Almay Liquid Eyeliner

3.7

Water , Propylene Glycol , Triethanolamine , Oleyl Alcohol , Magnesium Aluminum Silicate , Stearic Acid , Xanthan Gum , Glyceryl Stearate , Hectorite , Cellulose , Acrylates , C-10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer , Isopropylparaben , Butylparaben , Isobutylparaben , Iron Oxides , Mica CI 77491, 77492, 77499 - May Conatain , Titanium Dioxide CI 77019 - May Conatain , Ultramarines CI 77007 - May Conatain

on 8/28/2011 9:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I initially quite liked this eye liner. Though I struggled to create a straight line, I was confident with practice that issue would fade. And, yes, it stung a bit for a few minutes afterwards...but such is the price of beauty! Or so I thought.

Because then I was at my Borders reading a book a solid hour of applying the liner. I was in the store for a good three hours. It was a wee bit hot and humid but nothing drastic. My eyes began to hurt a bit, but I thought nothing of it...mainly because the book was so good. But when I stood up to go buy it, suddenly my eyes were not merely uncomfortable, they were BURNING. I walked as fast as I could out of that store, combating a deep desire to rub my eyes to make the pain STOP, but not wanting to look insane. I ultimately rubbed them and then threw on some sunglasses. My eyes at this point were streaming liquid as if I was sobbing because they were so irritated.

That was in DC during Spring. I'm now in Arizona. There is no way in hell I'm risking that eyeliner near my eyes again.

on 8/24/2011 5:41:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

This is one of the best liquid eyeliners I've ever used. It last through out the day and looks so smooth. It doesn't have that crack look at the end of the day either. It comes with a felt tip wand so application is easier for me. The wand/felt tip could be a lot better,but overall the content is simply wonderful! Better than most department and drug store liquid liners!

on 7/27/2011 7:09:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

i will deffinatly buy this product again and again and again. It stays on forever and has great colour. dose not smudge, almay is non-animal tested. The little bottle seems to never end even though i wear it like everyday. LOVE IT!

on 7/4/2011 1:29:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I usually prefer a retractable pencil eyeliner, but decided to try a liquid liner with a felt tip. I found this liner to be easy to apply and control. It dries nicely too, and doesn't seem to smear. Guess I can't expect more for the price!

on 5/10/2011 10:04:00 AM

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I really like this product , no joke. I have weird eyelids that can look like they're double but sometimes look like hooded eyelids. This lines my eyes nicely & you can notice the difference (in a good way haha). It's pretty easy to control for me so I have almost no problems with it. The only thing I can think about that I don't like, is that it's not waterproof. For me, it doesn't matter anyways because I haven't had it smudge massively (only a bit) yet since I've bought it.

on 4/29/2011 10:39:00 PM

What it is: a black 16 hour liquid eyeliner.
- - -
Pros - decent length plastic applicator (meaning long enough so that your hand isn't in your eye but short enough so you maintain control of the handle). long lasting. true to black color. doesn't smudge.
- - -
Cons - not waterproof at all. brush can lose its firm shape after some time (although I preferred this, I can see why others might not).
- - -
Side note - I used to use the Mac liquid eyeliner (black tracks) but it seemed like after a few hours it would look crusty or patchy. I've never had that problem with this liquid liner. The 2.9 mL bottle has lasted me over a year and I've been using it daily on my upper lash line because the color doesn't fade the way pencil liners do. I'm not sure if it holds up to 16 hours but it is definitely long wearing.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

This product is my favorite liquid eyeliner and I've tried them all. I'm one of those girls who overindulges in her winged eyeliner. Being Asian, just lining doesn't define enough for me. I need a vivid, black, sharp line and a slight wing and boy, does this product deliver!
One of these babies last me about three months' worth of every day lining and the color and the staying power is perfect every time. My only grip with it is pretty personal. The applicator loses its stiffness in a couple weeks, so I grow accustomed to the looser, softer tip. When I open a new package, the applicator is hard and stiff and doesn't pick up as much product as I want. But I suck it up.
A tip- I noticed this and Revlon's Black Colorstay eyeliner are pretty much identical products, which makes sense because Revlon is Almay's parent company. But Almay's has more product- a .2 fl oz difference and it's actually a dollar cheaper at my local drugstore.

on 4/6/2011 3:32:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I am Asian and have "half" double eyelids or hooded eyelids. My first requirement for eyeliner is that liner on my upper lash line doesn't smudge onto my lower lid. When I first used this product, I was pleased with the brush (stiff and easy to use). The consistency was slightly watery, but two coats did it for me. However, 3 hours later without any sort of sweating or eye rubbing, I had dark smudges under my eyes. This product is a definite NO for me.

on 3/29/2011 7:43:00 PM

I loved this eyeliner, It lasted me a long time, and it stayed on all day. I would buy this again.

on 3/29/2011 7:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Its the best if ever tried. It stays on all day and the brush gives great precision. It doesnt smudge but it comes off easily with make up remover. The bottle is small so its prefect for travel and its overall the best and cheapest ive ever tried.

Top Rated Almay Products