September 16, 2014 | 2085 users online

Pressed Powders - Revlon - Colorstay Pressed Powder with SoftFlex

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2010 3:30:00 PM More reviews by Diva99

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I purchased this product as an alternative to my MAC Blot Powder (which keeps breaking apart, though is an excellent powder for controlling shine) Unfortunately, Revlon's Colorstay pressed powder does not last long in humidity or hot weather - it also seems to wear off in under two hours and the shine around my t-zone returns. I have tried many pressed powders and am disappointed with this one. I won't be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2010 1:10:00 AM More reviews by elbz08

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this! I'v went threw so many i can't count. I used to use covergirl's, this is SO much better. It doesnt have that super powdery smell that my others have, i get it in fair, which matches me perfectly! It makes a really smooth finish, like it doesnt look super powdery on, and it doesnt seem to transfer onto my cell phone or anything threw out the day. lol i always wait and buy 2 when they have bogos at drugstores :) best ds powder i'v tried so far.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/14/2010 3:01:00 PM More reviews by Khaillah

I'm so disappointed with this powder....the DARKEST shade would only match a caucasian woman of medium-dark complexion. They clearly didnt make this line for African women, whether light, medium or dark. The shades are very limited...and it just looks and feels chalky on my face. I wish they would make the shade that goes with my RCS foundation. Sigh.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2010 9:34:00 PM More reviews by mespi5

I got this along with my revlon colorstay liquid foundation after watching a review on youtube and then seeing that it was a BOGO at rite aid, it was like a sign. So i got this in medium/deep to go with my 400 caramel liquid foundation. I think they work really well together. I tried this along with my tinted moisturizer but I found that it left me looking a little too light because my tinted moisturizer doesn't provide much color. But with my revlon colorstay it's really great. It is kind of loose so I found that i do need a bigger fluffy brush to apply it. The packaging is really sleek which is always great for drugstore foundations.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2010 1:26:00 AM More reviews by Neume

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I do like this powder. Simple packaging, no gimmicks, just a compact powder with a mirror. However, medium was a bit too dark for me, and I'm pretty tan, so it's gonna be my bronzer from now on. The couple of times that I did apply it all over my face (before looking in my car mirror on a sunny day and realizing I looked like I had a horrible experience with a self-tanner), it was wonderfully smooth and mattified my skin, but didn't feel over-drying like some powders. I'll be sure to purchase it in light/medium next time. I'd highly recommend this as a FINISHING powder, not a foundation powder (in other words, don't wear it alone.)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2010 5:05:00 PM More reviews by xpinkangelx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this thinking it would stay on all day like the colorstay Liquid seeing as I have really oily skin but wanted something lighter that looked more natural and not so caked on. I got it in Medium which was a close enough match. Cons of this product are that unfortunately it does not last very long. After about 2 hours this powder has disappeared taking my blusher with it. Very dissapointing. Though I did use it on its own as a foundation with just a moisturiser, it may work well as a setting powder ontop of a liquid foundation?

The powder is not very pressed and makes a mess, and the puff it comes with ended up cracking the podwer into bits with the slightest touch.I wouldn't buy this again as I think there is probably a better powder out there and at 10.50 it doesn't come cheap.

EDIT: I now use this for very light coverage on days when I'm not really doing anything and it evens out my skin very nicely, doesn't look like I have any make up on and gives a finished look. It's so easy to apply I think I may keep buying this when I run out but staying power needs to improve! But for times when you need something for just a few hours and light coverage this is good.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2010 1:55:00 PM More reviews by JonMoss

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

So why did they take away the 'deep' shade for this powder? Do they think darker skinned women don't use powder--they must be mistaken. If they can have dark shades for the liquid foundation they sure as heck can have a dark shade for the powder!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2010 9:16:00 AM More reviews by prinzcess_ayu

Well,it is very cheap compared to other revlon pressed powder. Packaging looks very cheap but very light n sturdy. I can say this is dupe for MAC Blot Powder. It does keep my skin oil free for about 4 hours. It's pretty good job for my super oily skin. Definately will purchased again.
I like how this powder set on my foundation. It doesn't add coverage to my foundation, it just help to set my foundation which I really like. It doesn't caked, it looks very visible on my skin.
I hope revlon can improve the packaging which for me look very cheap. Overall great product!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2010 10:16:00 AM More reviews by HelenaS

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I always return to this powder. It works really well for setting makeup and doesn't settle in fine lines. I used to wear MAC Blot Powder but the darn thing always crumbles on me, so I have given up! This actually works just as well for less $, esp. if you use coupons or get it BOGO at CVS. I wear MAC NC20 and the shade "Light" works well for me. It is a pale beige with very slight yellow undertones which helps to cancel out redness, but not so much that it looks yellow on me.

The compact is incredibly ugly and cheap-looking, and I wish Revlon would improve it. It is not something you'd want to whip out in public! I don't carry it with me anyway, since I only use it to set my makeup in the a.m. But it would be nice to have a somewhat more chic-looking compact. Come on, Revlon, splurge a little and spruce up the container a bit!

Otherwise--I love this powder. It is one of those drugstore gems that one hopes never gets d/c!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2010 5:23:00 PM More reviews by almond_leaves

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Black

Lasts long, mattifies beautifully, doesn't cake, gives a smooth soft look and prevents my concealer from creasing and settling into fine lines.

Compact packaging. Throw out the puff it comes with, its very cheap.

Great, will repurchase!