August 1, 2014 | 1834 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Great Lash Mascara Waterproof

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 4/19/2011 9:14:00 PM More reviews by diamond479

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Certainly works as a waterproof mascara for me! Does its job well. Gives a 'great length' but not much volume. Can smudge easily though and it is rather hard to get off, even with waterproof make-up remover. However, this is a good waterproof mascara that lives up to its name and provides long lashes for hours.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2011 1:33:00 AM More reviews by mizzjez

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I keep using this because it holds eyelash curls well. Otherwise, it doesn't really lengthen/volumize. I usually put this first to set my eyelash curl then use another mascara to thicken/lengthen my short & sparse lashes. It isn't really waterproof either. Overall, there must be better mascaras out there.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2011 9:03:00 PM More reviews by MAChostage

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have never really had a problem with the regular Great Lash mascara, but I'm convinced that I can find a better mascara. In the meantime I thought I'd try the waterproof formula. Ugh. What does it take to get this stuff off my lashes? It laughs at my regular (Neutrogena) eye makeup remover, and I've even used an olive oil makeup remover that couldn't get it all off. The search for a better mascara continues.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2011 8:17:00 PM More reviews by nycpari

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Other

I used to be someone who could only buy high-end makeup brands. If it wasn't sold at Sephora I probably wouldn't try it. That being said, this mascara is obviously a classic and after running out of Lancome Hypnose I decided to give it a try.

The formula and staying power are amazing, the brush is perfect for my lashes (top AND bottom), and it doesn't clump even after having it for over 3 months. It can smudge if you don't apply it carefully to the bottom lashes, but I find it's the only mascara that makes my bottom lashes look amazing! I always and only use it with an eye curler so I can't speak for how it works on uncurled lashes. I'd say this gives you thicker lashes with a bit of volume but not extremely so.

I also a do a little modeling and make up artists seem to love this as well, and they used the same brush not a disposable one as they tend to do at times.

I wouldn't call it my HG yet as I've really only tried two mascaras, but I'm definitely keeping this as a makeup bag staple!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2011 11:54:00 AM More reviews by SimpleNSexy

ECH! Does NOT live up to its stupid name.
Don't believe the name&the hype it brings cuz it does next to nothing for my medium length, medium-full lashes. Just the damnable spiider-leg effect :( I think I like the Curved brush btr

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2011 4:22:00 PM More reviews by Alwaysido22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This stuff is a great go to mascara for everyday. I've been using this mascara for a few years now, after experimenting with tons of them. I'm not one to buy overpriced cosmetics because I feel you can get quality products without having to pay for the brand. Plus mascara is something you want to keep fresh for hygienic reasons, so something affordable is a must. I like my makeup to look polished and somewhat natural. This mascara has a great strong bristled brush, and goes on super smooth and does flake off or run once it dries.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2011 4:01:00 PM More reviews by sophie019

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like this, I don't need my lashes to be super long and dark. I just want them to be a bit darker and apply lightly and not clumpy. But if you want your short lashes to be longer thicker and all that, this won't do the most for them. I really like it though.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2011 4:02:00 PM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

I can understand why some people like this and it works for them. The waterproof version ends up under my eyes though. The regular version does not and is nice for a natural look.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2011 7:55:00 PM More reviews by amanda23

I used to swear by this stuff many years ago and stopped using it because I was swayed by it's negative reviews. I recently gave it another try and realized the key to why I loved it so much: it's because it holds the curl in my lashes. That's honestly the only reason but it makes such a difference. I find it's easy to layer with this mascara also so it does everything I need from a mascara plus it's dirt cheap. I have to use a separate makeup remover to get it off but that's no big deal.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/15/2011 3:53:00 PM More reviews by demureninja

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I don't understand the hype for this product. Within minutes of putting it on, my eyes started to feel irritated and itchy, like I had sand in my eyes. Then about 20 minutes later, I noticed little flakes already coming off and piling up under my eyes. Yeah, at $5 a pop, it's pretty cheap, but just wasn't worth it for me. Not sure if the waterproof version is way different than the regular version, but if the formulas are anything alike, the non-waterproof one is likely to be irritating to my eyes too. Too bad, I'd love to have a HG mascara that is cheap and available everywhere! This one's going in the trash. :-(