I wake up. I switched to this Almay remover after using Neutrogena's, but I will be definitely going back to Nautrogena after this bottle is used up. The bottle packaging is fairly standard, and the price is ok but I hate the oily feeling around my eyes after using this. UPDATE...I kept waking up with puffy eyes every morning and realised that this product was the culprit. Awful stuff. continued >>

on 9/11/2008 6:47:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This stuff is super oily and stings the hell out of my eyes. It also doesn't quite remove my makeup - it just kind of smears it around.

on 9/11/2008 5:24:00 PM

The worst eye makeup remover I've ever tried. It is absolutely gross!!! It's incredibly oily and doesn't even remove non-waterproof mascara very well. I used it once to remove my old mascara so I could try on another one, but after unsuccessfully trying to remove the mascara I was so grossed out that I felt I had to wash my whole face!

on 9/2/2008 6:58:00 AM

Inexpensive and effective. This is the only removed that I have found that removes all traces of hard to remove waterproof mascara. It is extremely oily so make sure you wash your face after using it.

on 8/25/2008 6:58:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I liked this much more than the Sonia Kashunk makeup remover from Target. It is oily, however it does a great job of taking out the make up with minimal swipes. I usually wash my face after using make up removers so the oily residue is not a problem for me. I got this product buy one get one free at CVS so I think it was a fairly good deal.

on 7/8/2008 5:01:00 PM

Baad bad .Veery oily and doesn't do a good job of taking the make up off either ..Doesn't sting my eyes at least so I am struggling to finish the bottle and not buying it again .