October 25, 2014 | 866 users online

Eyeliner - GOSH - Velvet Touch Eyeliner

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2010 6:42:00 PM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have 2 of these pencils - Pretty Petrol, an almost navy blue, and Golden Moss, which is exactly as it sounds - a burnished, golden dark green. These are excellent pencils and last all day without smudging. I'm a lame-o when it comes to sharpening pencils that need it (I do prefer "twist up") but solve this by popping them into the freezer for half an hour or so before sharpening. I do wish these were considered safe for the waterline - the site specifically says they are NOT safe to use on the waterline. I have used them on my waterline a few times but always worry when I do. But they are amazing pencils for an amazing price and I plan to get 2 or 3 more shades to try.

UPDATE: I've since added 3 more of these liners - in Metallic Brass, Truly Brown and Ink Black - to my "collection". Honestly, these are such good quality pencils - so much better than UD 24/7, which always smear on me and which cost much more - and the colour selection is awesome too. Metallic Brass has become my most used liner - it's a dark brown that is almost black and it has a metallic finish to it that is really nice. And the black liner is a true, rich, deep-dark black. And these pencils stay put with no smudging or smearing all day long.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2010 9:20:00 AM More reviews by Belle84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I've got two of these, Rising Sun - a gold and Silver Screen - a silver, and I simply love them.

I use them especially on the inner corner of the eyes and I've previously had the problem with the colour disappearing after a few hours. These stay on for ever and ever. They're also really creamy and easy to apply. To be recommended!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2010 4:47:00 PM More reviews by Kcairns

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This was a recent purchase bought specifically to wear to a music festival where it was forecast to rain (I'm in Scotland - it rains here all year!) as I really wanted to avoid any nasty black marks on my face from mascara / eyeliner. It worked very well. Stayed on all day with minimal fading and no running at all. I bought the shade metallic brass and it didn't really seem to live up to it's name - it's not really metallic (it has a slight sheen) and the 'brass' was non existent - I think of brassy shades as tending toward warm, this is cool/neutral. The colour actually reminds me a lot of Clinique's Egyptian. Texture was good, yes its soft but its not mushy or too smudgy. I plan to buy a couple more in other shades, they're such a bargain and there's a good range of shades. I didn't have too many issues with removing it - I use a gentle face wash (Lavera) for removing my eye make up and this came off with no problem.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2010 7:38:00 PM More reviews by sokolum

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have three colours of this eyeliner and I find it fantastic! They're soft and the colour selection is amazing. I like to wear it on the corners of my eyes because my eyes are watery and this actually lasts throughout the day. They are soft and do not tug at the eye.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2010 6:38:00 AM More reviews by apk2

This eyeliner blows all my other pencil liners out the roof! I never used to be able to use pencil liners because they crease and smudge everywhere like a racoon. So for a while i used only MAC fluidline but i really liked the control of pencil liners and so i found this at shoppers drug mart one day and decided to try it. It's SO smooth and it lasts all day. The only downside is that it's so soft that i think a lot goes onto your eye at once and i have to sharpen it really often which sucks. But i'll still buy it because it's cheaper than mac and really nice to use.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2010 2:06:00 AM More reviews by tinawenders

Undoubted it is a dupe of MAC Powerpoint!

I bought one today (woody green) because it is on sale in drugstore (1/2 price, costs only about US$5.4)! isn't that insane? It applies so smoothly and the color is so gorgeous. I immediately took out my MAC powerpoint eyeliner and compare it with GOSH, they are exactly the same in both packaging and material. I will definitely go out now and grab as many as I can afford.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/17/2010 11:00:00 AM More reviews by LauraDB

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Creamy and easy to apply, stays on really well, and gorgeous colours. Only downside is that you have to sharpen it (and I hate sharpening creamy pencils!). But overall very good.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2010 11:10:00 AM More reviews by MatulQa2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have 14 shades of this amazing eye pencil :) ... I want to describe all of the shades I own because I think it really helps to choose a right shade or to find a shade you are looking for :) so here we go :D
006 Bananas- beautiful light yellowy colour or iridescent gold if you want, I use it for my inner corners of my eyes. it is shimmery.
009 Golden globe- shimmery yellowy gold
Sparkling pearl- this one is from Crystal eyes collection, it is glittery pearly champagne color, also for inner corners because it is very light.
002 Girl power- this one is almost matte orangey coral color, very great for summer :)
Blueberry ice- Light pastel lilac colour also very light, good for inner corners when I do purple looks, shimmery.
Funky violet- completely matte, dark purple with reddish undertones.
Pretty petrol- its petrol blue, darker shade of blue, shimmery
004 Green boost- shimmery pale green, excellent for spring, very light so I use it for my inner corners when I do green looks
Mettalic brass- OMG! my favourite one, very unique color, dark brown almost black with gold glitters ..beautiful :)
Hypnotic grey- when I was buying it I was affraid that it would be simmilar to Black ink which I also own, bur I was suprised when I compared them on my hand..it is REALLY dark grey, completely matte
010 Copper girl- shimmery coppery color
008 Silver screen- shimmery silver color
Sparkling silver- also limited edition shade, it is very similar to Silver screen but it contains silver glitters and it is a little bit li´ghter than a previous one.
Black ink- completely matte black, I have some problems with this one, however it is called: velvet touch waterproof eye liner, this is smudging and it is not long lasting on your waterline...

I want to buy more because GOSH is my favourite cosmetic brand and I love these eye pencils...

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2010 1:14:00 PM More reviews by magazinejunkie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this eyeliner! I bought it in grey several weeks ago and since eyeliner is a must-have essential of mine, I have tried many different ones before. This is definitely my favourite of the lot - it's super easy to apply, affordable and stays on for ages. I will definitely be buying it again :)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2010 11:27:00 AM More reviews by cem