April 19, 2014 | 1922 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Smashbox - Photo Finish Primer SPF 15 with Dermaxyl

rated 1 of 5 on 12/3/2008 1:45:00 PM More reviews by darcy123

This product sounds so promising: primer, suncreen, anti-wrinkle complex all in one package. It is too good to be true. This was an impulse purchase while browsing at SDM with a bunch of Optimum Points to burn. It was part of the "On in 5" package with 4 other Smashbox products (fyi: all of which were crappy too ...) and it seemed like a good deal. I used this for about 3 days before I developed a huge break-out all over my chin. If you're acne-prone, beware. Will not repurchase and I wish I could get my Optimum points back for this dud.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/30/2008 12:03:00 AM More reviews by Talste

The SPF15 Dermaxyl primer was the 1st smashbox primer I purchased, I've had it for about 8 months or so, previously I was using MAC's prep & prime. I love how this primer leaves my skin feeling & looking silky, smooth & flawless. I find my foundation lasts longer though I agree with previous reviews that the formula is a bit heavy & I do tend to get quite oily around my T-Zone when using it which is no real drama for me as I now apply a mattifying oil control gel to my T-Zone instead of the primer. Overall I'm happy with this primer but if you have oily or combo skin that is prone to break outs you may want to give this one a miss or try the light version instead.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2008 9:13:00 PM More reviews by Manet

I'm so glad I finally got this product. I've been thinking about it for the longest time, what with all the hype about it in magazines etc. So I finally got it, Ulta had this "On in 5" kit and it was only 47 bucks with a whole bunch of other stuff that I really liked as well. So that was a great deal. This primer is wonderful. I'm so addicted to it. It makes my skin feel amazingly smooth and soft. And I noticed that not only has my foundation stayed put all day, so did my blush and highlighter. Everything stayed put. I finally know what it's like not to have to retouch make up. I am absolutely gonna buy this stuff again, maybe after 6 months, cos I don't really ever have to use much.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/29/2008 12:46:00 PM More reviews by Isabella05

Although this does feel soft and silky on my skin, that's the only positive effect that I notice. I haven't noticed that it is absorbed at all or fills in any scars or small lines. It doesn't make my foundation adhere and/or look better. This product simply adds another step to my makeup with no benefit.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/25/2008 1:58:00 PM More reviews by dixiegirl01

This product was not for me. The formula is a bit too heavy for my sensitive/oily skin and caused my skin to break out. After a few hours, my face is shinier and oilier than usual. My make up appears to be melting off my face. (The exact opposite effect to what the product claims to do.) Also, I am sensitive to many SPF chemicals and the Dermazyl was no exception. If you have sensitive/oily skin I would say to stay away from this product. At $38 for almost an ounce, it is a bit pricey.

* I have tried the PhotoFinish Light, and love it!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/23/2008 8:07:00 PM More reviews by georgina123

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I had pictures taken while I had this on and it gave me a pink look. I actually looked invisible. Weird.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/16/2008 2:05:00 PM More reviews by seussisms

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Been reading rave magazine reviews about this primer for eons and finally gave in. Found there to be a continuously greasy feeling and that the product just sits on top of skin - never absorbed. All my makeup just slid off as well. This product leaves me clueless to its advantage of use.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/11/2008 4:30:00 PM More reviews by 3lla

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Unlike some other people, I never experienced any problems with the glass bottle or the pump, so I quite like the packaging since it makes my makeup drawer look suave.

When I first tried this, it felt way too oily for my skin, to the point where I thought that within an hour I would break out, but when it's paired up with the right foundation it makes your skin look wonderful!
What I did on lazy days though, was just smooth out the product on my face and neck and then blot any excess. My face would look great!

I have to admit though, the sun protection made me a little iffy...there would be days where my face would feel so heavy with makeup when I would only be wearing the primer by itself. This primer is great, but I wouldn't buy it again because of the price and also due to the fact that my combination skin goes crazy when I use over oily products or products that are too drying.
All in all, I like this primer, but I'm considering buying Photo Finish Light so then I don't look like a giant pimple.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2008 11:03:00 PM More reviews by Kate_NS

Wonderful! First, let me say that I chose the small, 'travel' tube over the bottle and therefore didn't experience any of the pump issues others have noted. It is perfectly portable, and only a small amount makes such a difference on 'made up' days. When I use a pea-sized amount, it keeps my foundation and makeup in place all day, minimizes shine and makes my face look flawless. The SPF is a nice bonus, but as others have said, it probably is ineffectual based on how little product is used! I will definitely keep this in my stash!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2008 5:27:00 AM More reviews by blondejunkie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I do not like the packaging in the glass bottle, it doesn't allow for a good usage rate! The Dermaxyl complex in this made my skin itch like crazy! I will stick to photo finish! This is not broadspectrum spf as it claims either!