April 18, 2014 | 1053 users online

Shampoo - Giovanni - Smooth as Silk

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2010 12:17:00 AM More reviews by xDOLLFACEx

This shampoo okay. Its not as moisturizing as i was thinking it would be although its claims to be. It feels really silky and moisturizing while its on your hair and gently cleanses. Also lathers good, but once you rinse, your hair feels pretty dry-But it is a shampoo usually all shampoos are drying -so its not that bad. plus when you apply the matching conditioner to this shampoo it instantly gets rid of the dryness and tangles, so its all good.

**FYI, dont get this in your eye cuz it buns like hell lol. Oh and im not a fan of the packaging, the look of the rectangle bottle is cute but its hard to squeeze the product out.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2010 1:26:00 AM More reviews by pinknika

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product is good not great. I like how it does leave your hair sqeaky clean but that is because it contains Cocamidopropyl betaine which has caused allergic reactions in some people. But in comparison it works a lot better than a lot of natural shampoos because it contains this ingrediant...I like that it does have essential oils in it but it does have a cone...which I mean is okay as long as you clarify every week to avoid silicone buildup. Yes I'm a huge advocate of this silicone buildup phenomenon because I truly think that too much silicone damages hair...at least my hair. So take precaution. Anyways I did use this with the conditioner which suprisingly didn't have the same cone in it but I think it may have had another form because my hair was pretty soft after using both. Overall I might buy this again down the road if I am really desperate or my hair just needs to cycle out some shampoo's but I do believe there are other products out there that have more natural ingrediants and do amazing- like aubrey organics shampoo and condition line.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2010 2:38:00 PM More reviews by ilikebigbuttsandicannotli

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The shampoo is nice because it does a great job of getting tangles out of my hair and that was not expected of this product. It smells clean and fresh and rinses well. I use it along with the conditioner and smooth as silk xtreme and get wonderful results.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2009 9:29:00 PM More reviews by laru

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had such terrible luck with the Giovanni Tea Tree oil shampoo, I don't know why I decided to pick this up. I figured that this was all natural and sulfate free, it might do my hair some good. In any case, this felt nice lathering up and smelled refreshing (citrus) but once I rinsed it out my hair felt squeaky clean which is never a good thing in my book. I followed it with my usual conditioner and my hair still felt a bit too clean. After blow drying, my hair was a rough poufy mess. My hair literally looked like straw on my head and all the ends were sticking up in weird directions. Even cheapie $1 shampoos don't do this to my hair! The only slight benefit was that my hair felt somewhat soft to the touch, but it just looked so horrible. I've used other silicone free shampoos and nothing leaves my hair as rat's-nest-like as Giovanni's shampoos. Needless to say, I will not be repurchasing this shampoo.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/15/2009 10:26:00 AM More reviews by tarrenae

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Smoothe-as-Silk (FLAT-as-SILK) I had the same problem with this shampoo as all the other shampoos in the Giovanni product line.It flattened out my fine hair and made it look limp and considerably thinner.It was gentle however,did not dry out my hair and the grapefruit citrus (all natural) fragrance was refreshing.I enjoyed how it did not tangle my hair or make it hard to comb out.The texture of the shampoo was also creamy and nice.I liked the fact it was organic,and non-toxic,however I did have a slight itching of the scalp with this,and was not pleased with the way it weighed down my hair.I probably will not purchase this again.Not reccomended for fine or thin hair as it does not volumize and does weigh the hair down making it limp.It might work well for thicker or courser hair textures not for fine heads!

Aqua (Purified Water) With *Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Extract, *Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Valencia Orange) Extract, *Mangifera Indica (Mango) Extract, *Cymbopogon Schoeanthus (Lemongrass) Extract, *Ginko Biloba Extract, *Echinacea Angustifolia Extract, *Salix Alba (Willow Bark), *Macrocystis Pyrifera (Sea Kelp) Extract, *Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Leaf Extract, *Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Extract, *Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Extract, *Glycine Soja (Soybean) Extract, Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Cocamide MEA, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Chloride, Acrylates Copolymer, Glycol Distearate, Amodimethicone, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine, Decyl Glucoside, Ethylhexylglycerin, Disteareth-75 IPDI, C11-15 Pareth-7, Citric Acid, C12-16 Pareth-9, Glycerin, Trideceth-12, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance with Essential Oils.
*Certified Organic by Guaranteed Certification Services

rated 3 of 5 on 9/14/2009 12:53:00 PM More reviews by IntheFall

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I used a sample of this shampoo and conditioner and was so very pleased with the results. It left my hair soft, bouncy and shiney. I even got a comment on my hair from my mom. It's my HG now. I have very thick course hair.

UPDATE: I used this S&C for about 6 days in a row and it seemed to leave my hair kind of icky like I didnt' get all the conditioner taken out. I'm taking off a couple of lippies for this reason.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2009 12:34:00 AM More reviews by zafiro80

leaves my hair so soft and shiny and curly. Fizz is controlled and hydrated!

use a little at a time because if you use too much then it can weigh down curls significantly.

no sulfates so not itchy scalp! rosemary to help calm it in fact!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2009 6:11:00 PM More reviews by kperfetto

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Probably one of the more elegant sulfate-free shampoos you can buy at the health food store. Smooth As Silk has a nice, grapefruit smell and does produce decent lather, something milder shampoos don't. (Though we all know it's not the lather that cleans your hair, right?) I went back to this after using DevaCare Low Poo for a while. (I love it, but couldn't justify the price anymore.) This works just as well, if not better. My hair, which is quite damaged from coloring, is never dry with this, though be careful if you color your hair red. Some of the dye did come out in the shower, but it probably would have regardless of the shampoo.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2009 5:16:00 AM More reviews by luxwasfourteen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really love this. I have damaged hair from going from blonde to red and back to blonde again. This doesn't add to the dryness, just gently cleanses without stripping away moisture that my hair so desperately needs. My mom is a hairdresser, so I've tried countless shampoos from some of the top brands over the years and can surely say this inexpensive one is my favourite.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2009 11:42:00 PM More reviews by muse97

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I was hoping that this would be a softening, color-safe, and less expensive alternative to another sulfate-free hydrating shampoo that I often use (by Enjoy). But, unfortunately, it actually removed quite a bit of my hair color with just one use, so I returned it. No, it doesn't claim to be color-safe, but I had assumed it was since it's sulfate-free.