Revlon ColorStay Blemish Concealer with Soft Flex

3.6

Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid 0. 5% (acne treatment. Inactive Ingredients: Aqua (water, eau), Cyclomethicone, Trimethysiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Boron Nitride, Alcohol Denat. , Tribehenin, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Nylon 12, Isododecane, Polyisobutene, Sodium Chloride, Serica (silk, soie), Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Malva Sylvestris Extract, Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract (lily), Lactobacillus/Eridictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Cymbidium Grandiflorum Flower Extract, Polydimethylsiloxane/Polymethysilesquioxane Copolymer, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein, Bisabolol, Dimethicone, Cetyl PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Methicone, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Ethylene Brassylate, Trisiloxane, Tetrasodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI77491, CI77492, CI77499), Mica (CI77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI77891).

on 4/16/2011 1:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

At first, this seemed great. It covered my blemishes quite well, although if you put too much on it appeared cakey, but the staying power was also really, really great. It lasted about 12 hours on me (and i have oily skin).
BUT. I realized, this is what kept getting me the deep cysts, the whiteheads and the blackheads that I kept trying to cover up.
It was like a vicious cycle. I've (unfortunately) used this product for 2 1/2 yrs. I was probably going through the height of puberty, so naturally, I was getting some acne. I started using this product to cover it up, and that, it did its job. Meanwhile, the puberty acne went away as I got older, but because this product was clogging my pores and causing me deep, cosmetic-sourced pimples, I thought I just kept having acne because of puberty.
A week ago, I switched to a new concealer, that I prayed had the same staying power, but is mineral and non-clogging. As soon as I stopped using the Revlon concealer, my face cleared up so much. I can't believe it.
Please, I DO NOT recommend this to those with acne. You'll be tempted to use it a lot, and cause yourself more deep, painful acne.

on 3/27/2011 10:59:00 AM

i bought this to cover my acne scars and newly 'born' blemishes. I was amazed that after one use, my blemishes were dried up and almost completely gone. I use a very small amount of this because TBH, you just don't need to cake it on. It does an OK job of concealing acne scars, but i wouldn't consider it full coverage. I think it's a good product and does what it claims to. Would repurchase!

WORST. CONCEALER. EVER! Do yourself a favor and don't waste your time and patience with this product. I really did want to love it, but I will never use this concealer again. It was waaay to difficult to apply. It dried hard and cracking. It felt like my skin would rip when I smiled. Also when applying this product.. If I tried to cover up a spot a little more, the whole spot would come off and it literally looked like I put on a full face of makeup and then took remover and took off one spot like the size of my finger tip and it would be impossible to cover that spot and blend it correctly without removing a huge section and redoing it again. It took me waay too long and I dont have that kind of time in the morning, nor the patience to be using a concealer that has soo many problems. Im looking to cover up my flaws, not create more. It would look patchy.. It also looked too cakey and wasnt that great for covering up pimples. It dried to fast and I have read that in other reviews, even though I chose to ignore it. I figured "Im good with makeup, Ill be fine" but it really is just an awful product. I used it once and had that patchy problem (which took me an extra half hour to do my makeup, making me late for school), but decided to give it one more chance. I had the same problem and as soon as I was done, I put the concealer right back in its package and I plan on returning it the first chance I get. This concealer was NOT worth the $10 I paid for it. I wouldnt use this concealer again if someone gave me a bunch of tubes of it for free. Dont waste your time on this product. Looove the Revlon ColorStay Foundation, but I HATE the concealer!
For those of you with acne, I reccomend Glamoflague concealer. It's only like $6 at WalMart and I believe its by Hard Candy. It gives great coverage and even though it doesnt last as long as the ColorStay if you have oily skin, it is well worth touching up a few times during the day. It is great for covering pimples and is easy to apply.

I have been using this product for about 2 years and I Love it! I think it works well to cover the blemishes and dark spots I have; you just need to be careful about putting too much, as sometime it does not blend too well.
My family tells me it helps make my face look clearer, I'm not sure if it actually will lighten the appearance of blemishes alone... I have not used anything else consistently, but I will branch out soon, this will be my go-to.

on 3/19/2011 2:54:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Yes that's right, five lippies. It's glorious.

I recently discontinued use of full-coverage foundation after five years of wearing it every day, non stop. When I wore full-coverage foundation, it covered like 95% of areas that needed to be "concealed," and since I don't break out very often, I rarely paid any attention to concealer. I had some mac liquid stuff - it really wasn't that great, so I hardly wore it.

Now I'm wearing more tinted moisturizers and sheer foundations so concealing my weirdly pigmented areas is MUCH MORE important. I'm a pale girl, so my red cheeks and t-zone stick out like a sore thumb if not properly concealed.

Since I have what I feel is a pretty dang large area that needs to be concealed (cheeks, chin, nose, forehead - jeez, is there anything left?), I need a concealer that is not too thick and that blends in flawlessly with my natural skin tone, but that still offers a decent amount of coverage so i can get the pink/red skin to look not-so-red.

I bought this in fair and it absolutely matches my skin tone in every way. Hard Candy was much too yellow and too dark for me, and this one is a little pink (very little) so it covers up the red without changing the color of my skin.

I personally think the lasting power is great. I've used it both under and over foundation/tinted moisturizer, and always use it over a face primer. I have really...annoying skin in the winter and my cheeks tend to get flakey which can make everything else a pain to apply, but this concealer glides on and doesn't cake in those areas.

You know how some girls say "oh i just dab on some concealer and don't even need foundation" and you get mad jealous? Well for me, with this concealer, I can actually be that girl. It's pretty rad. I'll still poke around and see if I can find something better, but I think at least on the drugstore level, it can't get any better than this.

Keep in mind, I haven't dabbled too much in my quest for the perfect concealer, so if I find something made from unicorn dust that transforms me into a fairy or something I'll come back and edit this review.

on 3/9/2011 1:03:00 PM

On it's own, not such a great concealer, it's not opaque enough to cover any major discolorations but works great with my Hard Candy Glamoflauge. This matches my skin tone almost perfectly but the glamoflauge is way too light. So I layer this over it once it's dry to have a perfect match. The 2 together last all day with minimal transfer to my face mask I have to wear at work. I am not a huge fan of wand concealers but I can deal with it.

on 3/1/2011 4:27:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I love the color stay line. This product gave me medium coverage. It works well on red marks or tiny pimple, but didn't work so good on a fresh raised pimple...if anything it made it stand out more. I think I would buy this again. It never made my acne marks worse and I did notice acne marks would fade faster then they would have with a normal concealer.
Overall not a bad product.

on 3/1/2011 4:09:00 AM

I use this concealer on blemishes. I am too nervous to use it under my eyes due to the acid in the product. It works fairly well for me. It is thick and creamy enough for good coverage. The shade in Light is perfect for my skin tone too.

I find it too expensive in South Africa therefore its not worth buying again.

on 2/27/2011 4:12:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

this made me happy :) its the only concealer that last long on my oily skin kinda light for the colour medium it has medium coverge wierdly if i pat really fast it disapears and it does help with blemishes wish it had a brush though

on 2/21/2011 3:43:00 PM

I really like this concealer. In fact, it's the only one that's worked for me, drugstore-department store. I think it's the staying power, and the color match that makes it such a winner in my book. It's been the only one to stick to my face all day. In CAN look powdery if over-applied. When covering a blemish, I apply it OVER my foundation (using the shade closest to my skintone). I apply just to the blemish, not using too little, because if you add, it tends to get too heavy, and not too much, because then you have to start over. I use either my ring finger or a small brush to gently press it as it sets, blending into the surrounding skin.

The trick is to use the right amount, and to apply it correctly. Don't set it with too much powder; it'll stay without it, and the powder can tend to make it look too heavy.