April 19, 2014 | 864 users online

Eyeliner - GOSH - Velvet Touch Eyeliner

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2010 2:06:00 AM More reviews by tinawenders

Undoubted it is a dupe of MAC Powerpoint!

I bought one today (woody green) because it is on sale in drugstore (1/2 price, costs only about US$5.4)! isn't that insane? It applies so smoothly and the color is so gorgeous. I immediately took out my MAC powerpoint eyeliner and compare it with GOSH, they are exactly the same in both packaging and material. I will definitely go out now and grab as many as I can afford.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/17/2010 11:00:00 AM More reviews by LauraDB

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Creamy and easy to apply, stays on really well, and gorgeous colours. Only downside is that you have to sharpen it (and I hate sharpening creamy pencils!). But overall very good.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2010 11:10:00 AM More reviews by MatulQa2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have 14 shades of this amazing eye pencil :) ... I want to describe all of the shades I own because I think it really helps to choose a right shade or to find a shade you are looking for :) so here we go :D
006 Bananas- beautiful light yellowy colour or iridescent gold if you want, I use it for my inner corners of my eyes. it is shimmery.
009 Golden globe- shimmery yellowy gold
Sparkling pearl- this one is from Crystal eyes collection, it is glittery pearly champagne color, also for inner corners because it is very light.
002 Girl power- this one is almost matte orangey coral color, very great for summer :)
Blueberry ice- Light pastel lilac colour also very light, good for inner corners when I do purple looks, shimmery.
Funky violet- completely matte, dark purple with reddish undertones.
Pretty petrol- its petrol blue, darker shade of blue, shimmery
004 Green boost- shimmery pale green, excellent for spring, very light so I use it for my inner corners when I do green looks
Mettalic brass- OMG! my favourite one, very unique color, dark brown almost black with gold glitters ..beautiful :)
Hypnotic grey- when I was buying it I was affraid that it would be simmilar to Black ink which I also own, bur I was suprised when I compared them on my hand..it is REALLY dark grey, completely matte
010 Copper girl- shimmery coppery color
008 Silver screen- shimmery silver color
Sparkling silver- also limited edition shade, it is very similar to Silver screen but it contains silver glitters and it is a little bit li“ghter than a previous one.
Black ink- completely matte black, I have some problems with this one, however it is called: velvet touch waterproof eye liner, this is smudging and it is not long lasting on your waterline...

I want to buy more because GOSH is my favourite cosmetic brand and I love these eye pencils...

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2010 1:14:00 PM More reviews by magazinejunkie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this eyeliner! I bought it in grey several weeks ago and since eyeliner is a must-have essential of mine, I have tried many different ones before. This is definitely my favourite of the lot - it's super easy to apply, affordable and stays on for ages. I will definitely be buying it again :)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2010 11:27:00 AM More reviews by cem

Stays forever!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2010 12:51:00 PM More reviews by Juliasyji

I'm actually REALLY surprised and impressed with this liner.
I bought this in shimmery purple which is really pretty.
Also I only bought this so that I can have a fun color eyeliner and didnt expect much at all in its quality.
for everyday undereye lining i rely on mac or dior smudgeproof pencil liners. Well i tried wearing GOSH eyeliner yesterday. and I don't know,,, maybe it's the shape of my eyes or whatever. for some reason my bottom liners NEVER EVER stay. no matter what. whether it's high end like christian dior or low end like rimmel. but GOSH stayed on! I had the prettiest shimmery purple accent eyes all day long. I've never been impressed with pencil type liner before but I'm REALLY happy with this.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2010 6:53:00 PM More reviews by BextheHat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I had persevered with a Rimmel Kohl eyeliner out of habit, despite the fact that by the end of the school day [at the time...] it was gone, completely and utterly smudged away.

So one day while browsing the make-up stands in my local Superdrug, I came across the Gosh stand. I didn't think much at first, it was a brand I was unfamiliar with, so I gave it a general glance but for some reason the Velvet Touch Eyeliner caught my interest. So acting out on a whim I purchased it in Black at the £5 price.

I have never regretted that purchase and still use said eyeliner to this day.

It's soft to the touch, feels very nice on the skin. I find it especially good for applying thickly around the eyes for going out with friends - very dramatic and high pigmented.

Best of all - upon returning home from several hours of may it be work, a day out, or even a night out; have a glance in the mirror, it's still there. Just the way you put it on. You couldn't really ask for anything else.
I feel bad for having to remove it before going to bed.

Advantages: Staying power is excellent, lovely effect when applied sparingly or thickly for a dramatic flair.

Disadvantages: With sharpening as the pencil does blunt rather quickly,it may not last that long if used daily [perhaps it's just me...], may be a bit too dark and noticeable for those who prefer subtle make-up.

Would I buy this product again?: I have on several occasions and will continue to do so.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2010 4:53:00 PM More reviews by princess101

UPDATE: Took this on a recent trip to a hot destination, and somewhere along the way the formula did not react well to the change in temperature. It became too soft to apply, and even after throwing in the freezer for half an hour, in hopes of hardening the liner again, it didn't work. I had to toss it....so sad!

I'm not gonna say anything that hasn't already been said----it's great, period. HOWEVER, it is NOT WATERLINE SAFE, as stated on their website. I'm not sure why, but as a precautionary measure I haven't done it, and others have without any harm, but for those thinking that it is, the site clearly states that it is not.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2010 12:53:00 AM More reviews by songtothesiren

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a perfect eyeliner. It glides on so smoothly, has high pigment, and stays on all day. I'm not sure I would buy it again because they are around $20 CDN. However, one pencil is quite long, and will probably last you a long time.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2010 5:25:00 PM More reviews by luckiiestar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I adore those pencils. I have almost every color haha!
First of all,the texture is smooth and it glides really well.
And the colors are wonderful,you have so much choice!
The colors show up easily and it's doesn't smudge,it's highly waterproof.

Sometimes,when I want a dramatic effect for a makeup,I use them as a base. (Exemple : The Purple Rain Velvet Touch Liner underneath a purple powder or shadow,the result is mad! And it doesn't crease. It's my little trick,and I love it.)

You can use different colors like a Goldigger Velvet Touch as a base and a Blue-Gold eye shadow on it..it gives a nice effect also,and a new color! Just be sure to pat the color on to give more intensity.

And they are a dupe from the Lise Watier.. (17$) There's a lot of colors that looks like the Gosh's one: same texture,same color and the pencils from Gosh are even more waterproof.

I recommend an oily based eye make-up remover because (like the Marcelle one) they are a little bit hard to remove.

They cost 13$ but sometimes they go on sale for 11$ so it's not that expensive. Again,it's exclusive to Pharmaprix/Shoppers Drug Mart.