Revlon Colorstay Pressed Powder with SoftFlex

3.7

New version (2011): Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Zinc Stearate, Silica, Dimethicone, Nylon 12, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Polyethylene, Octyldodecyl Glycol Grapeseedate, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Isododecane, TrimethylsiIoxysilicate, Lechithin, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Cymidium Grandiflorum Flower Extract, Serica (Silk), Malva Sylvestris Extract (Mallow), Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract, Lactobacillus/Eriodictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Lauroyl Lysine, Synthetic Sapphire, Dimethiconol, Dimethicone/Silsesquioxane Copolymer, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbic Acid, May Contain ( /-): Mica, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) -------------------------OLD VERSION: Talc, Dimethicone, Silica, Nylon 12, Polymethylmethacrylate, Zinc Stearate, Perfluorononyl Octyldodecyl Glycol Meadowfoamate, Polyethylene, Trimethysiloxysilicate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Lecithin, Cymbidium Grandiflorum Flower Extract, Serica (silk soie), Malva Sylvestris Extract (mallow), Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract (lily), Lactobacillus/Eridictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Lauroyl Lysine, Alumina, Dimethiconol, Polydimethylsiloxane/Polymethysilesquioxane Copolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain ( /-): Mica (CI77019), Iron Oxides (CI77491, CI77492, CI77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI77891), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI77163)

on 8/31/2010 1:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

i've already hit pan on my second powder, so as you can tell i really like this! intially bought this as an oil-blotting powder for my t-zone but now i use it to set my liquid foundation as well. makes your skin feel silky and some how on my skin, has a bit of a pearly-effect (no shimmer or glitter or anything, just makes it look sooo smooth and clean and that finishing touch of natural glowiness)

This is the best setting powder I have ever tried! I really love how it is very light and matches my skin tone! I have very pale, warm toned skin. This makes it almost impossible to find drugstore powders that don't look orange on me! This looks flawless and makes foundation last!

I LOVE THIS POWDER. I use it everyday to set my foundation and throught the day whenever I need to retouch. I use it in light/medium. I apply it with my sonia kashuk powder brush...and on the go I use a small kabuki brush to apply it. It has no smell, its light, not cakey (but if you apply to much it can turn cakey). IT SHOULD BE USED AS A SETTING POWDER AND RETOUCH POWDER ONLY because if you do try to use it as a coverage powder it will look cakey so be carefull...its just a matter of knowing how to use the product.

on 6/21/2010 3:33:00 PM

This product is one of my favorites! It pretty much never leaves my purse. I got it because I needed a pressed powder, but it has become something I'd repurchase without a doubt. It is very finely milled and always looks natural. It is a good color match as far as a drugstore goes. I have porcelain (very light, pink undertoned, glowy) skin and this is great because it makes my skin look natural but even better. I mainly use it to combat shine and reduce the appearance of pores. It's perfect for wearing with a little of concealer if you have clear skin, but still looks very good over foundation. I carry it with me to reapply due to the fact that it doesn't combat shine for the entire day. The packaging is simple, not terribly expensive looking or cute, but sort of reminds me of MAC studio line packaging. It is better than other drugstore powders because it is so finely milled.

on 6/18/2010 3:30:00 PM

I purchased this product as an alternative to my MAC Blot Powder (which keeps breaking apart, though is an excellent powder for controlling shine) Unfortunately, Revlon's Colorstay pressed powder does not last long in humidity or hot weather - it also seems to wear off in under two hours and the shine around my t-zone returns. I have tried many pressed powders and am disappointed with this one. I won't be repurchasing.

on 5/23/2010 1:10:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Other

I love this! I'v went threw so many i can't count. I used to use covergirl's, this is SO much better. It doesnt have that super powdery smell that my others have, i get it in fair, which matches me perfectly! It makes a really smooth finish, like it doesnt look super powdery on, and it doesnt seem to transfer onto my cell phone or anything threw out the day. lol i always wait and buy 2 when they have bogos at drugstores :) best ds powder i'v tried so far.

on 5/14/2010 3:01:00 PM

I'm so disappointed with this powder....the DARKEST shade would only match a caucasian woman of medium-dark complexion. They clearly didnt make this line for African women, whether light, medium or dark. The shades are very limited...and it just looks and feels chalky on my face. I wish they would make the shade that goes with my RCS foundation. Sigh.

on 5/9/2010 9:34:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I got this along with my revlon colorstay liquid foundation after watching a review on youtube and then seeing that it was a BOGO at rite aid, it was like a sign. So i got this in medium/deep to go with my 400 caramel liquid foundation. I think they work really well together. I tried this along with my tinted moisturizer but I found that it left me looking a little too light because my tinted moisturizer doesn't provide much color. But with my revlon colorstay it's really great. It is kind of loose so I found that i do need a bigger fluffy brush to apply it. The packaging is really sleek which is always great for drugstore foundations.

on 5/5/2010 1:26:00 AM

I do like this powder. Simple packaging, no gimmicks, just a compact powder with a mirror. However, medium was a bit too dark for me, and I'm pretty tan, so it's gonna be my bronzer from now on. The couple of times that I did apply it all over my face (before looking in my car mirror on a sunny day and realizing I looked like I had a horrible experience with a self-tanner), it was wonderfully smooth and mattified my skin, but didn't feel over-drying like some powders. I'll be sure to purchase it in light/medium next time. I'd highly recommend this as a FINISHING powder, not a foundation powder (in other words, don't wear it alone.)

on 5/3/2010 5:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I bought this thinking it would stay on all day like the colorstay Liquid seeing as I have really oily skin but wanted something lighter that looked more natural and not so caked on. I got it in Medium which was a close enough match. Cons of this product are that unfortunately it does not last very long. After about 2 hours this powder has disappeared taking my blusher with it. Very dissapointing. Though I did use it on its own as a foundation with just a moisturiser, it may work well as a setting powder ontop of a liquid foundation?

The powder is not very pressed and makes a mess, and the puff it comes with ended up cracking the podwer into bits with the slightest touch.I wouldn't buy this again as I think there is probably a better powder out there and at 10.50 it doesn't come cheap.

EDIT: I now use this for very light coverage on days when I'm not really doing anything and it evens out my skin very nicely, doesn't look like I have any make up on and gives a finished look. It's so easy to apply I think I may keep buying this when I run out but staying power needs to improve! But for times when you need something for just a few hours and light coverage this is good.